Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Blood on the Sands Feedback / Media Thread

Feedback

Positives:

+ VORTIGAUNT GANG
+ good feeling to have real effects on the main server, especially to compensate for no character transfers. It made it feel like we were actually doing something, and that the outcome actually mattered.
+ The shooting aspects were generally fun. The section where we were defending the outside of the bunker was very enjoyable especially, and many people's highlight of the event.
+ Vehicle/heavy weapons elements were fun. Manning the big guns and shooting down tanks, striders, or just the poor infantry unit that decided to move out of cover at the wrong time
+ "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- ah coughs."
"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- ah coughs."

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- ah coughs."

Negatives:
- Vortibolt didn't work, which is like having egg and chips when someone's taken the yolk out of all the eggs. Still better than just chips, but still a bit disappointing. (Side benefit was that the Vortigaunts used guns instead which was funny)
- felt extremely MAA sided. First day felt balanced. The gas artillery after a neutral battle felt a bit unfair but it was fine. Then at the bunker we took out several striders, helicopters, tanks, APCs and a ton of infantry, and yet still pushed back into bunker with no real reward or advantage for our efforts. Then inside the bunker we set up a relatively impenetrable defense, and a crab synth is thrown our way. Once we beat the synth, a hunter arrives (i don't remember how many hunters there were, might've been 2, but definitely not both at once). Fungle also forgets to turn PKs on, so all the MAA we killed came back even when it was supposed to be one life. To be fair, I'm pretty sure that applied to us too, but it felt like we were getting more kills (though it was hard to tell without PKs on) Then after all that Moses wins the machete duel but we get shafted anyway. Just to be clear, none of these things individually made the event MAA sided - they are a group with much more resources and support after all - but the combination of all this made the event feel like it was on rails. Also, the fact that the MAA didn't even feel dented by the end was unfortunate too. Seeing like, 20 MAA board the ships at the end compared to the tattered survivors holding out in the hq of the bunker made it feel like we didn't really achieve anything.
- the spawncamping and general respawn issues wasn't good
- the passive RP at the end between the MAA and the NRAU allying temporarily was super fun and it was upsetting that it ended so abruptly. Not really anyone's fault, but it was a shame for it to be cut short in such a jarring way.

Overall, still a very fun event. Loads of cool screenshots and a video on the way. If anyone has any footage they want me to our in the video send it to me on discord and I'll make sure to try and include it.

8/10
The event is for the MAA, of course we'll have plot armour 💀

As far as I know, its a shared sentiment that the ending wasn't very satisfying. NRAU was given even less firepower than the MAA and we had to resort to literal Vietcong and Iraqi Insurgent tactics to stave off the MAA. The duel at the end was meant to be a dramatic end but we kinda delved back into chaos. There were options for victory for both sides from what I was told, but it is what it is.
Ironically regarding the equipment we had? We had literally just our rifles, and nobody wanted to push, the NRAU were so dug in we literally could not push at all without support due to how little hardware we had, admins saw this and had to push you back so we would push and take casualties, more or less the MAA were unable to push in a tactically unsound situation, until we brought in support. Had the admins not supported us (We didn't have anything outside of our rifles) We would've sat there exchanging shots till we ran out of ammo. or until the admins decided to do something to nudge us. So as forced as it felt, we were given a untenable position, and were literally not allowed to retreat for a better route of attack, as there was.

1. No alternate route to the NRAU.

2. Nobody wanted to risk it against a literal pulse MG, and firepower that was so well dug in that we'd all die before we reached the first reinforced area

Back