Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bravo's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo

Active member
Joined
Dec 30, 2020
Messages
65
Steam Name: bravo
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:150880482

Name of the Admin you were banned by: Fedora.
How long is the ban for?: One month.
The reason you were banned?: Metagaming.

Why do you wish to be unbanned?:

Hello everyone. I'm going to try and recount my end of this situation as best I can, though since I have incomplete information I may need a staff member to fill in some blanks.

The ban reason I was provided by Ozzekiel was that I streamed a portion of an interrogation I was doing. I acknowledge that I did stream one, though since I've done several (around 6-8) in the last several days, I don't remember which exactly I streamed. I would like to first explain the context in which I did so. I've also posted what I believe is the relevant rule below.
  1. Any sort of live streaming, relaying IC information over text or voice channels relevant to ongoing situations in-game, are prohibited, whether on the willard discords or not. This also includes commands like /pm, /cwu, etc.
I'm in a Discord that I was invited to about a year ago; it's a group of people that I know since they were players on a server that I was running at the time. There are a few mutuals I'm familiar with in there, and a few of them appear to be regulars on Willard, so I did end up chatting with them about the server before and after it went back up this week.

The majority of the people I was speaking to at that time (the instance in question) were friends trying out citizens or interested on what I was doing in the server. As such, I again freely admit that I did stream one interrogation to a group. I had no knowledge that any of the more regular Willard players (in this case, zebra reached out and informed me it was him) were screenshotting the contents of otherwise using them.

That was not my intent, and I would like to make it clear that I don't really have any interest in organized metagaming or all that. I'm not very tuned in to what zebra was up to on here, beyond the fact that he was a prominent rebel who died recently; in fact, I was actually helping the other investigator units actively try to get him killed, so I don't see why I would have intentionally metagamed.

My reason for streaming was purely to entertain a few friends. As the rules say above, I didn't really consider this to fit the bill of an 'ongoing situation', as it was a talk in the Nexus that nobody watching could have possibly interfered with. I assumed if anybody metagamed something that blatantly it would just be voided, so I apologize if I misunderstood the streaming policy on this server, and if unbanned will not be streaming again.

I was also informed when asking zebra that there may have been a second instance where I am being accused of metagame. There were a group of around 7 citizens speaking in the plaza on 1/23, and after some dialogue I asked them all to apply. This is something I do to nearly every single citizen I ever speak with on the server, just out of habit. It happened that Johnathan Hyde (someone tied to the investigation) was there, so I took him in and we had a brief interrogation before he was let out.

What I was told is that apparently since Hyde typed something in LOOC during that period, me asking the citizens to apply was metagame. I honestly think it's beyond dishonest and disrespectful, if true, for that to be the case. A group of citizens that large (on every server I've ever played) is cause for at least some suspicion, and Hyde was not disadvantaged or treated unfairly in any way. I quite literally just asked him a few questions, along with another citizen from that group.

In all, I've been having a great time playing a unit thus far, and I would like to think this was a misunderstanding. On my part, I again acknowledge I did stream something that was taken advantage of by another player, so I would like to think I could be given the benefit of the doubt on that front.

If there is any component of this ban or the situations above that I am understanding, please let me know so I can add further detail. I also think it should go without saying that I will not be interacting with that Discord or group of individuals again even if not unbanned, since a bad faith actor was at play.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:

I may have a transcript of the interrogation which was streamed, depending on which one it was, though I only began saving the logs on around my third one. If any pictures of things are requested by staff for the decision making process, I'll try to provide them, but I'm not sure what would be needed here.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)

Zebra messaged me since he appears to have been banned for the same situation, and he has asked me to list him here. I will also list Knight, as he's a good friend of mine and has been assisting me with the interrogations and we have been having a fairly overlapped experience thus far on Willard, so he could potentially add something that I may have missed.

@Zebra @Knight
 
Reduced.

Hiya, after a discussion it seems that you never intended to metagame although you did break the rules by streaming the game to other players. With that in mind we'll reduce it to a days ban, it'll stay on record as being a valid ban.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top