Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BUSHWHACK INCURSION FEEDBACK

Devistral

Combine Main
ENG
Administrator
GALUNGA
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Messages
243
Thank you all for coming to my first expedition! As you could see it was very combat based and there were a LOT of close calls.

What was your favourite part?

What did you dislike about the expedition?

Any Additional Feedback?
​
 
Was my first time taking part in an expo. It was pretty boring, just bunch of NPCs getting spammed, CPs and OTA were just running around like headless chickens.
There was no story at all, nothing really mattered.

Atleast for me, I will not take part in any of those again.
 
What was your favourite part?
sniper......z
What did you dislike about the expedition?
not a lot of story, focus on smaller scale stuff to be able to actually give a fulfilling narrative
Any Additional Feedback?
more player.... less npc... small map...
 
Was my first time taking part in an expo. It was pretty boring, just bunch of NPCs getting spammed, CPs and OTA were just running around like headless chickens.
There was no story at all, nothing really mattered.

Atleast for me, I will not take part in any of those again.

Understandable, thanks for the information. Unfortunately expeditions don't really have a proper story unless it affects the main server directly. Though I could've made a better narrative.

I had to change maps with one week left until the exped because the owners of the previous map deleted their workshop file. I scrambled to solve the issue and negated the storyline because of it. I'll try not to do that next time.
 
Personally, I loved the dark stormy atmosphere.
The Rebel side was a bit meh, since the vast majority were NPCs that didn't respond half the time to being shot/in contact, or did such little damage they weren't necessarily a threat. (Obviously had to be this way to simulate numbers, as gathering tons of rebel players would not only be too much to handle but would be more difficult to coordinate)
I think the story was decent, I didn't quite understand exactly why we were there until halfway through when they spoke of the jammer interfering with OCIN.. But it was a really fun experience. Got a chance to have my cop return to the outlands where she once flourished offscreen, and got to kill vortigaunts 🤗
Edit- I enjoyed the largescale map, btw.. Even though there was massive open space in some places, it was really nice to have the distance you needed to cover.

Dislikes? To be honest, I'm not really sure I have any that come to mind. I enjoyed a lot of the different aspects to this one, including the S2K focus and freedom. Maybe the limited amount of real players to counter us after we had broken the silence and gone loud, but again.. That's understandable.
 
[EXPEDITION: BUSHWHACK INCURSION]logo_gif.gif​


theactualtopheader.png

​

What was your favorite part?logo_gif.gif
The beginning of the Expedition started off really strong. There was a very tangible and strong
sense of both isolation and exploration.
The stealth aspects of the expedition were good, until
they weren't. The hunt for information and the prediction of what lies ahead really drew me in.

The over all vibe of "civil protection and OTA are lost during a thunderstorm" worked really well.

topheader.png




logo_gif.giftheactualtopheader.png
What did you dislike about the expedition?
The need to be stealthy was quickly thrown away for just raw S2K. While I'm completely fine
with just
S2K, it didn't feel meaningful whatsoever. There was never a point where we were
thinking to ourselves "oh no, theyve found us out."
No alarms were sounded, the resistance
didn't seem to concerned with the fact that one of their sentries had lost contact, nobody
came out to go check on the sentry or the small base.
All that really came was just vehicles
of rebels. TLDR: T
here was no sense of urgency or escalation whatsoever, and the stealth
option was thrown away quickly.

topheader.png
​


theactualtopheader.png
logo_gif.gifOther Feedback | Suggestionslogo_gif.gif
In the future, I would love to see more narrative and stealth mechanics worked in. I'dlove for there to be moments where we're avoiding rebel patrols, responding to rebel pagers when we take a sentry out, dodging vehicle patrols, eavesdropping on rebel conversations, and generally being sneaky bastards. As well, I'd have wished there were documents and such that fleshed out what the resistance was doing and why, even just mundane things like notes and patrol schedules. Additionally, I'd like to see the buildings have a bit more realistic usage. These are rebel bases after all, most rooms in some buildings were empty.
topheader.png​
 

Attachments

  • logo_gif.gif
    logo_gif.gif
    565.5 KB · Views: 0
[EXPEDITION: BUSHWHACK INCURSION]View attachment 24602​


View attachment 24603

​

What was your favorite part?View attachment 24605
The beginning of the Expedition started off really strong. There was a very tangible and strong
sense of both isolation and exploration.
The stealth aspects of the expedition were good, until
they weren't. The hunt for information and the prediction of what lies ahead really drew me in.

The over all vibe of "civil protection and OTA are lost during a thunderstorm" worked really well.

View attachment 24606




View attachment 24609View attachment 24607
What did you dislike about the expedition?
The need to be stealthy was quickly thrown away for just raw S2K. While I'm completely fine
with just
S2K, it didn't feel meaningful whatsoever. There was never a point where we were
thinking to ourselves "oh no, theyve found us out."
No alarms were sounded, the resistance
didn't seem to concerned with the fact that one of their sentries had lost contact, nobody
came out to go check on the sentry or the small base.
All that really came was just vehicles
of rebels. TLDR: T
here was no sense of urgency or escalation whatsoever, and the stealth
option was thrown away quickly.

View attachment 24608​


View attachment 24610
View attachment 24611Other Feedback | SuggestionsView attachment 24611
In the future, I would love to see more narrative and stealth mechanics worked in. I'dlove for there to be moments where we're avoiding rebel patrols, responding to rebel pagers when we take a sentry out, dodging vehicle patrols, eavesdropping on rebel conversations, and generally being sneaky bastards. As well, I'd have wished there were documents and such that fleshed out what the resistance was doing and why, even just mundane things like notes and patrol schedules. Additionally, I'd like to see the buildings have a bit more realistic usage. These are rebel bases after all, most rooms in some buildings were empty.
View attachment 24612​

We DID have scouts come over to check out the sentries but a wallhammers fat beautiful ass stood in the middle of the road.

I have learnt that maybe I should dedicate expeditions to one faction only and emphasise on the stealth aspect to make it more enjoyable. It felt like half of the playerbase didn’t entirely care for the stealth.
 
I appreciate all the feedback

From what I gathered I will conduct another expedition at another time but focus on better explorative and deeper stealth mechanics. I’ll also ensure the narrative is played adequately.
 
Back
Top