Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

CFLU - Combine Exclusion Zone - 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cengiz

Admin
Staff Member
Admin
Creative Team

Short Stories Event

COMBINE EXCLUSION ZONE - 020

Prologue & Enviorment

1681990827304.png

<:: ADDENDUM -
RESEARCHER A.SMIRNOW - #001 ::>
"Found approximately 200 Kilometers northward from City 17 is a quarantined area known to contain a particular type of deadly virus that arose after the events that unfolded during the Xenian invasion and the Seven Hour War. The virus is thought to have spread from Xenian lifeforms that have settled on Earth and is fatal. This virus has been given the name 'CFLU', or Xen Bacterium, and is currently contained within a fenced-off town, Brahin, in Belarus.

Symptoms include; nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, cold, coughing fits, extreme bodily pain, bleeding from orifices, weakness in muscles, skin discoloration, blurry vision, eye swelling, mental disabilities, etc. The virus is easy to detect, as unlike most others, CFLU symptoms show immediately, and most victims to the bacterium report the same pattern of symptoms.
The name 'CFLU', pronounced 'CEE EFF ELL YOO", or "SEEFLU", simply stands for Complex False Leprosy and Uveitis and is definitely not related to the flu, despite what its name may suggest to some. 'Complex' is due to its severely confusing abilities, such as being able to infect and even take control of an individual in only [REDACTED], 'False Leprosy and Uveitis' is included, due to the virus especially sharing the most traits with both Leprosy and Uveitis, while being entirely different, hence it being 'false'. It is the official name for the bacterium and has a designation of B-9432, which is used by Overwatch forces when mentioning the virus. It is also known by 'Xen Bacterium'"

<:: ADDENDUM - RESEARCHER A.SMIRNOW - #002 ::>

"All remaining life forms within the vicinity were exterminated, and the town was fenced off completely, preventing the virus from any more contact with other organisms. The scouting units were quarantined and safely transferred to City 17. CFLU virus may make a comeback sometime in the future, and emergency procedures are put in place in every city, Combine controlled checkpoints, etc., for any signs of another outbreak.

The true origin of the bacterium is unknown, and the only guess being made is that it was carried by a small number of Xen creatures that made their way through to Earth. No reports of anything similar to this virus have been recorded in history at all."

<:: ADDENDUM - RESEARCHER A.SMIRNOW - #003 ::>

"All research performed within the quarantine area is monitored from a far distance, usually from surveillance towers located behind the fencing encapsulating the area, and any unauthorized lifeforms entering the vicinity by any means are to be terminated immediately. Many defense mechanisms surround the area, keeping outsiders away.

Large patches of radiation can be found in certain parts of this town, too, caused by the nearby ghost town of Chernobyl. They have been present ever since the incident, and only heightened the danger level within the town."

Factions

1681994868878.png
Citizens
"Normal citizens who survived in quarantine by luck, chance, or sheer force of will. They make up the bulk of the remaining survivors in the area. Most of them hide from the Synth patrols in destroyed houses or sewage tunnels. They hunt, harvest, or kill each other to get food. Some of the citizens have formed groups and barricaded themselves in houses. Others spend the night in tents in the middle of the forest. Many of them have different views or ideologies, but each of them wants to escape from this hell...this will be a wonderful experiment!" - RESEARCHER A.SMIRNOW

Civil Protection
"Civil Protection units that were unfortunately stuck in this mess when everything around them went down the drain. Their loyalty is questionable as they have been cut off for a very long time. OCIN considers them as a danger or autonomous in their words. These units have barricaded themselves in an old building and avoided any contact with other people. They feed mainly on hunting Headcrabs or other Xen Creatures."

Vortigaunt Tribe
" The Local Vortigaunt Tribe that lives in the Exclusion Zone, they have been by far the most interesting group among those in there. They Live inside a Cave, I have only seen a few of them until now. But I expect that there are more inside the Cave, The Experienced Fighters amongst them go, Hunting, & Avoid dangers from the Combine Patrols. It will be interesting to watch their escape attempt"

Threat Level Explained & Player Equipment ( Depending on the Faction )

Threat Level Explained: if you make too much noise or Shoot with a Firearm, Then there you might draw unwanted attention to yourself. The Overwatch Synthetic Arm Patrouls through the area, searching for their next Victim.

Threat Level 0 You draw no additional attention from the hostile entities. Whatever is on site,it is all you can expect to encounter

Threat Level I Hostile Factions are aware of your presence, general security has been heightened and you can expect greater resistance or even traps.

Threat Level II Additional Equipment and strength is provided to locations and those that defend them. Transhuman Patrols should be expected.

Threat Level III Enemies are on High Alert, ready to counter-attack at a moment's notice. Reinforcements are likely to arrive hastily. Synthetic or vehicular encounters are possible.​

Player Equipment, each Player has 10 Points to spend
Citizen Equipment
  1. Custom Cloths | 0 Points
  2. Custom Consumer Goods | 1 Point
  3. Gasmask with 2 Filters | 2 Points
  4. Medical Items | 3 Points
  5. Toolkit & Repair Plating | 3 Points
  6. Small Melee Weapon | 3 Points
  7. Armor | 5 Points
  8. Large Melee Weapon | 6 Points
  9. Hazmat Suit & with 3 Filters | 6 Points
  10. A Small Firearm | 6 Points
  11. Advanced Medical Items | 6 Points
  12. Additional Ammo | 8 Points
Civil Protection Equipment
  1. Custom Cloths | 0 Points
  2. Custom Consumer Goods | 1 Point
  3. 3 Filters | 2 Points
  4. Medical Items | 3 Points
  5. Toolkit & Repair Plating | 3 Points
  6. Stunstick or any other Melee weapon | 3 Points
  7. A Small Firearm | 5 Points
  8. Advanced Medical Items | 6 Points
  9. Sub Machine Gun | 8 Points
Vortigaunt Equipment
  1. Medical Items | 3 Points
  2. Toolkit & Repair Plating | 3 Points
  3. Vortigaunt Bandanna | 3 Points
  4. Vortigaunt Brown Trench | 3 Points
  5. Vortigaunt Brown Trousers | 3 Points
  6. Antlion Guard Plate | 5 Points
  7. Outlands Meat Belt | 5 Points
  8. Sustenance Belt | 5 Points
  9. Advanced Medical Items | 6 Points
  10. Antlion Extract | 100 Points :angrycop:

Some of you Players will be Selected in the beginning to start as Infected Players. These Players will have the ability to infect other Players. Trust is going to become a Rare Good. Vortigaunts may also become Infected, always wear your Protective Gear folks!

You may also Start either in a Group or Solo!

When will the event be held?

05.05.2023 -> 06.05.2023

The date might change again

Citizen ( 17/15 ) [ FULL ]
Civil Protection ( 4/5 )
Vortigaunt ( 5/5 ) [ FULL ]
Artyom Petrenko @Spitfire1
Ilya Liakhovich @Finny
Oscar Lavatt @Dazor
Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger @Fallizs
Adrian Stone @ramen
Alexander Vitolov @HalfLife2CitizenMale09
Pyotr Levin @Lockbody
Otis McKeen @LucCeptic
Marco Fidel @Maine
Vasil Iuryi @Tactically Edgy
Emilija Moiseyeva @RileyTheRoomba
Boris Morozov @TrueDiabeto
Angus Vass @Master of Kebab
Bartek Kamienski @Milky
Oleksandr Denysenko @ThomasK110
Khristorozhdestvenskaya Jastrzębski @Steffan
C17:i4.XRAY-94 @Landon
C17:RL.JUDGE-56 @Goose
C17:i3.VICTOR-27 @GopnikPizzafox
C17:i5HELIX-52 @Marfarious
Kol'lloth - The Hunter ( Sage ) @Imperator RAD-X
Jal'Galahing [ TRIAL ] @Jacob
Hrii'Amthuur - The Healer @M3ntal
Go'll Val'galak
@Ekrell
Yal'oa [ Bullsquid ] @Donavin Jones

25 Players Max

APPLICATION FORMAT

The * symbol represents a required filling below.
Please DO NOT put your answers in bold to make the entry easier to read.

CP WHITELIST FOR CIVIL PROTECTION REQUIRED

Application Format for Citizen

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
*Brief summary of the character:
*Why do you want to play this character?:

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
By putting my account name below, I hereby agree to the following stipulations:
Should my character be removed at any point, and the GM state so it can't be appealed?
The event cannot be used as an excuse to exercise personal vendettas OOCly against others.
Breaking the rules or disrupting the event will result in being ejected from the series.
All rules regarding fear RP should be respected.
You will be at the heart of events that will have an impact on the lore - a serious attitude must be adopted at all times. This is not tongue-in-cheek like some of the Fates events. This is a deliberately serious series in terms of tone and content.
The GM reserves the right to eject you if he feels the rules have been breached.
The GM reserves the right to control the event.

I hereby agree to the following terms,
-[FORUM NAME]-
Application Format for Civil Protection

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Character Rank :

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
Should my character be removed at any point, and the GM state so it can't be appealed?
The event cannot be used as an excuse to exercise personal vendettas OOCly against others.
Breaking the rules or disrupting the event will result in being ejected from the series.
You will be at the heart of events that will have an impact on the lore - a serious attitude must be adopted at all times. This is not tongue-in-cheek like some of the Fates events. This is a deliberately serious series in terms of tone and content.
The GM reserves the right to eject you if he feels the rules have been breached.

-[FORUM NAME]-
Application format for Vortigaunts

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-

Last edited:

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: toby
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:597855612
  • *Discord Name & ID: Pootis#6107
  • *Timezone: WIB
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: VICTOR 9-2
Character Rank : I4
*Brief summary of the character: A 5"8 Tall Man Who Wears A CP Suit, He Has A Pistol And A Stunbaton On His Belt.
Points: Filter 2 Points, Stunstick 3 Points, USP-45 5 Points, CP Suit With Black Armband 0 Points.
I Have A Love For Entropy Zero And I Want To Participate My First Short Story.
-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
toby

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Imperator RAD-X
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13089494
  • *Discord Name & ID: LORD-RAD-X™#1111
  • *Timezone: BST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Kol'lloth - The Hunter
*Brief summary of the character: The Sage, many generations older than the collective family history of a hundred human families, ranges to about one thousand five hundred years of age, in rough approximation. From its residing within the Borderworlds of Xen and once in service of The Grand Captor (the Nihilanth) - the Vortigaunt has ventured through the harshest of caves and caverns, the lakes of infinite oceans and travelled through the abyss to hunt for his kin. To propagate their kin to reform their lost population and taking near great care for its younglings, The Sage is a clear territorial aggressor in the followings and teachings of The Dragon, once conspiring in terror-driven vendettas against humanity, before travelling West... before abandoning The Dragon's cause in favour of following the open voices and tranquil teachings of The Unified. Placing itself apart of a smaller group of a Vortigaunt Conclave of Eastern Europe - it wounded itself within the nightmare of City Ten. Kol'lloth is one of independent thinking, to wander and to track - to observe and understand... and if need be, to destroy, to exterminate. This vibrant hunter has likely became the hunted, as the fall of City Ten and its restrictive movements of the Exclusion Zone have utterly resulted in its scarce ability to escape. Though escape has ensured an establishment of top priority for its brethren kin.

*Why do you want to play this character?: I've just recently received a Vortigaunt whitelist, and would love to try it out in Short Stories. I'm kind of wanting to take a break from GMing for a change. Time to blow off some steam.

POINTS SPENDING: Because I'm not going to be stupid by limiting my Vortigaunt -

[5] SUSTENANCE BELT
[5] REMAINING POINTS TO IMPROVE MY VORTESSENCE

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[RADDY]-

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Spitfire1
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:87183180
  • *Discord Name & ID: Spitfire1#6971
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : Yes.
  • Is this character from the Main Server : No.
--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: Artyom Petrenko

Artyom Petrenko is a former soldier of the Russian army who eventually ended up in the quarantine zone. He is a skilled marksman and tactician, with a strong sense of loyalty and duty to his comrades. Despite his military training, he is also known for his compassionate nature and willingness to help those in need. Artyom has a troubled past, having witnessed the horrors of war and suffering from PTSD as a result. However, he channels his trauma into his desire to fight for a better future and a world free from oppression.
Gasmask with 2 filters (2 points) | A small firearm (6 points) | A water bottle, and cooked headcrab meat (1 point) | Brown beanie, Khaki jacket, and blue citizen trousers (0 points)

Because the story has piqued my interest and I'd love to participate in it by playing as one of the few survivors still left in the area.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
Spitfire1

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Finny
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70511341
  • *Discord Name & ID: Finn#8424
  • *Timezone: Eastern European Summer Time (EEST)
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server: Yes
  • Is this character from the Main Server: No
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Ilya Liakhovich
*Brief summary of the character: Ilya Liakhovich. The son of a blacksmith. The eldest of his three siblings. Ilya was born in the town of Brahin, his family living on the land for the past 300 years.
With his mother dying while giving birth, his father had a hard time providing for his children, so Ilya had to work from an early age, assisting his father with his work. This has made him some sort of an expert with being a blacksmith.
Once the Seven Hour War rolled around, his father was called to serve and quickly met his fate being killed by Combine forces somewhere outside of Mazyr.
Shortly after the war, Ilya's siblings left their home, asking for him to come with them, but Ilya refused. Not willing to simply give up the land on which he was born in, he decided to stay. The fate of his siblings to him are unknown, though he still wishes to one day reunite with them.
Ilya has always came across as a quiet individual. Providing, that's all he knew for the entirety of his life before the war came and it still holds true to this day. He sees it as his duty to provide for the communities that still exist within Brahin and is always eager to help with anything.
He sees the Combine as a scourge, come to sow terror across this planet. They are responsible for killing his father and Ilya will never be able to let this fact go. He is always ready to work against them, for even a meaningless act such as showing a middle finger against their forces he sees as doing justice to his father.
Does his life have any true meaning? That's a question Ilya ponders every now and then. Too stubborn to give up though, he will continue to help other individuals and is ready to face whatever comes across.

Grey beanie, some type of a black jacket & black padded pants (0 points)
A water bottle and some cooked antlion meat (1 point)
Gasmask with 2 Filters (2 points)
Small Melee Weapon (3 points)
Toolkit & Repair Plating (3 points)

*Why do you want to play this character?: This story interests me. I see a fantastic roleplaying opportunity and would like for this to be my first short story event that I'm taking part in.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-Finny-

Last edited:
REMINDER, DO NOT FORGET TO SPEND YOUR POINTS. APPLICATIONS THAT ARE ACCEPTED WITHOUT SPENDING ANY POINTS, RECEIVE NOTHING AT THE START.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
    Fallizs
  • *Steam ID:
    no idea
  • *Discord Name & ID:
    momentodefallizs#3616
  • *Timezone:
    BST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Makren Devricheyen

View attachment 21694
Former Ukranian Militia leader caught by their Rival Ideological Bandit group at Poltava and sentenced to a execution for apparent War Crimes in Ukraine, yet managing to escape the captivity placed onto them with the remaining followers of his group coming along, sticking their chances with him than them. They escaped to what they think was Zhytomyr to them, instead ending up in the nearby town of Brahin, Belarus.

Despite the setback handed to them, they've settled deep into the experiment due to a lack of resources and men. The ideology imposed by him in place keeps them alive with them already been witnessing and fighting inside of War. Having fled here when the Virus had just started to struck, they've holed up in housing already barricaded up in readiness for the Combine; albiet now for a different purpose. As for the situations belonging to the outside, Hunting parties and Scouting missions are done by them to see the ways in and out of this place.

Though the hard times are amongst here, a reasonable amount of Four Skilled Militiamen currently remain with his current party thus far. It's become apparent that making a run South-East towards Kharkiv is their way out for their Survival in the hellish place.

Whenever the process of escape be through fighting the grasps of the Combine, making a run to Kyiv or Kharkiv or radioing their Men from neighbouring camps for assistance on getting out, they will stop at nothing to get back where they belong and bring along anyone they find upon the route back alive with them to another place better than Brahin; better lives even... Probably.

Загиблі України / The Stragglers of Ukraine:
(1/4)
S.O.U Leader - Makren Devricheyen ( @Fallizs )
Your choice -
Your choice -
Your choice -​

Items of my picking:
[6] - Cleaver
[4] - Medical Items
[3] - Gas mask and Two Filters
[2] - Water and Headcrabian Meat
[1] - Green Clothing (no idea what clothing there is at all, as long as it is green)

cengiz event so this boutta be the best of the best

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Fallizs

DENIED

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Dazor
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59915064
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dazor#3902
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ]
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ NO ]
--- Section Two ---

sanabis-police-006.jpg

*Character Name: Oscar Lovatt
*Brief summary of the character: A tourist who made a name for himself after settling down in Brahi and enrolling in the police department after receiving citizenship. After the war ended and QZ was erected, he used his natural ability to resonate with people to establish the only settlement within the QZ. Underground he and others built a semblance of life in an old Soviet bunker that sat nestled under an apartment building. The group survived by using the dead of night to scavenge everything left in the old buildings of the QZ until there was barely anything left, and as time went on these supplies dwindled; as did their numbers. Now hunting and maintaining a handful of crops grown from the supplies from the apartment is the only thing keeping them alive but as things turn tense it might be time for Oscar to fend for himself.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I like survival RP type events. The setting for me is exciting and gives many possibilities to roleplay.

Equipment:
Custom Cloths | 0 Points
(Police uniform, if possible)
A Small Firearm | 6 Points
Gasmask with 2 Filters | 2 Points
Custom Consumer Goods | 1 Point
(Vegetables from garden)

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

I hereby agree to the following terms,​
DAZOR

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: fallizs
  • *Steam ID: no idea
  • *Discord Name & ID: momentodefallizs#3616
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger

The Great Four.png

A Pack of Bandits of Chernihiv, Ukraine relocating towards Salihorsk, Belarus. The leader Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger being a deserter of a certain Serbian Miltia. With their skill and knowledge, they looted old buildings and people for their belongings, selling their valuables at nearby settlements for a quick cash grab.

Of course, they had went into the wrong town through the Sewers underneath at the wrong time due to rumors of another settlement there; They heard wrong. Some say that the wrong man in the wrong place can make all the difference, but soon enough some of them started to succumb to the Virus that was spreading on the streets.

With them deep into the Barhin town itself, they barricaded themselves into housing for the group; sending out only Hunting parties and Scouts for their territory surroundings. Even though the times were dire around them, a small amount of crops started to grow in the desolate area. Yet time progresses, with supplies dwindling and nothing to be found, it's become apparent that they need to get out of the area and thats for them to figure out.

Whenever the process of their escape be through the fighting of the Combine, making a run back to Chernihiv through the sewers or radioing their remaining Men from neighbouring camps for assistance on getting out, they will stop at nothing to get back where they belong and drag anyone with them out of there too if it means surviva-bility.

Цінна меліоративна група / The Valuable Reclamation Gang:
(4/4)

V.R.G Leader - Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger ( @Fallizs )
V.R.G Gang Member - Oleksandr Denysenko "The Loyal" (@ThomasK110)
V.R.G Gang Member - Alexander Vitolov "The Lucky" (@HalfLife2CitizenMale09)
V.R.G Gang Member - Oscar Lovatt "The Savage" (@Dazor)​

My items of selection:
[6] - Cleaver
[4] - Medical Items
[1] - Kombu/Green Zipper, Green Padded Trousers, Brown Leather Boots, Backpack and a Boonie Hat

cengiz denied my other app, so i must make another...
cengiz events god tier fr

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Fallizs

Last edited:

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mr. Calcium
  • *Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:85981754
  • *Discord Name & ID: Justanotherguardthatexists #9241
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C17:I4.PATROL-38
Character Rank : CIVIL PROTECTION
*Brief summary of the character: A desperate, scared, abandoned member of the Civil Protection; left to die, only linked to his fellow units out of a sense of familiarity, PATROL-39 had just received his promotion to intention 4 when everything started to collapse around him, barely considered qualified for the most basic of tasks, with limited ability to operate in stressful conditions, something that has come to bite him in the current disaster he’s found himself inside.

Going with the only people around at the time, his fellow units, 39 has retreated to a dilapidated building, subsiding off the variety of alien life forms that have made the area home. Every day his ability to weather the situation slowly degrades, and it’s as if it’s only a matter of time before he cracks under the pressure, and if or when he does…

*Why do you want to play this character?: I think a scared, afraid CP is a nice spin on how most people portray them, add in that this is an incredibly desperate situation, and I think this will lead to some interesting RP scenarios over the course of the event.

ITEMS:
Stunstick (3 points)
USP-45 (5 points)

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
HalfLife2CitizenMale09

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: landon
  • *Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Iandon/
  • *Discord Name & ID: Landon#2591
  • *Timezone: CST
    Point Distribution:
  • A Small Firearm (P14) | 5 Points
    • Toolkit & Repair Plating | 3 Points
      3 Filters | 2 Points
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
C17:i4.XRAY-94
Character Rank: Civil Protection Unit
*Brief summary of the character: XRAY-94 had quickly sifted into the ranks of Civil Protection once he enlisted, deep within the central districts of City 17. He excelled in training and ended up pursuing a specialized maintenance division later on down the line. Once he finally got out and in the field, he found the job to be much more than he could ever dream of. The crime was low within the district, and he got plenty of meals and housing he could want; to top it all off, the peers he worked with were easy to get along with. So easy, the specific unit he had been assigned to quickly latched onto him like a band of brothers-- besting through thick and thin.

All of them had similar interests, aspirations, and goals; and soon enough XRAY-94 had been subconsciously likening them to his own family. No, even BETTER than his family; which had always shunned him from their lives. Now, he felt finally included. He was steady and liberal with his promotions and was on track to be able to do great things when the CFLU breakouts happened nearby. XRAY-94 had only heard the occasional passing rumors through the first couple of weeks, but when things began to get bad a more heightened caution began to settle in.

XRAY-94's unit was called in by their Rank Leader, and informed of their assistance being required down in the deep of the Quarantine Zone. Despite some conflicts with the unit, they had no other choice but to comply; being loaded up in an APC and set out on specific orders. Once they got there, they cleaned out a couple of apartment blocks and repaired some vital Combine technology bits; such as broken turrets and cameras. However, during the process of clearing out an apartment block of infected refugees, they were attacked viciously by a pack of marauding bandits. XRAY-94 was wounded and split up from his others, watching one or two of the people he treated like family be blown to bits by shotgun blasts and submachine fire.

He did what he thought was reasonable at the moment, cowering and hiding in fear as he heard the whimpers of his cohorts; being executed in the room next to him. Once the bandits stripped down whatever they could carry from their bounty of bodies, and left, XRAY-94 crawled out-- the guilt overwhelming as he stared at the pools of blood and mangled bodies. The fight for survival was on, and he managed to salvage whatever he could from his friends. He had dragged them out and had buried the bodies of his fellow units in the frigid snow outside of the apartment block. He still couldn't shake the idea that this was his fault and that he should have done something; ANYTHING.

The broken officer had gone to retrieve the APC but found it had been entirely gone, likely taken by one of the surviving units XRAY-94 worked with. However, that brought him a flicker of hope; something to stop him from ending it all in the middle of the winter wasteland. He needed to find them, reconnect and return back to civilization. With determination and fire in his eyes, XRAY-94 packed his things and set foot into the unknown.

It's the least he can do, to make it right.

*Why do you want to play this character?: The premise is interesting and it's been so long since I've been afforded the opportunity to roleplay as a Civil Protection character.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
-Landon-

1682033528892.png

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Vadim
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID: vadim#6070
  • *Timezone: CST/GMT-6
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : Yes
  • Is this character from the Main Server : No
--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: H'vass-T'ull
A vortigaunt from the Ralshek'Va plains, bright green skin, red eyes. He possesses Antlion armor, a tribute to his skills in hunting prey, as well as a belt of Antlion meat. Raised almost exclusively into being a hunter, he often times lets older and wiser of his tribe do anything other than hunting, citing a lack of confidence in much else as a contributing factor. Due to his time on Earth primarily being spent with his tribe, H'vass-T'ull is a more reclusive of the vortigaunts when it comes to interacting with humans.

Want to try and play a freed vortigaunt and get back into short stories, nothing much else to say other than I think this would be fun.

Points Spending:
Sustenance Meat belt - 5 points
Antlion armor - 5 points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Vadim

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Meme_Lord_Satan​
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dog#2267​
  • *Timezone: EST​
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]​
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]​
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: 'King'

'King' was a summoned vortigaunt in the sewers in late 2005, until they were caught by Civil Protection and nullified, barely knowing anything in the vortigaunt world.. But, they had grown very ambitious. Their real title was 'Bez-ika Qoorl', but they had given themselves the title of 'King' as they saw Humanity, and sought to rule them and be a King from the many history books it had read over its time. Funnily enough, it found the bible, and seeing this existence is not from theirs, and that many believed in it... They believed in it, calling themselves 'The Mighty Pope'. In their time in City-17, they grew a following of many that followed the church and immediately flocked to it, calling them 'Divine of power!', they also spoke powerfully in english and german, some even saying they were born to rule just by their ambition, and courage.

They had made a very bold statement to many at a makeshift church preaching its rule as 'The True King'
"I, King! Am crowned by god, by no church or pope!
My power is divine!", and it caused some to question them, but many to hail them. And thus, only a mere year later, they were liberated by many as 300 followers as they fled to the exclusion zone.. Many died protecting it, but soon enough it fled to safety.
With no connection or good knowledge on its vortal energies, it used mainly melee weapons like spears and swords to protect itself, but mainly, it sent in Humans to fight for it claiming the Exclusion zone as 'The Kingdom of All', they discovered a vortal tribe in the region.. But oddly, they did not join as they wished to rule themselves. Thus being marked a savage by the vort tribe, and to be captured and attempt to reconnect them to their true self.

*Why do you want to play this character?: I think it'd be really cool to be a Christain vort, considering buddist vort existed. And being nullified makes it possible to an extent. If Cengiz allows this, I'm fine with 5 or 10 players applying for followers of my little clan, and 1 vort if they are bold enough.

Point Spending - Antlion Guard plating 5 points - Repair plating - 3 points - Some food 2 points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
-[FORUM NAME]-
Donavin Jones

Last edited:

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Jacob
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143759420
  • *Discord Name & ID: Gravel Eater#0007
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Jal'Galahing - Monk
*Brief summary of the character: A dark-skinned Vortigaunt with a unique purple eye looking at anyone passing by. Trapped on earth with the rest of his kin during the initial waves of the portal storms, one of the few Vortigaunts to live on the outskirts of the planet without being detected by the combine, Jal lives with his kin no different than what they would on the border planet of Xen. Jal is heavily connected with the vortessence as he attempts to live out with his kin.

*Why do you want to play this character?: Want to see how the event will play out from a Vortigaunt perspective

Remaining points to improve my vortessence | 5 Points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Jacob​

--- Section One ---
  • *Timezone: WIB
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: VICTOR 9-2
Character Rank : I4
*Brief summary of the character: A 5"8 Tall Man Who Wears A CP Suit, He Has A Pistol And A Stunbaton On His Belt.
Points: Filter 2 Points, Stunstick 3 Points, USP-45 5 Points, CP Suit With Black Armband 0 Points.
I Have A Love For Entropy Zero And I Want To Participate My First Short Story.
-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
toby

DENIED | No Brief summary of your Character. How did your Unit get into this mess?

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Imperator RAD-X
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13089494
  • *Discord Name & ID: LORD-RAD-X™#1111
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Kol'lloth - The Hunter
*Brief summary of the character: The Sage, many generations older than the collective family history of a hundred human families, ranges to about one thousand five hundred years of age, in rough approximation. From its residing within the Borderworlds of Xen and once in service of The Grand Captor (the Nihilanth) - the Vortigaunt has ventured through the harshest of caves and caverns, the lakes of infinite oceans and travelled through the abyss to hunt for his kin. To propagate their kin to reform their lost population and taking near great care for its younglings, The Sage is a clear territorial aggressor in the followings and teachings of The Dragon, once conspiring in terror-driven vendettas against humanity, before travelling West... before abandoning The Dragon's cause in favour of following the open voices and tranquil teachings of The Unified. Placing itself apart of a smaller group of a Vortigaunt Conclave of Eastern Europe - it wounded itself within the nightmare of City Ten. Kol'lloth is one of independent thinking, to wander and to track - to observe and understand... and if need be, to destroy, to exterminate. This vibrant hunter has likely became the hunted, as the fall of City Ten and its restrictive movements of the Exclusion Zone have utterly resulted in its scarce ability to escape. Though escape has ensured an establishment of top priority for its brethren kin.

*Why do you want to play this character?: I've just recently received a Vortigaunt whitelist, and would love to try it out in Short Stories. I'm kind of wanting to take a break from GMing for a change. Time to blow off some steam.

POINTS SPENDING: Because I'm not going to be stupid by limiting my Vortigaunt -

[5] SUSTENANCE BELT
[5] REMAINING POINTS TO IMPROVE MY VORTESSENCE

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[RADDY]-

ACCEPTED | Kol'lloth - The Hunter | 5 Sustenance Belt | 5 Improve Vortessence @Imperator RAD-X

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Spitfire1
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:87183180
  • *Discord Name & ID: Spitfire1#6971
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : Yes.
  • Is this character from the Main Server : No.
--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: Artyom Petrenko
Artyom Petrenko is a former soldier of the Russian army who eventually ended up in the quarantine zone. He is a skilled marksman and tactician, with a strong sense of loyalty and duty to his comrades. Despite his military training, he is also known for his compassionate nature and willingness to help those in need. Artyom has a troubled past, having witnessed the horrors of war and suffering from PTSD as a result. However, he channels his trauma into his desire to fight for a better future and a world free from oppression.
Gasmask with 2 filters (2 points) | A small firearm (6 points) | A water bottle, and cooked headcrab meat (1 point) | Brown beanie, Khaki jacket, and blue citizen trousers (0 points)
Because the story has piqued my interest and I'd love to participate in it by playing as one of the few survivors still left in the area.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
-[FORUM NAME]-
Spitfire1

ACCEPTED | Artyom Petrenko | 2 Gasmask with 2 Filters | 1 Consumer Goods | 1 Custom Cloths

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Finny
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70511341
  • *Discord Name & ID: Finn#8424
  • *Timezone: Eastern European Summer Time (EEST)
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server: Yes
  • Is this character from the Main Server: No
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Ilya Liakhovich
*Brief summary of the character: Ilya Liakhovich. The son of a blacksmith. The eldest of his three siblings. Ilya was born in the town of Brahin, his family living on the land for the past 300 years.
With his mother dying while giving birth, his father had a hard time providing for his children, so Ilya had to work from an early age, assisting his father with his work. This has made him some sort of an expert with being a blacksmith.
Once the Seven Hour War rolled around, his father was called to serve and quickly met his fate being killed by Combine forces somewhere outside of Mazyr.
Shortly after the war, Ilya's siblings left their home, asking for him to come with them, but Ilya refused. Not willing to simply give up the land on which he was born in, he decided to stay. The fate of his siblings to him are unknown, though he still wishes to one day reunite with them.
Ilya has always came across as a quiet individual. Providing, that's all he knew for the entirety of his life before the war came and it still holds true to this day. He sees it as his duty to provide for the communities that still exist within Brahin and is always eager to help with anything.
He sees the Combine as a scourge, come to sow terror across this planet. They are responsible for killing his father and Ilya will never be able to let this fact go. He is always ready to work against them, for even a meaningless act such as showing a middle finger against their forces he sees as doing justice to his father.
Does his life have any true meaning? That's a question Ilya ponders every now and then. Too stubborn to give up though, he will continue to help other individuals and is ready to face whatever comes across.

Grey beanie, some type of a black jacket & black padded pants (0 points)
A water bottle and some cooked antlion meat (1 point)
Gasmask with 2 Filters (2 points)
Small Melee Weapon (3 points)
Toolkit & Repair Plating (3 points)

*Why do you want to play this character?: This story interests me. I see a fantastic roleplaying opportunity and would like for this to be my first short story event that I'm taking part in.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-Finny-
ACCEPTED | Ilya Liakhovich | 0 Custom Cloths | 1 Cunsomer Goods | 2 Gasmask with 2 Filters | 3 Small Melee Weapon | 3 Toolkit & Repair Plating
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ISpilledMyRamen
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:426186854
  • *Discord Name & ID: ramen#2015
  • *Timezone: Central Standard (CST/UTC-6)
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Adrian Stone

*Brief summary of the character: An elderly man, wandering the world. A nobody, a man that lurks in the shadows. Holds himself in a high fashion, but appears to be losing his mind to dementia. He's often a blank slate, seemingly having a new personality every time you meet him.

Point distribution:
5 Points - Armor
3 Points - Toolkit and Repair Plating.
2 Points - Gasmask + Filters.
0 Points - Custom Clothing (Fedora, Glasses, Black Leather Jacket, Teal Trousers, Fingerless Gloves, Dress Shoes.)

Adrian is a character I've played on many semi-serious servers, but I've never tried fully on serious. I think he would be fun to try out, especially given the short story. If he succumbs to CFLU that would seem, to me, a fitting end to my dementia-riddled, old man. If, however, he survives, I would be quite glad to see where his story could go. Perhaps he could reappear in other SSs, or more over, maybe the main servers, if transfers are allowed.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

ramen.

DENIED | No Brief summary of your Character. How did your Character get into this mess?

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Dazor
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59915064
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dazor#3902
--- Section Two ---

sanabis-police-006.jpg

*Character Name: Oscar Lovatt
*Brief summary of the character: A tourist who made a name for himself after settling down in Brahi and enrolling in the police department after receiving citizenship. After the war ended and QZ was erected, he used his natural ability to resonate with people to establish the only settlement within the QZ. Underground he and others built a semblance of life in an old Soviet bunker that sat nestled under an apartment building. The group survived by using the dead of night to scavenge everything left in the old buildings of the QZ until there was barely anything left, and as time went on these supplies dwindled; as did their numbers. Now hunting and maintaining a handful of crops grown from the supplies from the apartment is the only thing keeping them alive but as things turn tense it might be time for Oscar to fend for himself.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I like survival RP type events. The setting for me is exciting and gives many possibilities to roleplay.

Equipment:
Custom Cloths | 0 Points
(Police uniform, if possible)
A Small Firearm | 6 Points
Gasmask with 2 Filters | 2 Points
Custom Consumer Goods | 1 Point
(Vegetables from garden)

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

I hereby agree to the following terms,​
DAZOR

ACCEPTED | Oscar Lavatt | 0 Custom Cloths | 6 Small Firearm | 2 Gasmask with 2 Filters | 1 Custom consumer Goods
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: fallizs
  • *Steam ID: no idea
  • *Discord Name & ID: momentodefallizs#3616
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger

Cutthroats And Bandits': Volunteer's Stint With Ukraine Rebels Turns To  Nightmare': Volunteer's Stint With Ukraine Rebels Turns To  Nightmare

A Pack of Bandits of Chernihiv, Ukraine relocating towards Salihorsk, Belarus. The leader Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger being a deserter of a certain Serbian Miltia. With their skill and knowledge, they looted old buildings and people for their belongings, selling their valuables at nearby settlements for a quick cash grab.

Of course, they had went into the wrong town through the Sewers underneath at the wrong time due to rumors of another settlement there; They heard wrong. Some say that the wrong man in the wrong place can make all the difference, but soon enough some of them started to succumb to the Virus that was spreading on the streets.

With them deep into the Barhin town itself, they barricaded themselves into housing for the group; sending out only Hunting parties and Scouts for their territory surroundings. Even though the times were dire around them, a small amount of crops started to grow in the desolate area. Yet time progresses, with supplies dwindling and nothing to be found, it's become apparent that they need to get out of the area and thats for them to figure out.

Whenever the process of their escape be through the fighting of the Combine, making a run back to Chernihiv through the sewers or radioing their remaining Men from neighbouring camps for assistance on getting out, they will stop at nothing to get back where they belong and drag anyone with them out of there too if it means surviva-bility.

Цінна меліоративна група / The Valuable Reclamation Gang:
(1/4)

V.R.G Leader - Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger ( @Fallizs )
Your choice -
Your choice -
Your choice -​

My items of selection:
[6] - Cleaver
[4] - Medical Items
[1] - Green Clothing (no idea what clothing there is at all,

cengiz denied my other app, so i must make another...
cengiz events god tier fr

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Fallizs

ACCEPTED | 3 Small Melee Weapon | 3 Medical Items | 2 Gasmask with 2 Filters | 1 Consumer Goods | 0 Custom Cloths

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:85981754
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C17:I4.PATROL-38
Character Rank : CIVIL PROTECTION
*Brief summary of the character: A desperate, scared, abandoned member of the Civil Protection; left to die, only linked to his fellow units out of a sense of familiarity, PATROL-39 had just received his promotion to intention 4 when everything started to collapse around him, barely considered qualified for the most basic of tasks, with limited ability to operate in stressful conditions, something that has come to bite him in the current disaster he’s found himself inside.

Going with the only people around at the time, his fellow units, 39 has retreated to a dilapidated building, subsiding off the variety of alien life forms that have made the area home. Every day his ability to weather the situation slowly degrades, and it’s as if it’s only a matter of time before he cracks under the pressure, and if or when he does…

*Why do you want to play this character?: I think a scared, afraid CP is a nice spin on how most people portray them, add in that this is an incredibly desperate situation, and I think this will lead to some interesting RP scenarios over the course of the event.

ITEMS:
Stunstick (3 points)
USP-45 (5 points)

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
HalfLife2CitizenMale09

DENIED | I expect a High-Quality Application for Civil Protection & Vortigaunt
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: landon
  • *Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Iandon/
  • *Discord Name & ID: Landon#2591
  • *Timezone: CST
    Point Distribution:
  • A Small Firearm (P14) | 5 Points
    • Toolkit & Repair Plating | 3 Points
      3 Filters | 2 Points
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
C17:i4.XRAY-94
Character Rank: Civil Protection Unit
*Brief summary of the character: XRAY-94 had quickly sifted into the ranks of Civil Protection once he enlisted, deep within the central districts of City 17. He excelled in training and ended up pursuing a specialized maintenance division later on down the line. Once he finally got out and in the field, he found the job to be much more than he could ever dream of. The crime was low within the district, and he got plenty of meals and housing he could want; to top it all off, the peers he worked with were easy to get along with. So easy, the specific unit he had been assigned to quickly latched onto him like a band of brothers-- besting through thick and thin.

All of them had similar interests, aspirations, and goals; and soon enough XRAY-94 had been subconsciously likening them to his own family. No, even BETTER than his family; which had always shunned him from their lives. Now, he felt finally included. He was steady and liberal with his promotions and was on track to be able to do great things when the CFLU breakouts happened nearby. XRAY-94 had only heard the occasional passing rumors through the first couple of weeks, but when things began to get bad a more heightened caution began to settle in.

XRAY-94's unit was called in by their Rank Leader, and informed of their assistance being required down in the deep of the Quarantine Zone. Despite some conflicts with the unit, they had no other choice but to comply; being loaded up in an APC and set out on specific orders. Once they got there, they cleaned out a couple of apartment blocks and repaired some vital Combine technology bits; such as broken turrets and cameras. However, during the process of clearing out an apartment block of infected refugees, they were attacked viciously by a pack of marauding bandits. XRAY-94 was wounded and split up from his others, watching one or two of the people he treated like family be blown to bits by shotgun blasts and submachine fire.

He did what he thought was reasonable at the moment, cowering and hiding in fear as he heard the whimpers of his cohorts; being executed in the room next to him. Once the bandits stripped down whatever they could carry from their bounty of bodies, and left, XRAY-94 crawled out-- the guilt overwhelming as he stared at the pools of blood and mangled bodies. The fight for survival was on, and he managed to salvage whatever he could from his friends. He had dragged them out and had buried the bodies of his fellow units in the frigid snow outside of the apartment block. He still couldn't shake the idea that this was his fault and that he should have done something; ANYTHING.

The broken officer had gone to retrieve the APC but found it had been entirely gone, likely taken by one of the surviving units XRAY-94 worked with. However, that brought him a flicker of hope; something to stop him from ending it all in the middle of the winter wasteland. He needed to find them, reconnect and return back to civilization. With determination and fire in his eyes, XRAY-94 packed his things and set foot into the unknown.

It's the least he can do, to make it right.

*Why do you want to play this character?: The premise is interesting and it's been so long since I've been afforded the opportunity to roleplay as a Civil Protection character.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
-Landon-

ACCEPTED | C17:i4.XRAY-94 | 5 A Small Firearm | 3 Toolkit & Repair Plating | 2 3xFilters

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Vadim
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID: vadim#6070
  • *Timezone: CST/GMT-6
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : Yes
  • Is this character from the Main Server : No
--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: H'vass-T'ull
A vortigaunt from the Ralshek'Va plains, bright green skin, red eyes. He possesses Antlion armor, a tribute to his skills in hunting prey, as well as a belt of Antlion meat. Raised almost exclusively into being a hunter, he often times lets older and wiser of his tribe do anything other than hunting, citing a lack of confidence in much else as a contributing factor. Due to his time on Earth primarily being spent with his tribe, H'vass-T'ull is a more reclusive of the vortigaunts when it comes to interacting with humans.

Want to try and play a freed vortigaunt and get back into short stories, nothing much else to say other than I think this would be fun.

Points Spending:
Sustenance Meat belt - 5 points
Antlion armor - 5 points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Vadim

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Meme_Lord_Satan​
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dog#2267​
  • *Timezone: EST​
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]​
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]​
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: 'King'

'King' was a summoned vortigaunt in the sewers in late 2005, until they were caught by Civil Protection and nullified, barely knowing anything in the vortigaunt world.. But, they had grown very ambitious. Their real title was 'Bez-ika Qoorl', but they had given themselves the title of 'King' as they saw Humanity, and sought to rule them and be a King from the many history books it had read over its time. Funnily enough, it found the bible, and seeing this existence is not from theirs, and that many believed in it... They believed in it, calling themselves 'The Mighty Pope'. In their time in City-17, they grew a following of many that followed the church and immediately flocked to it, calling them 'Divine of power!', they also spoke powerfully in english and german, some even saying they were born to rule just by their ambition, and courage.

They had made a very bold statement to many at a makeshift church preaching its rule as 'The True King'
"I, King! Am crowned by god, by no church or pope!
My power is divine!", and it caused some to question them, but many to hail them. And thus, only a mere year later, they were liberated by many as 300 followers as they fled to the exclusion zone.. Many died protecting it, but soon enough it fled to safety.
With no connection or good knowledge on its vortal energies, it used mainly melee weapons like spears and swords to protect itself, but mainly, it sent in Humans to fight for it claiming the Exclusion zone as 'The Kingdom of All', they discovered a vortal tribe in the region.. But oddly, they did not join as they wished to rule themselves. Thus being marked a savage by the vort tribe, and to be captured and attempt to reconnect them to their true self.

*Why do you want to play this character?: I think it'd be really cool to be a Christain vort, considering buddist vort existed. And being nullified makes it possible to an extent. If Cengiz allows this, I'm fine with 5 or 10 players applying for followers of my little clan, and 1 vort if they are bold enough.

Point Spending - Antlion Guard plating 5 points - Repair plating - 3 points - Some food 2 points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
-[FORUM NAME]-
Donavin Jones

DENIED | There is 0 Knowledge inside your Application, on how you ended up inside Exclusion Zone

--- Section One ---
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Jal'Galahing - Monk
*Brief summary of the character: A dark-skinned Vortigaunt with a unique purple eye looking at anyone passing by. Trapped on earth with the rest of his kin during the initial waves of the portal storms, one of the few Vortigaunts to live on the outskirts of the planet without being detected by the combine, Jal lives with his kin no different than what they would on the border planet of Xen. Jal is heavily connected with the vortessence as he attempts to live out with his kin.

*Why do you want to play this character?: Want to see how the event will play out from a Vortigaunt perspective

Remaining points to improve my vortessence | 5 Points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Jacob​

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ISpilledMyRamen
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:426186854
  • *Discord Name & ID: ramen#2015
  • *Timezone: Central Standard (CST/UTC-6)
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Adrian Stone

*Brief summary of the character: An elderly man, a local to the area before it became an exclusion zone, now wanting to get out. A nobody, a man that lurks in the shadows. Holds himself in high regard, but appears to be losing his mind to dementia. He's often a blank slate, seemingly having a new personality every time you meet him. Why he decided to keep living here after the virus, he'll never remember, now it's up to luck for him to keep surviving.. Even if it means leaving the only home he's ever known.

Point distribution:
5 Points - Armor
3 Points - Toolkit and Repair Plating.
2 Points - Gasmask + Filters.
0 Points - Custom Clothing (Fedora, Glasses, Black Leather Jacket, Teal Trousers, Fingerless Gloves, Dress Shoes.)

Adrian is a character I've played on many semi-serious servers, but I've never tried fully on serious. I think he would be fun to try out, especially given the short story. If he succumbs to CFLU that would seem, to me, a fitting end to my dementia-riddled, old man. If, however, he survives, I would be quite glad to see where his story could go. Perhaps he could reappear in other SSs, or more over, maybe the main servers, if transfers are allowed.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

ramen.. Again.

--- Section One ---
  • *Timezone:
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C17:I4:VICTOR 60
Character Rank :I4
*Brief summary of the character: Victor 60 Was Conducting His Usual Raid On Rebel Outposts Near The City 10 Border, Till When He Was On His Razor Train An Ambush Happened And The Train Came To A Halt, 60 Was Left Alone As All His Squadmates And Fellow Units Died From The Explosion. Now His Main Goal Is To Escape To City 17.

I Never Tried Short Stories And I Love Entropy Zero Related Stuff.
A Stunbaton:3
USP 45: 10
-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
toby

Last edited:

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85981754
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Alexander Vitolov
*Brief summary of the character: One of the many citizens abandoned inside the Quarantine Zone, Alexander Vitolov was best known in the area for being a prominent gambler, and was infamous for his many attempts to convince those in the community to partake in the activity with him. He'd amassed quite a sizable amount of cash as a result of his illicit dealings, though, as fate would have it, the man who's fortune relied on luck would run out of his own. The creation of the Exclusion Zone was a blur for Alexander, who had foolishly thought that it would simply pass over, and he would return to his regular, shady lifestyle once more, but alas, this was not the case, and he found himself stuck like so many unfortunate others.

Upon realizing he had truly been abandoned, left alone, he had a brief mental break, disposing of his hard earned cash through a less than subtle tossing through a window, flushing everything he had earned down a metaphorical drain. After he had rid himself of his small fortune, his lucidity returned, and realizing that he now truly had nothing, his survival instincts kicked in, and he went about gathering whatever supplies he could manage to find. Unfortunately, by the time he had done this, most of zone's supplies had already been looted by the more astute survivors, leaving him with a pitiful collection of goods, just barely enough to protect from the various lifeforms that had taken root in the zone after its establishment.

Now, he is in the same situation as many others, abandoned by all, left to die, but his attitude has slowly returned to its earlier nature, a man fascinating in gaming luck to his advantage. Now all he needs is the luck to escape alive, but if lady luck blesses him, is yet to be seen..

EQUIPMENT:
CROWBAR (6 Points)
Minor Medical supplies (3 Points)

*Why do you want to play this character?: Admittedly my last app was a bit rushed, and I realized a citizen may be a better, more interesting option, as I mostly play CivPro on main, so I'm hoping this one will be a bit more interesting than the, in retrospect, generic CivPro character app I had made

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[FORUM NAME]-
HalfLife2CitizenMale09

--- Section One ---
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Jal'Galahing (Sage) - Monk

*Brief summary of the character: Born in the border world of Xen, Jal’ is a uniquely colored black Vortigaunt with a dark purple eye sitting at about 900-1000 years old majority of his life has been living with kin occlusal hopping tribes and people. living a solitary life post-portal storms in and out of deep meditation. He had been separated from his kin for years during the initial push to Earth, wandering the outer wasteland of City 17 when the portals dropped him. in search of a purpose. Jal’ had once been a proud member of the kin, using his powerful electric shocks to defend his people against the Combine's forces.

1682092400935.png

1682094160392.png

But a disastrous battle against a group of soldiers had left him wounded and alone, his kin captured or killed. Now he lived in a makeshift shelter made of scavenged materials, using his knowledge of the land to survive. He hunted for food, scavenged for supplies, and avoided contact with the dangerous creatures that roamed the outlands. Despite his isolation, Jal never lost hope that one day he would be reunited with his tribe. He spent his days honing his skills, practicing his combat techniques, and perfecting his ability to manipulate electricity. One day, while foraging for food, he stumbled upon a kin living in the outlands alongside him. Jal’ was hesitant to join them, but as he watched the kin struggle against their oppressors, he knew he had to act. His kin was dead or captured and he needed somebody to take him in to live out his life with another kin

-POINTS-
Antlion Guard Plate | 5 Points
Remaining points to improve my vortessence | 5 Points​

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Jacob​

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: M3ntal​
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93450871​
  • *Discord Name & ID: lastneuron#4176​
  • *Timezone: EEST​
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Hrii'Amthuur - The Healer

1682096027091.png

An elder instance of the vortikind, hailing from the Ralsheck'Va Plains and nearing 2000 years in age, Hrii'Amthuur was described by his kin as a wise healer, and prominent sage. Such titles meant little to him, for his true goal was to utilize his healing prowess to usher in a prosperous age of vortikind. Like many are aware however, such an age would not come to pass with the collective enslavement of all vortikind, but compared to the length of his studies, servitude meant little, an interval that would serve no purpose but strengthen his resolve until their eventual emancipation, though the sage had never had the misfortune to be embroiled in servitude a second time, ending up within the wilderness of Earth's lushly barren wastelands. Thus the wandering began...however...

..the vortal threads had foretold of a great calamity and the thousand cries of many living things. His oath as a healer, to usher in a prosperous age of vortikind had evolved into a new goal, to venture forth to this source of calamity and bring salvation to those whom seek it. The choes of the vortessence steered him towards a particular destination, on the way to which he had encountered a myriad of creature. Both human, and vortal. All were granted penance, all were granted mercy if he deemed it fit. His vortal energies spared for all that were worthy of being bestowed.

Until at last his lengthy trek had guided him to the ruinous soils before him, what he knew not to be
Exclusion Zone, and yet he felt the diseased soil within his very bones. He knew that this was not a land where living were meant to tread, all the more reason for him to enact his sought goal, to prevent this foreseen calamity from occurring. He felt his kin walk within these grounds and wasted no time in convening. Though he trusts their motivations little, of kin they still are and with them he shall evict, or be evicted, living or dead.

*Why do you want to play this character?: Last time I played a vortal healer, it didn't turn out how I wanted it to, and as such I want to apply here as both an experience and to redeem myself.

-POINTS-

10 - Improve Vortessence as much as possible.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

M3ntal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back