Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

CFLU - Combine Exclusion Zone - 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Iqut
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:173208852
  • *Discord Name & ID: Iqut#9066
  • *Timezone: UTC+1
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ]
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Mohamed Tarif Slimane.
*Brief summary of the character:

Mohamed Tarif Slimane was born on March 3, 1970 in Bab El-Oued, a working class neighborhood in Algiers, Algeria. From a very young age, he worked with his father as a metal worker, collecting used metals in the streets of the city to sell them to recycling factories. He was then forced to do his military service in the 90's during the Algerian Black Decade. In 2004, when he was released from his service several years ago, Mohamed decided to launch his own recycling center so that they can take its independence of the counter-masters of the factories of recycling being made has each time only 20% of the batch that this one and are father bring back. while widening its field of activities by extending henceforth in the field of the plastic. the businesses turn well, until the day when Portals opened in the sky, letting in strange beings and unknown machines. The Combines, a ruthless alien race, had invaded Earth. Subjugated and oppressed, Mohamed has a deep hatred against the Combines after they relocate to a city that is not his own, separating him from his family. From now on, his objective, apart from surviving, is to try to find his family as best he can by preparing a trip to outland to try to return to his native country, a crazy objective but it is what still allows him to hold his head high and to live in this crazy world.

Why do you want to play this character : I want to play this character because this one is new and doesn't have a linked story yet and this event is the perfect opportunity to start a story for him.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
By putting my account name below, I hereby agree to the following stipulations:
Should my character be removed at any point, and the GM state so it can't be appealed?
The event cannot be used as an excuse to exercise personal vendettas OOCly against others.
Breaking the rules or disrupting the event will result in being ejected from the series.
All rules regarding fear RP should be respected.
You will be at the heart of events that will have an impact on the lore - a serious attitude must be adopted at all times. This is not tongue-in-cheek like some of the Fates events. This is a deliberately serious series in terms of tone and content.
The GM reserves the right to eject you if he feels the rules have been breached.
The GM reserves the right to control the event.

I hereby agree to the following terms,
-[Iqut]-

Attachments

• wez.PNG
    wez.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
Application Format for Civil Protection

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Gopnik Pizzafox
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54081766
  • *Discord Name & ID: AlextheFox212 🌹🌈#9626
  • *Timezone: CET
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] YES
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] NO
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C17:i3.VICTOR-27
Character Rank :
Civil Protection Standard Unit, intention 3

Twenty Seven was always a bit of an odd one. He'd previously spent much of his time in City 17 in the Industrial 17 district, known for it's rampant corruption, high anti-civil activity, massive pollution in the air and general misery among the local populace, even more so than in the rest of the city. During his time, he learned that he'd need to adapt and get close with all the local power brokers and providers, schmoozing with collaborators and black market contacts alike to get what he needs to ensure himself a decent standard of living.

His ultimate goal, though, was to finally get a ticket out of i17 and into the city proper, a goal that he would ultimately achieve after spending years in the district, with his experience and connections built among local collaborator groups finally allowing him a position within City 17's Civil Protection, and a free ticket out of the industrial district to boot. Upon finishing his training period, he was assigned to a fairly quiet district whose Nexus is based in relative close proximity to the Citadel, a sharp contrast to the constant wave of crime and corruption that was all-encompassing in Industrial 17.

Given his newfound status, he became complacent, making sure to avoid doing too much of the hard volunteer work that other, more dedicated units would do, while still doing enough work on the regular beat (re-educating citizens and general busywork on patrol) for some higher-ups to still see him as someone with potential. He would eventually earn himself a position within the local precinct's medical branch, a position that he greatly favored as it would allow him to stay in the back lines during any major confrontations with anti-civil groups, while still doing his job. Over time, he would rise to the rank of i3, giving him a comfortable position within the precinct with a good wage, and a good stream of sterilized credits over his field medic work, a position that, ultimately, made Twenty Seven too comfortable. He took advantage of all the benefits and perks he could get to ensure a comfortable living within the Nexus and access to better equipment on the field, a decision that would ultimately get him to the absolute hell he's in right now.

One day, his division's Rank Leader approached him about the status of his family, and said that the unit hasn't been putting as much work in as he did in his early years, spending too much credits without making them back enough. Normally, the unit would simply spend more credits on family cohesion, but when it came time to pay up, he had realized that he didn't have enough sterilized credits to do it this time, as a result of his previous spending habits. Given the situation, he needed to build up a reserve of credits, and fast, or his position within the precinct could be compromised. The Rank Leader offered a solution to this: they offered Twenty Seven a position on the latest expedition they were organizing into the Outlands, but not just anywhere. They were going into the CFLU Quarantine Zone in Belarus. Reluctantly, Twenty Seven agreed to come, and when the time came, he boarded an APC with the rest of the expedition, assigned as it's field medic, and set off to the QZ.

Unfortunately for Twenty Seven, his problems would only get worse and worse from there. Not long after entering the QZ, with their goal being to assist in the extermination of any infected refugees or wildlife that may have found their way into the zone, the team's APC drove over an IED and was rendered inoperable. Unfortunately, as the units in Twenty Seven's group had no previous experience with QZ expeditions, they didn't know that the area they were driving through was used as a popular ambush spot by armed bandit groups operating within the zone. The following scene felt like a series of flashes and snippets in the unit's mind: loud gunfire, movement through ruins, the sound of biosignals fading, armed figures poking around the wreck of the APC and picking through the corpses of his cohorts like vultures. He's still unsure of how or why they managed to miss him amid the chaos and it's aftermath. One thing that became abundantly clear to the unit, though, was that he knew that he wouldn't be coming back to City 17 anytime soon, given the situation. The reaction to this was, mixed, to say the least. Anger, rage, followed by despair, and even a contemplation of suicide. After a bit of time in despair, however, he collected himself. Though he would most likely be denied ever returning to the relative comfort and monotony of City 17, he knew that staying in the QZ would be almost certain death.

The best that Twenty Seven could hope for now, is to find any other survivors from Civil Protection and potentially even anyone who would join them, hope that Dispatch thinks he's been deserviced and doesn't find him alive and still fighting for his family's sake, and do his best to survive in the QZ long enough to find a way to escape it, and find a better place in the Outlands to make a new living, away from the prying eyes of the Overwatch AI, and try to find some form of comfort outside of city life. Whatever the outcome may end up being, Twenty Seven's life will most likely become a living hell while in the QZ, given what he has to contend with, including the possibility that he might even be the only survivor from Civil Protection that's currently alive within the zone, something that he wishes to be false.

*Why do you want to play this character?:
Well, given the premise behind this event, I, like a few others, have gotten sort of STALKER vibes from it. I remembered a few lore bits of the games, and figured that playing a CP for this even could be cool, especially one that's a survivor and otherwise abandoned by Overwatch, given the situation. Could allow for quite a few interesting opportunities with how we'd interact with other survivors in the Zone, establishing factions and other such things, so I'm curious to see how the dynamics are gonna work for Civil Protection characters in this kind of a situation.

Equipment:

Medical Items | 3 Points
Stunstick or any other Melee weapon | 3 Points
Three filters | 2 points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Should my character be removed at any point, and the GM state so it can't be appealed?
The event cannot be used as an excuse to exercise personal vendettas OOCly against others.
Breaking the rules or disrupting the event will result in being ejected from the series.
You will be at the heart of events that will have an impact on the lore - a serious attitude must be adopted at all times. This is not tongue-in-cheek like some of the Fates events. This is a deliberately serious series in terms of tone and content.
The GM reserves the right to eject you if he feels the rules have been breached.

-[GopnikPizzafox]-

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: kaczor (DICTATOR)
    *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:94891935
    *Discord Name & ID: the connoisseur#7947
    *Timezone: CET
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
    Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Angus Vass

View attachment 21906The Resonance Cascade, the following alien invasions and the Seven Hour War was undoubtedly a major breaking point for all inhabitants of Earth, shattering their worldview as a whole in an instant. The same could be said about a certain Scottish priest that saw hell break loose in his homeland.

For a man who had sacrificed all of his life to be part of the apostolic ministry, brought up in accordance of the holy scripture and all of Christianity’s rules and restrictions, the abrupt and incongrous massacres he witnessed, done by both otherwordly aliens and those, who he would later on call “Our Benefactors” has utterly and irrepairably broken his sanity.

During the early years of the occupation, our former priest stayed quiet and did not stand out from the crowd at all, simply being one of the many replaceables cogs of a machine called City 10, far away from his home. Anyone who would even bother to observe the broken Scotsman’s habits would oftentimes find him in secluded areas, sitting and weeping pathetically, still unable to comprehend what the Resonance Cascade was, and why did it happen. Sometimes, he even attempted to take his own life, but failed to do so each time, lacking the ‘courage’ to do so. It became clear to him that the God he once believed in has left him… or did he?

View attachment 21903Fast forward a few years, a terrible disease codenamed CFLU appeared in the city. The local combine forces , unable to contain it, began its evacuation. Most people who have witnessed this outbreak viewed it as an epidemic that is far from their concern. In the case of the broken priest however, this was something else. Something quite the opposite.

It was his
revelation.

All this time spent under the heel of the combine, the man took the outbreak as a heavenly punishment for the un-godly crimes on humanity that the Combine has committed. He had miraculously survived the first wave of the outbreak, hiding in the canals and finding a gasmask from the CWU supplies. He saw his survival as a sign from the heavens, a sign of a second chance given to him, to live on, and live a life in this crumbling city, his goal to combat and expel the ‘evil’ of this world.

View attachment 21904
Although his faith was reborn, the years spent under the regime have twisted his sanity and faith, becoming more of an unpredictable fanatic than a faithful believer. Although he remained stoic and would not show his obsession easily, he was ready to take action whenever the moment would call for it. Attired in a gasmask, winter clothing and a vest,
Angus Vass travels through this wasteland of a city to survive and thrive.

Small melee - 3 points
Medical items - 3 points
Gasmask with 2 filters - 2 points
Custom Consumer Goods x2 - 2 points
Custom clothes (brown overcoat, gloves, gray padded pants, if possible - a bag) - 0 points

I'm a big fan of the abandoned city theme, aswell as the deadly virus theme, I never had the chance to actually roleplay in this environment, so I'm really keen on giving this a try. A different kind of SurvivalRP where you can only depend on yourself while everyone is in the same boat as you and have the same gear, essentially all equal to eachother, seems really promising. A rotten city is home to rotten people, therefore I believe an unhinged priest trying to survive in this place could make for an immersive addition, both bringing hope to this bleak world to some people, but also an unpredictable threat to those who may be after him, or those miserable people who he sees as evil. I generally just feel that there should be other goals for people to follow than just to survive or escape. If it doesn't suit the event at all, I will not RP 'combating evil' mentioned in the backstory.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

Master of Kebab

ACCEPTED | 3 Small melee Weapon | 3 Medical Items | 2 Gasmask with 2 Filters | 2 Custom Consumer Goods x2 | Custom Cloths
Application Format for Citizen

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name:
    ⚜M!lky♠
  • *Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:171171206
  • *Discord Name & ID:
    M!lkyStar#3707
  • *Timezone: BST
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Bartek Kamienski

View attachment 21908
Bartek was like any ordinary man, he went to school, collage, he enlisted into community service as a police officer where he passed basic training which made his physique quite outstanding with greater lung capacity and sturdy foot. Arrival of the combine wasn't one of the things he has planned in his life, watching things he loved getting destroyed was like building a lego tower just for one kid to come over just to push it off and destroy it, he's still haunted by the memories of people, humans getting tortured and slaughtered out in the open by the alien synthetic soldiers, leaving him a everlasting scar of his bloody beloved brother lying in the pool of blood right in his arms. Somehow, he manged to survive the slaughter, only to get enslaved and thrown on a train to city 17 where it didn't took long for him to realise that humanity is entering a dark age. Month after arrival to the new city, Bartek has started to make friends with locals, even vortigaunts, it didn't took very long for him to enter a group of people siding with 'Resistance', his first and last heist was on a CWU factory, where he managed to take some equipment including a Hazmat Suit, few filters [3], whereas his group gathered alot more, useful things, weapons, resources and plenty more, however to no surprise the Civil Protection arrived and cut the party short.

Bartek speaking:
There was 5 of us... as soon as those doors oppened we were met with bullets, killing two of us instantly, me and Alex [Random char] made a dash for the emergency exit door where on the way there i managed to catch my hand on a hatchet laying ontop of a box, god knows why it was there... I looked over my shoulder to see Paulie [Another random char] getting completly body slammed against the floor while other officers were shooting at us relentlessly. We went to the alleyway where i slit the fence open with the hatchet and managed to make it to the sewers, we were out in the open... they were shooting at us like we're ducks... Alex got hit in the back few times, the noise had bring out the infected out of the contaminated zone which distracted the officers enough for us to make it to a dark but safe position. I tried my best to stop the bleeding but it just wouldn't stop! DAMN IT! Not like Lukasz... [Bartek's brother]. Like that, he died in my arms aswell... I put the suit on to prevent anyone else seeing my crying ass face, i took Alex's bag filled with some food and water, i went to depths of darkness with nothing but a flashlight and my hatchet... god knows how long i've spend there undiscovered by the combine... Whatever has happened to the surface, have brough a real apocalypse that even the combine couldn't contain... Well, i'm nothing more then a runner now, trying to survive this... hell...

---Equipment---
[10/10] points spent.
1 P: Custom Consumer Goods: Food supplies + 1 or 2 Water bottles filled or not.
3 P: Small Melee Weapon: Hatchet
6 P: Hazmat suit + 3 filters
Custom clothing: Black Jumpsuit, Black shoes, Full gloves, Padded black pants, Black Beanie, A bag [Or a satchel/pouch].
This character is specifically a runner, armed lightly and equiped with reasonable resoucres, i've made it like this as it could remind you of a game Dying Light, where there's a zombie apocalypse and people use parkour to adapt to the danger and survive. Although this is not going to be Zombies but overwatch and synthetic arm, this bring it to a whole new different level. Also i haven't taken part of any short story series yet, this would be my first one which i'm looking forwards into.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[Milky]-

ACCEPTED | 1 Custom Consumer Goods | 3 Small Melee Weapon | 6 Hatmat szuit + 3 Filters | Custom Cloths
Application Format for Citizen

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ThomasK​
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:120901350​
  • *Discord Name & ID: ThomasK110#0550​
  • *Timezone: BST​
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server: Yes.
  • Is this character from the Main Server: No.

--- Section Two ---
View attachment 21932
*Character Name: Oleksandr Denysenko
A former Ukrainian police officer, turned refugee, turned resistance figure following the Combine invasion. During his short-lived career in the police, he fell on hard times, resorting to a bribe from “Markelvaryich Marcusio Delanger” (@Fallizs) – the friendly neighbourhood cannabis dealer – to destroy some evidence; the court case against him was thrown out (and just in time as well).

Once the Combine took over, it was only a matter of time until he got conscripted to the Civil Protection – even as a corrupt cop, Oleksandr despised the thought of beating up civilians for no reason. In the remains of Chernihiv, he stumbled upon Markelvaryich some time in the late 2000s and joined forces with the “Valuable Reclamation Gang”.

Throughout the next decade, Denysenko would continue with the gang; houses were looted, stores were robbed, Metrocops were murdered. However, this all changed when the “CFLU” emerged – it bought a threat that no soldier, Metrocop or rival gang could live up to. The gang locked down, they stayed hidden indoors to keep safe and took advantage of the gear they had; it was awful timing, during a major relocation of the gang’s manpower and assets to a Belarusian town out of sight from the Combine.

Now, Oleksandr has few options left if he (and the gang) are to survive, and that's where this event begins...

Oleksandr is a unique character, and will offer me a new perspective on HL2RP – the “resistance”. As I would be RPing with @Fallizs, it means I can enjoy myself more than just playing as some lone refugee (especially as I prefer playing with friends). Finally, the idea of RPing as Oleksandr just appeals to me – his backstory is different to any character I could RP as in the main server, and I have not made an event character before.

Equipment
Custom Clothing (Blue Rebel Top, Green Combat Trousers, Brown Leather Boots, Backpack, Boonie Hat) [0]
(2x) Custom Consumer Goods (1x Filtrated Water Bottle, Cans of Food/Rations). [2]
M40 Gas Mask with 2 filters. [2]
Medical Items. [3]
A Small Melee Weapon (Cleaver) [3]

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-ThomasK110-

ACCEPTED | Custom Cloths | 2 2x Custom Consumer Goods | 2 Gasmask with 2 Filters | 3 Medical Items | 3 Small Melee Weapon
--- Section One ---

Steam Name:
Turkey#1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:201739431
Discord Name & ID: Steffan#4013
Timezone: GMT 0
I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ]
Is this character from the Main Server : [ NO ]

--- Section Two ---

View attachment 21912

Character Name: Khristorozhdestvenskaya Jastrzębski

Brief summary of the character: Khristorozhdestvenskaya Jastrzębski is an alcoholic. Before the war Khristorozhdestvenskaya Jastrzębski spent most of his time in bars and pubs, getting used to the fights and alcohol. He enjoyed his time there, although he didn't have the cleanest of records. Usually picking fights with the police. He's strong and is determined to survive the desolate place he has found himself in, avoiding patrols and staying outside of the combines watchful eye alongside his small group of friends who he trusts enough to let travel with him. He often carries bottles of cheap beer on him, tending to get drunk in fights. Although he's a stubborn and born fighter, in this environment fleeing has saved his life more often due to the flu and infrequent OTA patrols, despite this from his prior bar fighting experience he is specialised in CQC combat. Khristorozhdestvenskaya Jastrzębski traveled to the city with his groups thinking he could have an easy time finding scraps left over from the previous occupant of the city, just hoping to use the supplies to get by and upgrade his equipment if the opportunity arises, although after sneaking into the city he has found himself trapped within and now he desperately seeks escape alongside his group.

Why do you want to play this character?: I want to play the crazy drunken polish character as I think it's an interesting dynamic, my character is made for somewhat comic relief but also so he can show his serious and determined side when needed.

Items:
1. Custom clothes 0 points khaki jacket, boonie, white pants, black shoes, full black gloves and Aviators. Small + large bag.
2. Consumer goods 1 point headcrab jambalaya.
3. Small melee 3 points (cleaver).
4. Hazmat suit & filters 6 points.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-
Steffan

ACCEPTED | Custom Cloths | 1 Custom Consumer Goods | 3 Small Melee Weapon
| 6 Hazmat suit 3 filters

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: human
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10470765
  • *Discord Name & ID: dudeperson#1185
  • *Timezone: GMT
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Alex Knowles
*Brief summary of the character: A man who found his place within District 43's underground scene after being exiled from loyalist society due to stepping on the toes of someone he should not have. He now lives as a small-time mercenary, making money through work offered by black-market dealers and occasionally selling off a good piece of equipment found while on the job.

Things took a turn for the worse when the antlions came, however. Things got chaotic. Ordinarily, this would have been good- Scanners were shot down all the time, which eventually caused them to come out less. Civil Protection came to the slums less too.

But there was no work. Not a single job to be had. The antlions had cut the black-market dealers off from the district, meaning he would not get any work. He waited a bit. Perhaps they would come back. They did not- and the situation only got worse. So, he left the city. There was no reason for him to remain- he was simply wasting time. Killing antlions was not profitable whatsoever, and his chip reserves drained with each bullet shot.

Thus, he began his journey across the lands, eventually coming across this place.

Getting in was not easy. The many security measures made sure of this. But he had to get in. He simply had to- if there was so much security on this place, then surely there'd be something good to be had here.

And get in, he did- after surveying the area for many days, he got in. Somehow.

Now, he has to get out.

Survival scenarios are my favorite sort of RP to be involved in. The tension present in these situations allows for characters to descend into complete desperation: they lie in dirt as they wait for patrols to pass by; they stand quietly in shadows- with no shield nor barrier to cover them but the darkness. These moments make survival scenarios interesting: the dread and anxiety one feels when performing such a stunt- then the relief that comes afterwards. That makes a survival scenario worth partaking in.

EQUIPMENT:
[0] Custom Cloths: Gloves, Murky Overcoat, Black Padded Pants, Grey Beanie, Black Shoes, Small + Large Bag (?)
[2] Gasmask with 2 filters
[6] A small firearm
[2] (If possible) Bayonet attachment for firearm

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[dude]-

DENIED | Low-Quality Application
*Steam Name: Goose
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:436537142
*Discord Name & ID: Goose#8047
*Timezone: CST (GMT-6)
I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : YES
Is this character from the Main Server : NO
View attachment 21915

*Character Name: McKinney Knight
Character Rank: Intention Three
Character Equipment: SMG + 3 Filters

McKinney, a born and raised Texan gal with a strange affinity for her morality. She's always had an overtly friendly attitude throughout her youth, having no issues socializing throughout her childhood. She wasn't exactly the smartest person out there, but she was indeed popular due to her core-beliefs to attempt to please everyone. Although this made her a target for bullying, which she was strong enough to ignore.

After her sudden-transition into the Union, she was presented with debatably the best offer she could've received in such an interesting time. Already being decent with firearms due to her pass-time of hunting, she elected to take on the position of a metropolice officer. Secretly throughout her career, smuggling out a handful of goodies to the resistance - letting people go with drastically reduced charges, or just outright ignoring specific actions. Luckily, she was usually smart enough to not be caught... Usually.

She ascended through the ranks relatively hastily, due to her personal connections to the majority of the Garrison. Although, what she was secretly hiding from everyone would have her killed. Deep down, all of this friendliness with a facade. She was indeed, a true physcopath - suffering from multi-personality disorder, which she's managed to keep hidden throughout her life. Although as she reaches her thirties she's slowly losing control of the physcopath that hides underneath. Internally fighting with that insanity inside of her that craves violence and murder..

Perhaps it was a switch that was flipped.. she surely doesn't know. What she know, however, is that she must attempt to uphold this facade in her new district, whilst attempting to search for a cure for her mental illnesses. Before it's too late.

The question is... can she fight herself as the world around her crumbles?

View attachment 21916

Or will she give up on her helping ideals, and relinquish the physcopath inside of her - becoming naught but a bandit?

*Why do you want to play this character?: I enjoy playing unique characters, and what's more unique than a genuine attempt to roleplay someone suffering from such a horrendous mental illness. It makes for unique situations, and memorable RP. Plus, I am a combine main, so a civil-protection character is right for me.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[GOOSE]-

ACCEPTED | 8 SMG | 2 3 Filters

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Iqut
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:173208852
  • *Discord Name & ID: Iqut#9066
  • *Timezone: UTC+1
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ]
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ]
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Mohamed Tarif Slimane.

Mohamed Tarif Slimane was born on March 3, 1970 in Bab El-Oued, a working class neighborhood in Algiers, Algeria. From a very young age, he worked with his father as a metal worker, collecting used metals in the streets of the city to sell them to recycling factories. He was then forced to do his military service in the 90's during the Algerian Black Decade. In 2004, when he was released from his service several years ago, Mohamed decided to launch his own recycling center so that they can take its independence of the counter-masters of the factories of recycling being made has each time only 20% of the batch that this one and are father bring back. while widening its field of activities by extending henceforth in the field of the plastic. the businesses turn well, until the day when Portals opened in the sky, letting in strange beings and unknown machines. The Combines, a ruthless alien race, had invaded Earth. Subjugated and oppressed, Mohamed has a deep hatred against the Combines after they relocate to a city that is not his own, separating him from his family. From now on, his objective, apart from surviving, is to try to find his family as best he can by preparing a trip to outland to try to return to his native country, a crazy objective but it is what still allows him to hold his head high and to live in this crazy world.

Why do you want to play this character : I want to play this character because this one is new and doesn't have a linked story yet and this event is the perfect opportunity to start a story for him.

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[Iqut]-

DENIED | Low-Quality Application
Application Format for Civil Protection

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Gopnik Pizzafox
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54081766
  • *Discord Name & ID: AlextheFox212 🌹🌈#9626
  • *Timezone: CET
  • I am in the Short Stories Discord Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] YES
  • Is this character from the Main Server : [ YES ] or [ NO ] NO
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: C17:i3.VICTOR-27
Character Rank : Civil Protection Standard Unit, intention 3

Twenty Seven was always a bit of an odd one. He'd previously spent much of his time in City 17 in the Industrial 17 district, known for it's rampant corruption, high anti-civil activity, massive pollution in the air and general misery among the local populace, even more so than in the rest of the city. During his time, he learned that he'd need to adapt and get close with all the local power brokers and providers, schmoozing with collaborators and black market contacts alike to get what he needs to ensure himself a decent standard of living.

His ultimate goal, though, was to finally get a ticket out of i17 and into the city proper, a goal that he would ultimately achieve after spending years in the district, with his experience and connections built among local collaborator groups finally allowing him a position within City 17's Civil Protection, and a free ticket out of the industrial district to boot. Upon finishing his training period, he was assigned to a fairly quiet district whose Nexus is based in relative close proximity to the Citadel, a sharp contrast to the constant wave of crime and corruption that was all-encompassing in Industrial 17.

Given his newfound status, he became complacent, making sure to avoid doing too much of the hard volunteer work that other, more dedicated units would do, while still doing enough work on the regular beat (re-educating citizens and general busywork on patrol) for some higher-ups to still see him as someone with potential. He would eventually earn himself a position within the local precinct's medical branch, a position that he greatly favored as it would allow him to stay in the back lines during any major confrontations with anti-civil groups, while still doing his job. Over time, he would rise to the rank of i3, giving him a comfortable position within the precinct with a good wage, and a good stream of sterilized credits over his field medic work, a position that, ultimately, made Twenty Seven too comfortable. He took advantage of all the benefits and perks he could get to ensure a comfortable living within the Nexus and access to better equipment on the field, a decision that would ultimately get him to the absolute hell he's in right now.

One day, his division's Rank Leader approached him about the status of his family, and said that the unit hasn't been putting as much work in as he did in his early years, spending too much credits without making them back enough. Normally, the unit would simply spend more credits on family cohesion, but when it came time to pay up, he had realized that he didn't have enough sterilized credits to do it this time, as a result of his previous spending habits. Given the situation, he needed to build up a reserve of credits, and fast, or his position within the precinct could be compromised. The Rank Leader offered a solution to this: they offered Twenty Seven a position on the latest expedition they were organizing into the Outlands, but not just anywhere. They were going into the CFLU Quarantine Zone in Belarus. Reluctantly, Twenty Seven agreed to come, and when the time came, he boarded an APC with the rest of the expedition, assigned as it's field medic, and set off to the QZ.

Unfortunately for Twenty Seven, his problems would only get worse and worse from there. Not long after entering the QZ, with their goal being to assist in the extermination of any infected refugees or wildlife that may have found their way into the zone, the team's APC drove over an IED and was rendered inoperable. Unfortunately, as the units in Twenty Seven's group had no previous experience with QZ expeditions, they didn't know that the area they were driving through was used as a popular ambush spot by armed bandit groups operating within the zone. The following scene felt like a series of flashes and snippets in the unit's mind: loud gunfire, movement through ruins, the sound of biosignals fading, armed figures poking around the wreck of the APC and picking through the corpses of his cohorts like vultures. He's still unsure of how or why they managed to miss him amid the chaos and it's aftermath. One thing that became abundantly clear to the unit, though, was that he knew that he wouldn't be coming back to City 17 anytime soon, given the situation. The reaction to this was, mixed, to say the least. Anger, rage, followed by despair, and even a contemplation of suicide. After a bit of time in despair, however, he collected himself. Though he would most likely be denied ever returning to the relative comfort and monotony of City 17, he knew that staying in the QZ would be almost certain death.

The best that Twenty Seven could hope for now, is to find any other survivors from Civil Protection and potentially even anyone who would join them, hope that Dispatch thinks he's been deserviced and doesn't find him alive and still fighting for his family's sake, and do his best to survive in the QZ long enough to find a way to escape it, and find a better place in the Outlands to make a new living, away from the prying eyes of the Overwatch AI, and try to find some form of comfort outside of city life. Whatever the outcome may end up being, Twenty Seven's life will most likely become a living hell while in the QZ, given what he has to contend with, including the possibility that he might even be the only survivor from Civil Protection that's currently alive within the zone, something that he wishes to be false.

*Why do you want to play this character?: Well, given the premise behind this event, I, like a few others, have gotten sort of STALKER vibes from it. I remembered a few lore bits of the games, and figured that playing a CP for this even could be cool, especially one that's a survivor and otherwise abandoned by Overwatch, given the situation. Could allow for quite a few interesting opportunities with how we'd interact with other survivors in the Zone, establishing factions and other such things, so I'm curious to see how the dynamics are gonna work for Civil Protection characters in this kind of a situation.

Equipment:
Medical Items | 3 Points
Stunstick or any other Melee weapon | 3 Points
Three filters | 2 points

-TERMS AND CONDITIONS-

-[GopnikPizzafox]-

ACCEPTED | 3 Medical Items | 3 Sunstick or any other Melee Weapon | 2 3 Filters

Last edited:
Join the Short Stories Discord and Ping me for the CFLU Role!

Some of you Players will be Selected in the beginning to start as Infected Players. These Players will have the ability to infect other Players. Trust is going to become a Rare Good. Vortigaunts may also become Infected, always wear your Protective Gear folks!

You may also Start either in a Group or Solo!

1682709643119.png
@Fallizs @Donavin Jones

Applications are now closed, Infected Players will be selected soon.

Join the Short Stories Discord to receive the CFLU Role for more Information ( Steam Collection, Information about the Event )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back