Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Character Bio - Mina Sorintov

Marishi-ten☆

Radioworks™ Insider
GALUNGA
Joined
Mar 10, 2020
Messages
16
______________________

Year 20XX

"<:: Name and previous occupation? ::>"

"My name is Mina Sorintov. Doctorate degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, Genetics and Virology."

"<:: Interesting. Any known living family members? ::>"

I looked down, unsure of what to say. It seemed like the world froze. And I was brought back to where I lost everything.

"<:: Mina? ::>"

"Mina...."

Mina.

Does that name matter? I have nothing now.

"No. They all died."

The Civil Protection unit stood silent for a moment, taken aback by the sudden change in tone.

"<:: Your date of birth? Age? ::>"

"I am 38 years of age. Born on August 22."

The masked, faceless figure with an indistinguishable voice and demeanor continued to question. Grab ahold of my identity. The only thing left...

That's their name. Thats what I'll call them. The faceless. Soulless. All of them. Human or not, mean the same thing to me. All of them boil down to the same events that took every last thing away from me.

When I was still working in my original occupation, I was used to pure lifelessness. Researching under the vast emptiness that I was required to work under. It had value in comfort. When the Combine came, it was a different kind of emptiness. Every mile they trekked, every rock they turned... every living thing surrounding it was shackled or torn apart.

I worked in lifelessness to help preserve the life that is there. Cures to diseases. Vaccines. Something that might help save lives.

They worked in the line of death and destruction. To ensure an iron grip that would squeeze the hope out of humanity. I remember it like it was yesterday.

My watch was beeping. But it was dark. I couldn't see. I couldn't move... a red light down a tunnel... and voices. The frantic voices sounded muffled, as if masked... they were shouting in my direction. It felt like something grabbed ahold of my arms. The area that trapped me and surrounded shifted and crumbled. I screamed as the darkness was split apart by flashlight beams going to and from my face and body. Miraculously, I was alive... Injured, but all in one piece.

I was being saved... what about my mother? What happened to her... at one point everything was okay.. Then it felt like everything was flipped upside down. I couldn't get up. I was being dragged.. as I moved further away from my vicious, cold concrete jail that's when I saw them.... I had blood all over my hands. It was her's... my mother's.

I remembered how it happened as I saw myself being dragged away from her. We were eating. Under government protective housing due to the storms. Rumbling shook the earth. The rumbling grew into great buckles in the ground. I tried bringing my mother down into a basement of sorts, then everything went black. An explosion bombarded the walls and caved our once safe haven into a dangerous wreck of destroyed rock. At first, when I came to my senses, I saw my mother trying to hug me, holding out her arms to me. I thought she was okay. Then I saw her face. Half of her body was crushed under concrete. Blood trickled down from her nose and mouth. Her hands were covered in blood but my first instinct was to try and grab them. As soon as I took hold, I could tell whatever structure was still intact was surely going to completely collapse. I looked at her for the last time, and it seemed like she was trying her hardest to call out for me, to hold on... a split second later, everything fell and crumbled. That was the last time I saw her alive...

The shock continued to keep me numb from the truth.

I kept blinking in and out of consciousness for a while. It was hard to discern what the soldiers were saying. They dragged me to some kind of vehicle. Eventually I went unconscious again. The blackness that resulted mirrored what my life would have to offer soon after. Loneliness. Emptiness.

"<:: Right. Here's your ID. Have a good day, citizen. ::>"
 
Back
Top