Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

CHARACTER SIGNUPS: CHAPTER FIVE SUB-PLOT: 'Into the Depths'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colonel Alekzander Ivanovitch will be returning to instil his glorious communist ideals

--- Section One ---

• Steam Name: Keegar123 The Fiery One
  • Steam ID: My Steam 64 ID 76561198120414264 and my Steam 32 ID STEAM_0:0:80074268
  • Discord Name & ID: Keegar123#1260
  • Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (MST)
--- Section Two ---

• Are you applying for an event character?: Yes
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): KROT Worker
  • The character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Vortigaunt Slave
--- Section Three ---

• Character Name:
    Ur' Ahkar

• Summary of the character:
    Ur' Ahkar was an enslaved Vortigaunt that served the Combine unwillingly. He is normally seen working on tasks that require physical requirements, mostly cleaning and fixing various things in the facility. If he was instead free of the shackles within this facility's corridors, he would be practicing his species's many cultural activities, but he is not, and he continues working the lowliest of tasks within this disturbing compound.

• Why do you want to play this character?:
    I enjoy Vortigaunt role-play a lot and even though I have not played much of it. (I have read the guide already.) I also want to play this character due to the fact I want to try this event out! Even though Vortigaunt role-play is more passive, I do very enjoy the rich role-play and lore that it brings with it.

• Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to):

After the lesser master that had enslaved the Vortigaunts was defeated, Ur' Ahkar arrived upon Earth within a forest glade. He spent most of his early time on Earth within this forest, learning of the new creatures and plants that inhabited it, as well as learning to survive in this new plane. Although this peaceful area would not lay disturbed only by him, and he had to continue his path elsewhere as clashes between the greater masters and the human armies began.

As he progressed through the narrow paths and offshoots, occasionally having to avoid the skirmishes between the two factions, he then eventually, arrived at a narrow passageway that led out of the forest into a golden field of unkempt wheat. Looking to the right he saw two buildings, and farther away from the buildings was a city. To his left, he saw a long dirt roadway leading away from both the buildings and the city. He walked along a small rock trail to the two buildings, studying the area as he was doing so. He eventually decided to explore the red building, although cautiously, but seeing it contained very little except for the dusty mounds of straw, he then moved onto the white housing. He explored more carefully and slowly than the last considering it had more signs of inhabitance to it. After moving along the white-painted corridors, he concluded that the area was safe and relaxed slightly better than before. He also discovered that a long hole made of rock with a wooden roof above it contained water. As he got more comfortable with his surroundings. He determined that he would make his abode in this area. He sustained himself by hunting for Xenian animals and foraging various plant life to provide sustenance for himself.

After the war had stopped and society was beginning to stabilize itself due to the herding of humans and Vortigaunts, the Combine in the area became more dangerous as patrols were sent out. He was eventually captured by one of these patrols and moved to the City designated 22. After working on the many tasks the Combine set for him. After a while, he was then forcibly relocated to KROT's general vicinity.
--- Section Four ---

• Tell us about yourself:
    I used to be a group leader for impulse a semi-serious RP, although my group is now closed. So I've decided to expand myself to other servers and try and actually role-play. (P.S. I have a large vocabulary, good or alright grammar, but I may mess up on punctuation from time to time.)

• Are you new to Willard Networks?:
    Yes, although from what I've seen it looks pretty well made.

• Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?:
    Some
    familiar faces I've seen are Pawlu and CsBongos.

• What's your favorite thing about Half-Life?:
    The lore and story, and the areas you explore and discover. If I wasn't looking at NPCs on the wiki, I was reading about the lore.

Last edited:
Given circumstances currently observed in preparation phase - I'm having to delay this event by next week for the 23rd and 24th. This is to increase the time given for people wanting to play or sign-up. That and there's specific things to iron out with the event, first.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Cheers.

Given circumstances currently observed in preparation phase - I'm having to delay this event by next week for the 23rd and 24th. This is to increase the time given for people wanting to play or sign-up. That and there's specific things to iron out with the event, first.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Cheers.
I can play then!:approve:
Striker!!!

--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: No
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: David Letterhoff
  • *Brief summary of the character: During the time at KROT before it became hell, David worked as a mere laboratory assistant
Hiya mate, your character's summary states that David worked at the facility as a laboratory assistant (and anything related to that), but any and all workers who were within the facility are standard event characters as escapees. I cannot accept your character under these conditions unless a remedy is made. I hope this is understanding.

1618489454148.png

Oh, alright. I'll make sure to fix when I have the chance.

[Edit] Okay I've edited it where it says that he's a escapee. I hope this is alright.
If it's still not good enough then I'm willing to rewrite David to make it work.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ZeroPants
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:94990857
  • *Discord Name & ID: ZeroPants#9511
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Yes
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character): KROT worker
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Lost Scientist
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Ilya Zima
  • *Brief summary of the character: A Scientist working in the bowels of the KROT facility, while they despised the things they did, Ilya knew it was a necessary evil. But after the facility locked down, Ilya was forced to reflect on the horrors he was part of, concluding that if the knowledge of the facility was lost then all of the sufferings the KROT researchers caused would have been for nothing. Ilya, though mentally broken by the facility, still has something to live for, and will do as much as he can to survive and share the facility's knowledge with the world.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I wanted to play a character with a moral conflict and figured that a scientist working in the KROT facility would be the best way to do this
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Born in Russia in the year 1975 to wealthy parents, Ilya was provided with the best education money could buy at the cost of a normal childhood. His wealth alienated him from the rest of the world, so he turned to books and movies for comfort. He took a particular interest in science fiction, one of his favorite books and sources of inspiration being “Roadside Picnic”.

He eventually graduated from university with a Ph.D. in theoretical physics and was later hired to work at the KROT facility alongside other researchers, though he wasn’t aware of what he would be working on until he got there.

When the resonance cascade happened, the world had permanently changed. The facility had maintained its research position, Ilya continuing to work there out of necessity. While he hated what they were doing, he felt this was a necessary evil.

Later on, the facility locked down, trapping Ilya inside, forcing him to reflect on his actions, which turned out to be too much for him to bear. What will happen to Ilya next?
--- Section Four (Optional) ---
  • Tell us about yourself: I started playing HL2 RP around 2015 to 2016, I can't quite remember, but I know I started on neb. I started off as a minge, I cringe when I look back on it, but I also like knowing that I have improved a ton since then.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: No, I have been around for a bit by this point
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yeah, I frequent the discord, so I know quite a few of the users here
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: The combine, I find them scary but interesting, they took over earth in 7 hours, it makes you wonder what their homeworld is like

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Insurgency Sandstorm
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:98044988
  • *Discord Name & ID: ayo#5224
  • *Timezone: Eastern Time (ET)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: No
  • Which part are you applying for? (if applying for Event Character):
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character):
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Kayleigh Bryne-McCarthy
  • *Brief summary of the character: Kayleigh, Bryne-McCarthy, was born prior to the combine occupation in Core, Ireland. Kayleigh lived in rural Ireland. Kayleigh's rural environment, that she grew up in, developed her laborer/jack of all traits mentality.
After the combines liberation of earth Kayleigh was documented, and placed into City 80 for several years, she was employed by the Civil Workers Union as a technical engineer, until her transfer to City 83 had left her jobless. Kayleigh carries both her pre-liberation and liberation work experiences till this day.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: I wish to play this character because I wanted a character that has a rural/farm past life, a laborer of sorts.
--- Section Four (Optional) ---
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I played Terranova from start to end, once it shut down I migrated to Willard. I held a shop upon the first launch, and played until the shutdown. I have not been here for long, only since Terranova shutdown, I show little presence on the forums, because I prefer to just stick with playing the server.

• Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I am unsure on how to answer this, I know Atle from when I helped him fix the crafting recipes and gave advice on the economy.

• What's your favourite thing about Half Life?:
  • My favourite thing about Half Life is the survivalism. By this, I mean the quality of life and diversity seen in both the civil populace/city areas, compared to the abandon ruins, mines, and forests seen on various maps. Half Life made a world where you're placed apocalyptic setting that has diversity. From loyalist civilians who stay in city limits to refugees who keep post in the ruins of old residential buildings, monuments, etc. Overall, Half Life has a sort of diverse survivalism theme to it, which is why I enjoy playing games based around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back