Imperator RAD-X

The Supreme Marshal
Staff Member
Server Council
QGbbPEd.png

Hello, Willard Networks.
[Slots 30/32 taken.]
5 GMs
25 Standard Players (5 of which are reserved)
2nd May, Saturday! 9:00pm BST

Character signups are now going to be in process for the first chapter of "The Long Haul." Here on this thread is the location where you can apply to take part by commenting with the following criteria wanted below. Due to the circumstances of potential limited slots on the server (up to 32), we ask that you put effort into your entries if you wish to have a reserved slot on the server. Remember that applying for an event character will be setting you in a preordained position and /may/ slightly limit your autonomy as you are a counted as someone required to ensure success of the event. Only apply for an event character if you truly wish to do.

Here is the following information on event characters that will be taking part.

Event Characters
The Mad Naval Commander - TAKEN
An individual who had effectively deserted his post when the carrier group was completely destroyed the previous day. This individual is not to be trusted at all, but provides some direction for the group until a specific point.

Individuals applying are best noted to:
  • Contain a serious attitude towards Half Life 2: RolePlay with a good understanding regarding the Seven Hour War and our current lore.
  • Have potential experience with military or naval roleplay, especially in a commanding position.
  • A willingness to work closely with the GMs and the Event Managers.
  • Ensure they can follow the character persona as described above.
  • If you are accepted into this role, please get in contact with @TheDeNuke for specific instructions as soon as possible, or YOU MAY LOSE your spot.

The Lighthouse Vortigaunt - TAKEN
This Vortigaunt is not your typical “warrior-monk” Vortigaunt due to spending the past few years with the people who lived at this lighthouse. Has a strange accent, an addiction to alcohol and acts in a state of permanent despair due to the loss of his human friends and of course the conquest of Earth by the Combine.

If the Naval Commander is killed, then the Vortigaunt may transition into a leadership role if nobody else in the group does so / is not willing to.

Individuals applying are best noted to have:
  • Good knowledge on Vortigaunt Roleplay along with the knowledge the faction contains and attributed to how the faction operates on Willard Networks.
  • The ability to work cooperatively with other players and the Event Managers / GMs.
  • A sense of humour.
  • Ensure they can follow the character persona as described above.
Gas Station Soldiers (1-2) - TAKEN
During a time near the war's end with conflict still brewing between forces of the United States Military and the Combine, a full platoon of soldiers had been engaged in a very heated engagement with a vastly overpowering enemy force. There were only one, or potentially two survivors with one being a medic. The group will eventually come across them.

Individuals applying are best noted to have:
  • A small amount of knowledge on military roleplay. [Not required but just to fit the scene.]
  • Survival Instinct.

Optional Event Characters
Surviving Ensigns / Bunker Soldiers (2-3) - TAKEN
These individuals that also jumped ship with the rest of the survivors, but don’t really care much for the Commands of the Naval Commander and will likely not care if the Naval Commander finds himself murdered or dead. The survivors from this group will replace soldiers in Part 2.

Individuals applying are best noted to:
  • Work together with the other Ensigns and the other players.
  • Interact with the Naval Commander.
  • Survival instinct.
  • Minor military or naval roleplay experience.

CHARACTER FORMAT

The * symbol represents a required filling, below.
Please do not put your answers in bold, as to make the entry easier to read.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y / N
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character):
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name:
  • *Brief summary of the character:
  • *Why do you want to play this character?:
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to):
--- Section Four (Optional) ---
  • Tell us about yourself:
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?

DROPPED OUT.

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Mist
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30019129
  • *Discord Name & ID: Mist#9698
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
--- Section Two ---
The event will be ran twice. Pick only one group for when you would be best available.
  • *Group B: 3rd May, Sunday
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: No.
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Noah Carter
  • *Brief summary of the character: A rather determined individual that strives to help others in dark times like these after the downfall of the human race. Yet, he still shows tendencies of fear but tries to display courage and leadership, even though he is not fit for the job and instead becomes a follower of whoever yells the loudest.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I want to use this character to help create RP for others and to immerse everyone in the setting as much as possible. May become a throwaway character.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): N/A
  • Tell us about yourself: Optimistic smiling individual.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? Nah.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Yes sir!
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? The whole oppressive setting, and just the community in general. The whole world and the way that Half-Life works, and how you are put in the shoes of the less important characters from the world where you get to shape your own story through several factions and personalities that you can choose from.

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Kawa
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:128909874
  • *Discord Name & ID: Neowa#6087
  • *Timezone: GMT+1 GB
--- Section Two ---
The event will be ran twice. Pick only one group for when you would be best available.

• *Group A: 2nd May, Saturday
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: N
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): N/A
--- Section Three ---

• *Character Name: Paul Beddingfield
  • *Brief summary of the character: A young, homeless male who scarcely survived through the height of the Seven Hour War. His left eye had been damaged prior to his evactuation via shrapnel from a nearby airstrike and so is covered up via a medical bandage, he cannot remember much from his past and seems to suffer from minor brain damage. Was took aboard the boat after being discovered taking refuge within a nearby camp.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I want to experience the Seven Hour War through my own eyes, as a character from that era. I decided against using any of my main server characters as I want their experiences to differ, this character is either going to be a throwaway or special event character, that I haven't decided yet. I also want make the world seem living and breathing through the help of the other characters within the server.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): N/A

• Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Kawa/Neowa and I am a sort of Veteran HL2RP player, I never got too far with it in the past but Willard Networks has raised my interest ever since I discovered it last year (before it was known as Willard Networks) and I'm glad to give this gamemode another shot after a year or two of being absent from it.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? Not at all, I'm familiar with some of the main active names in this community and have been an active member myself ever since its (re)creation last year.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Atle, Rad, Flanders, Mist, Sectus, Mendel to name a few.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? I love Half-Life not for any gameplay or technological advancements it has achieved in the past (even though those are both things that add bonuses to my score for the series), but its amazing storytelling and universe, through the wise mind of Marc Laidlaw, I wasn't there to experience Half-Life and couldn't really experience the rest of the series when it was at its prime but I still appreciate it for what it is today. Also, definitely the amazing community, I cannot stress that enough.

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Monks.
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:533946711.
  • *Discord Name & ID: Monks#5232.
  • *Timezone: UTC-06:00.
--- Section Two ---

• *Group B: 3rd May, Sunday
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y / N
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): I am applying for one of the surviving Bunker Soldiers/Ensigns.
--- Section Three ---

• *Character Name: Michael Rodriguez.
  • *Brief summary of the character: Michael Rodriguez was a bright young man, with patriotism in his heart. All that changed when the“Combine” invaded,Having witnessed the horrors of war and lost everything he’s ever known, he struggles to keep himself together. With the world around him crumbling, the young man must keep a grip on his sanity or die trying.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I've always had a keen attraction to things revolving around the military, and I've wanted to know what exactly was the perspective of the soldiers during the Seven Hour War, witnessing everything they had fought for destroyed in minutes, the utter shock would be interesting to act out.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to):
    Micheal “Mikey” Rodriguez, was born and raised in California, he was proud to join the U.S. Army at a young age. His parents, Miguel and Gabriela, wished nothing but the best for their children. Micheal followed this belief, making it a core part of who he was. His ideals revolved around the American Dream: freedom, sacrifice and hard work. He served with these beliefs, letting the training shape him into a tool of American patriotism. Having grown up with two younger sisters, protecting others was second nature to him. But little could prepare him for what awaited him on the front lines. Arriving at the forward operating base, he bore witness firsthand the terrors of the “Combine”. He saw his fellow man massacred, the indiscriminate bombings left many disfigured. These things, filled him with rage, and he sought to put an end to this brutality. However, the Combine had different plans in mind, throughout their invasion of Earth, they reduced entire populations to nothing. An entire platoon could be utterly annihilated in minutes, which makes it even more lucky that he escaped it. His post wasn’t the first area to be attacked, in fact mere moments before contact he learned that the west coast of the United States had already been hit. His parents, his sisters and everyone he ever knew were killed. Everything, he had once fought for, now destroyed in a matter of hours. He had lost his will to fight he refused to die, now he finds himself in a bunker with his fellow servicemen, which for all he knows could be last free human society in the world.

• Tell us about yourself: I'm Monks; need I say anything else?
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yes, I don't really know anyone personally.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: No, but I'd like to get to know some people.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: Personally, I really enjoyed the gameplay and simply revolutionary mechanics of games. But don't get me wrong, I've always appreciated the excellently crafted story by Marc Laidlaw.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ABSOLUTELY JUST!
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:52027579
  • *Discord Name & ID: Tyrone#9876
  • *Timezone: GMT+1
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Arthur Miller
Arthur Miller is an opportunist with his own sense of morals. A fugitive criminal before the Seven Hour War. A mess through and through, having reached the bottom of his wallet. With no money to his name and a gun loaded in his hand, he planned on robbing a bank. During the robbery, the streets were being glassed. His getaway car obliterated, the police that responded on the run.

At first Arthur thought that it was WW3, before he saw it. A Synth, towering at nearly 9 feet. Armed with something alien, proceeded to magdump the bank's clientelle. Arthur made a run for it, together with his soiled pants and his firearm. His balaclava still on his face.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I like playing the deranged and flawed characters. It's just more fun to play as someone that has set backs and isn't a self-insert.
  • Tell us about yourself: I'm Tyrone (not my real name). I'm 20 and I play videogames. I like working out and I am so close to losing my marbles thanks to the current crisis.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? Yes and no. I've known about it, but I intend on becoming a more active member.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Yes, I am. I've even seen some users that I never thought I'd see again.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? Half Life isn't about an alien invasion, nor is it about an oppressive regime. It is about you, me and the essence of human nature. Portraying most if not all people as unhinged, erratic and borderline lobotomized. It explores how we act and is a very fun thing to do on the side

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Cookie!
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:176386194
  • *Discord Name & ID: Cookie!#4294
  • *Timezone: GMT
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Callum Wood

Callum is a regular New Yorker, he scraped by in his day to day life with goals that were probably far out of his reach, but he aspired for them anyways. Primarily, he worked as an enthusiastic salesman, selling any goods he could scoop up off the street to those willing enough to pay for his positively cheap prices. He never really had a place to stay, he hunkered down behind his makeshift stall most of the time.

Callum strives for goals that are probably way out of his reach, and shows quite an unending enthusiasm for them. However, he also lives for anything to get his adrenaline pumping.. Maybe an 'adrenaline junkie', he can make rash choices from time to time, but otherwise tries to keep a clear head on what would work for others, and not for him.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: Callum is an old, first character of mine, I've done various spins on him, or in some cases expanded on his own story completely. I'd like to give him some attention again after so many years of putting him on hold, plus, this would be a great way for me to get back into the HL2RP scene officially.
  • Tell us about yourself: Howdy! I'm Cookie, I've been playing HL2RP since 2016 (not that long for some of you veterans) and keep playing today for that fresh moments or those hard hitting times.. Or, maybe a moment that completely blows my mind in the terms of an event. I can appreciate any amount of effort staff members put into things like these, I love seeing it pull along and how it all works.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I have known of its existence since the start, and popped in and out over the years to check the development updates.. Not a regular supporter, but an advocate for something fresh and new.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes! I recognise a few people from an old server I play on, including Atle, Sectus, and Juicy to name a few. I haven't interacted with a few of them, but it does make me feel more comfortable to be here.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: The dystopian, mind-bending feeling of the whole universe. The scale of which happen is small but can totally ripple the future.. But, the way things take time, and can completely stomped to dust at any time is awesome. I love the idea of living in fear but overcoming it.. I also enjoy the opposing aspects, being a member of a resistance force which are hunkering down in a location unknown, or a member of the Overwatch either on the streets, or engaged in an operation. The realism gives me a totally awesome feeling, but at the same time, still has that feeling of being a 'game' to give me the enjoyment.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Ugnip55
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4545554
  • *Discord Name & ID: Ugnip55#6575
--- Section Two ---

--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Blake Rivera

Blake Rivera, a recently homeless, unemployed New Yorker, after working for four years as a security guard. They have a rather questionable set of morals and ethics, being rather immoral in their ways, as a direct result of their upbringing. They do have some restrictions however, and their immoral acts limit themselves at deceit and thievery. Unnecessary violence and murder is something they cannot deal with whatsoever.
They're immoral, but they're not psychotic. They simply hold themselves in higher regard than others, and are rather selfish in their day-to-day life.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: I want to play this character mostly because it's a plan for a character I might have on the server, assuming they survive. I also like the whole "cloak and dagger" aspect I plan on having with this character, and I'd like to see how other people react to them.
  • Tell us about yourself: Hey there, I'm Ugnip. Got a few years under my belt in HL2RP, and I've been interested in how Willard is developing recently. I saw this event and decided that it could be worthwhile to check out. I hope it focuses more on passive RP than combat RP, as I find combat RP to be a highly stressful situation more OOCly than ICly. Quite often, there's too much drama.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I am not that new to Willard. I have the CP whitelist prematurely. I joined the community around November 2019, and I am glad it has developed to a point where we can test it out.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I don't really know that many people. Only person I can say I know at all would be DanteeZe.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?: I believe my favorite thing is how the Union acts. They're an oppressive regime, but hold true to their word for the most part. I like to highlight Civil Protection as an example of this. Their family will receive better treatment as long as the officer in question complies fully, and does a good job. They never shy from their word, and wil fulfill their promise, as long as you fulfill yours.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Craft
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:190015159
  • *Discord Name & ID: Benjamin Benson#6827
  • *Timezone: GMT
--- Section Two ---
The event will be run twice. Pick only one group for when you would be best available.
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Benjamin Benson

Before you would be a wrinkly, old, Caucasian male standing at the average 5'11ft. They'd have dark brown eyes which contrast well with their greying brown hair. The shine of it making it clear that he would by using artificial dye. He'd speak with a firm Irish accent

• *Why do you want to play this character?: Because I rarely play a character above the age of fifty, forcing me to play towards the limitations of my age (i.e not as fit, handling guns like a pro etc) Using the environment and my own social abilities to guide me towards survival. Also I usually just play as any character that is needed of my to increase enjoyment for others so (Sure you don't need it) But I wouldn't mind playing something different i.e event characters mentioned above

Why not. Not an every interesting one but here it is.
    Benjamin Benson was born and raised in the Rural lands of Western Ireland into a family of nine with farther, mother, six brothers and one sister. He lived a simply live as he'd spend most of his time in pure isolation as he worked on the farm, taking care of the numerous cows they had as the soil was far too rotten for anything besides the basics. If not this he'd spend hours upon hours in the middle of the sea with his father, taking up his true passion for fishing as he'd simply bask in nature. As the norm for the time period, he dropped out of school at a young age as he was needed more on the farm than in the classroom. Keeping the family alive. Nothing much more to say as while his brothers and sisters travelled to different lands, pursued different careers. He remained in his local area. Never travelling to even a different county of Ireland as he had all the comforts in his local area... Of course. The future would have different plans for him.
  • Tell us about yourself: Hi! Names Craft! Compared to other I am quite new to HL2rp as I only started in early 2019 on a server called Undetermined gaming! I'd like to say I was at least a decent roleplayer as I became the lead of numerous factions before eventually settling with the lead of the Zombie faction before the server had died out on Christmas 2019. I usually RP as whatever is needed to improve the RP for that situation ( i.e if Rebel or OTA were ever fighting I'd always go to whoever needed more players) and I'm heavy in P2l (maybe too much) Heard about this from the staff of Willard Networks who were once staff on UG so I decided to join!
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? Yes!
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Also yes! (Hi Danteze!)
  • What's your favourite thing about Half-Life?

My favourite thing about the HL series is Innovation! I remember my mind exploding at HL2 with its physics engine! while a basic staple now in days it was something truly revolutionary for its time! In my eyes. The Half-Life series is not one of story or gameplay. But similar to Nintendo. A platform in which they try to push the gaming industry forward! The newest Release HL: A proves to me that they truly are in it for the players as while yes few people own VR they showed the world what could happen if we used this new piece of technology with triple-A funding!

Last edited:
--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: spr1te
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:49300762
  • *Discord Name & ID: sprite#5836
  • *Timezone: gmt 0
--- Section Two ---

--- Section Three ---

• *Character Name: Viktor Vaughn
  • *Brief summary of the character: A classic black gangbanger. He's never held a real job to his name, notably focusing on a dying rap career. Despite his bodacious claims of being the 'best gangster on the block', he's never killed another human being.
    It's rumored that he won a rap battle against a synth in the 7 Hour War but clearly that's just some fallacy made up by him to look cool. Who knows how long he can keep his cool in the future days of occupation.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Viktor Vaughn is a pseudonym I commonly use. I'm more so interested in the mechanics of the server but I'll still roleplay appropriately.

• Tell us about yourself:
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life?

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Götze
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:90911618
  • *Discord Name & ID: Götze™#8989
  • *Timezone: U.S. EST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Yes.
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): The Mad Naval Commander
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Vice Admiral William Debbink

• *Brief summary of the character: A staunch man standing at 5'11, Captain Debbink was a graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Class of 1977. He grew up in a middle class family in North Carolina, which had a history of service in the American Navy, and believed he would be able to adequately serve his duties within the Navy for as long as he could walk.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: One reason is that I have always had a particular interest in Nautical/Naval Sciences and subjects surrounding it, so I would understand most of the knowledge this character would possess and what he would do with it. I also would have a better idea of how his character would act based on his 30 years of service, and his reaction to an entire carrier group/task force under his command being torn apart and destroyed in little over an hour. Secondly, I find the prospect of playing such a shocked/disgruntled Admiral to be very peculiar and interesting, being in the shoes of someone who saw first hand the true power of the Union, and being so awestruck by it. I'd also like to use the position to try to emphasize and warn other characters about the dangers to come, and enhance roleplay though the unique position. It would be very intriguing to play someone who had this particular position within the Half Life Storyline.

• Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Born in January of 1955 in Raleigh, North Carolina, Debbink grew up in a modest environment that his family had prepared for him and his two sisters. While born as the second child within his family, since he was the only boy, he often got a lot of attention as his father wanted to create a legacy that would don the family name in a positive light for years to come. He received a private education, and through his fathers connections within the American Navy, was able to land a spot as a midshipman within the United States Naval Academy in 1973. This was also in part to immense pressure and high standards for academic achievement, as even with the proper connections, admission is very difficult to achieve. This prestige did later on develop into an ego for Debbink.

His time at the academy taught him many skills and guidelines to live by besides specifics in command and how the navy worked. A large emphasis on organization, critical thinking, and planning ahead was emphasized. Combine this with the strict life of a cadet made Debbink into what the academy wanted him to become; a sharp minded, quick thinking officer who listened closely and knew his place. Debbink aspired for a life at sea, however, with the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991 his belief that a large scale war would destroy the human race faded away. Though we all know the irony in this. It wasn't the communists that would destroy humanity. It was the Combine.

After Graduating, Debbink served as a Lieutenant aboard the USS Bunker Hill, based out of San Diego. He aspired one day in the far future to have a family, however, his duties were the priority for the moment. The USS Bunker Hill served as a blockade vessel against Iraq, and was often deployed in the Persian Gulf to keep its navy in check. Through his competency and thorough knowledge of the Navy, and by properly commanding those under him, Lt. Debbink rose through the ranks, becoming an Captain by the time Operation Iraqi Freedom occurred. He was assigned to command the Bunker hill as apart of Cruiser-Destroyer Group #3. It was around this time he began thinking about creating a legacy for himself, though he still refused to retire. Thus far, he believed that his hard work and 30 years of service had helped build up and maintain the largest and most powerful navy of all time, one which would stand against any threat that challenged it.

Captain witnessed his fleet get destroyed in under 1.5 hours.
  • Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm Götze. I'm a Marine Biology major who lives within the United States, and another couch bum who watches TV and plays too many video games. I started sometime around Hammerfall Gaming in 2013ish, and have come and gone a lot. I'm probably just another face on discord and guy who eats his mic when he talks, so you'll probably learn more about me in a VC.

• Are you new to Willard Networks? I've been on the discord for a while, but I haven't spoken to that many within it or had a large amount of interaction with the community. So Yes. I'm new.

• Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Bo, Robert, Rad-X. I've spoken with other community members in discord before in the general chat but not to an extensive degree.

• What's your favourite thing about Half Life? I enjoy the dystopian lore about it, as I enjoy reading novels such as those made by George Orwell and other authors who make similar fictional universes for us to learn/read about. I really enjoyed 1984, and I enjoy how well the book connects with the grim reality the Half Life universe has put us into.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Equinox
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:55536652
  • *Discord Name & ID: Equinox#6379
  • *Timezone: Central Standard Time
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Navy Ensign
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Hayden Tanner
  • *Brief summary of the character: A rather to the point man, Tanner is level headed with his time in the Navy, having seen and dealt with the Xenian beings first hand that had made Earth their home, and is always wanting to do what is right, even if it could put himself in harm's way.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Primarily, I don't have any characters that I wish to start off on the server with this event, and so I figured that I could fill up an event character since they only exist for the purpose of this event. Furthermore, I feel my experience with the military could help, even if I'm not in the Navy.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Hayden Tanner is a caucasian, twenty nine year old man who actually joined the Navy six years before the Seven Hour War began with the intent of providing aid to a world that had just suffered the horrors of the Resonance Cascade, while also ensuring himself a stable job and decent pay. At the rank of Petty Officer Second Class, he decided to commission for better pay, and was promoted to the rank of Ensign. Needless to say, the 7 Hour War was definitely not what he signed up for, but duty calls, and Ensign Tanner answered the call with only a few months under his belt, doing the best he could in what little time they had before the fleet he was assigned to was defeated under the horrific firepower of the Combine.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Juicy
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:67321251
  • *Discord Name & ID: Juicy#3529
--- Section Two ---
  • *Group B: 3rd May, Sunday (I'm in both)
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: No
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Scott Guttman
  • *Brief summary of the character: He is one of the luckier people in this crisis and manages to use that luck to his advantage, previously he worked as a lumberjack before the 7 hour war and really enjoyed his day in day out life. He tends to do anything productive in his spare time rather then lounging around and not getting anything done. He stands around 6'1 and is 26 years old. He struggles to get along with new people that he doesn't trust however Scott is able to get along very well with the people he does trust and treats them like brothers.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I am very interested in the rebel side of things as I always play rebel myself. This character is a very old character that I used to play and was the eye opener for the rebel scene for me. Would be nice for him to get back into the spotlight. I want to mainly focus on developing this character early for the main server so that there is some sort of reputation before being thrown into a city. I feel like this character will fit the event scenarios and I am looking forward to making some decisions as this character that may determine his future.
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): (Based off city arrival.) I wanna expand it after the event. Might be a bit tacky at the moment.
    After recent occurrence of crime in C16, Scott Guttman gets transferred out to a brand knew city, C24. Upon his arrival he takes the time to have a look around the city to get to know his way around. He is amazed by some of the things he comes across such as the combine technology that has been placed around the city and the huge citadel in the distance, it is all rather new to him. Once Scott had found his way around the city he goes and collects his hourly ration after all he was very hungry at the time.

After collecting his ration he decides to rent out a old hotel room for the night and hope that tomorrow he can meet some new people... The next day comes with the sun gleaming through the city sky, Scott decides he is going to go to the bar and ask some people about the city and fore fill a normal loyalist life. He meets a person called Cameron who helps him find his way around and become a active citizen.

But then one day there was a outburst of shots in the city multiple shots whizzing left and right skimming past windows and buildings. People running in the street shouting 'REBELS! RUN' however Scott did not run, he stood there, watching the so called 'Rebels' destroy some of the CP's and Scott thought they are actually saving our kind and trying to defeat the Combine - Later that day Scott decides to head down to D4 and speak to some of the 'Rebels' about how to join. When he arrives he sees a shady looking character with a black suit and gas mask on. He had come from the sewers.

Scott decides to ask him 'What would it take to join the Rebels?' he reply's 'We are not the rebels- We are the resistance.' Suddenly Scott understands as it makes sense that is why they were fighting against the Combine. Because they are the Resistance. Scott continues to ask 'So how do I join' the shady character tells him about all the details Scott needs to join, So Scott grabs out a bundle of tokens and buy one of the black suits. He then adventures down into the sewers following the shady character until they end up at a hideout where civilians can temporarily stay.

After a couple of days Scott decides he is going to leave the hideout and go back to D4 to see if he can sell some items. He arrives there and multiple people are asking him questions at once. He manages to break it down with only 1 person asking him a thing at the time. He then returns back to the hideout after the transactions are done. He proceeded to do the same procedure day in day out selling things as he goes along.

Scott then eventually comes to the conclusion that he wants to go full time just crafting and selling anything he can get his hands on. Which leaves him here today crafting and selling everything to civilians to slowly build up strength against the combine.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? Nope
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Yes
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? Everything, I prefer rebel over anything.

[UPDATE]

One new role has appeared in the required section known as the "Gas Station Soldiers."
Group B is disbanded
- expected turnout does not appear to be strong, so we're only running it the one day and that is the 2nd May.

DROPPED OUT.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Cleaner Spine
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45936739
  • *Discord Name & ID: Spine
  • *Timezone: GMT+3
--- Section Two ---
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Gas Station Soldiers
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Sgt. Virgil
  • *Brief summary of the character: A dark skinned 6'2" male, speaking in a Louisiana accent. He just seems to be wearing a standard United States military uniform, donning a SGT rank tag on his right arm
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Interested in the idea of being remnant of the United States army
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): As part of a the 4th infantry divisions, subcategory "The Iron horse platoon", Virgil and his colleagues were tasked with reinforcing the New York divisions, however they've been caught up and completely obliterated by the alien forces, forcing him and one of his cohorts to fight for survival, attempting to take over the gas station.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Pineapple
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44282504
  • *Discord Name & ID: Pineapple#3661
  • *Timezone: BST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Yes
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Gas Station Soldier
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Cpl. Wyatt Dunlap
  • *Brief summary of the character: A haggard, highly-strung middle-aged medic mortified by the horrors of the war he's witnessed. He is highly paranoid and is severely untrusting of those outside of his platoon.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I've somewhat burned out on vanilla HL2RP after a few years of on-and-off playing, but really want to take the opportunity to support and enjoy something that is unique and lead by competent staff. I'm fairly familiar with military jargon, and have previously played medic on other roleplay-focused servers - I see this as a perfect opportunity to get my foot through the door and back into the schema again.
    (May improve, just want to secure a spot for the event)

Originally born to poor farming parents, Wyatt Dunlap performed at an average in school and acted as a general rancher at a local ranch, repairing farm equipment and looking after animals. He was never particularly wealthy or ambitious, but kept a reasonable work ethic and lived a simple yet-fulfilling rural life.

Wyatt Dunlap joined the United States Military after his rural Wyoming community was subject to Xenoforming and was subsequently destroyed; he spent the next few years training to be a medic, and skirmishing with Xenians across the US until the 7 Hour War. He's a decided xenophobe and has a severe distrust of sentient Xenian creatures - such as the reclusive vortigaunt - even if they aren't openly hostile.

Following the obliteration of his platoon, he fled with another member to an old, abandoned gas station.
  • Tell us about yourself: Somewhat veteran hl2rper (not from early 2010 'golden days', but still long-time - 2016, maybes?). Nothing else to do in Quarantine.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? I've been a part of the discord for a while - since before whatever bad business happened a while ago when the logo was still blue.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Played servers belonging to rad-x and gotze previously. Vaguely familiar with others in the discord from previous play.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? Valve craft some brilliant worlds with brilliant themes, and I'm fond of their work. The overall atmosphere and scale of the world is one of my favourites, and I really enjoy playing and experiencing the human condition against the unique setting.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Dragonbrother7
  • *Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:52038966
  • *Discord Name & ID: !DragonBrother7#7048
  • *Timezone:GMT
--- Section Two ---

• *Are you applying for an event character?: Y / N Y
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Gas Station Soldier
--- Section Three ---

• *Character Name: Dave Letcher
  • *Brief summary of the character: A White Scottish male standing at 5'11. He has no hair on his head, not on his chin nor scalp. He speaks with a thick accent and alot of slang. His clothing consists of standard camo fatigues and a forest pattern cap on his head, his torso is protected by a kevlar vest and he is adorned with several pouches on his chest and around his waist
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: My guess with how custom characters go on GMOD i'd only expect an excess of people going as Captains and Sergeants so I wish to have some contrast in the form of a boot. Most people expect soldiers to act tough and forbooding(and likely edgy) so I wish to counter that
  • Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to): Dave grew up in East Renfrewshire in the well off parts of it, in his youth he was one to always get in trouble with the school and his parents and sometimes even the police, he never gained much of an education and decided to follow the American dream and head west to the states where he, after going through a few temp jobs, decided to enlist in the US Army, having little other skills after basic he became an autorifleman. Dave wasn't even in the army for 6 months befire the 7-hour war fired off

• Tell us about yourself:I'm white
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? Very
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? Nope
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? It's subtle, unlike HL2RP

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Lamello
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:61357151
  • *Discord Name & ID: Bling#0424
--- Section Two ---
  • Character that you are applying for (if applying for Event Character): Bunker Soldier
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Lance Corporal Ethan Edwardson
  • *Brief summary of the character: Ethan Edwardson is a rough yet friendly man who speaks in a southern English accent. He is rather short for a man, around 5"10. He is quite young but is clearly rather experienced, given his appearance. His hair is brown and he is green eyes and is generally quite calm. He has the persona of a professional soldier but regularly breaks this facade when in the presence of people he knows. He wears a uniform with a desert/Multicam style pattern, a dagger is emblazoned upon the left shoulder of his uniform, he wears a green beret.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I really enjoy playing as military and ex-military personnel in Half-Life 2 RP because of the roleplay this kind of character allows both being experienced enough to deal with issues, but being completely helpless because of the horrible situation you find yourself in. I am also a cadet who intends to join the military in real life so I find it easy to relate to military characters.

Full Backstory (required for Event Characters, but others may do this if they want to):
    Ethan Edwardson was raised in the UK as part of a nuclear family, his grandfather had been a territorial army soldier due to the mandatory military service required in Britain before 1963. The stories that his grandfather told him as a young boy about his experiences inspired Ethan to become a Royal Marines Cadet at the age of 13. He became recognised in the youth organisation for his first aid skills and his general abilities as a cadet, reaching the rank of cadet sergeant before he was 18.

As soon as Ethan reached the age of 18 he signed up for the Royal Marines commandos, and within a year found himself in training, his first attempt at becoming a marine failed due to him becoming injured during a training exercise, however, his second attempt at joining was successful and he finally got his "green lid". Following his first promotion to lance corporal, he was sent to America to act as an envoy in a joint training exercise between the Royal Marines and US Navy, seeing large success in this role, however, an unforeseen future lay ahead.

Following the opening of the 7-hour war, Ethan was largely helpless in his position, the only member of the Royal Marines aboard a ship full of "bloody yanks". He did little to know fighting during the actual conflict and had no choice but to go along for the ride with the rest of the vessel. When the opportunity came to jump ship he took it instantly, joining up with a pair of Americans he met along the way. His goal now simply being to survive to the best of his ability.

• Tell us about yourself: I have played a lot of half-life 2 RP and enjoy military RP in general, I am currently a cadet in real life and I have an interest in the military as a whole.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks? : Fairly, I know quite a few members of the community, however.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks? : I know rad-x from a previous server and was invited into this community by Pineapple, a long time friend of mine.
  • What's your favourite thing about Half Life? : The universe as a whole, it is a generally interesting thing to partake in.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Aspect™
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:145367981 
  • *Discord Name & ID: Aspect™#5665
  • *Timezone: UTC +2
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Michael Danson
  • *Brief summary of the character: Michael is male. He likes carrots.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I dunno Rad asked me if I wannae play and I said "k" and here I am writing this post.

[UPDATE]

The time for when the event is going to be ran is 9:00pm BST. The day of which the event is running on is still remaining the same.
We'll hopefully see you then!

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Fungle the Bungle
  • *Steam ID: ferus02
  • *Discord Name & ID: FungletheBungle
--- Section Two ---
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name: Michel Brunjes
  • *Brief summary of the character: A Musician from Scotland, moved to California after retirement and took up sailing. Somewhere in his 40's.. Looking for his family as he was out on the water at the start of the war
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To take part in the event and to start a proper story hopefully with this character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back