- Joined
- Apr 13, 2020
- Messages
- 479
- Thread Author
- #21
I don't see how a 10-20 abstract traits with hidden stat boosts could restrict people's RP.if you add these trait things you won't see much originality, and instead, people just rping what the system tells them they need to rp
Sympathetic, depressive, calm, gullible, etc are pretty nonrestrictive towards how a character will develop with time. If they have some valid development that makes them outgrow a trait, then they can have an admin remove it.
I doubt there will be little originality. If we have 15 traits and people can select up to 6 (3 positive, 3 negative) for example, then there are 3,603,600 possible combinations.
The stat buffs and debuffs would be good, because contrary to popular belief, stats can be important as a storytelling device in the same way scripts are. Some of Willard's RPG mechanics can cause problems for RP but, at the end of the day, skills and attributes have been present in HL2RP for a decade. Clearly they serve some sort of purpose towards RP.It's another step towards an RPG style gamemode which I think is inherently an awful idea and what's caused Willard so many problems in the past.
Nah, I agree that traits should be added but only available to yourself and staff.
I'm pretty firm on keeping it so that players can recognize their traits to other characters, and those other characters can see whichever traits have been recognized in the enhanced description. I see no reason why not to.