- Joined
- Sep 11, 2021
- Messages
- 84
- Thread Author
- #1
About a week ago, I posted a thread asking Willard players who don't play citizens what could be done to change that fact and get them more interested in the faction? Before I begin with this thread, if that applies to you then please do check that thread out and leave your opinion and/or vote on the poll: Players who don't play citizens, what would get you to play them more often?
I'll also quickly reiterate what my goals are by quoting my previous post:
While I have ideas on how to combat this, I am curious what others have to say.
If you are a frequent citizen or loyalist player, or perhaps even a citizen main, what do you think could be added to improve the faction? Preferably, things that can be controlled for, like mechanics and jobs, or conceptual background stuff, like a better reason actually to collaborate with the Combine.
I'll also quickly reiterate what my goals are by quoting my previous post:
As a citizen main myself, I know how unfulfilling and boring the faction can be if you are struggling to find something to do or someone to RP with, leading to the urge to switch over to a character in another faction or log off. This is most true if you are playing a newer citizen character.One of the ideas I've had is to essentially pivot the Citizen faction away from being the "starter" and almost seemingly non-aligned faction of the server, and instead have the Citizen faction become the foundation on which the other factions are sustained and enriched. Willard Networks has made relatively great strides in this already, with things such as City politics, non-CWU run shops, and having dedicated game masters and event managers. However, the citizen faction still suffers from being a mostly undesirable faction to play for the majority of the server, with players rushing to either join a Rebel faction or become Loyalists and join the CWU/CMU/Government/Conscripts. This leaves a major gap in the server, as run-of-the-mill average citizens become increasingly scarce.
Part of the concept is the framework of the "Server Triad," a very basic design philosophy that prioritizes creating the majority of systems and storylines in an HL2RP server with Citizens in mind first, and then figuring out how the Citizen faction can then fuel the system/storyline for the other two major factions. In the spoiler are a couple of very basic graphics elaborating further, but that's not what this thread is about.
View attachment 47913
Here is just one example of how this works, specifically how the Citizen faction fuels CvR gameplay.
View attachment 47914
While I have ideas on how to combat this, I am curious what others have to say.
If you are a frequent citizen or loyalist player, or perhaps even a citizen main, what do you think could be added to improve the faction? Preferably, things that can be controlled for, like mechanics and jobs, or conceptual background stuff, like a better reason actually to collaborate with the Combine.