Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

City 24: Repurposed Chillon Castle

MegamanNick

I noticed that in some of artwork on City 24, the castle (Proper name being Chillon Castle) is seen in some of them under Combine control. But the castle itself isn't stated or shown in the public map without any lore to go along, so I took it upon myself to make up lore for Willard Networks regarding the castle.

rp_n7_district80000.jpg

INSTALLATION 5

Much like it's original counterpart before the Seven Hour War, Installation 5 (placeholder name) is a multi-purposed facility repurposed by the UU to feature
a luxurious lounge and meeting room for UU personnel, storage to hold, augment and repair OTA Garrisons, and a prison to hold Anti-Citizens for amputation or Stalkerization. The reason for it's repurposing are several. One is to expand their prison and storage, and two is for a great view of the Genevan lake.

DEFENCES

Installation 5 is heavily armed and fortified, with multiple smart walls circling around it and automated defense systems both ground and ceiling. The indoors are littered with motion censoring gateways and cameras to overlook prisoners who are attempting to escape and or rebels trying to break in and liberate said prisoners.

AREAS

9370.jpg

The names will be different.​

WARDEN’S RESERVE.

In the upper sections and the most guarded place of all, the Warden’s reserve is A place where the UU overlook the prison and monitor it, with full control over most of its automated defense systems.
The Wardens also have access to global contact with CCA regarding active or captive rebel leaders.

CITY 24 STORAGE

Here is where the UU store their technology and OTA Garrisons, mostly for stasis, repairing and further augmentation to their

troops. On a further note, there have been several cases of Sector 15 Overwatch troops and many others being sent here for

repair by Installation 5's specialized Stalkers. The kind of technology to be stored here are Suppression Devices, Chopper

bombs and Autoguns.

CONFINEMENT

A place no City 24 resident would ever want to go. Considered to be the worst prison of City 24, competing with the likes of

Nova Prospekt, this prison has acquired its title for it's top-priority holding cells inside the castle‘s dungeon. It’s common knowledge around the Resistance that rebel leaders and well known anti-citizens are kept here, and once imprisoned got knows what happens to them.
But with the given fact that the residents of City 24 fear this place, the resistance are willing to die on that hill to ensure that their voice and actions are heard and that it will aspire more people to rise up.

This is mostly my general idea of what the place could be for, the lore writers have full permission to change things for the better.

Last edited:
That confinement area is a bit questionable considering the CCA would most likely have the prisoners unconscious sitting in those pods due to the confidential actions done in that area such as the augmentations.

I do like the idea of this in general, and this castle should certainly be added to our lore specially, but there are a few things that stood out to me.

Firstly, it seems strange that the CCA would have a penthouse, or a recreational area in the exact same place as an armory and prison. In my opinion, the CCA angle of this should probably be scrapped since it would seem more thematically appropriate for the other two elements to remain - given what the structure once was.

As for the confinement, I think this is fine to have, but would like to point some things out.
I do not think that 'stalkerization' would occur inside of this place at all. Given a citadel is right outside the city, there would really be no reason to make them anywhere else. No only would this be more convenient, it would also serve to be far more discreet as stalkers are often kept as far away from the public eye as possible. They are known, to the CCA most of all, but they rarely are presented since they are an extremely harrowing sight. Even the most morally dubious CCA officials would have a difficult time being comfortable in their presence.

I also would like to suggest two things in regards to the confinement area itself. I would specifically point out that it uses the dungeons of the castle exclusively - possibly expanded due to lower water levels even. Furthermore, I would reserve this prison to high-priority and high-class prisoners alone. Rebel leaders, CCA members accused of treason; or even just those who may have highly valuable information. This is due to the limited space available within the castle and the fact that nexus facilities would be able to carry most prisoners with ease.

No real issues I see with the Overwatch angle, though I would recommend renaming it more specifically than just a sector number. Possibly dabbling more into the combine perversions of its historical structure as well.

I do like the idea of this in general, and this castle should certainly be added to our lore specially, but there are a few things that stood out to me.

Firstly, it seems strange that the CCA would have a penthouse, or a recreational area in the exact same place as an armory and prison. In my opinion, the CCA angle of this should probably be scrapped since it would seem more thematically appropriate for the other two elements to remain - given what the structure once was.

As for the confinement, I think this is fine to have, but would like to point some things out.
I do not think that 'stalkerization' would occur inside of this place at all. Given a citadel is right outside the city, there would really be no reason to make them anywhere else. No only would this be more convenient, it would also serve to be far more discreet as stalkers are often kept as far away from the public eye as possible. They are known, to the CCA most of all, but they rarely are presented since they are an extremely harrowing sight. Even the most morally dubious CCA officials would have a difficult time being comfortable in their presence.

I also would like to suggest two things in regards to the confinement area itself. I would specifically point out that it uses the dungeons of the castle exclusively - possibly expanded due to lower water levels even. Furthermore, I would reserve this prison to high-priority and high-class prisoners alone. Rebel leaders, CCA members accused of treason; or even just those who may have highly valuable information. This is due to the limited space available within the castle and the fact that nexus facilities would be able to carry most prisoners with ease.

No real issues I see with the Overwatch angle, though I would recommend renaming it more specifically than just a sector number. Possibly dabbling more into the combine perversions of its historical structure as well.
I understand, then again you’re allowed to change things if you plan to add the castle.

Kind of actually really fond of this idea. Would give the Combine so me more options that aren't amputation.

Back