Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

City 37 - an ongoing big project.

MetroCop dude

Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
14
I'm currently making an ongoing project called city 37, this map is planned to be the most immersive such as how big it is and the immersive drawers you can store your items in, yes I have a custom model that I got made which you can actually store items in, many of these will exist in your homes, or the outlands. my current progress as I speak I'm still level designing this whole sector I do have a partner, but I only ask him to do the buildings, he can't do the inside as he isn't experienced that much but I can do the insides. nicely.

This is city37 "Were the most active, loyal and strict members of the Union"

I am planning on submitting this to the WN Lore Submissions but I still haven't planned on what to write yet.
this map is based in an old city in Bulgaria, though it's not an actual city a non-existent one, the 7 hour war did destroy most of the city and I'm planning to make this city look like this, it's not going to be big but I'm hoping I can make it big, this gives the story to the city as most of the city is destroyed and combine walled off the desolate buildings that were effected except the ones that were preserved.
83ba55c544db7fb9642627c328773f47.jpg





1618612237636.png
You can explore 4 sectors, including this sector as the loyal sector
or you can explore redistricted ruins

1618612271777.png
and see what's inside and try to make out what happened here.

1618612346618.png
or you can plan to open a shop
1618612450619.png
 

Attachments

  • 1618612294617.png
    1618612294617.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 1618612314104.png
    1618612314104.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 1618612313863.png
    1618612313863.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 1618612393967.png
    1618612393967.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 1618612451612.png
    1618612451612.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
I'm currently making an ongoing project called city 37, this map is planned to be the most immersive such as how big it is and the immersive drawers you can store your items in, yes I have a custom model that I got made which you can actually store items in, many of these will exist in your homes, or the outlands. my current progress as I speak I'm still level designing this whole sector I do have a partner, but I only ask him to do the buildings, he can't do the inside as he isn't experienced that much but I can do the insides. nicely.

This is city37 "Were the most active, loyal and strict members of the Union"

I am planning on submitting this to the WN Lore Submissions but I still haven't planned on what to write yet.
this map is based in an old city in Bulgaria, though it's not an actual city a non-existent one, the 7 hour war did destroy most of the city and I'm planning to make this city look like this, it's not going to be big but I'm hoping I can make it big, this gives the story to the city as most of the city is destroyed and combine walled off the desolate buildings that were effected except the ones that were preserved.
View attachment 2743





View attachment 2734
You can explore 4 sectors, including this sector as the loyal sector
or you can explore redistricted ruins

View attachment 2735
and see what's inside and try to make out what happened here.

View attachment 2739
or you can plan to open a shop
View attachment 2741

Hey charger! Remember me from impulse, and how I had an interest in your build?
 
Keep going, my friend. This gamemode needs more maps and people with both the mindset and willingness to build them up. In which case, I will offer some friendly and honest criticism:

- I do detect a bit of City 17's layout, whether that's a replica you've made yourself or a token inspiration from beta210, try to do a little bit experimenting. The unique part thus far is the statue, but I'm sure you've got a good few ideas in mind. It has good room for being unique on its own in this semi-ruined landscape.
- If you are going the cold climate route, take care with the icicles on the statue. I'm not sure if you plan on adding snow or more icicles but it might be weird having them on their own and nowhere else :P
- Since it's the loyalist sector being shown to us up the top there, do you think these walls might be better suited in a more decaying environment that's farther apart from the loyalists area? They might look really uncomfortably close to each other.
- I like your mixture of HL2 BETA and retail elements. Though there's a warning I must give: don't overdo it too much, or you might end up with people screaming at you about "muh immersion."

I'm eager to see where your map goes, it looks cool and you have a lot of passion for this project.
 
I can see you have a good eye for detail and I like your exterior building design with clever use of HL2 textures, if anything I'd try experiment more with the interior lighting especially in the dark areas

Whilst you make the map I'd recommend keeping a solid mind what you'll convert to models or you'll end up with the source SDK limitation trap down the line
 
I can see you have a good eye for detail and I like your exterior building design with clever use of HL2 textures, if anything I'd try experiment more with the interior lighting especially in the dark areas

Whilst you make the map I'd recommend keeping a solid mind what you'll convert to models or you'll end up with the source SDK limitation trap down the line
I do want to post this on the lore submissions, i really want to see if you guys are interested in using it when I'm finished. I'm trying to no make places too dark for people to actually see what they are doing. mostly all of the highly detailed brushes are made of models to spare compile time.
the map does take 2 minutes to load so it's pretty good right now.
 
Keep going, my friend. This gamemode needs more maps and people with both the mindset and willingness to build them up. In which case, I will offer some friendly and honest criticism:

- I do detect a bit of City 17's layout, whether that's a replica you've made yourself or a token inspiration from beta210, try to do a little bit experimenting. The unique part thus far is the statue, but I'm sure you've got a good few ideas in mind. It has good room for being unique on its own in this semi-ruined landscape.
- If you are going the cold climate route, take care with the icicles on the statue. I'm not sure if you plan on adding snow or more icicles but it might be weird having them on their own and nowhere else :p
- Since it's the loyalist sector being shown to us up the top there, do you think these walls might be better suited in a more decaying environment that's farther apart from the loyalists area? They might look really uncomfortably close to each other.
- I like your mixture of HL2 BETA and retail elements. Though there's a warning I must give: don't overdo it too much, or you might end up with people screaming at you about "muh immersion."

I'm eager to see where your map goes, it looks cool and you have a lot of passion for this project.
I do get people saying it looks like a c17's layout, I did use a reference to make this possible while c17 had the same design as Bulgarians build design. I did ask if it's ok if I used an e3 map as a reference and I did build around it, the plaza will look similar to the e3 terminal but it won't look like it's literally the same terminal hotel, train station will be replaced with a giant combine's compound consisting a gate and a wall leading to the compounds. the road I'm going for is a similar road as the e3 terminal but edited, there will be a train station and an industrial; the industrial I'm hoping to make a large factory consisting of some smaller ones.
 
Keep going, my friend. This gamemode needs more maps and people with both the mindset and willingness to build them up. In which case, I will offer some friendly and honest criticism:

- I do detect a bit of City 17's layout, whether that's a replica you've made yourself or a token inspiration from beta210, try to do a little bit experimenting. The unique part thus far is the statue, but I'm sure you've got a good few ideas in mind. It has good room for being unique on its own in this semi-ruined landscape.
- If you are going the cold climate route, take care with the icicles on the statue. I'm not sure if you plan on adding snow or more icicles but it might be weird having them on their own and nowhere else :p
- Since it's the loyalist sector being shown to us up the top there, do you think these walls might be better suited in a more decaying environment that's farther apart from the loyalists area? They might look really uncomfortably close to each other.
- I like your mixture of HL2 BETA and retail elements. Though there's a warning I must give: don't overdo it too much, or you might end up with people screaming at you about "muh immersion."

I'm eager to see where your map goes, it looks cool and you have a lot of passion for this project.
I did ask about using a retailed map as a reference and people say it was fine. but it doesn't really look like b210 anymore on the edits I made it barely looks like b210, the only thing you will think it looks like b210 is the 3 buildings that are completed enhanced and are the ones I'm keeping.

On making an industrial sector for the industrialist to live in while loyalist sector is for...well what the server thinks which job is the highest but I find the stereographers as the highest job in the union, I'm going to make a few combine outposts for cps to live in and a combined sector which all the downtrodden and poor live in bad conditions.
 
Last edited:
Excuse me as i pick up the pieces of my mind that just blew when i saw the interactible drawers.
For real tho, you nailed the cold atmosphere of the map. And the interior shots are really well done ! Your attention to details makes the map stand out even more, wich i really like. Good job !
 
Sorry to revive an old post and left this to rot, I'm currently working on a bigger project, including a completely new map, and server, I won't be posting here anymore except on my roleplay server project, that I won't link any details here. you can find it in the hl2rp hub.
 
Back
Top