CITY 57 - BRUSSELS, BELGIUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawakun

Radio Bob Approved

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

:> LOADING DATA PACKET...
:> RETRIEVING FOUND DATA, ANALYSING...

[||||||||||||]

:> 1 FILE TRACKED, DECRYPT?

[Y/N]

:> DECRYPTING...

:> FILE DECRYPTED SUCCESSFULLY.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
CITY 57 | CMB SS314 MANUFACTURING LOC
1592005695341.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A heavily industrial complex, City 57 is the powerhouse when it comes to Combine technology production. The fabrication of CMB technologies are far from scarce due to its dozens of large civilian-ran factories located throughout the city. City 57's prime goal is the transformation of Brussels, as heavily war torn as it is, the city required extensive amounts of 'rebuilding', at the cost of a rapid rate of technology manufacturing, various pylons have been erected in the city to provide extensive amounts of power, with several power lines set up all across the city. Held at the center of the city is the main source of power, a power plant of sorts, producing the energy needed to power most of the city's operations.

1591998493761.png

This power plant also doubles as a Nexus for City 57 Overwatch, it contains an entire military force alongside its power production, and is located in the center of the city. A wide perimeter surrounding the plant is completely restricted to citizens, and is accessed by Overwatch or Civil Protection only, unless citizens are carried through this zone via prisoner transport. It is unknown what power is exactly produced within the central plant, it is known that it takes on a green hue, and can be clearly seen as it disperses across the bundles of wiring throughout the city. Gigantic electrical roars are heard charging up from time to time within the walls of the citizen restricted zone, occuring at random intervals, it is thought that the central Plant is responsible for these sounds, possibly charging up substations from its base and dispersing energy from them across the city. East and West of the city are two small pockets where anti-civil activity is quite prominent, disallowing the production of pylons in those areas, alongside losing more Combine control in those areas entirely.

1592000679527.png

| - City Border

| - Restricted Zone w/ lighter red being areas with high count of anti-civil activity.

1591999939450.png - Pylon locations w/ | being power connections. (Not necessary on the actual map, just a small extra detail)

The power grid of City 57 follows no specific pattern, and is simply a temporary solution until enough work has been put into restoring Brussels into a more 'Combine-appropriate' location, some power lines blindly cut through buildings and are placed wherever possible with nothing else taken into consideration. The operation to transform Brussels fully will not be complete without both areas of hevay anti-civil activity being flushed out, which they may soon shall be. If one bundle of wiring is cut, it may have a devastating effect on most of the grid, therefore all of the connecting wires are extensively guarded and encased, with any detected problems immediately being dealt with, most maintanence work is conducted by trained civilian workers, with help of 'strider' units, repurposed for construction uses.
HIGH PRIORITY REPURPOSED STRUCTURES

1592083019096.png

• LOCATION DESIGNATED 'EU HEADQUARTERS', REPURPOSED FOR C57 CIVIL ADMINISTRATION USES
  • CIVIL PROTECTION NEXUS CONSTRUCTED FROM REMAINS OF LOCATION, BUILDING DESIGNATED "TOWN HALL" REPURPOSED FOR CAB USE, REBUILT FOR CMB NEEDS.

PRE-CMB EVALUATION: LOCATION APPEARED HEAVILY DEFENDED, PRIMARY LOCATION FOR PRE-WAR UNION DESIGNATED 'EUROPEAN UNION'.
    4 PERSONS RELATING TO UNION EXTRACTED, 2 EXPUNGED, 2 DETAINED AND REPURPOSED INTO C57 CAB. HIGHEST PRIORITY MEMBER: SASSOLI, DAVID. OTHER MEMBERS: [SEE 'C57 EX-EU CAB' INFO LOG] ANY OTHER EX-EU MEMBER LOCATIONS AND STATUS UNKNOWN.

1592085245462.png

• LOCATION DESIGNATED 'NATO HEADQUARTERS', REBUILT AND REPURPOSED.
  • SECONDARY OVERWATCH NEXUS, HOUSING FOR CIVIL ADMINISTRATION MEMBERS.
  • CAPITAL BUILDING OF C57, PROPAGANDA BROADCASTING CONTROL.
PRE-CMB EVALUATION: SUPER HEAVY DEFENSE, CRITICAL LOCATION IN CAPTURING OF SS314, ALL NON-MILITARY PERSONELL EVACUATED, LOCATION UNKNOWN, MILITARY PERSONELL STATUS: [UNCALCULATED, ESTIMATE: 2M+] EXPUNGED, [UNCALCULATED, ESTIMATE: 1.5M] DETAINED AND RE-TRAINED INTO OTA AND CONSCRIPT SERVICES, JUDGED BASED ON PSYCHOLIGICAL EVALUATION AND BACKGROUND.

C57 MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION:

• CAPITAL LOCATION FOR RAILWAY SYSTEM CONNECTING TO 'THE HAGUE', CITY 58. MID-WAY POINT FOR SUPPLIES TRANSFERRING TO EAST SECTOR 15 URB LOCS.
  • C58 MASS CHEMICAL SUPPLIER.
  • SECTOR 15 CMB TECHNOLOGIES MASS SUPPLIER.
  • LARGEST CIVIL POPULATION IN SECTOR 15, [ANTI-CITIZEN INDIVIDUALS UNACCOUNTED FOR].
  • CAB MEMBERS OF HIGH PRIORITY [DEFENDED AT ALL COSTS]

woah-png.866

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

:> EXIT FILE?

[
Y/N]

:> EXITING...

Attachments

• 1591995684719.png
    1591995684719.png
    786.7 KB · Views: 4
  • woah.png
    woah.png
    39 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
What about EU and NATO HQ? Given those would be hugely important targets during the SHW and make Brussels important for any post-war efforts (with all the important people present from all over Europe and military personnel from NATO members). I feel that not mentioning any of those is a huge waste of potential.

Another idea I toyed with is the fact Brussels is Belgium's railway hub: every train in Belgium basically goes to or from Brussels. Belgium is curently also a logistical transit country for stuff going North/South from/to Netherlands/Germany to/from France/South Europe. With The Hague being a major logistics & food center, I'd expect Belgium to be the gateway to get all that food to South Europe.

Or maybe you can even take it further and extend the area to stretch the entire Ghent - Antwerp - Brussels triangle. Post-BM this area could have been kept relatively free of Xen wildlife due to the already dense population (only to increase as other parts of the world would empty out - those people need somewhere to go). Would provide a lot of space to do fun stuff... City 57 could even be more of a group of Enclaves connected by rail to each other (as by other City standards, none of those three Cities is really 'big'). Could also include Antwerp's chemistry industry in here (The Hague needs its chemicals to come from somewhere, right?)

What about EU and NATO HQ? Given those would be hugely important targets during the SHW and make Brussels important for any post-war efforts (with all the important people present from all over Europe and military personnel from NATO members). I feel that not mentioning any of those is a huge waste of potential.

Another idea I toyed with is the fact Brussels is Belgium's railway hub: every train in Belgium basically goes to or from Brussels. Belgium is curently also a logistical transit country for stuff going North/South from/to Netherlands/Germany to/from France/South Europe. With The Hague being a major logistics & food center, I'd expect Belgium to be the gateway to get all that food to South Europe.

Or maybe you can even take it further and extend the area to stretch the entire Ghent - Antwerp - Brussels triangle. Post-BM this area could have been kept relatively free of Xen wildlife due to the already dense population (only to increase as other parts of the world would empty out - those people need somewhere to go). Would provide a lot of space to do fun stuff... City 57 could even be more of a group of Enclaves connected by rail to each other (as by other City standards, none of those three Cities is really 'big'). Could also include Antwerp's chemistry industry in here (The Hague needs its chemicals to come from somewhere, right?)

Uh-huh, yeah you have some good points, if I have the time tonight I'll get right back onto this and edit in some extra information that I could definitely have added, thanks for your suggestions. Allow me some more time to work on this article, I'm definitely going to take some of those suggestions into account. I haven't really taken pre-war details and information into account whilst doing this one, makes sense why I thought this one was lacking compared to all my others. Cheers!

Edited with lots of juicy extra info.

Edit: Also cool music woo woo

Last edited:
A heavily industrial complex, City 57 is the powerhouse when it comes to Combine technology production. The fabrication of CMB technologies are far from scarce due to its dozens of large civilian-ran factories located throughout the city. City 57's prime goal is the transformation of Brussels, as heavily war torn as it is, the city required extensive amounts of 'rebuilding', at the cost of a rapid rate of technology manufacturing, various pylons have been erected in the city to provide extensive amounts of power, with several power lines set up all across the city. Held at the center of the city is the main source of power, a power plant of sorts, producing the energy needed to power most of the city's operations.

Not seen this before within other cities, proves uniqueness within. Unsure if this is what the Combine would focus on even after a near decade and a half's worth of occupation, but this is the only thing that raises an eyebrow. But moving on...

This power plant also doubles as a Nexus for City 57 Overwatch, it contains an entire military force alongside its power production, and is located in the center of the city. A wide perimeter surrounding the plant is completely restricted to citizens, and is accessed by Overwatch or Civil Protection only, unless citizens are carried through this zone via prisoner transport. It is unknown what power is exactly produced within the central plant, it is known that it takes on a green hue, and can be clearly seen as it disperses across the bundles of wiring throughout the city. Gigantic electrical roars are heard charging up from time to time within the walls of the citizen restricted zone, occuring at random intervals, it is thought that the central Plant is responsible for these sounds, possibly charging up substations from its base and dispersing energy from them across the city. East and West of the city are two small pockets where anti-civil activity is quite prominent, disallowing the production of pylons in those areas, alongside losing more Combine control in those areas entirely.

I will argue that you've saved yourself some edits considering you've merged the NEXUS with the powerplant. I'm certain most NEXHAPS actually run on dark energy reactors. But not everything is the same with the Combine at least. However I am in firm belief you're taking the route of Vortigaunts being used as a power harness like what was seen in HL:A. Due to resistance occupience actively stopping Combine operations here, this city will be marked red with unrest.

1592000679527.png

| - City Border

| - Restricted Zone w/ lighter red being areas with high count of anti-civil activity.

1591999939450.png

- Pylon locations w/ | being power connections. (Not necessary on the actual map, just a small extra detail)

The power grid of City 57 follows no specific pattern, and is simply a temporary solution until enough work has been put into restoring Brussels into a more 'Combine-appropriate' location, some power lines blindly cut through buildings and are placed wherever possible with nothing else taken into consideration. The operation to transform Brussels fully will not be complete without both areas of hevay anti-civil activity being flushed out, which they may soon shall be. If one bundle of wiring is cut, it may have a devastating effect on most of the grid, therefore all of the connecting wires are extensively guarded and encased, with any detected problems immediately being dealt with, most maintanence work is conducted by trained civilian workers, with help of 'strider' units, repurposed for construction uses.

Very nice. Will argue the city's power linage is quite vulnerable and potentially one of the more attractive areas for resistance activity when the map becomes actively utilised by the community.

As for the rest of the current In-Character stuff below the map, I accept that City 57 is linked with City 58 accordingly and other parts of the European Sectors. I acknowledge Sector 15 being majorly involved in its operations and the city's productions. I am in firmness of accepting this after careful analysis over the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back