Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CLC, CPRD and the IMS

Devistral

Combine Main
ENG
Administrator
GALUNGA
Joined
Apr 14, 2022
Messages
243
Hey all, quick question!

When you first joined Willard and saw either the CLC, CPRD or IMS were you aware of what they did on an OOC basis? Was it easy to find the forum pages for the lore of the factions or did you need to have another player tell you what it was and what they did?


​
 
Solution
To make this clearer:

CLC, CPRD, IMS have existed since 2019. Question being asked is to assess how many were or are aware of their existence and usage both prior and after the District 9 incident as some called it.
To make this clearer:

CLC, CPRD, IMS have existed since 2019. Question being asked is to assess how many were or are aware of their existence and usage both prior and after the District 9 incident as some called it.
 
Solution
Last I saw from the CLC / CPRD was in the 2022 i17 Event and IMS I havent known of until this map change :blanky:
 
I knew about CPRD (and last I saw any significant existence of it was during the i17 event) when the rising sun event happened. No clue what CLC is. And IMS I’ve heard before in passing but have never really heard or seen anything else about it until last night some femchar with [IMS specialist pin] was walking around

Really it seems like these factions just serve to be a way for someone to be a über high-rank event character be like ‘/me flashes cprd badge. “Hello mr Anderson…”
 
Last edited:
It took me a while too, but I've been in CMRU for a while so I have a better direct experience from the rest of the community, excluding the civil administration faction players. I should start by saying yes, it's not straightforward at all, but this arises the question whether they have to be or not, and my answer is no. Not many players need to be aware of CLCs and CPRDs existence, structure and responisibilities other than a few who handles the logistics and production respectively. Would it be way more clear and intuitive if we merged them, dedicated a forum post or actively use them? Of course. But that's not the point I guess. As long as CWU and CMRU management can keep a track of what serves what purpose, I see no issues here.
 
The CLC & CPRD were involved since the very beginning of Willard's official relaunching in 2021 during District Forty Seven, usually both of those organisations have a common ground relationship between the two and often work together for a variety of reasons with minimal tension. You can read up about the history of the organisation being involved in the server in a full in-character purpose with a link I'll post. It's as old as the community itself, so it isn't any wonder why it had such an effect on the server.


It was (and still is) an in-character group that drove objectives everywhere they went when involved with a few server plotlines, but the most fun we had with them was in Short Stories during Rising Sun & Project Venus. It's likely super outdated by now and a few people in it have probably moved on from HL2RP or are just really inactive rn.

We weren't involved much with anything involving the IMS - except for District Nine though each were separate and it was the CPRD that withdrew from the map quite early since their objectives involving the infestation was finished. But the general perceptions where people talk about them being Matrix Agent characters; I have to admit - there have been a few people that tried using them that way, though that was rare, and it was just off-putting when we came across them, even for the folks taking part and joining it IC.

But that was ages ago.
 
I knew about the CLC and CPRD since District 47.

I did not know about the IMS until District 6, or District 9, I forgot the name, but I was OTA lead then and I was STILL
"Who the fuck is the IMS."
 
I was wholly unaware of the existence of the IMS until RedHotGinger's expedition where we went off escorting a train carrying a IMS shipment in the outlands. The CPRD I was vaguely aware of their existence but had next next to no knowledge of their lore, and the CLC I had only ever heard about after the events of District 9, least I think it was 9, whichever one had the bus station and such.

Overall would say their lore is probably not all that easy to find, but at the same time I imagine the average shitizen probably isn't all that aware of them to begin with so like, it's a big whatever from me. Personally enjoy finding out these kind of things icly rather then sift through forum posts.
 
Back
Top