Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

COLLAPSE. (18th September 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
--- Section One ---
*Steam Name: vertix
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:58254963
*Discord Name & ID: vertix#9343
*Timezone: CST (GMT-6)

--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: SWIFT-7 (or any tagline I can think of)
*Brief summary of the character: Member of the OTA. Could be regular, shotgunner, or EOW. I don't mind. Whatever you guys need, I'll play.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Less of a hassle than playing a more in-depth character, so I can still provide atmosphere and look cool while doing so. Won't impede on my activity either.

--- Section One ---
*Steam Name: wraygun5
*Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:168504023
*Discord Name & ID:
Wraygun#4650
*Timezone: GMT 2+

--- Section Two ---

• *Character Name: Daumantas Kazimieras. // RL.STICK-2​
  • *Brief summary of the character:
  • Born and raised in Klaipėda, Daumantas was never eager to leave his homeland at all. He lived a modest lifestyle and never felt the need to affirm himself. However, this was changed by the war and soon, he was able to make use of the weak sense of authority he has received as a ground unit during his early days. While not overly zealous with the protocols and rules, the time he served in City 14 (Warszawa/Warsaw) inspired him a rather strict sense of duty that still doesn't match his rather discontent attitude with things. As he rose up through the ranks, nothing much changed regarding his operational integrity, as he was the leader and a relatively well-respected figure throughout the force.

• Although a high-rank within the force, he still holds some rather controversial opinions that would be considered outrageous if ever voiced loudly. A strong sense of discontentment lies within his true motifs when it comes to the Combine as a whole. Despite his beliefs, he was always ready to do everything that lied in his might while inducing a strong sense of esprit de corps within the local force.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: To experience a rather peculiar approach of the civil protection faction and to provide others with a rather interesting approach regarding civil protection.​
--- Section Three (Optional) ---
  • Tell us about yourself: No.​
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Not at all; I've been here before the first release, and was one of the many Terranova refugees that got here. I do consider myself a seasoned player on this community due to the sheer amount of time I've spent with this community.​
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: With plenty of players that I've met on other communities, as well as people who are holding an important leadership position regarding faction management.​

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: My Man
  • *Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:93978068
  • *Discord Name & ID: MY MAN#0010
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Viktor "Vic" Sokolov.
  • *Brief summary of the character: A downtrodden male with a rather "cheery" apperance, mostly due to the morale at the time. He had studied medicine since before the occupation which made him experienced in the medical field when the combine arrived and made everything harder. Due to his medical knowledge, he's mainly been taken part as a "Combat Medic."
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I'm interrested to participate in the Short Stories event, getting to interact and have a sense of what an "uprising" event would be like. Giving some RP oppurtunities and getting some "combat" action.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: No, I've been here since launch.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Many people, some of them being Wraygun, Bongos, McTiddies and many others.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The technology, storyline and lore.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: J.D. "Rookie"
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:139631753
  • *Discord Name & ID: brush him#9578
  • *Timezone: Pacific Daylight Time
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Jacob A. Hibbler
  • *Brief summary of the character: Jacob is a character that I've had for a year and then some, in both my active and inactive time on the server, and for nearly seven years beyond Willard Networks. He has survived chapter three and onward of the Long Haul, the War of Pure Mountain, the Malignance Zone, and many other terrible places and events. He has been aptly named the Resilient Composer for this reason.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Cause he's fun to play, and it simply seems appropriate to utilize him for an event such as this one. If the previous events failed to kill him, maybe this one will succeed.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): In the days that LONG preceded the Uprising, he went by a different name. Jackson Manning. He was a mere child of no practical use to anyone, and he lived an innocent life, albeit with an uncaring father and a distant mother. His brother Kennedy was his only source of warmth. On a cold and dank day, he and his family ventured to the top of Pure Mountain for a trip with ramifications they had not anticipated.
A reverberation could be heard throughout the sky, vibrating off the mountain and awakening suppressed fear - and something else. The damp mountain top provided an excellent view to a crack that formed in the sky. And then in that moment, as the crimson light burst from the clouds, his vision cleared away and the last thing he heard - and remembered - was the horrible scream and a distant, vibrant whir of passing, flying synths.

When he awakened, he did not know anything. The world was consumed in darkness and overrun with unusual beings that no human could recognize. He had only his satchel, an old switchblade, his clothes, and an old book simply titled 'Tales of Jacob Axel', signed by a German author named Hibbler.

The name seemed to resonate with the boy. With nothing else to call himself, he took on the name and wandered into the wastes.

• Tell us about yourself: Lick butthole, nerd.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yes. I've only been here for a year and a few months. I'm very new.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: No, I only know everybody.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Well, let's see. There's the mystery factor, the fun gameplay, the interesting story, the fascinating concepts, and the incredible developers. But for me it's gotta be the inane questions thrown at me about why I like Half-Life.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Kawa
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:128909874
  • *Discord Name & ID: Kawa2 #4810
  • *Timezone: GMT +1
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Meghan Fenton
  • *Brief summary of the character: A valiant fighter and respected rebel soldier, Meghan has been running with the resistance for longer than she can remember, her life before the 7-hour-war she does not remember, all she knows is that she must fight for the rebellion's cause, for humanities cause. She is 22 years old, has brown short hair and green eyes, and stands at a rather average height of 5'7, her associates have always described her as sweet, friendly but hard-working and an essential fighter to any group, she is a tactical thinker and will always step in when needed. Even after inflicting several injuries and coming close to multiple near death experiences, she continues to fight to this day.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To experience the aftermath of the Nova Prospekt takeover and the beginning of the uprising from a rebel's POV, and to experience the feeling of hopelessness as the rebels are slowly pushed back by Civil Protection, and add to the atmosphere of the battle. Even if my character barely survives long enough I feel it would still feel like such a great experience to by a part of. I wanted this to be a new character as I'd never know if my current one would survive to this point or not, and especially if he'd even ever join the resistance.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Sin
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40760872
  • *Discord Name & ID: Sin#4746
  • *Timezone: EST (UTC-5)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: C24:i2.DEFENDER-9
  • *Brief summary of the character: Shi Jingyi initially joined Civil Protection out of a genuine love for the Universal Union and a desire to protect herself and her family. Though life was never easy for the family, the functionary's performance was above average; thusly, she was able to keep her family in relative comfort and even form a civil partnership with another functionary. The sudden and violent uprising, however, has left her family's whereabouts unknown and her partner KIA. In such turbulent times, the functionary's demeanour and loyalty to the Universal Union is being tested to its very limits. D-9 stands at the precipice of going rogue; a fact not lost on sector Overwatch, who monitor her closely behind the curtain. Will Shi break under the enormous pressure bearing down on her, or emerge from the crucibles of war harder and stronger than before?
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I wish to examine the possibility of one of my current characters, i5.DEFENDER-9, further along their career path and under immense strain; to see how a complete and total idealist would react when their entire world was being threatened. I find the possibilities to be interesting, especially if Civil Protection takes a more brutal approach to the rebels either under Overwatch's command or on their own.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): Not included.
  • Tell us about yourself: My name is Sin; I'm currently a healthcare worker involved in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic worldwide. I enjoy writing both in RP and on the side and am always intent on telling a new story.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yes! I joined the community during the beta, but was unable to return until several weeks after launch. I'm having a ton of fun!
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I've met a few people. I tend to count a handful among the ones I'm most familiar with; namely, Memesky, Votton, The Milkman, Khelvor, and hawke.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The theme of oppression clashing with hope. Humanity rising as one collective after being united due to the actions of a single man is a truly inspiring story. With Freeman's example, humanity uses their icon as a catalyst to galvanize themselves; to inspire men and women from all walks of life to unite in the defence of their homeland and to avoid extinction at all costs. Similarly, there are a great many who genuinely believe in the Universal Union, be it the UU having been all they have ever known or a true belief in ascending beyond mortal barriers. With the death of Breen and Overwatch forces on Earth rapidly falling apart, those supporters are finding themselves to be truly tested for the first time in the reign of the UU. Those who stick to their principles more often than not find themselves searching for reasons to do so in a day and age when switching sides and joining the rebels is easier than ever. This clash of ideals is something I find immensely interesting; and hope to explore by entry into this event.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Phoenix
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14828021
  • *Discord Name & ID: Phoenix#6944
  • *Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: OWS.STORM-08
  • *Brief summary of the character: A typical member of the Transhuman Arm. They are not a veteran of the force by any means, but another standard grunt capable of participating in squad tactics and wiping out Resistance Cells. They, as many of the others amongst the Transhuman Arm, are calm, collected, and precise.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I don't have an Overwatch whitelist yet, but I am preparing to apply within the next cycle and feel like this would be the perfect time to get into the swing of things without being in the regular server. I have played OTA many times in the past, and even ran ops in the outlands while leading squads in other servers. I understand if I were to be declined for not having a whitelist, and hope to prove myself in the future through an application regardless.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): They do not have, nor remember any of their history before becoming Overwatch, thus it is completely irrelevant. They are just the same as their comrades in arms, and act in file emotionlessly to maintain squad cohesion and mission completion.
  • Tell us about yourself: I've been around Garry's Mod for a very long time, since about 2010 if I had to guess off the top of my head. I have been staff on numerous other servers and have ran a couple communities on my own. I am a mechanic IRL and race motorcycles (ik cool right B) ) and like to think I am a very patient person capable of dealing with situations when things go sour.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Yes. I only joined about a month ago. I am glad I found this server, since it had been a LONG time since I'd played HL2RP last.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes. I'm decent friends with a few people around the community, and participated in the Synergy Willard Gaming nights and got to meet some of the staff and fart around with them, it was quite fun.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: I think the story and world building around Half Life to me is the best part. Valve did a great job at leaving many questions unanswered about the Combine, G-Man, and the inner workings of everything. They've built us a perfect world to RP in and create our own lore operating around their fluid guidelines they had set. I enjoy Combine lore the most and have pretty much always played as Civil Protection or Overwatch on every single server I've ever joined.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Perseus
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:185865557
  • *Discord Name & ID: Ph4nlom(XL)adm#2816
  • *Timezone: AEDT(Australian eastern daylight time)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Samuel Star
  • *Brief summary of the character: Young adult that was born in 1994 in Yakutiya Russia, had a alright childhood until the 7 hour war, his family was a True believer in communist also thought that land was a tribe earned not bought through the community, for this he has learnt combat skills taught by his parents and cousins, learn basic skills in weapon usage since he was only taught hand to hand combat before the 7 hour war, he has grown a hatred towards the UU and the benefactors always getting in trouble, mugging collaborators and supporting the anti-citizens or rebels for a place to hide and service, he has always wanted to become a rebel get out there and do something but has always waited until the time was right
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I've always had this character on standby for a short story, i have play him a few times in city 24 for some character development and knowledge as a start point for his story, he is a anti citizen that i have started with 100 SC and has role-played for his verdicts so he has something to talk about or as i said character development.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): Samuel Star a boy raised in Yakutiya Russia in a small town bought by the community, he's family is a strong believer in communism but has always thought of land as a tribe earned achievement not bought by business people, thought out his childhood his family has taught him hand to hand combat as a family tradition at the age of 10 and his cousins has taught him how to use a rifle when he was 16 and mature enough, of course all good things end badly and a few years later the black mesa accident happened and the world went into panic followed by the 7 hour war a few years later, he was in hiding during the 7 hour war a few km north in an other town called Respublika Sakha, he spent most of his years there until the development of the 17 citadel was just taking place(during half-life alyx) he was taken in a city near by called 34 before it was unstable, he was relocated around Europe and landed in city 24(current time line) where he had enough of the UU and started retaliating getting himself in trouble, he than realized that he could be helping small rebel gang and hiding and service to prove he's loyalty to the up-raising, after this he was than relocated to the current city where this short story takes place.
  • Tell us about yourself: Australian bloke that started to get into half-life again during school, not much really about myself than i'm kind,like to be dedicated to things i like so i am a dedicated player of Willard
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I wouldn't say i am new even though it's highlighted in red but I've been apart of Willard networks since the release of the half-life 2 server not beta, proper release of the server i think the 2nd or 3rd day really and have been playing i think every single week so far and love it, been fairly active on the forums and dont think i'll stop any time soon
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I know a few people in wilards network mainly in game, me and Hades speak a lot and i know he quite well and my roller squad, i know people in there and we talk sometimes in discord and game
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: I love the lore been a fan of it for ages i love how it was constructed and how the community just adds to it, it's like a book and i love reading all the sci-fi things about it very different from other lores and well i leads up to many things for people to make, RP servers, games everything you can really think of

Last edited:
--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Fiery
  • *Steam ID: My Steam 64 ID 76561198120414264 and my Steam 32 ID STEAM_0:0:80074268
  • *Discord Name & ID: Fiery#1260
  • *Timezone: MST
--- Section Two ---

• *Character Name: C17:i3.SHIELD-1 (Rowan Felan)
  • *Brief summary of the character: An Irish-American man with dirty blonde hair. He is a protective man as hence why he joined the civil protection, hoping to protect civilians and fellow units alike. He's a generally composed and calm, but firm individual. He usually tries to mediate any situation.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I've played as a Civil Protection officer once, and I really enjoyed it at the time, and I was actually surprised I wasn't bored when I did it. I wanna try and play as a unit of the Civil Protection once again with a character who may have morality issues down the line as to what his goal is going to be.
    Full Backstory (Optional): (I would do it, but I don't have time. Apologies.)

• Tell us about yourself: I used to be a group leader on another server, and most recently I am happily a member of the Short Stories team.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: No, I don't think so anymore. I'm familiar with it now.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Quite a few people now, some are players, some are staff, and a few are friends from other communities.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The atmosphere, lore, and environment that you get to see through canon and non-canon means. I just find that seeing ruins of stone overtaken by vines or watching a sunset in an apocalyptic setting to be quite the beautiful site.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: sups,gg
  • *Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:573971238
  • *Discord Name & ID:ShiroOgotaUltimateAttorney #0593
  • *Timezone: GMT +8
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Nicholai Simonov
  • 1631456012922.png
  • *Brief summary of the character: Nicholai Ivan Simonov is a 45-year-old Soldier who enjoys relaxing, reading and badminton. He is brave and bright, but can also be very sneaky and a bit Creepy. He is Russian. Nicholai is in pretty good shape. He is average-height 5'3 with bronze skin, brown hair and green eyes. He grew up in Dagestan Russia.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I always want participate at the Short Stories events

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Black Flag
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID: Black Flag 2823
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: SPEAR-3
  • *Brief summary of the character: Fighting with the rest of the soldiers with religious devotion during the downfall.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I love Overwatch.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): An Overwatch Soldier.
  • Tell us about yourself: 😳
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: No.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Overwatch.

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name: Dej
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68827315
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dej | VICTOR-1 /// ShockyC#0978
  • *Timezone: SGT (GMT+8)
--- Section Two ---

• *Character Name: ###.##.KING-1
  • *Brief summary of the character: An American Civil Protection officer who stands at 6'0" and having served in the C17-D47 Garrison along with Summit 24, but he was quickly relocated to City 10 in a desperate bid for reinforcements. He's trained in Heavy-Munition and Ordnance Handling and often is seen carrying around said Heavy-Weapons, if asked about why, he claims that it makes him feel 'Safer'. He often acts like a pessimist due to the many years of service within Civil-Protection, having been on the receiving end of many of the worst aspects of it.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: This is basically my CP char from V1, while I'm aware that all V1 char dev has been voided due to the massive restructuring, I'd like to use this as an opportunity to continue my V1 char and possibly end it here since this Story is not connected to lore.

• Tell us about yourself: I am Overwatch Faction main, I play CP and Dispatch the most. Cope and Seethe.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Nop, joined during SS Long Haul Chap 4 onwards
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Plenty
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Overwatch Faction

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Kappatalist
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:86900379
  • *Discord Name & ID: Kappatalist#7669
  • *Timezone: Bri'ish (BST)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Sophia Kauffman
  • *Brief summary of the character: A refugee pushed into the combat medic role during her time in Russia. Largely a pacifist with some weapons familiarity.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I'd like to continue to improve on my medrp, additionally some closure for my old short stories characters.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): Sophia Kauffman grew up in the outskirts of the city of Leipzig in East Germany, being born in 1983. She would grow up learning Russian and German, never quite learning English until much later in life. There is little to note of her childhood and early adulthood, aside from working various jobs of little importance in her home town. By the time she had turned twenty-one she was first aid trained, and when the portal storms first began she was relocated to the city proper and taken into the local clinic as emergency staff whilst Humanity buckled from the Xenian invasion. She worked here until the portal storms were used as a means of transportation for the Combine, taking over the planet in a brief seven hours. First she was moved to Berlin, and then once more to City Fifty Two, or Saint Petersburg where she would again end up as a refugee fleeing war.

• Sophia would find herself conscripted by the Russian resistance there during this time, providing much needed medical treatment to wounded soldiers and aiding in the construction of a field hospital during a pivotal battle against the Combine. Following her disillusionment with the Russian command, she slipped away one night. Travelling by her own as she had done once again as a refugee.
  • Tell us about yourself: Started hl2rp on Terranova, and now I'm a cute bald nurse in CMU.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Nope
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Mostly friends from TN, though some CMU staff too
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The story telling and atmosphere.

--- Section One ---

*Steam Name:
Steffan Gaming™
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:201739431
*Discord Name & ID: Steffan Wilhelm#4013
*Timezone: GMT / BST (UK)

--- Section Two ---

*Character Picture:
Sheckley.jpg

*Character Name:

Atryom Fedorov Jr

*Brief summary of the character:
He is thirty-five years old and grew up in Soviet Berlin. He stands at 6'2, with emerald green eyes and light brown hair that was usually cut short.

He is a very self-centered and blunt individual, believing he is always in the right. His father taught him everything he knows about weapons, how to use a rifle, and properly aim it. He is an excellent shot with rifles. However, he believes any weaponry other than a rifle to be inferior.

*Why do you want to play this character?:
I want to play this character because it would give me an excellent opportunity to have insight into how a rebellion would go according to Willard lore. I also want to play a rebel character for the first time.
I also think this character would try to bring some comedic relief to the battlefield to try and motivate his fellow resistance members. I also believe that this character and his backstory would make him be adequately inspired to join the resistance.

*Full Backstory (Optional):
From birth, he was taught his rebellious nature by his grandfather. He often told stories about fighting Nazi Germany in world war two, as he was a part of a significant resistance movement in Berlin from 1941 to 1945. He enjoyed listening to his Grandfather's stories and the minor details that went into every operations plan. Due to this meticulous planning, almost every operation was a success. However, his Grandfather wasn't the only one who served in a war. Artyom's Father later became a Sergeant in the Soviet Union's grand army. He was raising Artyom in a law above all else environment. Artyom's Father treated Artyom as if he were in the military, with heavy disciplinary measures. Artyom also shares the name of his Grandfather.

After the Portal storms from 2001 to 2004, Artyom had turned eighteen just before the seven-hour war. He was sleeping in his cabin on the faithful day, attempting to escape his anxieties, as his house and property were under threats by loan sharks. Luckily the war had managed to avoid his cabin narrowly. Artyom, by nothing short of a miracle, had managed to sleep through it all. So Artyom woke up like any other day and drove to town a few hours later for groceries. As he approached the outskirts of the City, he noticed a massive synthetic beast flying overhead. He'd drive by bodies and remnants of tanks. As he slowly went deeper into the destroyed City, he saw alien figures gathering survivors. However, Artyom saw something that horrified him, bringing him back to his Grandfather's stories of the Nazis. He saw these vaguely humanoid aliens gathering the elderly and young before executing them.

After dodging the gathering, he drove through the remnants of residential blocks, eventually finding the remains of his neighborhood. Then he saw his house, reduced to nothing but a pile of debris. As he laid there, attempting to make sense of it all, two of the same creatures he saw before jumped him. He realized how only by sheer luck, he managed to survive the slaughter. He was starved and slaved from this day onwards, doing labor for the Combine watching as their technology infested his home city, creating these monolithic structures resembling tumors on the land.

However, a Shimmer of hope had sparked his rebellious nature. Word had spread around that Nova Prospekt had been destroyed. It had only been forty-eight hours of this so-called "Freeman" arriving in the City. Rumors quickly rose about a newfound strength in the rebellion. He seizes his opportunity, and after a brief search, finds his local resistance cell. He joined in the operations soon after his recruitment, where he showed his valued expertise in handling a rifle and being an exceptional soldier.

Tell us about yourself:

I like to believe I am a selfless person, usually trying to help people if they need it or ask me. Like everyone, I make mistakes. However, when these mistakes are made, I go out of my way to correct and learn from them.

Are you new to Willard Networks?:
I would consider myself new to Willard as I have only played for about a month. This is also the second time I've ever got into a Serious RolePlay server. It had been quite a long time ago however since I had played the one before.

Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?:
I have made a few friends from people playing Willard networks, mostly people I knew from other communities who now play Willard.

What's your favorite thing about Half-Life?:
My favorite thing about Half-life has to be the lore and finding explanations for things that don't quite make sense at first glance. I go out of my way to find out as much as possible, closely examining in-game clues to lore. However, by far, my favorite lore piece is the mysterious G-man and the goal of his employers. I find it fascinating.

Applying for CP/RL. Currently whitelisted for the faction. OTA would also be a fine choice as it's something I have actively wanted to experience. However, if not enough slots are available for the top 3, I can always take a cannon fodder role.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Uncle
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:76288420
  • *Discord Name & ID: uncle#9534
  • *Timezone: GMT-5
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Union-3 "Chie Ishii"

• *Brief summary of the character: Union-3, a civil protection officer not unlike the most of her brethren joined up for the perks and potential quality of life increase associated with service. She always told herself that as soon as the time comes, she would take her retirement and live as a loyalist amongst the luxury.. However four years in and here she still is.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: I would love to roleplay as a older version of this character, one who has been through years of service at that point (with all of the baggage that comes with) and experience what a Civil Protection officer would view as the collapse of society.. But with a small glimmer of hope that all of this could be fixed.
  • Tell us about yourself: I'm a engaged, ex-army turned college student in the US of A. Not much else to say really, I like games?

• Are you new to Willard Networks?: Depends on the definition of "new". I've been here for around a month at this point.

• Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Honestly? Not really. I'm starting to know my Union squad mates, but further than that I haven't formed any strong ooc attachments.

• What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Half-life as a whole has always fascinated me, I remember playing the first game and being amazed by (at the time) incredible animations. Further into Half-Life 2, I became enthralled by the world. Everything seemed "Fleshed out" so to speak, I remember spending literal hours in the plaza section (hey I was a kid when it came out, don't judge) staring at the technology and scanners. I was too young at the time to understand the story further than face value, but as I grew the overwhelming feeling of dystopia opened doors for me to start wanting to roleplay in it. Leading me to here many years down the line.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Gyran
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:84769456
  • *Discord Name & ID: Gyran#2782
  • *Timezone: GMT+1 (EU Central)
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: CXX:i1.XRAY-6/JURY-3 (I know we don't use XRAY on this server but It's a canonic tagline so... alternatively I'll just be JURY-3)

• *Brief summary of the character: Your cookie-cutter civil protection unit. Born in the outskirts of former Warsaw and successively relocated to the nearest urban center at the beginning of the combine occupation of Earth, he was raised with a strict christian catholic set of values that characterize him to this very day.
  • After a short time spent running a utility store in city 2, he found himself inside the force and got relocated to city 17 where he currently serves.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: I'm deliberately playing as a not very in-depth character since it would not make much sense for me to roleplay as my actual unit. I want to participate in this event, taking it as a sort of "break" from the routine rp of the main server, and contribute to this short story with a brand new character that I wish to develop and potentially use in future events if it survives.
  • Tell us about yourself: I was introduced to serious HL2RP back in 2018. I'm currently an active Civil Protection unit and dispatcher. I'm also a S2K zealot.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I joined Willard during the most recent opening. I don't consider myself new to the community, but I'm definitely not a veteran either.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I'm now familiar with quite a lot of people in this community, as I'm sure they are familiar with me. Too many to list though.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half-Life?: My favorite thing about Half-Life is the insight it gives into the inner workings of the combine regime and its modus operandi.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
*Steam Name:

Fedora
*Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:40596937
*Discord Name & ID:
Fedora#7644
*Timezone:
BST / GMT

--- Section Two ---
*Character Name:

Luke Wilson
*Brief summary of the character:
d5dN7MnKfY2oV3LWymUR-ZStjI506vnXv0iDmQnXFom-FA-7WaqrFVTB8fInKehX7tGQNe0rudofGkK0ripw5KTsd_TFujq2qVht7Lpz0SQWHmykVEesjqNP0dwA-ERy53AYNcdK=s0

Luke Wilson is a character that is a southern American man who seems fit to fill into a leadership role; he has always been anti-combine and to the extreme of times; pro-human.
*Why do you want to play this character?:
I’d like to play a leadership role for the Rebels in the short-story event and I think it would be an interesting take to have a Southern American man take arms against the Universal Union.
Full Backstory (Optional):
Racist. Friend. Boss. Asshole. Freedom Fighter. Statements, words, things that Luke Wilson has been told in his life. He was born in the Southern states of the United States of America, Rockwall County, near Dallas, Texas. He grew up in a decently-rich family who owned farms around the area. Luke was prone to the racial nature of his family and became stuck in their ideals for many years.

Photo #1 - Luke Wilson in his prime, before the Black Mesa Incident.
G89w7XlDh3e89zBi2ls3c_5pBjqPBhtPn4mJpTpHAoe2g89OURqtpDsLm8Bxri0xkutL-3P45E10HF7SLN3aRM6HiUfioYvZpRSVOifkIgMfDYhcM_eS0pmJXmvxnTd2qXdg7mii=s0

There is not much to say about his life before the Black Mesa Incident. He spent the majority of that time inheriting his family business and making it run even better, and in his spare time, he went out hunting with the fellow brothers, went out drinking and kept the strangers out of his lands.

When the Black Mesa Incident came around, most of America was in chaos due to the Portal Storms that happened afterwards. For the three years that the Portal Storms were present, Wilson had travelled with his family and friends to the East Coast. Due to his past; he had not offered help to those who he considered outsiders to the United States and that did cause some conflict with the group that he was dealing with.

After surviving the Seven Hour War, Luke didn’t get relocated to any other city, no, he instead was in the hell hole of The Deep South. A place where the Combine could not even enter due to resistance activities. Luke had continued to lead his own group and during the many years of his time there, he started to realise the importance of sticking together and having more numbers, as such, he forgot his old ways.

Photo #2 - Luke Wilson during his farming days.
OUabTit14QBfiuKYQGUJZ8qn4IPpfGtEXgTz1Y1pHuTJ9ZAs5BP6HJTnpc3G8eONCPB-0HQVGf6TGT8IVZUxabtBc8rkREval61J9EK66bjvzgoKamdJD43DbegXQUkWMVF5LDsa=s0

Eventually, he made his way to City Seventeen, joining up with the Lambda Resistance. And with this, he quickly made his way up the ranks. Using his past experience to fight against the Universal Union.

--- Section One ---

*Steam Name: gfgriffialed
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:55371442
*Discord Name & ID: sand#4664
*Timezone: AEST

--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: Gyro Souvlaki
*Brief summary of the character: A Greek god. Not literally, but his gargantuan physique presents himself as a mountain, as a knight wearing a panoply of densely-packed muscle. How does he maintain such a rocking bod? Course, he gains it from torturous non-stop workout sessions and an endless surplus of nutrients. The only time he's not working out is when he's looking for a broad (or the occasional man) to chow down on, and people who judge him solely on his natural inclination for man-taste should really find something better to judge him for, like his perpetually-stoked hatred of gypsies and turks. Yes, Gyro is anti-social in the proper sense. Not that he withdraws from socialization, but that he exhibits anti-social characteristics, such as repeatedly and consistently ignoring or violating a fellow person's human rights. For Gyro is a simple breed, post-occupation life has been unkind, miserable even; being stuck collared and chained within the Universal Union goons' beating distance. The uprising has given him ample opportunity to freely indulge in his favourite past-times once again, such as; mugging passerbys, krumping anyone who looks at him in an extravagant manner, hating on select communities of people, so on and so forth.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Reckon it'd be fun to play as someone who's in it for no one but himself and nothing but himself; a true libertarian at heart. Think it'd also be some fun for others to have a character to dichotomy with.
Full Backstory (Optional): nah

Tell us about yourself: i'm a method actor. everything i do in-game i do in real life.
Are you new to Willard Networks?: no
Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: yeah
What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Viktor Antonov's art direction. Same reason Dishonored is pretty chuffed.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Nahmero
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61868768
  • *Discord Name & ID: Nahmero#0534
  • *Timezone: BST
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: SLASH-05
  • *Brief summary of the character: Just a standard Overwatch Transhuman Arm soldier, deployed where needed.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: Been a member of the OTA since August, want to enjoy some good RP in this event.
  • Full Backstory (Optional): They're an Overwatch Transhuman Arm soldier.
  • Tell us about yourself: Been playing HL2RP for a long time now.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Joined middle to the end of July.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yep.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: I like playing as the Overwatch factions (CP and OTA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back