Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CPs and CCA demanding people F3 them

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertossic

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Messages
260
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it's feedback about a general attitude Combine characters' players hold towards the F3 introduction system

The general scenario I am referring to is that after every other routine pat-down, a CP will be inclined to ask / demand that every person that applies to them F3 them. While ostensibly for OOC purposes, it often later creates later arguments in posts like appeals akin to "Well, you F3d me, so I would probably recognize you by sight as well as the sound of your voice" which is silly.

I think generally speaking CP players (and all players in general) should be encouraged to consider that this is a city of million, and an store employee will not recognize every customer that has been in there once by the sound of their voice just as little as a metrocop will be able to visually identify every single person they have ever asked for their ID in their professional careers. Many of them don't even remember what they did last week


Oh yeah for disclosure I guess p.s. : The idea to kick off this post came from seeing Hoki plead that he would recognise the voice of a perp on the radio since he had them F3d in the PK Appeal of the character Viking. Just wanted to make clear that I'm not involved in that PK or its appeal, it was simply seeing that this finnicky nature of the F3 system leads to problems in stuff like forum appeals and not just small RP gripes that moved me to put this as feedback here - This is not like a veiled attempt to discredit that justification of recognising a rebel's voice on the radio
 
If someone is refusing to F3 you just use the nickname feature lol

But yeah after just a single search or interaction, it wouldn't make sense for anyone to recognize you. After repeated interactions or searches however, I think it's fair game.
 
"The general scenario I am referring to is that after every other routine pat-down, a CP will be inclined to ask / demand that every person that applies to them F3 them. While ostensibly for OOC purposes, it often later creates later arguments in posts like appeals akin to "Well, you F3d me, so I would probably recognize you by sight as well as the sound of your voice" which is silly."

The /id feature (or whatever the command is called) will always give Civil Protection your name but always temporarily, they will never fully recongise you. Let's say you've been searched ten times by the same Civil Protection unit, perhaps F3 would be more understandable.
 
It's just that as a behaviour from players, I find CP insisting that they would recognize a citizen just by virtue of regularly searching them a bit absurd. Employees on his beat, and perpetrators, sure, but I feel like it would be more reasonable to discourage CPs from playing Rain Man with a perfect recollection of every person they come across.

When a regular citizen demands I F3 them, you can just say no, but I've had random CPs insist for minutes on end, because you can't simply walk away from interactions with them and they can keep you standing there as much as they like

I just think it doesn't contribute well to immersion, mostly. There's only at max like 60 people on the server, but the lore implication is that we're in a city of millions of people, where the metrocops are basically just thugs that don't care about you - it's hard to replicate that when half of them know you on a first-name basis.

And I think it also takes away a little from the CP who have for lack of a better word "earned it" - those that patrol the beat where my character works, call him by his name as a way to intimidate him and remind him that they've got him pegged, and maybe even put in a good word for him when he's getting arrested
 
I personally think the choice is always up to the player that is being asked to F3. AFAIK there are no rules stating you have to do this, and you are free to reject it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top