- Joined
- Sep 25, 2023
- Messages
- 90
- Thread Author
- #1
You walk through the polluted, hazy streets of the City 24 Industrial District.
In the trash, on the ground, hanging from the hands of a corpse, or in some other detestable cesspit,
you find a notebook.
You really don't care about whatever's written within,
but for some reason you're compelled to open it.
On the first page, you see the standard Combine drivel that's printed with all books.
In a bold yellow, you see the vicious Clamp, the undying symbol of the Regime.
"UNION PAPER FACTORY"
Serial No. 62-WX80085
Scrawled under, a name, in various alphabets.
דיוויד סילברשטיין
David Silverstein
スペルミス
Even if you can read the language, the Japanese is awful and illegible.
Clearly the author hasn't practiced in a long time.
The faded pages reveal their story.
In the trash, on the ground, hanging from the hands of a corpse, or in some other detestable cesspit,
you find a notebook.
You really don't care about whatever's written within,
but for some reason you're compelled to open it.
On the first page, you see the standard Combine drivel that's printed with all books.
In a bold yellow, you see the vicious Clamp, the undying symbol of the Regime.
"UNION PAPER FACTORY"
Serial No. 62-WX80085
Scrawled under, a name, in various alphabets.
דיוויד סילברשטיין
David Silverstein
スペルミス
Even if you can read the language, the Japanese is awful and illegible.
Clearly the author hasn't practiced in a long time.
The faded pages reveal their story.
One of my friends told me I should have a journal, or a diary, or whatever. I don't really remember what they said, but that doesn't matter.
I'm a senior worker in the CWU, I make jack shit.
I've lived in the district for a few months now, and it has sucked. I miss City 8. It's not all bad here, though. At least the food isn't terrible. I miss the headcrab sushi, too...
You flip through the pages, unsure of what you're looking for.
You land on one that seems to be detailing the author's friends and acquaintances.
You land on one that seems to be detailing the author's friends and acquaintances.
Notable People
"This is where I write about people I know, I guess? Sure, I'll write something."
"Varos Atkins
My boss. Bit of a hard-ass. Not a bad guy."
"Vanessa Lee
Somehow, also my boss. She's got a big nicotine issue. Her contraptions never fail to cause significant damage to my brain."
"Gilbert Haggenmacher
Asshole. Someday, he'll get what he deserves."
"Consul Beauregard
Would've been nice to know him, if
Actually, I don't think he ever liked me. He'll probably have his trans-whatever goons execute me if he sees me again."
"Freya Thiem
Haven't seen her in months. Kinda miss her. Wonder where she is now?"
"Violetta de Rossi
The only suit I know that actually seemed nice. Shame what happened to her."
"Rastaman
The Rastaman. What else is there to say? Kinda feels weird, I knew him since he was a random blue-suit and now he's a blue-band. Time flies."
"Jamie Makin
My boss. Again. 150 credits for the fridge, seriously? Blame it on Gilbert next time, you ass."
"Mallory Bloke
The Professor. He seemed like a great guy back when he was running the ICOBT. Not so sure now, though. Fraud is bad, dude.
"Marcus Oswald
The guy that owns the store I work at. He seems pretty nice, though I haven't really talked to him much. Glad he gave me the job,
otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford all my fancy stuff."
"Civil Protection
Not so bad. For some reason, I like the guys in red a lot more than the rest. They seem nicer, somehow. They still beat me though."
"The Overwatch
I get they're supposed to protect our city, but do they have to be that scary? I hope I never meet one, or more importantly, get treated by one ever again."
"Some worker, huh?"
You lost interest. You close the book.
As you do so, an otherworldly voice is heard in your head...
"Hi, lmk if you want your character added, updates will be made whenever I think of them. thanks for reading my profile!"
WIP
You lost interest. You close the book.
As you do so, an otherworldly voice is heard in your head...
"Hi, lmk if you want your character added, updates will be made whenever I think of them. thanks for reading my profile!"
WIP
