swagile
Reble Wrangler
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2021
- Messages
- 354
- Thread Author
- #1
2019/06/19
Going into this... I knew id have to give up something. Becoming a civil protection officer was a class change altogether; you weren't an elite, but you were above the peons as long as you kept the rabble in line. But with such a large jump in status, certain sacrifices had to be made. And I made those first sacrifices today.
My very first patrol with a couple of i5's got some drunk bastard's girlfriend throwing bottles at us from the top of a balcony at PCS-3. Now, we could have excused this as just a drunkard stunt and beaten him up for it, but the fucker decided to pull a broken bottle and start shiv'ing my newfound partners in this new way of life. Unfortunately for this guy, we had batons and food in our bellies with 3 of us to his 1, considering his so called "girlfriend" left him to die, running away. Piece of shit coward she was, but then again I blame it on this cunt for trying to recklessly assault officers.
Anyway, we ended up downing the guy and dragging him back to the Nexus for processing. Thats when we found out that the woman threw the bottles at us and this douchebag decided to defend her cause he "loved her". Prick didn't even get a kiss or a boob squeeze outta this chick and he was willing to die for her; what a loser! Then the RL rolls up and tells us to amputate him instead of dicking around, and tells me to do it. They hand me a gun and I get my first kill on the job.
Do I regret it? No. He had it coming; he nearly murdered one of my partners on the job. But will I have nightmares of his panicked face as I pointed my gun to his forehead and pulled the trigger? Will I wonder if there was a better way to handle it than murder? Yeah. But this aint a just society anymore where murderers, rapists, and freaks get put in jail for years on the tax payers dime; we put scumbags like this away in a bodybag. Or at least, thats what I tell myself when I go to sleep after making this diary entry... that all I did was for the greater good and all that shit. But they gave me 3 SC for killing that guy, and that goes to pay for a luxury suite in some combine superfortress that my family is staying at, so maybe it was all worth it...
People who earn more money than me can decide that.
What was interesting though was we had a suicider jump off the pipes near PCS-2, but failed to instantly die. We ended up having to deal with her being put in the CMU but she was classed as physically incapable. I got luggage duty and had to drag her ass to a razor train heading to Nova, and now she will be "repurposed". We had to deal with her bereaved girlfriend screaming her face off in the CMU office about how she will become one of "them" and I am honestly surprised the Rank Leader didn't shoot her in the face for leaking what happens to physically incapable like that to the public. Maybe there's a larger story there? Or maybe the RL just doesn't give a shit and wanted to use her as an example, and is willing to let a small information leak if it stops further incidents?
I can't fathom what goes on in the RL's minds... some of them have a sick sense of humanity still in them, but others... I don't know.
Anyway, this is enough of my diary entry for today; its already pretty long since today's been eventful.
2019/06/20
Woke up for night shift again today; super quiet. I had to do an emergency call into Dispatch to wake a unit or two up because I can't patrol alone as a Recruit, and a i4 responded. His first question was if I was a bitch, and his second was on what scale; I passed his test, though, cause I aint no bitch and we got along just fine. After going on the beat and harassing some junk scavengers for smelling badly and being homeless, we finally got another unit waking up alongside us; an i5.
The i5 was funny, though; he picked up an old tire and was just staring at it so me and the i4 bantered with him for a good 5 minutes till he had the great idea to use it as a re-education tool. We started throwing it at citizens that were looking at us funny and then we had this bright idea; why don't we host a tournament.
Yesterday, a loyalist gave me 100 credits just for being a CP, so I pitched in my credits into the pool, and gathered citizens to the slums. It was madness; people were swinging and throwing tires at each other all to get a couple of social credits and normal credits... and I loved it. Seeing the primal anger, joy at victory, and shame of defeat on the citizens eyes alongside the blood and bruises... it was magnificent. Reminded me of my stay as a CP in Poland when we went to the seedy bars of the Underground. I don't know how strict the CP's are here in comparison, though, so I am going to keep it on the down low and just give logical reasoning on why we should continue this if anyone higher up catches wind. I aint snitching on my fellow units, thats for sure; not like we did anything outrageous, anyway.
Day was pretty fun either way; no one shot at us and we got to watch a funny show. Hope this continues; I am liking the cop life so far.
Last edited: