Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Official Devblog #16 - Models, models & more models!

ZUMSe9v7s-c7hpctJoRRqSh6RTezKrAJUawUGCVo2eIRprxjTMFvKiaOty6YtL81GjdLz_3JeCdQr4o2SY3UaSkcOyrPK31ct5uIjXaiBpU1YeFHaAlKZJ26tXFVFcId2ZH-rv6C

Devblog #16 - Models, models & more models!
Made by the incredibly talented team of @adi. @PouchyBoi and @blackout

Originally I was gonna post a devblog with quite a few code showcases but I thought it best to split it up and have one for next weekend as well. Todays devblog is dedicated to the high quality work done by the wonderful model team who've been at it working like champions for a good while now. Quite a handful of models to show so I've bundled them up for ease and less of a scroll to go through them all. Enjoy this new set of high quality models!

Civil Protection

We'll be adding in new CP models, thanks to our fellow Russian community WN7 for a ton of work on these CP models with quite a handful of customization. We'll also be introducing a new officer trench coat model made by Adi for use in our overhauled CP reform, will look very badass!

cps.jpg

New Civil Protection pistol

Overwatch Transhuman Arm

City Twenty Four's Overwatch gets their own unique and high-quality style, making them stand out. This is both on a lore perspective of the entire Sector that City Twenty Four resides in and we wanted to make them more fitting for the visual style City Twenty Four already has. That and we catered to many suggestions regarding the visual distancing from the standard Overwatch design that Valve had.
  1. New default look for OTA soldiers (top left)
  2. Squad Lead Ordinal (middle top)
  3. Updated elite OTA following the HL2 aesthetic (top right)
  4. Updated suppressor model (bottom left)
  5. A new spin on the Charger (right from suppressor), we didn't like the cartoonish style of the HLA charger so we've matched it more closely to the HL2 aesthetic.
  6. Last screenshot with the truck has a winter variation of the Ordinal and default soldier (used for events).

ota.jpg
eGb5iKv.png

charger.png
suppressor.png
SZdcJn5.png

csvOzf9.png

New High Quality Models

The model team's been working like champions and have put together a sizeable chunk of new high quality models for in-game use when the server re-launches, well done team!

models1.jpg
models2.jpg
models3.jpg
models4.jpg
models5.jpg
models6.jpg

looks good, however I cant help but wonder wont all these models make the server lag alot? like every single model is so high-detailed
having a lower level of detail if the props cause some issues is entirely possible. Anyway, a lot of the detail here seems to be in the texture work anyway.

Back