Official DEVBLOG #23 - The "Combat and Rebellion" update

1628260240813.png

Devblog #23 - The Combat and Rebellion update
An unusual update by @Robert

Hello Everyone. Robert here with an unusual report on an upcoming update I am now working on. I am currently on LOA, however, I wanted to post this before I disappear for a week to let you know that an update is on the way to improve combat in a sense as well as a few additional buffs. It's not a dev blog per se, just something to let you know what type of changes to expect soon.

1. New Grenades on the way (DONE)

We got 3 new grenades coming in which consist of:
  1. Tactical Awareness Device - A device capable of both blinding its foes and revealing nearby enemies to its user (Overwatch)​
  2. Decoy - Makes fake gunshots to be heard within the local area, capable of mimicking any weapon you hold​
  3. Molotov - A Molotov designed to deal light fire damage over time. It will be nerfed so it is not as powerful as the incendiary.​

2. Voicelines [CANCELLED - Will move to future update.]

No video for it, but a new set of voice lines are in production for both Citizens, Xenian creatures and Overwatch (OTA + CPs). This can only really be enjoyed by those with the donator perks if you are a civ, but Xenian creatures, OTA and CPs will get a lot more voice lines. This will also fix some currently broken voice lines.

1. Citizens:
    1. New passive voice lines
    2. New combat voice lines
  2. Civil Protection:
    1. Half-Life Alyx voices
    2. Fixing existing voice lines that say the wrong quote or make no sound at all.
  3. Overwatch (OTA)
    1. Half-Life Alyx Ordinal VCs
    2. Fixing existing lines again...

3. Zombie faction fix??? (CANCELLED)

If possible, I may try and improve and fix the existing Zombie faction which I had to temporarily remove from the server. Will fix the animation sets and ensure they are of the correct speed. Claw like weapons is a feature for another Devblog for another time.

This may also come with the addition of Headcrabs being able to transform themselves into zombies if they kill a Citizen or Overwatch character.

4. New weapons and updates to existing weaponry. [DONE]

A few new weapons will be added shortly in this update including but not limited to:
  1. OTs-14 Groza - A relatively average assault rifle with poor accuracy but decent armour penetration. Holds around 30 bullets per magazine and has a fire rate of 750 RPM.
  2. Sterling - A submachine gun holding 34 bullets and a fire rate of only 600 RPM. It has decent accuracy along with low armour penetration. Nothing can be attached to this weapon, so sights are not an option.
  3. M4A1 - The iconic and standard M4A1 that everyone knows. Decent accuracy, high damage and 30 round magazines make this weapon quite good in combat along with its high mobility rating.
  4. Minimi Para LMG - A light machine gun designed to be the rebel version of the Suppressor minigun. Added to balance out rebels and OTA. This will be an extremely rare weapon and will do quite well against OTA in TBC, giving them a run for their money. 100 round mags, okay accuracy, decent damage all around.
  5. M1A SOCOM M16 - A marksman rifle that is similar to the SKS except with slightly better accuracy as well as looking more modern for today's standards. It packs a slightly higher punch than its SKS counterpart.
  6. Famas F1 - A well-known assault rifle holding just a mere 25 rounds per mag and wields a fire rate of 900 RPM. It's quite a fast and deadly weapon, but to those untrained to use a weapon in the first place... the handling of such may not be to your liking... it comes with extremely high recoil.
  7. MOE AKM - A more modern and customizable version of the existing AK-74 ingame, it is basically the same with a slightly higher fire rate, higher accuracy and can be equipped with a wide variety of scopes.
  8. RFB - A designated marksman rifle that looks a bit odd given what it is but packs a decent punch. It holds a max of 20 bullets and fares quite well in long-range combat. It has an overall effective range of around 400 meters.
  9. SA80 - A more British assault rifle equaling in power to the M4A1 and AKM respectively. Guess it just depends on your tastes when choosing between the 3.
  10. Finally the F90 MBR - A powerful but slow-firing rifle that makes quite the punch as well as being extremely accurate regardless if you hipfire or aim down sights, you will be hitting your target most of the time. A very useful weapon and looks very similar to the well renowned AUG assault rifle.
Some updates will happen to existing weapons
  1. Balancing out existing weapons such as:
    1. AR2
    2. AK-74
    3. AR-15
    4. Shotguns (all of them)
    5. Ordinal Rifle
    6. Mp5 and Mp5K

5. Expeditions and exploration!! [DONE, will release soon]

Not really a dev feature, but more or less a notice.

We have an upcoming feature made by our Story teams to allow both Citizens, Rebels and Combine factions to get out and explore the world map to go on Expeditions around the world to discover items, locations, lore pieces and even do a little bit of "RTS" style gameplay with sector control and such. Not really sure what I would call it personally, but it is being added to give more life to not just the City you play in and your characters, but the World of Willard Networks overall.

This will also eventually come with the Canals server which will offer higher tier loot than what you can get in the City. Canals will offer a method to buy and sell high-quality equipment and gear for a large price. Basically, a one-stop-shop for getting your hands on things you normally can't get your hands on.

I will give further details later on, but for now, just let it be known that an expedition system is on the way for all factions.

6. Crafting update [DELAYED for future update]

Now I won't give too many details here, but I plan to make a few updates and changes to the crafting system. Won't get into the specifics, but essentially I will be nerfing some recipes and buffing some others to balance out crafting based on what I have seen in-game thus far. Some groups get by easily, others are struggling with crafting and not able to get anywhere, so will try to make the low-level starter gear easier while making the high tier gear a bit harder.

This section will be updated when the specifics come through.

7. Changelog

New features

🟩Added small admin reminder in observer when TBC is off
🟩Make log view user steamid64 as well
🟩Allow admins to disable S2K voting in TBC
🟩Overhauled newspapers
🟩Editable shop rent deadlines
🟩OTA typing animation
🟩New citizen sitting animations
🟩Added text auto-scroll
🟩Implemented Prop Blacklist
🟩Vending machine refill rework
🟩Implemented trash collector terminal
🟩Desaturation slider
🟩J flag added, enabling you to use the "combine override" functionality on all computers. Requires a disk script for it to work
🟩Added a note function on PDAs for yourself

Improvements

🟦Customizable inventory sizes on custom scripts
🟦Housing doors now auto lock on server restarts
🟦You can now be send your current character money with someone else's ID card
🟦Only drop bag contents on death, not bags themselves
🟦You can now edit medical computer notes
🟦Show CP's in 'citizen' scoreboard category when no suit equipped
🟦Made spore gas time flexible via admin panel
🟦Add an alert for CCA when someone sends a message in communion
🟦Grenades should be thrown as normal in S2K fights
🟦Reduced piano audio range
🟦Server admin whitelist can now interact with biolocks
🟦Changed 9mm bullets from revoler model to 9mm model
🟦Added Department of Commerce radio
🟦Improved boost texts

Bugfixes
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with AFK text not removing itself
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with faction selection visuals
  • 🟥 Fixed PDA error
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with /doorsettitle not saving
  • 🟥 Fixed server audio spam exploit
  • 🟥 Fixed combine suit errors
  • 🟥 Fixed logs error
  • 🟥 Fixed smuggler not auto rotating
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with computers deleting group communications
  • 🟥 Fixed ambient audio levels not saving
  • 🟥 Lots of smaller misc bugs

Donate
We now provide easy-access to donations via the forums with automatic account linking!
By supporting us you'll be helping fund the amazing work of our talented Developers.

Last edited:
Oops.

aa041a09dbdaaed7128df5fc78ec1c64.png

9f959a8a77cb4710087801c13902455b.png

a570b55adc49d8da55d81b4c1d5dd63b.png

6efdb98388b761ae5d589fe26578de48.png
Commented on this on a discord channel somewhere earlier today. To me, adding weapons outside of the timeline doesn't matter too much, but this one is the only odd one there is since I needed a more modern looking gun to make an excuse for a more powerful firearm in this circumstance. The F90 will be used for... well taking on more armoured opponents such as the OTA and tbf, gun development does technically still exist.

As for SOCOM and RFB, they are just within the acceptable range of the timeline before the 7HW started. Older weapons will be in a future update.

Made spore gas time flexible via admin panel

Does that mean if we are treated for spore gas in the CMU admins can now remove the spore gas on your character?!

Glad to see the SA80 due to being a brit and using that rifle in real life for abit but.... Why? How does it make sense for that weapon to be over here, considering it is exclusively used by British Forces. Not knocking it just curious.

Also, a AKM is a 7.62mm and a M4A1 / SA80 are 5.56mm rounds.. Why are they equal power / damage etc

Ooo I like the look of these updates! The crafting buffs and nerfs are needed IMO, especially for early game stuff. Hoping that adhesive isn’t as prominent in early game recipes, it’s a pain in the ass to get.

also looking forward to the expeditions stuff!

Update:

1. Molotov added (Grenades now complete)
  2. New weapons added
    1. Won't see them in-game yet.
    2. Still being worked on for balancing and recipes for crafting
  3. Started work on the voice lines now
  4. Added status in [ ] on the blog, so you can see what has been done and what is still being worked on.

Any plans to make the scrap piles lootable, or something else lootable other than trash bags? Seems kind of lame we only have one kind of loot node

Back