Official Devblog #25 - Balance Overhaul, Mouth anims, Quiet Movements, Shortcuts

skxRgxYZ3_aIREU0EdP0apFkLBhS8aAtoWn5GxYJK4l1zZRc-D3pG-2lF_mdJejaQfFBzmGjwrt4kpQd1Cn4jjqbz5-xUaJLBFeqxu4qs4-9cxYbWkUBabXg3uN1YxGTCWcm5zNx

Devblog #25 - Balance Overhaul, Mouth Anims, Quiet Movements, Shortcuts

Significant balance updates took place this update, a lot of time was spent reducing the overall grind feel, allowing for a much improved player experience.

1. Balance Overhaul

1636559446914.png
Spreadsheets, anyone?

Starting with Crafting, we have spent the last few weeks creating documents and spreadsheets on our current crafting system and mapping out all our items, costs, materials, levels, xp, etc and making updates as we go along. This was a long and painful process which has taken us quite a while until now.

Without going into too much detail, we have entered a point where we decided that crafting and medicine should be easy to get into, but around level 10-20 it starts curving upwards in difficulty, then even more around 20-30, more around level 35+ and then expensive to any items above level 40. To summarize, you start off easy then gradually curve to higher difficulties.

For example, pipe weapons used to need level 20 to craft, some requiring 25+ along with quite a few high tier materials early on. But since this was silly and unfair, we have decided to cut those costs down drastically along with lowering the level requirement to 10. Basic armours are now easier to access along with ammo, some weaker grenades and so on.

Further on we’ve extensively balanced weapons to feel more unique with their own specialties. No longer should you feel your weapons to be as flat or similar to each other as they previously were. We opted not to write a lengthy paragraph about the weapon balancing given it's basically a whole chunk of number editing but consider every weapon to be updated. These changes help pave the way for new weapons to be added in the future.

The result is you should now experience a much reduced grind experience, especially in the early game, while the late game curves up in difficulty to encourage groups working together. Overall we hope the crafting balances and weapon balances provide a much improved experience.

Credit to @SteyrShotgun and @Robert for grinding through the numbers and coding it in :approve:

2. The mouth moves!

No more will you stand there silent and idle whilst your character babbles away furiously complaining about the price of bread!

3. Silent movement & doors

When crouching & sneaking your movement will now be much more quite, plus opening/closing doors as well

4. Handy shortcuts

Pressing shift+m1 will now easily and quickly transfer items in containers, no more click dragging over!

You can now drop items from your inventory by pressing Q

From your inventory, you're now able to press R while hovering over ammo to quickly reload

5. Typewriter & Times New Roman font

fonts.jpg

6. New models

checkin.jpg
notepad.jpg
foundry.jpg

7. Quality of life

7.1 - /Anim alias for /Act commands

For those old school clockwork players out there!

unknown.png

7.2 - Voice commands are copied when clicking on them

unknown.png

7.3 - Visual /me's that do not pass through walls

Used in situations when you're in a group and you only want those who's visible to read your /me's

/mev allows you to type a silent /me that doesn't pass through walls
/sv (say visual) adds a 'motions' in front of your name and also does not pass through walls

unknown.png

7.4 - Check prop owner

Admin tool to check who spawned in props

unknown.png

7.5 - Typo checkers for /event and /broadcast

unknown.png

7.6 - Unload character button

unknown.png

8. Changelog

New features
  • 🟩Crafting balance overhaul
  • 🟩Weapon balance overhaul
  • 🟩Copy Voice Commands by clicking on them
  • 🟩Move items between storages with SHIFT+M1
  • 🟩Drop items with Q
  • 🟩Load ammo with R
  • 🟩Workbenches can now be packed up
  • 🟩New western style radio
  • 🟩4 new languages (Hindi, Bengali, Croatian, Swahili)
  • 🟩Add /PlyNotify command
  • 🟩Add /event & /broadcast command typo checker
  • 🟩New Times New Roman font added
  • 🟩New Typewriter font added
  • 🟩Add /VisorMessage command.
  • 🟩Recognize and see all characters with 'Q' flag
  • 🟩Add 'Unload Character' button
  • 🟩Open doors silently when sneaking/crouching
  • 🟩Mute footsteps when sneaking & crouching
  • 🟩Added visual /me's to indicate gestures/visuals
  • 🟩New foundry model
  • 🟩New check-in terminal model
  • 🟩New notepad + pin model

Improvements
  • 🟦Burst and semi-auto options added for Pulse-rifle
  • 🟦Balancing Minimi Para vs Suppressor Minigun (Minimi slightly better)
  • 🟦AR2s are now crackable
  • 🟦Make the GmRoll command default to 20
  • 🟦Updated values of MP7 and P90
  • 🟦SR-1 & SG-1 swapped round
  • 🟦Buff barricade HP so they are useful in combat
  • 🟦Allow maximum roll to be specified.
  • 🟦Possible to now track prop owners
  • 🟦Couple of new food recipes
  • 🟦Workbenches now smaller in inventory
  • 🟦Display Credit amount on Credit Coupons
  • 🟦Ammo is now cheaper overall to produce
  • 🟦Lower level requirements for ammo
  • 🟦Added more attachments
  • 🟦Slightly lowered craftable storage requirements
  • 🟦Mixing Adhesive now gives 3 per craft instead of 1
  • 🟦Handmade adhesive recipe added
  • 🟦Adjusted Tools + Electrical crafting balance
  • 🟦Count attribute boosts in attribute rolls
  • 🟦Allow Overseers/Inspectors to pass through forcefields
  • 🟦Bumped up the durability of various tools
  • 🟦Increase printer max paper & ink capacity
  • 🟦Reduce Gasmask and filter costs
  • 🟦Cheaper clothing crafting
  • 🟦Cheaper vort clothing crafting
  • 🟦Trenchcoat now has armor
  • 🟦Moved cracked printer to electronics
  • 🟦Adding Sterling to crafting + reduce cost of Uzi
  • 🟦OZ194 shotgun craftable + Cheaper Sawed off shotgun
  • 🟦Makarov, M1917 and Cobra cheaper
  • 🟦Updated rebel newspaper background
  • 🟦Updated book material
  • 🟦Pipe weapons now quite cheap + lower level requirements
  • 🟦Balanced Assault Rifles
  • 🟦Add global color list (dev thing)
  • 🟦Add /Anim alias for /Act commands
  • 🟦Machine gun balancing
  • 🟦Shotgun Balancing
  • 🟦SMG balancing
  • 🟦DMR balancing
  • 🟦Revolver balancing
  • 🟦Pistol balancing
  • 🟦Balance Bolt actions

Bugfixes
  • 🟥 Removed cigarette on player death
  • 🟥 Remove submachine gun and Magnum revolver (Unused weapons)
  • 🟥 Fix barricade placers giving a pistol when equipped.
  • 🟥 Fixed bug with crafting music radios
  • 🟥 Changed crafting workbench model to fix it vanishing
  • 🟥 Fix console texture glitches & adjusted text positions
  • 🟥 Fixed grammar typos
  • 🟥 Removed vocoder from Dispatch
  • 🟥 Changed metal workbench model
  • 🟥 Changed chemistry workbench model
  • 🟥 Changed oven model
  • 🟥 Don't emit vocoder sounds when in noclip
  • 🟥 Fix /MeV and /SV being visible by everyone
  • 🟥 Fix not being able to exit acts
  • 🟥 Removed leftover debug code
  • 🟥 Fix group system net message overflow
  • 🟥 Misc bugs

Donate
We now provide easy-access to donations via the forums with automatic account linking!
By supporting us you'll be helping fund the amazing work of our talented Developers.

Last edited:
Stealth update?

So much death to come. Now we just need box disguises.

You guys really know what the playerbase wants. Very nice stuff. Never would have imagined seeing character mouth movements lol.

You guys really know what the playerbase wants. Very nice stuff. Never would have imagined seeing character mouth movements lol.
If you're serious; I'm glad to hear you like it. Small things like that add to the immersion and contribute to the overall fun - we are also considering adding (optional) talking gestures, where characters move their hands and upper bodies when they speak (Since that's what happens IRL too).
If you're being sarcastic; the implementation of this was incredibly simple and took less than an hour from the moment I suggested it to Atle, so it's not like we wasted valuable time on small 'unnecessary' features or anything.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't convey well over text, so I wasn't sure.

We are also considering adding (optional) talking gestures, where characters move their hands and upper bodies when they speak (Since that's what happens IRL too).
That sounds sick. it'd add a lot more expression to a conversation than just staring at one another hands-down 😮

If you're serious; I'm glad to hear you like it. Small things like that add to the immersion and contribute to the overall fun - we are also considering adding (optional) talking gestures, where characters move their hands and upper bodies when they speak (Since that's what happens IRL too).
If you're being sarcastic; the implementation of this was incredibly simple and took less than an hour from the moment I suggested it to Atle, so it's not like we wasted valuable time on small 'unnecessary' features or anything.

Vocoder Text to speech application for characters or specificlly CPs. When.

I was being genuine. I also like the idea of hand movements as well. Walking style are even something I've heard people talk about as well.

Back