Official Devblog #30 - Customization & Fixes

image5.png

Devblog #30 - Customization & Fixes
With us reopening the server this weekend, we've decided to merge in almost all of the code which was previously in acceptance testing during the break. (Special thanks Votton!)
The following is a list of things we've changed.

NOTE: I might miss some things here, so if I do, let me know and I'll update this post!

Bug Fixes
I'm sure you all will be glad to know that we've spent a lot of time fixing some of the bugs and other instability issues which caused a lot of frustration these last few months. These bug fixes are large and all encompassing.

I know some of you all (including myself) struggled with some issues that involved sometimes loading up with the wrong inventory, having credits removed, shop owners getting locked out of their own stores, and so on. Well, these fixes should help solve those problems. Here is a list of some of the changes:

1. Small bug in item labels item. (Aspect)
  2. Fixes to shops and apartments (Fruity)
  3. Huge CID fix (Fruity)
  4. Fixes to existing clothing items (Fruity)
  5. Fix some bugs related to apartments (Fruity)
  6. Gun damage balancing fixes (Asimo)
  7. Medical items can now be picked up (Kawasaniac)

Gesture Menu
We now have a gesture menu which allows you to quickly do emotes (such as pointing in a direction).

image2.png
Credit (Naast)

Better Zip Ties
I've changed zip ties so that you can now drag people who are zip tied.
You can also put a bag on someone's head which will black out their screen.

Original suggestion by Hiros
Credit (M!NT)

Clothing and Hair Update!
We've added tons of new clothing items. This is because we made our materials compatible with recoloring. This means that with one material, we could have millions of different color combinations. So, we've added over 230 new clothing items. This includes tons of new clothing for citizens, suits for CCA, labcoats, and honestly too many things to list. Here is list of one section of the additions:
image3.png
NOTE: It is very easy to add more!
IMPORTANT: When you first load up any pre-existing characters when we reopen the bodygroups will be set to 0. Un-equip then re-equip your clothing items.

We also added tons of great looking hair options (with lots of colors)!
1674247930179.png
For old chars: When you load your character for the first time you will see a menu allowing you to update your hair.

IMPORTANT: Turn on antialisasing or else the hair won't look as good!
image4.png
Credit (Atle, Fruity, Kawasaniac)

Miscellaneous
- The /unstuck command now has a 'reason' field, which will require players to state why they used the command. Ex: "Got stuck in a prop." (Miliviu)
- Added "Item Label" which is a label you can use to set the name and description of an existing item. (Aspect)
- Add command for admins to be able to set the 'player spawn' anchor (where you spawn in while you wait to load your character in order to reduce crashes while joining). (M!NT)
- Add Class A & B IMS amphetamine drug items (from an ongoing IC event). (M!NT)
- Add separate BMD faction. (Aspect)
- Add confirmation request to the paper tearing action. (Aspect)
- Add /ToggleVortalSensing which enables/disables Vortal Sensing for Vorts. (Aspect)
- Make doors 'remember' passwords. (Aspect)
- Allow Cremators to jump and crouch. (Aspect)
- Allow one final /me in death screen. (Aspect)
- Allow i2's and i1's to use /MassReward. (Aspect)
- Make some weapon sweps useable in crafting. (Naast)
- Add /defaultlanguage command. (Naast)
- Add configurable cool down timer to trash searching. (M!NT)

Attachments

• image6.png
    image6.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Man, I already see in my imagination CPS/OTA/REBELS doing the emote of clapping when someone dies or getting pked

I really like the Hand gestures, but will be there a quicker way to perform them? And maybe allow Citizens or the OSF Faction on the Event server the OTA gestures to advance, halt etc. Since in a s2k skirmish it would be hard to /command and pick out the gesture and in the same breath attempting not to be killed by Rebel, OTA, OSF or CP
They should be bindable to my knowledge.

if you go into the console by pressing the `/~ button on your keyboard, and put in the command:
bind [key] "say /handsignals"

It should work. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, other people
That's probably one way going about it, but @Naast should be able to tell more as created the system.

Back