Liam
The Rebel Man
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2021
- Messages
- 286
- Thread Author
- #1
Devi's Journal

Inside Cover:
If you're reading this...you shouldn't be. Kindly put this book down and FUCK OFF
(Taped on photograph)

Entry #1: Take Us Back
06/01/2018
Yesterday has been and gone. And gone with it our old friends of the past. Their faces fade from our minds. But their memories survive with those who remain.
It's been a long time since I first arrived in City-24. And I never imagined I'd be one of the last of a bygone era of the resistance. Loss and grief are feelings lost to the stains of time. And I am left alone underneath the cracks and stone of Geneva's cobbled streets. Each day I wake up, I wonder if i'll ever hear the sound of music and laughter again. Each night I sleep, I wonder if the the sound of jackboots and gunfire will ever leave my dreams. But above all, I wonder if I'll ever get to call a place home again.
The road ahead of me is now more uncertain than ever. With no one left to care about, and my goals of freedom cast further and further behind the clouds of oppresion. And I am affraid. Affraid that my own little world will never be the same again. And affraid of what I am becoming. I've seen what a life alone brings. You start to become a husk of your former self, with only your own survival on your mind. And the moral line that we draw becomes easier and easier to cross, until one day there is no line at all. Already, I can see that line disappearing. And with it my thoughts of empathy, mercy and kindness.
My hope is strangled and now I pray. To a God which I don't believe and who I betray. I pray I find something to believe in once again, with somebody to care for once again. I pray...it's not too late for my humanity. But for now, I will carry on through the fog that lies ahead. I am a survivor. And I still remain. I guess we'll see just how much remains when I get to the end of the road I now travel down to the place my future lies.
If you're reading this...you shouldn't be. Kindly put this book down and FUCK OFF
(Taped on photograph)

Entry #1: Take Us Back
06/01/2018
Yesterday has been and gone. And gone with it our old friends of the past. Their faces fade from our minds. But their memories survive with those who remain.
It's been a long time since I first arrived in City-24. And I never imagined I'd be one of the last of a bygone era of the resistance. Loss and grief are feelings lost to the stains of time. And I am left alone underneath the cracks and stone of Geneva's cobbled streets. Each day I wake up, I wonder if i'll ever hear the sound of music and laughter again. Each night I sleep, I wonder if the the sound of jackboots and gunfire will ever leave my dreams. But above all, I wonder if I'll ever get to call a place home again.
The road ahead of me is now more uncertain than ever. With no one left to care about, and my goals of freedom cast further and further behind the clouds of oppresion. And I am affraid. Affraid that my own little world will never be the same again. And affraid of what I am becoming. I've seen what a life alone brings. You start to become a husk of your former self, with only your own survival on your mind. And the moral line that we draw becomes easier and easier to cross, until one day there is no line at all. Already, I can see that line disappearing. And with it my thoughts of empathy, mercy and kindness.
My hope is strangled and now I pray. To a God which I don't believe and who I betray. I pray I find something to believe in once again, with somebody to care for once again. I pray...it's not too late for my humanity. But for now, I will carry on through the fog that lies ahead. I am a survivor. And I still remain. I guess we'll see just how much remains when I get to the end of the road I now travel down to the place my future lies.
Last edited:

