Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dingus Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmet

Active member
Joined
Nov 16, 2021
Messages
257
Steam Name: blessed dingie
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:68793552

Name of the Admin you were banned by: I don't know.
How long is the ban for?: I don't know
The reason you were banned?: Rule 0
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: I don't understand why I was banned. Maybe it was because of the recent less than pleasant interaction with Neonity and Laura. But the thing is that I did not even act in a hostile or rude manner all that much, in my honest opinion. I am not a detrimental person to roleplay or to the server in general. I have been always up to the guidelines and ruleset of the server and this was my first offense. I have never committed any infractions and no warnings were ever issued, so I believe this is unjust over some personal minor things. I've always tried to be as respectful as possible and I always will. Thank you and hope you may respond soon.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: No

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them) I dont think so
 
Last edited:
Hello. I am here to provide even more information regarding this ban appeal. ban.png

It says here that I have been 'known to romance a lot' on a fem character despite me having no female character other than the CP that was PKed days ago on a sweep. On that character, I did nothing of the sort other than roleplay normally as a Civil Protection character. I understand that I have been in a fiery discussion with Laura and Neonity, but apart from that, this seems highly unfair to be banned permanently without a single official warning or something of the sort. I have always tried to be a respectful player and generally friendly. I apologize for my behavior and of course, I will surely work on being on my best behavior.

I also formally apologize if I ever had less than ordinary behavior despite me believing I acted as normal as possible. Hopefully, we can all be mutually respectful here and get this sorted and the ban appealed with a warning. Thank you.
 
Rule 0 isn't used lightly in our community, as its something that bypasses our rule system.

It tends to be used for one of or several of these reasons:

A) Someone has learned to loop hole the rules and continues to do so.
B) Someone is gaming the system and constantly committing small to medium sized problems and then trying to get banned for only x amount of time, hence breaking the spirit of the rules entirely.
C) People we give a chance after they constantly fuck up and are normally unbanned but they just get better at hiding their evidence of their actions.
D) People who are really fucked up OOC and/or cause constant drama while still following the rules or following them enough only to get a light punishment traditionally.

There are other cases, but these are the primary cases of this in action.

You fall into category D; someone who just does not understand what they are doing (and if that is so, I hope you seek genuine IRL help from a medical professional that can help you with your issues) or you are trolling constantly and hiding behind the veneer of innocence.

You constantly tried to romance people up much like Sneeding but at an even worse rate than he did; your characters only identity was to seduce people. When you didn't get your way IC you forced it OOC; first with benign shit like pinging people in CP discord, then to outright causing near flame wars in Feedback / Barracks to get your way, as well as DM'ing CP leads multiple times because every fem char you dated ICly got in trouble ICly (or your character itself got punished and you kept taking IC into OOC).

This pattern of behavior continued for actual weeks, which was getting disturbing enough that every Rank Leader knew about it (yes we talk about you in rank leader chat), and so a kill order was given and your first char was PK'd.

You seemed to be docile since that point... but then we got reports of you DMing and acting creepy in general again in Discord and in DM's. You then acted innocent as you always did and acted like you didn't know what the problem was with this continued behavior, so after the CP leads brought this up to me once again, I issued a Rule 0 ban.

I don't want to deal with this type of drama because I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist; all I know is my limited understanding of the human mind and what ive gathered from my many years of experience both in IRL and as staff for multiple communities. Based on that, I can see that you actually need IRL help if you truly do not know what you are doing; this isn't healthy and I wish you best of luck because this obsession of yours will lead you down a dark road, and we do not want to be part of that road as a community.
 
You fall into category D; someone who just does not understand what they are doing (and if that is so, I hope you seek genuine IRL help from a medical professional that can help you with your issues) or you are trolling constantly and hiding behind the veneer of innocence.
Why are you talking to me as if I have some mental health issue? That is just disrespectful. I came here to appeal this with a very healthy and respectful mindset, which I even apologised both here and on DMs if I was in any way inappropriate. I never ever mentioned you or other people had mental disorders or anything of the alike. It is just insulting.
You constantly tried to romance people up much like Sneeding but at an even worse rate than he did; your characters only identity was to seduce people. When you didn't get your way IC you forced it OOC; first with benign shit like pinging people in CP discord, then to outright causing near flame wars in Feedback / Barracks to get your way, as well as DM'ing CP leads multiple times because every fem char you dated ICly got in trouble ICly (or your character itself got punished and you kept taking IC into OOC).
My planning for DEFENDER-8 was never to romance people. All I had ever planned with that character was to be an everyday cop who loved his community and committed himself to it. I did surveys for the Civil Workers to see if there were any cases of corruption, I spoke to people and interacted with them to make my character and their characters feel more human beyond the "Im the bad guy". I never ever dated anyone IC, what are you talking about?

While I do agree that I took IC things OOC, I tried to improve that and I was improving at that point.
I don't want to deal with this type of drama because I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist; all I know is my limited understanding of the human mind and what ive gathered from my many years of experience both in IRL and as staff for multiple communities. Based on that, I can see that you actually need IRL help if you truly do not know what you are doing; this isn't healthy and I wish you best of luck because this obsession of yours will lead you down a dark road, and we do
I dont know what you are talking about. Again. I am not sick in the mind, nor do I have any disabilities or mental issues. Can you stop treating me as if I am either retarded or a degenerate. I've done nothing wrong to you and I have tried to be as respectful as possible to you, which if I remember right, you even personally thanked me for treating you like a human being. So please, stop treating me like I am a demented person or an animal that needs to be euthanized and treat me like a normal person.

This whole response to my appeal is downright insulting and disrespectful. You dont know me in real life. You dont know who I am or how I am. I came to this community to enjoy myself, roleplay and make friends. So far, I've been met with blantlant insults, disrespect and people calling me names.

If there was any sort of issue, you could of brought it to my attention as soon as you saw it coming. Neonity saw my issue of taking IC things OOCly, so I told them I would work on it, which I did. Why was this not communicated first to me and instead I am met with disrespect, insults and a permanent ban?
 
Your response only gives me Sneeding PTSD.

Same way of responding, lack of awareness of self, and acting like a victim.

Therefore unless any admin or CM wishes to put forward why keeping you in the community is a good thing, ill be closing this appeal. Because I am being as respectful as I can right now in my response, but it won't be that way if I have to respond to this again.
 
This appeal is denied as there is no other comments and he talked to me in DM's about this as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top