Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Denied Do we want four separate variants of the jumpsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

Radio Bob Approved
Protector
Joined
Jul 5, 2021
Messages
1,256
1723655513349.png1723655542989.png

From what I understand and have witnessed, these are the *least* used clothing types used in Willard Networks, and each one has multiple color variants that use dozens of bodygroup slots, with a similar issue being present for trousers/pants.

Furthermore, I do not think a SINGULAR person has ever-worn the 'Worn Shirt' type since it was introduced.

I view this as bloating the model with bodygroups, especially when it can be better used for more original clothing items.

Personally, I would reccomend that at least the Worn Shirt category be removed to free up bodygroup usage.




I would also like to advocate that the Jumpsuit be reduced to only one variant, that being the standard civilian jumpsuit.




I see this as clearing out old features and it paves the way for new things to take their place, that being said, I can already foresee disagreements regarding this suggestion.

If people are looking for plain clothing to match their character's plain personality, this would affect them as it'd reduce their options.



If you have seen someone wearing a worn shirt, I will be shocked.
 
not really proud of this suggestion but at least it would bring awareness to this.
 
Tbh this is probably one of the best Marco suggestions I've seen, these alternate jumpsuit outfits are utterly useless, no one buys them except for the like, 2 crafting recipes there are using them, which can easily just be substituted for their relevant jumpsuit colour.

From a CWU point of view, this will also help us reduce the excessive amount of data disks we need to make, as each of those models suggested for removal, each have a morbillion different colours, each of which requires a separate disk.

So not only does it reduce server bloat, but also CWU bloat :)
 
Only people I've seen wear the buttoned shirt script are Fredeuka, Serhan, and the Elites are Blind, Arbiter. It's just the equivalent of plain clothing.

I would propose that we limit the amount of jumpsuits variants to ONE, that being the civilian jumpsuit.

^ to add to this, there's TWO of the EXACT SAME JUMPSUIT as seperate scripts. The 'Blue Jumpsuit' and 'Civilian Jumpsuit' which are BOTH BLUE!

I do think that plain clothing should still be present, but we don't need damaged clothing when that is the default body-group for when no one has clothing equipped.

And the Denim? Come on...
 
For once, Marco is right...

Not particularly fond of the colored jumpsuits. I exclusively use the like default hl2 one just because it looks the best of them all. While I think some look alright I ultimately would rather see other things in their place
 
I've always been of the opinion that the generic HL2 sky blue jumpsuit should be the 'default jumpsuit' when you rip your clothes off, and not the gray worn one... Not what this post is about, I'm just complaining.
 
Thinking back now, when I made the "We need more coloured clothing" suggestion. Im now in the mindset, that we need to restrict it to the Prison type clothing so we keep on the nose with the aesthetic of this being an "OPEN AIR PRISON" as @Botulism City puts it. (Can't tag people on forums fml)
 
Only people I've seen wear the buttoned shirt script are Fredeuka, Serhan, and the Elites are Blind, Arbiter. It's just the equivalent of plain clothing.
Only wore the white one because it's the closest to the refugee shirt from vanilla.
 
View attachment 37197View attachment 37198

From what I understand and have witnessed, these are the *least* used clothing types used in Willard Networks, and each one has multiple color variants that use dozens of bodygroup slots, with a similar issue being present for trousers/pants.
this isn't true. collectively, all of these jumpsuit variants you've listed (including all the colours they're available in) occupy four bodygroups total. the reason we can afford to have so many coloured variants without occupying any additional bodygroup slot is because of proxy colouring and the server's code that basically applies a RGB value to each and every clothing (which is traditionally gray/white) to give them colour.
 
also, people use the worn shirt all the time. it's the default torso model for whenever you don't have any other shirt applied. i don't know how you could've possibly missed that considering how ubiquitously-seen it is among new and rebel players.
 
also, people use the worn shirt all the time. it's the default torso model for whenever you don't have any other shirt applied. i don't know how you could've possibly missed that considering how ubiquitously-seen it is among new and rebel players.
Kamil, I can't really take you seriously after you admitted on discord that you would want these removed if there was something to replace them with.

They also don't 'use the worn-shirt' all the time. It is, as you said, only the default model.

You can remove every proxy color for the worn-shirt and no one would notice, besides reducing clutter in the bartering menu and fabrication menus. There are no negatives to this, there are only positives.

Have you ever tried going through the city stock terminal? Six-hundred items clog that database with two hundred of them being different colored variants of clothing.

If you truely want an alternative, the refugee-shirt would be a fine alternative.

1723808963781.png

​
 
It's great that someone is bringing this up. It's unnecessary, and it would be nice if new types of clothing were added instead of that worn shirt.
Happy Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island
 
who said there was an issue
The first sentence in your suggestion, is inferring to the audience that having multiple of the same colour clothing, albeit slight difference is somehow a topic of concern.
 
The first sentence in your suggestion, is inferring to the audience that having multiple of the same colour clothing, albeit slight difference is somehow a topic of concern.
my problem? the scripts look the remarkably similar, with no differences apart for the texture. They could be replaced with refugee shirts, turtlenecks (like the one mossman wears) or maybe even a shirt that has rolled up sleeves (insane suggestion)
 
Buttoned and Denim really need either new textures, or something else, since they're basically just Jumpsuits, with only few differences.

But, some people (like me :3) like wearing citizen Jumpsuits, esp with the other colors, so don't remove the colour variants.
 
The worn black shirt is nice don't take it from me pls 😔
 
I personally do not really object to remove or keep these things.

These ARE different items, each unique to... whatever they represent.

Considering all these facts and how I currently feel about the 10'000th bodygroup affiliated suggestion today...

Denied.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top