D
Deleted member
Guest
- Thread Author
- #1
Steam Name: elaina / @ella
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:104557387
Name of the Admin you were banned by: @Rabithunter
How long is the ban for?: 1 month
The reason you were banned?: Toxicity in the discords, towards staff and players alike. Continued racism IC when warned to stop. Appeal on the forums.
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: As someone who has contributed immensely to Willard and its networks, I feel as though this ban was completely and utterly unfounded. Despite being somewhat of a hooligan engaged in a bit of tomfoolery on my Minister character, Josiah Turner, I have always been quite the upstanding citizen on my account. Needless to say, I have continued to run the Ministry of Enlightenment faction since my appointment in a smooth and efficient manner befitting a player of my roleplay expertise.
I do apologize, however in recent times, for losing my temper with the Creative Team and their coordinator, RedHotGinger. Allow me to explicate that this entire predicament was the denouement of a profound and enduring abhorrence harboured towards the team, which has plagued me since my initial foray into the server in the latter months of 2021. The unveiling of the Creative and Narrative Teams' schemes for the forthcoming, 'Antlion Arc', last Friday brought this distaste into sharp focus. A perusal of this document engendered in me an inclination towards doubt, cynicism, and a plethora of other pessimistic intrusive reflections. As someone who works in the media business, I am under incessant pressure and duress, particularly in recent times coinciding with the resumption of my studies at College. Owing to the precarious fusion of stress and a critical assessment of the Creative Team's inadequacies, I found myself unable to hold my tongue. Consequently, I embarked upon a protracted two-day diatribe, wherein anything and anyone became fair game for my unbridled censure, veiled by a veneer of vituperative aspersions. The demarcations of reality were obscured, and even though it incited a legitimate conversation that proved to be advantageous, the ends outweighed the means. In the ensuing days, I received a warning on the discord, enjoining me to desist from my actions. Subsequent to the latest Civil Administration meeting, all appears to have been reconciled, water under the bridge so to speak. I have since gleaned the wisdom of refraining from meddling in CT's affairs, and I tender my apologies for any future occurrences.
Furthermore, I would like to address an additional factor that has contributed to my ban, which is the manifestation of in-character racism. Please do note that the prejudice exhibited by my character does not mirror my own personal convictions. I firmly believe that we can engage in a reasonable discourse regarding the ethical and conscientious implications of manifesting bias towards mere pixels on a screen. Although one could contend that a person on the other end of the screen is subject to reading these words, one should also recognize that we are participating in a simulated reality set in a world where the entire human race has been relegated to a minority group on the cusp of extinction. Based on my interactions with the majority of players, I have yet to encounter someone who approached me in an out-of-character manner and expressed discomfort or requested that I discontinue my conduct. If anything, the vox-player community embraced it and accepted it as an indelible and essential aspect of my character.
To be precise, my character is an antiquated relic of a bygone era, perpetually confined to a 1950s time-warp, an era marked by chauvinistic and racist tales that were commonly accepted as the norm. If we apply this fundamental phraseology of 'IC racism' as a sweeping statement to all in-character ethnicities and races, then any exhibition of prejudice towards groups such as the Vortiguants would be regarded as an actionable offence. I shall refrain from delving extensively into the ethical discourse surrounding this matter. Nonetheless, from my perspective, a mere unwritten guideline ought to be considered with some degree of reservation. Unless the player is blatantly and relentlessly employing the N-word with a hard r or enacting the role of a Neo-Nazi Gestapo, I maintain that we can permit the occasional inadvertent lapse into a pejorative term as we have since the Willard Networks relaunch in 2021.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them): The entirety of the MoE faction. You need only ask them for their opinion on this matter.
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:104557387
Name of the Admin you were banned by: @Rabithunter
How long is the ban for?: 1 month
The reason you were banned?: Toxicity in the discords, towards staff and players alike. Continued racism IC when warned to stop. Appeal on the forums.
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: As someone who has contributed immensely to Willard and its networks, I feel as though this ban was completely and utterly unfounded. Despite being somewhat of a hooligan engaged in a bit of tomfoolery on my Minister character, Josiah Turner, I have always been quite the upstanding citizen on my account. Needless to say, I have continued to run the Ministry of Enlightenment faction since my appointment in a smooth and efficient manner befitting a player of my roleplay expertise.
I do apologize, however in recent times, for losing my temper with the Creative Team and their coordinator, RedHotGinger. Allow me to explicate that this entire predicament was the denouement of a profound and enduring abhorrence harboured towards the team, which has plagued me since my initial foray into the server in the latter months of 2021. The unveiling of the Creative and Narrative Teams' schemes for the forthcoming, 'Antlion Arc', last Friday brought this distaste into sharp focus. A perusal of this document engendered in me an inclination towards doubt, cynicism, and a plethora of other pessimistic intrusive reflections. As someone who works in the media business, I am under incessant pressure and duress, particularly in recent times coinciding with the resumption of my studies at College. Owing to the precarious fusion of stress and a critical assessment of the Creative Team's inadequacies, I found myself unable to hold my tongue. Consequently, I embarked upon a protracted two-day diatribe, wherein anything and anyone became fair game for my unbridled censure, veiled by a veneer of vituperative aspersions. The demarcations of reality were obscured, and even though it incited a legitimate conversation that proved to be advantageous, the ends outweighed the means. In the ensuing days, I received a warning on the discord, enjoining me to desist from my actions. Subsequent to the latest Civil Administration meeting, all appears to have been reconciled, water under the bridge so to speak. I have since gleaned the wisdom of refraining from meddling in CT's affairs, and I tender my apologies for any future occurrences.
Furthermore, I would like to address an additional factor that has contributed to my ban, which is the manifestation of in-character racism. Please do note that the prejudice exhibited by my character does not mirror my own personal convictions. I firmly believe that we can engage in a reasonable discourse regarding the ethical and conscientious implications of manifesting bias towards mere pixels on a screen. Although one could contend that a person on the other end of the screen is subject to reading these words, one should also recognize that we are participating in a simulated reality set in a world where the entire human race has been relegated to a minority group on the cusp of extinction. Based on my interactions with the majority of players, I have yet to encounter someone who approached me in an out-of-character manner and expressed discomfort or requested that I discontinue my conduct. If anything, the vox-player community embraced it and accepted it as an indelible and essential aspect of my character.
To be precise, my character is an antiquated relic of a bygone era, perpetually confined to a 1950s time-warp, an era marked by chauvinistic and racist tales that were commonly accepted as the norm. If we apply this fundamental phraseology of 'IC racism' as a sweeping statement to all in-character ethnicities and races, then any exhibition of prejudice towards groups such as the Vortiguants would be regarded as an actionable offence. I shall refrain from delving extensively into the ethical discourse surrounding this matter. Nonetheless, from my perspective, a mere unwritten guideline ought to be considered with some degree of reservation. Unless the player is blatantly and relentlessly employing the N-word with a hard r or enacting the role of a Neo-Nazi Gestapo, I maintain that we can permit the occasional inadvertent lapse into a pejorative term as we have since the Willard Networks relaunch in 2021.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them): The entirety of the MoE faction. You need only ask them for their opinion on this matter.
