- Joined
- Dec 3, 2022
- Messages
- 514
- Thread Author
- #1
Elowyn's odyssey, unfolding from the quaint embrace of a rustic village in what once constituted the United Kingdom, paints a portrait of resilience amid the tumultuous backdrop of an altered world. Raised amidst the humble trappings of a working-class family, her formative years were a tapestry woven with threads of adversity, where economic constraints cast shadows over her aspirations, dimming the prospects of education and opportunity. However, the cosmic ballet took an unforeseen turn with the arrival of the Combine, an enigmatic extraterrestrial force whose swift descent wrought cataclysmic change upon the terrestrial stage. In a mere span of seven hours, the grandeur of civilization crumbled, leaving cities in ruin, governments in disarray, and societies gasping for breath amidst the aftermath of chaos. Elowyn's family, like so many others, found themselves swept into the maelstrom of displacement, clinging to survival amidst the wreckage of their former lives. Amidst the shattered remnants of familiarity, they sought refuge in the cold embrace of the Industrial Zone within City 24, a landscape punctuated by the towering monoliths of industrial edifices, where the rhythmic hum of machinery echoed the dirge of a bygone era. Within this crucible of adaptation and endurance, Elowyn emerged as a beacon of tenacity, her resolve steeled by the primal instinct to provide and protect. It was amidst the labyrinthine corridors of the factory, amidst the symphony of clanging metal and distant echoes of a world forever altered, that she found her calling as a Work Shift Labourer. Her innate mechanical acumen, forged in the crucible of hardship and survival, became her ticket to employment within the industrial complex, where she navigated the intricacies of her craft with a grace born of necessity. Yet, amidst the backdrop of industrial dystopia, Elowyn's spirit remained untamed, a quiet ember of resilience glowing amidst the encroaching shadows. With each laborious shift, she carved out a semblance of normalcy, a defiance against the alien specter that sought to reshape the very fabric of Earth itself. Thus, Elowyn's journey from the quaint familiarity of a small village to the heart of City 24's industrial expanse is a testament to the indomitable human spirit, a narrative woven with threads of survival, adaptation, and an unwavering resolve that endured even in the face of cosmic upheaval. |
Elowyn dons a worn and stained jumpsuit, a practical uniform for her laborious duties in the factory. Despite its faded vibrancy, the jumpsuit narrates the story of her enduring dedication, etched with the marks of long hours and strenuous toil. Yet, amidst the clangor of machinery, there lies a quiet resilience in the way she wears it, a testament to both her trials and unwavering commitment. Beyond the factory's confines, a different aspect of Elowyn emerges. Clad in a leather jacket embellished with a hand-stitched Pink Floyd logo and green jeans, she reveals another facet of her identity. Here, amidst the rhythms of everyday life, her attire speaks of a vibrant passion for music and personal expression, contrasting with the utilitarian guise she wears within the factory walls. |
Elowyn embodies the personality of a determined and resilient individual. Despite the challenges she faces in the demanding environment of the factory, she maintains a quiet strength. Elowyn is known for her meticulous attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility, ensuring that her work meets high standards. She is adaptable and quick to learn, facing new tasks with a determined spirit. While she may appear reserved, her collaborative nature shines through in her ability to work seamlessly within a team, fostering positive dynamics. Elowyn's personality reflects a balance of tenacity, diligence, and a commitment to excellence. |
Elowyn, the industrious labourer of City 24's bustling Industrial Zone, harbours a profound ardour for mechanical innovation that transcends her daily grind. Amidst the clatter of machinery, she dedicates her precious free moments to the meticulous tinkering of mechanical components, driven by an insatiable thirst for knowledge and skill expansion. While the industrial symphony envelops her, Elowyn seeks solace in the pages of engineering journals, avidly keeping abreast of cutting-edge technological advancements. Yet, amidst her mechanical pursuits, a hidden passion resonates within her soul. With an innate interest in rock music pulsating through her veins, she finds solace and inspiration in the raw energy and rebellious spirit of the genre. In the rare quiet interludes, she indulges in the melodic embrace of her favourite tunes, a respite from the cacophony of the factory floor. Moreover, Elowyn's multifaceted persona extends beyond her mechanical prowess and musical fervour. With a keen eye on the future, she harbours a profound interest in the field of medicine, drawn to its complexities and potential for impactful change. Amidst her bustling schedule, she eagerly explores online courses in engineering and technology, fuelled by an ambitious desire to expand her horizons and further her education. In her endeavours, Elowyn also champions local artisans, appreciating the craftsmanship and creativity that infuse their work with character and authenticity. And when the night sky unveils its celestial tapestry, she finds solace in the quiet contemplation of the stars, a reminder of the vastness of the universe and the infinitesimal beauty of human existence. |
Elowyn, navigating the challenges of life in City 24's Industrial-zone, harbours certain dislikes and avoids specific situations to maintain a semblance of stability. She has an aversion to unnecessary conflict and actively avoids confrontation with Civil Protection unless absolutely necessary, recognizing the potential risks associated with drawing attention to herself. Keen on keeping her head down to navigate the factory's demanding environment, Elowyn dislikes workplace gossip and unnecessary distractions that could compromise her focus on her responsibilities. Additionally, she avoids participating in activities that may lead to disputes within the tightly-knit community, preferring a low-key existence that allows her to channel her energy into her work and personal pursuits. Overall, Elowyn's strategic approach to dislikes and avoidances reflects her pragmatic mindset in the face of the challenges inherent in her everyday life. |
In the depths of the oppressive regime, Elowyn navigates the labyrinth of hardship with a quiet strength that belies the turmoil within. Each morning dawns with the weight of the world upon her shoulders, yet she rises with a determined resolve to face the day ahead. The meagre rations offer little solace, but she stretches them as far as they will go, weaving sustenance from the scant threads of scarcity. Amidst the concrete confines of the inner-city landscape, Elowyn's footsteps echo the rhythm of resilience, each stride a testament to her unwavering determination. The nine-to-five grind is a relentless symphony of monotony, yet she perseveres, carving a path through the urban sprawl with quiet determination. Her dreams may be obscured by the shadows of oppression, but they flicker like distant stars in the night sky, guiding her through the darkness. In the depths of her soul, Elowyn harbours a flickering flame of defiance, a beacon of hope that refuses to be extinguished. It is the legacy of her ancestors, passed down through generations of resilience and resistance. Though the future may be shrouded in uncertainty, she refuses to surrender to despair, drawing strength from the wellspring of her spirit. With each passing day, Elowyn's resolve grows stronger, a testament to the resilience of the human spirit in the face of adversity. Though the oppressive regime seeks to silence her voice, she refuses to be silenced, her spirit burning bright amidst the darkness, a symbol of hope for a better tomorrow. |
Father: Oliver Reingard: A connoisseur of craftsmanship and a master of detail, Oliver Reingard ignited in Elowyn a profound love for the intricacies of creation. His passion for the art of making and repairing instilled within her a reverence for precision and a thirst for mechanical knowledge. Yet, despite the profound influence he exerted on her life, Oliver's current whereabouts elude discovery, leaving behind a legacy of inspiration and unanswered questions. Mother: Evelyn Holloway: A beacon of resilience and nurturance, Evelyn Holloway dedicated herself tirelessly to the well-being of her family. Her gentle yet steadfast presence served as a guiding light for Elowyn, instilling within her a deep sense of empathy and determination. Whether through her comforting words or her unwavering support, Evelyn's warmth left an indelible mark on her daughter's heart. However, despite her unwavering strength, Evelyn's whereabouts now remain a mystery, leaving a void in Elowyn's life that she yearns to fill. Siblings: None: In the tapestry of Elowyn's life, there are no threads of siblinghood woven beside her own. While she navigates the complexities of existence, she does so without the companionship and camaraderie of brothers or sisters. Yet, in this solitude, she finds strength and resilience, forging her path with determination and independence. |

LOVES | ADMIRES | RESPECTS | BEST FRIEND | FRIEND | ACQUAINTANCE | DISTRUSTS | DISLIKES | HATES | DECEASED
An on-going section...
NAME: Edward Clovis | @HomelessFish139 ![]() RELATIONSHIP: ACQUAINTANCE NOTABILITY: "Edwin? He's a tough one, that's for sure. When I first saw him, he was battered and bruised, trying his best to act like he didn't need help. But I could see right through it. I couldn't just walk past him, not when he clearly needed someone. So, I approached him, offered him some bandages, and patched him up as best I could. It wasn't much, just a small gesture, but I could see the relief in his eyes, even if he tried to hide it with his gruff demeanour. Helping Edwin reminded me that even in a city as big and bustling as this one, there are still moments of connection, moments where we can make a difference in someone's life, no matter how small. I may never know what he's been through or what brought him to that point, but in that moment, all that mattered was offering him a little bit of comfort and support. I hope Edwin knows that he's not alone, that there are people out there who care about him, even if it's just a stranger on the street. And maybe, just maybe, my small act of kindness will ripple out and make the world a little bit brighter for him and for others too." NAME: 'Jason' / 'J' | @albertossic ![]() RELATIONSHIP: FRIEND NOTABILITY: "Jason? He's... he's something else. When I first stumbled into the city, I was lost, scared, and had no idea where to turn. Then, out of nowhere, this man appears. Jason. He didn't ask questions or judge; he just offered me a place to stay and a job at his bar. Sure, it wasn't much, just waitressing, but it was everything to me. Jason saw something in me that I didn't even see in myself. He believed in me when I couldn't, and he gave me a chance when nobody else would. Day by day, he's been there, quietly supporting me, offering advice when I needed it, and pushing me to be better. His bar became my safe haven, and the people there, they became my family. I owe everything to Jason. He's not just a boss or a landlord; he's my guardian angel in this chaotic city. Without him, I don't know where I'd be. But thanks to him, I'm finding my place, finding my strength, and finding myself." NAME: 'Alys' | @FieldersNL ![]() RELATIONSHIP: FRIEND NOTABILITY: "Aly's, oh, she's something else. When we first crossed paths in the RDC, she had this air of mystery about her, like she held secrets untold. But despite her guarded demeanour, there was this warmth in her eyes, a flicker of curiosity and maybe even a hint of longing. I couldn't resist reaching out to her, offering a warm welcome to our city. And you know what? She responded. Underneath that tough exterior, she was searching for something, just like me. We clicked instantly, like two pieces of a puzzle fitting together perfectly. As we got to know each other, it became clear that we shared a common goal, a desire to do good in a world that often seems so dark and unforgiving. We both believed in making a difference, in standing up for what's right, even when it's not easy. Together, we became a team, facing the challenges of the city side by side. Aly's brought her intelligence and cunning to the table, while I offered my optimism and determination. We complemented each other in ways I never could have imagined. With Aly's by my side, I felt like we could take on anything. She's become more than just a friend; she's like a sister to me, someone I can always count on no matter what. And together, we're making our mark on this city, one act of kindness at a time." NAME: 'Alex' | @nath ![]() RELATIONSHIP: RESPECTS NOTABILITY: "Alex, now there's a guy who knows how to handle himself. When we set out on that expedition into the Canals, I wasn't sure what we were getting into. But Alex, he was all business, focused on the task at hand and determined to get the job done. There were moments when things got hairy, when we faced off against those monsters lurking in the shadows. But Alex, he didn't flinch. He was like a wall of steel, standing between us and danger, keeping us safe every step of the way. I'll admit, there were times when I had to take some risks to keep us moving forward. But Alex had my back, covering for me and making sure we stayed on track. His strength and bravery were a real asset out there, and I knew I could always count on him when things got tough. By the time we emerged from the Canals, battered and exhausted but victorious, I couldn't help but feel grateful for Alex. He may not say much, but his actions spoke volumes. And as we headed back to the city, I knew that with Alex on my team, there was nothing we couldn't handle." NAME: 'Wildcard' | @The Sniper ![]() RELATIONSHIP: ADMIRES NOTABILITY: "Wildcard, she's like a force of nature. When I stumbled upon her in that shady alleyway outside the abandoned motel, I had no idea what I was getting into. But from the moment she took me under her wing, I knew my life was about to change. She's got this aura about her, a wildness that's both captivating and intimidating. But underneath that tough exterior, there's a heart of gold, a willingness to take in lost souls like me and give them a sense of purpose. Under Wildcard's guidance, I learned skills that I never thought I'd need, techniques for navigating the darker side of the city, for surviving in situations that most people wouldn't dare to venture into. She taught me how to blend into the shadows, how to read people's intentions, how to trust my instincts when danger lurked around every corner. But more than that, she gave me something I hadn't had in a long time: a sense of belonging, a family of sorts in this chaotic world we live in. With Wildcard by my side, I felt like I could take on anything, conquer any challenge that came my way. She may be a wildcard, unpredictable and untamed, but to me, she's a mentor, a friend, and a guiding light in the darkness. And for that, I'll always be grateful." NAME: 'Vodka' | @Rabithunter ![]() RELATIONSHIP: ADMIRES NOTABILITY: "Vodka, now there's a name that packs a punch. When I stumbled upon her in that shady garage outside the abandoned motel, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. But from the moment she took me under her wing, I knew my life was about to take a different turn. She's got this presence about her, a mix of toughness and swagger that's hard to ignore. But beneath that rough exterior, there's a sharp mind and a heart of gold. Vodka didn't just give me a sense of purpose; she gave me a job, a way to make a living in this unforgiving city. Under Vodka's guidance, I learned more than just survival skills. Sure, she taught me how to handle myself in a fight, how to navigate the streets without getting caught, but she also showed me how to be resourceful, how to think on my feet, how to adapt to whatever situation comes my way. Working for Vodka wasn't always easy, but it was never boring. She pushed me to be better, to strive for more, to never settle for anything less than what I deserved. And for that, I'll always be grateful. She may be tough as nails, but to me, Vodka is more than just a boss; she's a mentor, a friend, and a role model. And with her by my side, I know that whatever challenges lie ahead, we'll face them together, as a team. Plus, her heavily broken English added a certain charm, making every interaction with her a unique adventure." |
Attachments
Last edited:

















