FALL OF LIBERTY - New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like to propose that the pulse rifle likely doesn't exist just yet given there's probably nothing for the union to base it off of, they're probably all using synths

it probably comes into play, or the idea of it comes up with the first wave of transhumans

i'd like to propose that the pulse rifle likely doesn't exist just yet given there's probably nothing for the union to base it off of, they're probably all using synths

it probably comes into play, or the idea of it comes up with the first wave of transhumans

Its only the slightest of oversights, but we could just just assume that the "Pulse Rifle" as mentioned in this document is not the AR2 that we know and love. Its rather a similar gun that only works with Synths.

Its only the slightest of oversights, but we could just just assume that the "Pulse Rifle" as mentioned in this document is not the AR2 that we know and love. Its rather a similar gun that only works with Synths.

Yes, I would assume the "Pulse-Rifle" being mentioned here is the one in which the synth soldiers do come equipped with.

There's always someone that looks at the tiniest of details...lol

AR-2 is the more "human" improvisation of the Combine's handheld weapon technology. The weapon itself seems very overpowering yet also quite underpowered at the same time. Synthetic soldiers themselves hold much more... dangerous forms of weapons that make the AR-2 (OSIPR version) pale in comparison when I have looked at them very thoroughly. My vision in which is seeing synth infantry hold staff-like energy projectors that are equipped with potentially rechargeable pulse beams that require only a cool down, which powers down upon deactivation unless the user itself is active. Or anything similar in power, really.

But TL;DR: Synthetic weapons from the Seven Hour War are not the same as the standard element which Overwatch is using throughout Half Life 2.

AR-2 is the more "human" improvisation of the Combine's handheld weapon technology. The weapon itself seems very overpowering yet also quite underpowered at the same time. Synthetic soldiers themselves hold much more... dangerous forms of weapons that make the AR-2 (OSIPR version) pale in comparison when I have looked at them very thoroughly. My vision in which is seeing synth infantry hold staff-like energy projectors that are equipped with potentially rechargeable pulse beams that require only a cool down, which powers down upon deactivation unless the user itself is active. Or anything similar in power, really.

But TL;DR: Synthetic weapons from the Seven Hour War are not the same as the standard element which Overwatch is using throughout Half Life 2.
i could probably write a history on overwatch manufactured weapons, i've done one for the OSIPR previously, i doubt it'd be too hard to write it again and also do one for the stunbaton

psst talk to me first about these things gamer

I assume that this inbound history is inspired or at least heard of from neb. I'd say there are not any fatal differences in design to what is currently popular, so it will mostly involve the research of the weapon and how it became adapt to humans.
psst talk to me first about these things gamer
Was about to say that...

I assume that this inbound history is inspired or at least heard of from neb. I'd say there are not any fatal differences in design to what is currently popular, so it will mostly involve the research of the weapon and how it became adapt to humans.

Was about to say that...
To explain to you two (now three) disagreers. I was trying to tell that if someone that is not Flanders or Shad wants to make a thread on the AR2, it will likely not be much different from the neb version. And that'll make people point fingers at you for plagiarizing.

You'd have to be very creative or have logical gaps to make a worth a while addition without making it look like a copy.

Detailing the development process and what happened in the mind of it's creators is the only thing that seems like a worth addition. Stuff like the predecessor of the AR2 and it's protoypes issues would be something good to know for TC.

Sorry I wrote it so unclearly, still on my phone...

Also, I forgot to give feedback:
The text walls are quite immersive even if the content isn't perfect. I am looking forward to the plans for this on the server, been a blast to read so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back