Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

'Forever Autumn' - FEEDBACK THREAD

Limeao

Member
Gamemaster
Staff Team
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
10
Forever Autumn

An event in which you deliver some mail.

Thanks for taking part in my first Expo-event.
I hope you enjoyed your long hike through the coast.
Please leave any feedback you have, and any screenshots you might have taken!

Thanks to @pyromancer and @maui for the help.


​
 
CINEMA!

This was one of the fist Expos I've attended in a good few years, and It definitely fulfilled the high-standard I have for these sort of mainly passive expos. I think that HL2RPs should focus on the smaller scale things rather then things which would truly make a big impact on the world, and this expo felt just like that. Afterall, me and Honza were delivering someone's mail. I also admire the way the "Easy Animation Tool" was used to make background NPCs with actual willard models, It gave scenes where they needed it a genuine feeling of life Instead of emptiness due to the lack of Actors. While on the topic of Actors, It was also Impressive how you and the other two managed to juggle various characters + Background characters with /It's and whatnot. Interactions with the Event Characters felt real and organic, Instead of scripted and whatnot. Naturally It had its hiccups, like for example the APC, or when Honza left because he was confused if the expo was over yet or not- But I can't blame that on you, afterall It's your first Expo. All-in-all however, this was definitely one of my favorite events on Willard, ever.

1762103722154.pngifa-wartburg-rolf-kempinski (1).gif
1762103830117.jpeg
1762103841335.jpeg
1762103847125.jpeg
1762103852171.jpeg
 
I also forgot to add: As a fellow propping enthusiast, this was even better, you should get a award or sum.
 
I also forgot to add: As a fellow propping enthusiast, this was even better, you should get a award or sum.

We did all that propping on Friday and it took ages, but I think it was worth it. We wanted it to really feel lived in, and not just some barren as dull coast line. I think we might have over estimated how long it would take to walk the whole distance. In my head I think we thought it might have taken about 3hrs or so, but I think Maui timed it at just over 5 hours lol. But I'm glad you appreciate all the time and work we put into it.
 
As Leko already said, CINEMA.

Though I was a little tired and not really bothered with typing much elaborate texts - Still, I've enjoyed the long journey. I don't think I've seen anything like this on any other expeditions.

The props were amazing too, considering even the non-significant places had a certain real feel to them.

Honestly... the whole thing felt more like a roadtrip than delivering mail, but I loved exactly the fact that it did.
 
Back
Top