Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fractures unban request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tengu

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Aug 5, 2021
Messages
229
Steam Name: Fractures
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:2921822

Name of the Admin you were banned by: @linntrix
How long is the ban for?: Two weeks
The reason you were banned?: It seems I was banned for disconnecting to avoid CP's
Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
I'm not aware of any civil protection that were around me at the time of my disconnection. The last thing I had done was run through the sewers to collect trash and junk, along with chatting with random civilians before I ultimately felt the desire to log off. I sat still for a good minute at the ladder entrance to the sewers, (Just short of the spore barrier, down one ladder set out of sight), which then I disconnected to take my break. If I was banned under the assumption of trying to avoid cp's I didn't know existed, I would like to state the slightly obvious that (If I did want to stay logged in at the time), I could have very easily gone back down the ladders to avoid CP's ingame once I detected they were present in the area around me, as I've done many times before this instance. I would have noticed civil protection within a visible line of sight to my person, as well as the chat window with any message directed to me by them.
I would like to make this as clear as possible, that there was no intention on my part of trying to disconnect to avoid any sort of roleplay or interaction.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
appeal.png
Unfortunately, I don't have logs of anything, nor do I really know what the situation was to provide any sort of answer for why this happened beyond what I can assume based on the ban message.
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
@linntrix - might be able to shed light better than I can.
 


Unless you had your sound off and just happened to look up while CP's made noise, I don't see this being lifted.

Between other staff members and myself, the video shows blatant avoidance.
 
Unless you had your sound off and just happened to look up while CP's made noise
I was clearly looking up that entire time, as you can see me there from the start of the video, and probably before it as I was watching the opening of the ladder for the duration of my log out. You can even see me watching in an opposite direction of where they came in from. As for sound, no.. I didn't have sound up at the time because I was already in the process of leaving my desk. That is a blunder on my end.
I typically make it a point to wait a minute or two to ensure RP is done, or in the cases of being actively hunted, wait out the timers before I log out. The only time this is not the case is if something is going on IRL and I make it a point to alert ppl OOCly of it before just disappearing. Of course, senses are only as good as the individual using them, so clearly I have made a mistake.
the video shows blatant avoidance.
Again, it's not blatant avoidance. I had already been in that spot for a few minutes, planning to log off. If they did happen to decide to go that direction first (and I decided to stay ingame), I probably would've gotten a visual on them just as fast as they would of me, and quickly ran off and been gone into the tunnels without a second thought.
 
I was clearly looking up that entire time, as you can see me there from the start of the video, and probably before it as I was watching the opening of the ladder for the duration of my log out. You can even see me watching in an opposite direction of where they came in from. As for sound, no.. I didn't have sound up at the time because I was already in the process of leaving my desk. That is a blunder on my end.
I typically make it a point to wait a minute or two to ensure RP is done, or in the cases of being actively hunted, wait out the timers before I log out. The only time this is not the case is if something is going on IRL and I make it a point to alert ppl OOCly of it before just disappearing. Of course, senses are only as good as the individual using them, so clearly I have made a mistake.

Again, it's not blatant avoidance. I had already been in that spot for a few minutes, planning to log off. If they did happen to decide to go that direction first (and I decided to stay ingame), I probably would've gotten a visual on them just as fast as they would of me, and quickly ran off and been gone into the tunnels without a second thought.
Could be at the hands of poor timing, though ban management will have to review this.
 
Accepted

Due to you being a first time offender and having been banned for around two days now, plus the Civil Protection didn't have the intention to hunt you down so no harm has been done there. I'll accept this appeal. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top