Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Frozen Tears

- SECOND WAVE OF APPLICATIONS -
- Section One -

• Steam Name:
  • Madpro187
  • Steam ID:
  • STEAM_0:1:15521284
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]:
  • saml6026

- Section Two -

• Full Tagline (City 31):
  • C31:i4.QUICK-02
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/Type if OTA):
  • Intention Four
  • Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded):
  • Willing
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only):
  • Dropship-One
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory:
  • Apart of the regular rank and file Civil-Protection for City 31, they had worked as apart of the force for roughly five months. Once word of the Operation had reached the units ear, they saw it as ample opportunity for ascending the ranks or other such rewards - perhaps a mere sense of adventure, albeit such would take a turn for the worst. Albeit in rather more a familiar landscape, something akin to what they had lived in during their earlier years.

• Name at least one character's family member:
  • Jacob. L - (Father - Living)
  • Olivia. L - (Mother - Deceased)
  • Sophie. L - (Sibling - Living)
- ACCEPTED AS i4 + DROPSHIP FOUR -
- Section One -
  • Steam Name: Garlic
  • Steam ID: 76561198983497412
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: @garlic5067/pdariusmack
View attachment 33524
- Section Two -

• <::UNIT TAGLINE::> (City 31): C31:i4.Hero-20/ Charles Hunter
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/Type if OTA): i4
  • Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded): Forcefully, was put into it due to his un-cohesive nature of assault caught and recorded by the Overwatch. It's a punishment to redeem himself back into the civil society of City-31. Whether he lives or not will not effect the Universal's Union demand in attention over him, he is more of a Conscript in a battle of sconed and scripted work.

<:: DESIGNATIONAL DROPSHIP ::> DROPSHIP-TWO

<::Charles Hunter, Also Known as HERO-20 is an officer that worked at City-31 for 2 years. His related ones lie dead in his eyes with his only remaining instincts is to join Civil Protection, with about nothing to lose his choices remain slim, and diced, either live in the horrid society of fear and labor. Or take the chances with the people who betrayed their own race. His death meant nothing to him anymore. In his own mind he feels as if the Combine have the rewards and chances of giving him something he so longed for, his family, this opportunity in his eyes seemed like only a gift given to a bastardized soul. But these rewards would soon change into a fight for fear and death, as HERO-20 got comfortable in his position in the Universal Unions eyes his strength and power got over him, in one way or another he assaulted one of his Civil Protection officers landing him charges of Assault, his reputation was ruined by this mistake, in the perception of other officers his un-cohesive activity could only lead to an uncooperative attempt, no officers would work with him. As his rewards are ruined and his reputation is destroyed, he was offered a chance of redemption. Join a deadly operation possibly resulting in his death but receiving the rewards he wanted. Or... Face the consequences and never receive his rewards leaving him for a possible amputation for his un-cohesive activity. Seeing as he had nothing to lose. He took it.::>

<::KELLY HUNTER::> (SPOUSE) STATUS: DECEASED

<::NATHAN HUNTER::> (SON) STATUS: SUPPRESSED

View attachment 33526
- ACCEPTED AS i4 + DROPSHIP FOUR -

SECTION 1:​

Steam name: BantaMan
Steam ID: 76561198123085445
Discord name/ID: BantaMan

SECTION 2:​

• Full Tagline (City 31): C31:i5.HELIX-15​
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/Type if OTA): i5​
  • Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded): Forced​
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only): Dropship 4​
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: (Family members included in backstory)​

• <:: UNIT PROFILE ::>
    <:: LOADING... ::>
    • <:: UNIT TAGLINE: C31:i5.HELIX-15 ::>
      FULL NAME: CHRISTOPHER DAVIES
  • UNIT INTENTION: INTENTION 5
  • DATE OF INDUCTION: JANUARY 2020
  • <:: SERVICE HISTORY ::>
  • COMMENDATIONS: N/A
  • ARRESTS: 2
  • AMPUTATIONS: 0
  • BLACKMARKS: 1
  • <:: BLACKMARK HISTORY ::>
  • FAILURE TO UPHOLD RANK LEADER'S BIO-SIGNAL, CAUSING THE DEATH OF SAID RANK LEADER DURING A RAID.
  • <:: FAMILY COHESION ::>
    MOTHER: AUBERY DAVIES - DECEASED
  • FATHER: ANDREW DAVIES - ALIVE
  • SPOUSE: VICTORIA DAVIES NÉE SAWYERS - DECEASED
  • DAUGHTER: ELIZABETH DAVIES - UNKNOWN
  • <:: CLOSING... ::>
<:: Hmm...New guy needs to learn the hard way. This time, it really will be do or die for him... ::>

<:: You sure that's a good idea, 43? I mean...isn't that just risking the rest of them to death too? ::>
<:: Who cares? Their number of blackmarks exceed their total arrests and commendations...useless, all of them. Send him in. ::>
  • <:: UNIT ASSIGNED TO "WOLF REGIMENT" ::>
    • <:: CLOSING... ::>
- ACCEPTED AS i5 + DROPSHIP FOUR -

- Section One -
  • Steam Name: Larry The Heavy​
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:145795287​
  • Discord Name & ID : weapons812​
  • Full Tagline (City 31):​
  • C31:i5.UNION-78
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/Type if OTA):​
  • i5
  • Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded):​
  • Forcefully
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only):​
  • Dropship Four
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory:​
  • Anton Klee, now known as UNION-78 joined the Union just like the majority of the Civil Protection for one reason; to protect his family. Being in the Civil Protection for only six months, UNION-78 had developed an addiction to Morphine, a regular stimulant used in the sweeps of the outer districts in City 31. Unfortunately for him, UNION-78 was caught in a large sting operation led by his higher command against the drug manufacturing plant that made the Morphine, with UNION-78 being caught on camera there buying the previous day.
    He was not given a choice. Either join the dangerous mission to continue the protection of his family, or face off world relocation.​
  • Name at least one character's family member:​
  • Sarah Klee (Wife): ALIVE
  • Joshua Klee (Father): ALIVE

View attachment 33586
- ACCEPTED AS i5 + DROPSHIP FOUR -

--------------------<:: Section One ::>--------------------

• Steam Name: Jumbi-sama
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:123018325
  • Discord Name & ID: Jumbi | jumbisama

--------------------<:: Section Two ::>--------------------

<:: C31:i5.JURY-57 ::>

• <:: i5 ::>​

• Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded):

• <:: Forced ::>​

• <:: Dropship Four ::>​

• <:: Edward Pearce, a Civil Protection unit. ::>
      <:: His failure to protect his rank leader from an attacking Anti-Citizen resulting in his officer's death have gotten him a serious blackmark on his record. His life was almost estenguished until he was signed up to attend a mission... his officers did not see any hope in him and in a way this was his death sentence. He very well knew these risks, but he was determined to see his family once again and to protect them from harms way. ::>​

• <:: Morgan Pearce [Father] ALIVE ::>

• <:: Oliver Pearce [Brother] ALIVE ::>

• <:: Alexandra Austin [Mother] UNKNOWN ::>

- ACCEPTED AS i5 + DROPSHIP ONE -
- Section One -
  • Steam Name:
    Omega​
  • Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:70142626​
  • Discord Name & ID:
    agemorb​

- Section Two -
    C31:i5.KING-15​
    Intention 5​
    Forcefully, assigned with the expectation that he will die out there. His survival doesn't even seem to be a consideration- not even a 'what if?'. And if he actually does? Well, he won't.​
    Dropship 4​
    Joseph McKay, now known as KING-15, was being reeducated by his superiors when he suddenly decided to fight back; the officers around the fight quickly intervening and beating K-15 within an inch of his life. Under any normal circumstances, he'd have been executed right there on the spot. However, in an odd form of "mercy" his RLs had decided upon a better punishment... They only gave him a day to recover from the merciless beating before assigning him to the recently established "wolf regiment"- fully expecting the blackmarked officer to die in the cold wastes, be it to something out there or another RL getting tired of him.
  • FAMILY COHESION - SHATTERED

Andrew McKay - Father - DECEASED
    Sarah McKay - Mother - ALIVE
    Rodney McKay - Brother - MALIGNANT
- ACCEPTED AS i5 + DROPSHIP TWO -

- i4 slots filled, dropship numbers shuffled on purpose to present a better starting rank variety -

- Section One -

• Steam Name: hlestkin23
  • Steam ID: 76561198310463730
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: hlestkin23

- Section Two -

• Full Tagline (City 31): C31:i5.GRID-12
  • Role: Intention 5
  • Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded): The 12th had problems with the latest violations of the charter. Actually, he was given a choice. Demotion or sending for surgery as a technician. Considering that the 12th loved his job as a technician (and let's be honest, there were fewer people kicking there), he chose, as it seemed to him, the most optimal option. "Well, I'll freeze, but then I'll be able to return to the warm places I've been."
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only): DropShip two
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: Alexander Govrilov was born in the Russian countryside, served in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, before the events of the 7th hour, surrendered in the front rows, was a technician in the detachment. After demobilization and transfer to the city of 31, he joined the local garrison, served for some time in the ranks of recruits, recently promoted to I5, but after some violations, mainly related to delays, some ignoring the rules of service, as well as poor communication with the civilian population and CP staff, the command decided to take action in order to increase discipline, it was first decided to revoke the privileges of the family (at the moment, the Mother and Father still live in Russia, Alexander does not know the exact information, but believes that everything is fine with them), but the unit protested and asked to change the measure of restraint, the unit was asked to decide the titles that still decides on some privileges for the family or stay in the rank, but to go abroad, the choice was obvious. The unit agreed to send it to the frosty distances.​
  • Name at least one character's family member: Alexey Govrilov.(father)
    Larisa Govrilova.(mother)
    The only son in the family is Alexander Alexseevich Govrilov

P.s From Russia, there may be problems with time zones, as well as communication in the form of a letter (errors or inaccuracies, as well as misunderstandings of some jokes or puns)I warn you in advance, just so that there are no questions in case of a long text writing

932WMyb.jpeg

<:: ESTABLISHING SECURE DATABASE CONNECTION ::>

QLzp9LS.png

A group of Civil Protection officers from City Thirty-One finds themselves enlisted in a non-standard operation outside their sector. Either forced by their blackmarks or in pursuit of additional perks they are being shipped off using several dropships to the northern regions of Greenland. Their mission - reinforce a local garrison. All is well, until suddenly, one by one - their aerial transport comes crashing down. Whatever caused the damage is unclear, but without an OCIN connection, and stranded in the middle of a frozen wasteland several different problems quickly take priority. Just how the hell will they get back home? Will they even want to, after what awaits them?

<:: LOADING GENERAL MISSION STATUS ANALYSIS ::>

HtS486b.png

- ROLES -

Separated Overwatch Transhuman Arm [Whitelist Required] (2/2)
OWS - Shotgunner (1/1)
OWS - Standard (1/1)

Surviving members of the Transhuman Arm team. Due to the damage sustained in the crash, and the sudden severing of the OCIN connection, they find whatever slither of free will they had returned to them. Together with their considerably less augmented allies, they will have to survive through this harsh wasteland and somehow find their way back - or push the mission to its original conclusion. Whatever the idea is, nothing will be borne out of the operation if everyone is dead...

Civil Protection - "Wolf Regiment" [Whitelist NOT Required for i4+i5] (16/18)

i3 Slots: (4/4)
i4 Slots: (6/6)
i5 Slots: (6/8)

Handpicked officers from City Thirty-One, operating under the alias 'Wolf Regiment'. Originally sent to reinforce a mysterious Combine base established in the outskirts of the Northern Greenland region. It would appear only the leadership has been filled in on the exact details of this operation, with the lesser ranks being left oblivious besides the very basic information. After the sudden crash, they are left vulnerable, separated, and without leadership - in the middle of an unexplored frozen wasteland. To even see the light of another day, they will have to regroup, reinforce and think, think fast.
For they are not alone...

<:: ACCESSING LAST KNOWN UNIT PLACEMENT IN BOOMER ASSETS ::>

Dropship One:
[C31:RL.LINE-55]
[C31:i3.HELIX-03]
[S10/OWS.JUDGE-35]
[C31:i3.VIKTOR-10]
[C31:i5.JURY-57]
[EMPTY SLOT]

Dropship Two:

[C31:i2.DEFENDER-40]
[C31:i4.JURY-36]
[C31:i3.JUDGE-09]
[C31:i3.QUICK-01]
[C31:i5.KING-15]
[EMPTY SLOT]

Dropship Three:

[C31:i1.HERO-11]
[C31:i5.UNION-28]
[C31:i4.TAP-52]

- Section One -
  • Steam Name: Taliazures​
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67985352​
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Taliazure​

- Section Two -
1713016476215.png
  • Full Tagline (City 31): C31:i5.UNION-20​
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/Type if OTA): Intention 5​
  • Forcefully, assigned with the expectation that she will die out there.​
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only): Dropship 2​
  • U-20 was a arrogant loyalist before all this, having climbed her way up the ladder she felt as if she had done enough to those around her and she was /owed/ now. But that behaviour got the best of the worst person you could get to, rank leaders.
    She found herself not long being taken away and forcefully conscripted, the now seemingly well dressed clean loyalist finds herself in muddy boots and shattered armor, amidst the scraps of a dropship along with other doomed souls.​
  • Alexiadis Miar - Mother - Alive
  • Dimakos Miar - father - alive

- FINAL WAVE OF APPLICANTS -
- Section One -

• Steam Name: hlestkin23
  • Steam ID: 76561198310463730
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: hlestkin23

- Section Two -

• Full Tagline (City 31): C31:i5.GRID-12
  • Role: Intention 5
  • Did your character join the operation willingly, or was forced in (OTA excluded): The 12th had problems with the latest violations of the charter. Actually, he was given a choice. Demotion or sending for surgery as a technician. Considering that the 12th loved his job as a technician (and let's be honest, there were fewer people kicking there), he chose, as it seemed to him, the most optimal option. "Well, I'll freeze, but then I'll be able to return to the warm places I've been."
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only): DropShip two
  • Short (or detailed) character backstory: Alexander Govrilov was born in the Russian countryside, served in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, before the events of the 7th hour, surrendered in the front rows, was a technician in the detachment. After demobilization and transfer to the city of 31, he joined the local garrison, served for some time in the ranks of recruits, recently promoted to I5, but after some violations, mainly related to delays, some ignoring the rules of service, as well as poor communication with the civilian population and CP staff, the command decided to take action in order to increase discipline, it was first decided to revoke the privileges of the family (at the moment, the Mother and Father still live in Russia, Alexander does not know the exact information, but believes that everything is fine with them), but the unit protested and asked to change the measure of restraint, the unit was asked to decide the titles that still decides on some privileges for the family or stay in the rank, but to go abroad, the choice was obvious. The unit agreed to send it to the frosty distances.​
  • Name at least one character's family member: Alexey Govrilov.(father)
    Larisa Govrilova.(mother)
    The only son in the family is Alexander Alexseevich Govrilov

P.s From Russia, there may be problems with time zones, as well as communication in the form of a letter (errors or inaccuracies, as well as misunderstandings of some jokes or puns)I warn you in advance, just so that there are no questions in case of a long text writing
- Accepted as i5 + Dropship One -
- Section One -
  • Steam Name: Taliazures​
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67985352​
  • Discord Name & ID [On Short Stories Discord (You are required to join it to participate)]: Taliazure​

- Section Two -
View attachment 33745
  • Full Tagline (City 31): C31:i5.UNION-20​
  • Role (+Rank if Civil Protection/Type if OTA): Intention 5​
  • Forcefully, assigned with the expectation that she will die out there.​
  • Which Dropship was the character on (Empty Slots Only): Dropship 2​
  • U-20 was a arrogant loyalist before all this, having climbed her way up the ladder she felt as if she had done enough to those around her and she was /owed/ now. But that behaviour got the best of the worst person you could get to, rank leaders.
    She found herself not long being taken away and forcefully conscripted, the now seemingly well dressed clean loyalist finds herself in muddy boots and shattered armor, amidst the scraps of a dropship along with other doomed souls.​
  • Alexiadis Miar - Mother - Alive
  • Dimakos Miar - father - alive
- Accepted as i5 + Dropship Two -

- APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED, WHOEVER DIDN'T RECEIVE THE DISCORD ROLE, PLEASE PM ME -

you rlly should've, seeing the results of those votes this one was gonna be a popular one

Back