Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Great Leap Downwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

FungletheBungle

Catholic
Content Creator
  • "No, the citizens don't know, though they'll certainly have their suspicions..."
  • "I suggest keep it that way, after all, there's no saying that we've been completely abandoned if we turn the situ....."
  • "No no, you listen to me. I am still in charge of this city and I'll be dammed if I let it all slip away now, who knows what'll happen if it becomes a threat to them"
  • "I will not tolerate such disloyal speech, you get in line or I'll make you. I still have control of the systems"
  • " Just make sure your officers understand the gravity of the situation, it's their necks on the line just as much as it is ours. I'm hanging up”
/
This message was intercepted just a week ago. If anyone was caught by Civil Protection Officers with a copy of the transcript, it hasn't ended well

/

Welcome to the Middle Kingdom

1665081711206.png

______________________________________________________________​

INFORMATION
-This Event will be taking place from the evening of 14th of October till the afternoon of the 30th

-Set in 2008, city 51 has been the major population center for all of Asia for the last 5 years, although it certainly has been more of a strain on the combines resources then providing any actual benefit. To call it more then one giant refugee camp would be a mistake. Gangs have become the foremost point of governance, depending on whatever criminals control the area rather then the actual administration has become the norm for most living in the city.

-The focus in this event will be on TOTAL PLAYER FREEDOM. Everything will be set up IC, and if an important character dies, that's it. The player has to start from scratch with the next person in their organization's hierarchy being promoted to take their position.

-There is no chance of city 24 characters coming to this city, due to it being set in 2008. Write your characters with this information in mind

-Depending on the conclusion of the event, it may be possible (but unlikely) that you character may end up in city 24

-Anything you want to do, you can do. Just shoot one of our staff members a message and they'll be more then happy to facilitate any RP (Provided it makes a bit of sense). Just remember you are responsible for your actions, and that City 51 is far from secure in the clutches of the combine

SIGN-UPS
-For those of you who want to have a more involved character, such as a gang leader, CP officer, unique character or loyalist. this is the place to be.

-The chance of us accepting an application drastically goes up with effort put into the application, though this doesn't mean we want as many words as possible.

-You DO NOT NEED TO APPLY TO PLAY A NORMAL CITIZEN.

CHARACTER FORMAT

The * symbol represents a required filling, below.
Please DO NOT put your answers in bold, as to make the entry easier to read. Failure to do so will only result in me angrily staring at you from across the screen.
Post in this thread

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name:
  • *Character Role:
  • *Brief summary of the character:
  • *Why do you want to play this character?:
  • Full Backstory:
--- Section Three (Optional) ---
  • Tell us about yourself:
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?:
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?:
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?:

Attachments

• 1665081667821.png
    1665081667821.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Myoles Morales
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:144231749
  • *Discord Name & ID: Myoles#3163
--- Section Two ---
1665089801631.png

붉은 호랑이 (Red Tigers)
3f95cc6234c2ede6ca15b5d8c08df795.png

• *Character Name: Yeong-Jin Park
  • *Character Role: Gang Leader
  • *Brief summary of the character: Yeong-Jin is the leader of the Red Tigers, a gang of territorial gang members who govern their sector by being active in the struggle of the people. They aren't shy to enacting violence, which goes the same for Yeong-Jin. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and has a bleeding heart for the struggle citizens have to go through in City 51.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I want to get a short stories experience, finally having a working computer is helping me out a bit here but I want to give it a try. Have some fun while shaping a story with other players.
  • Full Backstory: Yeong-Jin was born before the Combine subjugated the human race. He was raised in South Korea, in Daejeon, the South Chungcheong district and born on April 4th 1984. Yeong-Jin was used to his life before the invasion, birthdays and celebrations. He had a childhood of being in a financially struggling family, and his father was rising the ranks in a gang organization. His father was distant, and he looked up to him. Wanting to follow in his footsteps even when he didn't see him much often to the dismay of his own mother. When the Combine Invasion started, Yeong-Jin was just finishing College, when suddenly the Combine attacked through portal storms raging across Korea.
  • His mother and father had passed away during the first days of the invasion, alien creatures tearing them apart as Yeong-Jin could only run. Now as a 24 year old in City 51, being relocated after the full assimilation of humanity into Combine authority, he established a gang. Recruiting and building up a pack of fellow minded people, making only a few his "lieutenants" of some sort in the hierarchy. Now, he attempts to unite the warring gangs and factions of City-51 to make the City a better place to live. Only time will tell if his ideals will hold up in the reality of the situation they all face...
  • Tell us about yourself: I'm Myoles, I'm a long time roleplayer and I enjoy HL2RP. I've done it for some time now, for years actually. Just hope that I have some fun while I'm here!
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: New enough, haven't played too much on the main server.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: No, not really.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The setting, under an alien empire while just trying to survive. Meanwhile, people are trying to loosen the grip of the alien empire and attempt to free their species again. What's not to love about Half Life?

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: M3ntal​
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:93450871
  • *Discord Name & ID: shroom#4176​
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Al'huur​
  • *Character Role: Undercover Vortigaunt​
  • *Brief summary of the character: A vortigaunt. A healer. A saint. Many things, are this vortigaunt. Some of which, they themselves speak of as false. But their calling as a healer holds truest. A sagely one, a kindly one, though to kin. To humankind they remain distant, yet ever sympathetic. For the kindred ones are as shackled as they. Perhaps through them, he will learn. Perhaps through them, will he become truly vortal.

Circumstance weaves coincidence, and coincidence weaves incidents, either good, or bad. They stride through life, beneath the gaze of those whom would deem their freedom to be undesirable. Or rather...right beneath it. To find true wisdom, to study the creatures that fascinate them, they must be among them...so through an arrangement with a passing by band of humans, he dons the false shackles, and his fate unwinds. What lies beyond?​

• *Why do you want to play this character?: There are a couple reasons, some less complex than others, but I figure I might as well mention it in a comprehensive list.
    1. Playing a healer character would make up for one of my prior medic characters meeting a rather sudden and abrupt cut to his progress. Sort of a revisiting of my attempt to be a medical oriented character, although on an entirely different scale, interspersed with humanitarianism and hard decisions.
    2. Playing an undercover free vortigaunt would likely be very excellent experience for the eventual freeing of my actual and current character, so I wish to acquire and play this character on the basis of wanting to acquire more perspective and knowledge of how to roleplay such a vortigaunt.​

• Full Backstory:

Al'huur, the Sagely one. The saintly one. The merciful one.
    "It all begins. And it shall end. Upon it all, I shall draw the final breath."

1665091454503.png
    Vortessence submersion : Masterful (50, if possible, can be knocked down if too much)

---------------------------------
    "Me. Myself. I."

You walk through the damp tunnels of whatever underworld exists beneath the city you had known so well, but decided to separate yourself from. Your shoes damp, your pants soiled, and your lungs defiant to the foul odors dancing all around. Yet throughout the dark nothingness, a light in the void. A small fire crackles in the distance. You approach, and find a cloaked vortigaunt sitting by a blaze. Their shackles sparkling in the flame, but they rested not upon their aged form. They rested around. The weaver gazes at you in alarm, but soon sees your pathetic state of being, returning to themselves. You approach meekly, barely able to utter a word in your panicked state, thinking a million miles a minute. The vortigaunt cuts you off before you even speak.

"You may remain here, while I hold it fit that you may."

You sit. The vortigaunt looks at you for a moment. And dialogue begins. You speak about your circumstances, and the vortigaunt seems receptive to your speech. As if they actually care. After a brief delay, they begin speaking of their own, but unlike you, they provide ample context. Tuck in, and get comfortable.

-THE ARRIVAL-

"Yet still do I remember the vibrant flora of the Ooz'Merian realm...yet still do I hear the kin speak...do I still see them hunt...walk the soils beneath their feet as the world itself sings a song of unity in our presence. The world...the world I...and many others miss. The kindred's grief. The kindred's sorrow. Us. Ours. All.

But the grand fields hold little influence over this one's existence. Fond, as they are, they are not what truly matters. The world that they belonged to is gone. Though the memories, the feelings, the experiences remain, they are foreign to us, for the entity to tie them to is gone. Like the humans may say...'missing someone who is already gone'. It is alike.

But the human does not need to hear what was before. They need to hear what is now. Though I have said that the Ooz'Merian realm is where I hail from, my existence within was largely monochrome. A harmonious monotony. I still yet miss it....nonetheless, it is important to convey why I am here. I am here, because of the humans. Fascinating and simultaneously saddening are you. Though forever more do you instill a curiosity unlike anything else within the grand sanctuary.

Pardon, I have been straying from what I wished to convey to you. My arrival..yes...it was heralded by a singular human. A man. The most free man. The savior of us. Of vortikind. Through their battle against the enslaver of past did we finally taste freedom. And through their battle did we wind up here.

-THE EXPERIENCE-

"Now, the human may be curious as to what my stay was like within your world. It has been...complicated, I believe is the appropriate word to describe the interactions of our kind and yours...though many of the kindred detest you, I hold a distant...interest. Your kind, as self-destructive as you are, hold traits similar to that of vortikind...though sadly, not innate, as is proper of any sufficiently intelligent being.

I have witnessed much. I have witnessed many. Humans whom slaughter, humans whom heal, humans whom hunt and humans whom perish. Many of your kind don many different roles and many different masks...it is an intriguing trait. Though present within vortikind, the intense divergence of your kind's mindsets is a thing of grotesque beauty to behold. Utter chaos, and unrestrained emotion. A concoction that an artisan would consider to be most volatile, yet frighteningly potent and self-sustaining.

So, to be succinct, the humans remain an enigma, primitive as you are at times. Your emotions rule you, your minds diffuse into an endless array of personalities and individualities, to such degrees that one would be surprised how your species has survived for such a long period of time. Yet you hold light within you, yet still you hold a semblance of the vortal truth within you. Perhaps, you hold the key to my own quest as well. What it means to truly be vortal."

-THE JOURNEY-

"Now at the stepping stone of decisions, what lies beyond is unknown. The threads of fate unravel and lead to infinite possibilities. Severance. Prosperity. Discord. Harmony. Many lie ahead. Though the vortal sight does not grant me this wisdom, I trust within myself that the humans shall prove to be the catalyst to reveal what fate has designed us all to become, what roles we were destined to play, how significant, and where our journey ends.

And yet still, many things remain to be discovered, to be considered. As such, I choose to rise above my preconceptions, to rise above my present beliefs and go beyond. To see. To study. To observe. To adapt, it is what my quest shall be, as should be yours, human."

The vortigaunt imparts upon you a tale you most likely did not care to hear nor were expecting to, and when you inevitably bombard them with questions, they remain ultimately silent. Yet still, life goes on. With, or without you. This vortigaunt is one of many gears within, yet holding more wisdom and perspective than you ever will. You think on this as you yet blindly follow the narrow cone of light that will perhaps guide you to salvation, or doom. And as you depart, you briefly see the vortigaunt look in your direction. Perhaps you weren't as inconsequential as he might have first implied.

• Tell us about yourself: I'm a pretty active roleplayer with a passion for trying out new things. Though I've had some incidents with people in the past, I hope to be a contributing member of the community through my roleplay and otherwise.​
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: I've been here for around 6 or so months if I were to consider total time. So, relatively new, but I've gotten my bearings.​
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I'm familiar with a lot of people here, a bit too many to list here. To varying degrees.​
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The fact that it's so open ended yet still has a cohesive narrative to follow, which has allowed a myriad of roleplay server to fill in the gaps in their own way, permitting imagination and creative freedom to run as the main driving force of it all. On top of the fact that it has fascinating creature designs and world designs I've ever seen in games (excluding half life 1, and using black mesa instead).​

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: 0xNiklas
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:424935776
  • *Discord Name & ID: 0xNiklas#5967
--- Section Two ---

1665090759666.png

*Character Name: Nikolaus Volpis
*Character Role: Combine Civil Administration
*Brief summary of the character: Italo-Russian Male, who got after many transfers around the world an opportunity in Asia, City 51. Not a Pleasant one, but one that might help his chances. He is Politically attached to his own Ideology "Volpism" which has many marks of Stalinism and Collective ideological, but other than that. He is Lawful Evil.

TiLJchJzBy7-Rya8pfK5YWwUz8HZCAOvTMSglsEkVl-yEdpM_rOUHX8Yd2_YMw1rJTG-tcsIlaPl2cMJgRSGlRETX69C4ZgK89xsa6FGdLiPcHaeGPDWiD1R2r5TDjQX8Ta5u9ZRpzdxoiJl3X00NpisD9KlnxeUlRbaYuwull-7l0jqo6qmh2xM
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: He is one of my new Loyalist products, after Sven Aalto Death and Andrej Iljin side change. He is likely the new loyalist in place, but besides. I honestly want to play someone in the Management position, who organize and leads. Perfect for the Character I am planning and to make him go into a more fitting setting, that he would be in the Combine Civil Administration Faction. Despite the Event being set in 2008. Nikolaus might turn up in C24, If he survives the Chinese hell.

Besides, I want to try out playing the CCA despite the High-PK risk it brings with it.

1665090209004.png
  • Full Backstory:

His Youth
    The story of an Italian-Russian who calls himself "Nikolaus Volpis". Born in Kursk , who nevertheless received Italian citizenship through his Italian father and traveled back to Pisa directly after his birth and grew up there. His mother, who was Russian, called him Nikolaus, mixed with "Volpis" which was his father's surname. His father was a reservist and electronics technician, while his mother was an accountant. He had no siblings. He had been interested in history, philosophy and politics a little earlier. Politics in the sense of what makes Italy the way it is. At 15 he also started to join parties. What he joined was the Christian Democracy Youth Movement, which he became quite involved with. Despite his innovations and ideas, he had a good career somewhere if he continued to get involved there.

Adulthood
    But left the party in 1980 when he turned 20. He then committed himself to the military and made his career as a non-commissioned officer there and went into the reserve. There is not much that can be explained about his school days. He did his thing there and came out. But now forward to the real thing. One day he read the Communist Manifesto and admired it somewhere, as it suits his philosophical nature and curiosity. At the same time, he also despised them because it resembled Stalinism, which was also interesting. Since his mother's family suffered from hunger and oppression under Stalin in the 1920's, his family was very Orthodox. However, he puzzled himself 1 + 1 and began to puzzle his own ideology "Volpism" which, like the namesake, represents itself. But it should be a collective idea and Conservative ideas. He left this somewhere in his notes.

The Combine
    But after a long philosophizing there came a cruel thunder and a bright light during the day, which seemed impossible. He left the home with his wife and son and looked up. The portal storm happened, but no one knew what it was. Before you could find out what, however, it was too late. Earth has been invaded by an alien empire. He took his family and fled to a private bunker because he had himself made out of fear during the Cold War and was locked in it for the 7 hours. But when the surrender was declared, he left. He couldn't believe it, neither could his family, but it was just what it was. More recently, he was shipped on a work program to assist in rebuilding for the Combines Overlord. With that he sold himself. He didn't see his family again and it went through the years that he was transferred from City to City until he came to City 08.

The Events leading up
    Someone spoke to him, that was around 2006. "You there!" The Asian man said to him, "Yes?" returned also looked back as a man spoke. This one began, "I've been on a search with the Combine Civil Administration for City 51 to help the Chinese there manage their shit. I've taken the liberty of taking up their cause and have found nothing but good things in their files. Hence the offer , before we continue. I'm Matsumoto Tojo" Matsumoto said. Not in big reflection and in hope of higher authority and desire for his family he accepted it and was recently later taken to City 51 to help the population there and that's gone until today.. 2008.

Present
    Nikolaus wakes up, knowing City 51 is one of the most crowded City with Gang rising and falling and corruption spreading everywhere, even within the Administration. He gets notified by fellow Administrations Member, that the City is being cut off. "Cannot be" he said, before stumbling out of bed and preparing for the worst.

1665093556321.png

Attachments

• 1665090218021.png
    1665090218021.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Vittani Member
  • *Steam ID: 76561199180201313
  • *Discord Name & ID: Pog#8801
--- Section Two ---

CCA member.jpeg
  • *Character Name: Adolf Weismann​
  • *Character Role: Member of the Bureau of Enlightenment​
  • *Brief summary of the character: Austrian Artist turned B.O.E member.​
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To play a proper conniving two-faced loyalist and also can see what the M.O.E is like, even though I know It's called B.O.E in city51, I will never get to play one in the main server and I also know that the combine has pulled out of Beijing by the start of the event.​
  • Full Backstory:
  • Birth & Family
  • Adolf Weismann was born on the 6th of June, 1966 to a family of rich bankers in Vienna, Austria. He was the oldest of 3 other siblings, all female. He got his education in a exclusive private school in the heart of Vienna, where he learnt to cheat and lie convincingly to get amazing grades in the school and also to get the approval of his parents.​
Education
Despite Adolf getting amazing grades in school, he was always bored and dissatisfied till he discovered that he enjoyed painting when he turned sixteen, soon enough that enjoyment turned into obsession and he became a perfectionist for his own art but that perfectionism paid off as he got enrolled in an exclusive art school only two years later where he learnt to hone his craft with all manners of techniques.

Post-Education & Familial Death
Weismann eventually left the college with the highest grade possible and decided to make a living off of his paintings which wasn't going so well till about 8 years later, just after his 29th birthday. Just after his 29th birthday he learnt of his parent's death, where they spilt up the inheritance equally between every child, including himself, due to the new found money but with no interest in banking, his sisters already took up banking jobs, he decided to go into politics for reasons he doesn't even know himself.

Political Career
When Weismann got into politics, he worked in a 'small time job' but his charisma made him quick friends with many people in higher positions and also the general public, which got his paintings known, become quite valuable and also helped when the Resonance Cascade started, where he managed to calm the citizenry down and was quickly elected Mayor of Vienna to help with fending off the aliens.

Life After Combine Occupation
When that fateful day in 2004 happened, he was one of the many many people to convince the President of Austria to declare Surrender to the invading force of the Combine, when the entire world surrendered after only seven long hours, he was kept in Austria and became a member of The Ministry of Enlightenment (or The Viennan Equivalent) in Vienna, now known as City-22, where Weismann stayed for only a couple of months till he was taken to Beijing to become a member of Beijing's Bureau of Enlightenment to help with the propaganda to quell the immediate unrest due to the overpopulation in Beijing. At-least that what Weismann believes to be the reason he was taken to an extremely overpopulated city on the other side of the globe.

• Tell us about yourself: I don't know what to say about myself other that I believe i'm a very active member of the community, been playing every single day if I can help it and been applying for every single short story that has gone up since finding out what short stories are.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Kind of, I've been playing for 2 months and haven't gotten any whitelists or only been in 1 faction, DOB, but I am planning to get into the CMU and also become an Aux, despite knowing that Aux's usually die.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I'm familiar with alot of people but only really consider two 'friends' sort of.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The Oppressive feeling of everything and also the uniqueness that is 'Serious Half-Life 2 Roleplay'.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
    landon​
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name:
    Bo Lau​
  • *Character Role:
    Gang Leader​
    A former Civil Protector turned up-and-coming Gang Leader, this native delinquent loves to stir trouble. He's hot-headed and not too bright, but sometimes does things with the intention of helping his people above all else.​
    I absolutely love this event concept and have been eagerly awaiting applications to open. I think playing a gang leader would be pretty awesome!​

• BO LAU
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

lukex750d.jpg

Bo Lau had been born deep within the poorer parts of Beijing, China to two parents who were infamous in the neighborhood as substance abusers. Bo Lau luckily turned out fairly fine, if not a bit thick-skulled. This showed up prominently in his youth years, in which he was constantly failing school, inevitably dropping out when he got the chance. He left home, finding no use in staying with his reckless parents-- in which he was certain they cared nothing for him. Not long after he managed to settle down in a slum apartment, the Resonance Cascade hit.​
  • Bo had been evacuated shortly after by authorities, and when the Combine came they had subsequently surrendered to their rule. Bo had been tossed into the system, albeit young and dumb-- which made not a good match within this volatile environment. Not exactly knowing what he was getting into, simply with the passion of better meals and living conditions in mind, he signed up for one of the first couple of waves for Civil Protection recruitment drives-- a program they had recently established within the newly-formed City 51. Cobbled-together gear and mismatched weaponry were stuffed into his hands, and he was sent off to battle against masses of rioters still coping with the loss of their country.​
  • Fortunately, what Bo lacked in intelligence, he made up for in his ability to wildly swing a baton around. For the next couple of years, he put his blood, sweat, and tears into the Combine. Clobbering people's heads wasn't easy, and Bo was just about at his physical limit. It wasn't rocket science, and even Bo was smart enough to know that the state of the city was quickly deteriorating. The crime spikes were the straw that broke the camel's back, and during a nasty firefight between his squadron and a group of armed Resistance fighters-- he fled the scene.​
  • Once and for all, he had deserted, retreating to the black abyss of the back alleyways and hastily tearing out his cheap prototype biosignal from his hand-me-down suit. It felt like a refresher for him, a break from all of the rustle-and-bustle of his nine-to-five job. He finally had a face, now. And he was sure to make it clear. Soon enough, he formed 'The Daredevil Dreamers', a rag-tag bandit group that plundered the smaller sectors of the city-- their name coined from the young demographic of their members, many of them having aspirations before the Combine's arrival.​
  • They picked their fights, knowing what they were able to accomplish, starting off small with vandalism and store robberies. And as they grew, so did their variety of crime. While not as large as many of the other gangs that reside in the area, Bo believes that in due time he shall be known as a prominent figure. Finding the city to be even worse for wear, he feels like this may be his chance to do just that.​

Last edited:

1665094299205.png
1665094576513.png
THE KING OF THE TRIADS
(Placeholder 'Logo - Graffiti' by yours truly)

1665150166814.png

*Steam Name: Kamilisha Haijulikani
*Steam ID: *Discord Name & ID: Kamilisha Haijulikani#7616

--- Section Two ---

• 1665150234699.pngFinal2.png1665150234699.png
  • 安慰、悲伤、死亡
    安慰、悲伤、死亡, 安慰、悲伤、死亡​
  • 安慰、悲伤、死亡, 安慰、悲伤、死亡, 安慰、悲伤、死亡​
EXECUTIVE CHAIRPERSON
Lu ZhenKeng
TRIAD HEAD OF THE MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS
  • 1665150166814.png

Zhu.png
  • *Character Role:
  • Leader of the Midnight Marauders (午夜捕食者)

Beijing City.png
  • THE FEARED KINGPIN OF THE MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS, LU ZHENKANG IS A VICIOUS CRIME LORD WITH A PROPENSITY FOR GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE AND MURDER. THOUGH LACKING IN WHAT SCARCE FORCE REMAINS IN BEIJING, WHAT SEPARATES THE MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS FROM THE REMAINDER OF THE DETESTABLE CRIMINAL CLIQUES IS THEIR OPEN-ENDED DISPOSITION TO EXCESSIVE HOMICIDAL VIOLENCE, NOTORIOUS FOR BEING ONE, IF NOT THE MOST, VIOLENT GANG IN BEIJING, AS WELL AS ONE OF THE MORE DOMINANT TRIAD CLANS IN THE CITY.

LU ZHENKANG DOES NOT HAVE A BRUTISH BODY, NOR IS HE A WISEMAN. NEITHER BRIGHT NOR SHARP NOR REFINED IN ETIQUETTE OR CULTURE, OR EVEN CHARACTER, LU ZHENKANG APPEARS TO BE ALL FAULT, NO SKILL, SIMPLY MEDIOCRE. YET DESPITE HIS PERFECT INADEQUACIES, FEW CAN DENY THE ALLURE OF LU ZHENKANG AND HIS PENCHANT FOR BREEDING VIOLENCE AND MAYHEM.

LU ZHENKANG AND THE MARAUDERS DO NOT HIDE, DO NOT RUN, AND DO NOT SURRENDER. THEY VICTIMIZE, TORTURE, SLAUGHTER, PILLAGE, AND ANNIHILATE THEIR ENEMIES, ALL TO QUENCH AN INSATIABLE HUNGER; ALL TO CONTINUE THE VIOLENCE; ALL TO PERPETUATE THE MAYHEM; TO DESTROY; TO RAZE AND SLAUGHTER; TO RAPE AND SOW; UNTIL THEY EITHER DIE OR NONE IS LEFT TO FEED THEIR HUNGER.​
  • NEITHER PEOPLE'S ADVOCATES NOR GENTLE PEACEKEEPERS.​
  • THEY ARE SUFFERING, SORROW, AND DEATH INCARNATE.​
Punks.png

• 1665150166814.png
  • To facilitate violence, and action, and cause all sorts of mayhem and suffering. At a previous Short-Stories event, I played Matsumoto Ryoichi, the impulsive and feared Yakuza leader of Rising Sun. I had a lot of fun with the role but noticed I lacked a lot of initiative and guidance on where to take my character and organization during the event without devolving into full-blown chaos. For this event, however, I wish to wholeheartedly embrace the chaos and mayhem from the get-go, juxtaposed to my character on Rising Sun, and create a truly formidable group.

• 1665150166814.png
  • If you want to participate in the group, shoot me a DM or ping me on forums with your character/group, and I'll see fit to incorporate your character/group. We'll be taking the initiative during the event by becoming one of the more prolific, roleplay-driven gangs while assuming a more antagonistic role during the event, so anticipate great things to come.

Final2.png
Graffiti Chinatown.png
ViolenceAndSilence3Two2.png

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Meme_Lord_Satan
  • *Steam ID: ( 💀 cant find it)
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dog#2267
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Whenu Ling
  • *Character Role: Civil Protection unit (i4-i3)
  • *Brief summary of the character: A 5'7 Civil Protection Unit with a thick Chinese Accent, who appears decently well built.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: To see how it is to play CP again, I played cp once in City-8 but I wasn't as good at RP as I am now, so I'm thinking of taking another shot.
  • Full Backstory:

THE BEGINNING

Whenu Ling. Born 1974 November 2nd in Beijing.
    Whenu Ling was born, in a wealthy family under the Communist Party of China. His father Yuiao Ling a well respected Police Officer.
    Whenu Ling was able to get away with more then he should've, even drugs. This was due to his Mother Jing Ling bribing people, that could well get him in serious trouble. Both in cash, and through other means. Whenu Ling learned Law School, ironically, and planned to follow his fathers steps in becoming a police officer, gaining a good friend named Quan Lao, a Vietnamese man who's wife was ethnic Chinese, they both knew one thing they wanted to do. Become powerful above all those below them, and to Whenu Ling. Becoming a Cop was the first step to doing so, joining the police in 96 at the age of 22, he abused his perks of being a cop under the PCP, he did this well and was encouraged by his higher up to keep doing it, as it got him paid as well. However, this would be cut short, as, both a blessing and a curse became onto him.

THE INCIDENT
    In 01-04 in China, the portal storms hit hard, hard and fast.. This was devastating for Whenu Ling, his dream of power was being destroyed. Or so he thought, still being a cop, he convinced a few of his officers that he would be in charge. And it worked, on the majority that is, making a little safe zone whilst still exploiting those below him. Finding out that some of the Vortigaunt species were docile, decided to enslave them, forcing them to construct defenses and power things, or it'd be their life, having about 10 Vortigaunt slaves under his belt, which would come in handy in the mere future. Whenu Ling found a Politician of the PCP who was an ex PLA Officer, whom of which he grew fond of, Zhāngjié Wang - his name was. Whenu Ling had a huge worry of the large Headcrab Zombie population in his safe zone under him, blocking it off instead of out right killing them.. Then the Combine came.

LIBERATION OR SUBJUGATION?
    Whenu Ling witnessed the absolute might of the Combine Army, both admired and terrified, Whenu Ling knew resistance would end in death. Whenu Ling willingly allowed the combine forces take his safe zone. Not in fear of dying, but as a way to perhaps gain power, or some sort of position of power to exploit the people. This didn't end 'exactly' like he thought it would, however it did give him a easy position in the Loyalty status, gaining better food and rights. In late 2007 December 26th he signed up for the Civil Protection force, and got in after a vouch from another unit who of which he knew and became friends with.

This is his story.

Last edited:
<:: ACCESSING C51/P# PROTECTION UNIT DATABASE. ::>
<:: OVERWATCH CREDENTIALS VERIFIED. ::>
<:: SYNCHRONIZING PROTECTION UNIT MANIFEST ::>
<:: VERIFYING:///STANDBY. ::>
<:: COMPLETE. ::>
<:: GENERATING FUNCTIONARY DATABASE. ::>
<:: UPLOADING (1) NEW ENTRY. ::>
<:: APPLY ENTRY DESIGNATION. ::>
<:: ENTRY DESIGNATATION PROCESSING. ::>
<:: ACCESSING ENTRY. ::>
<:: REDESIGNATE FUNCTIONARY ASSIGNMENT... ::>

<:: ASSIGNMENT DESIGNATION FAILED... STANDBY ::>

--- Section One ---
Steam Name:
Astro
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:86837969
Discord Name & ID:
Astro | Astro#2165
--- Section Two ---
Character Name:
Míng jié

giphy.gif

<:: OUT-OF-DATE PHOTOGRAPH; DATED 9 YEARS OLD ::>

Character Role:
Civil Protection Officer
Brief summary of the character:

Míng jié is a decorated member of City 51's precinct, having served since almost its creation. However, he has seen himself stuck in the monotonous ladder of the Civil Protection rankings, finding himself not moving up or down. His gang ties extend far into his past, whether he still has them is up for you to find out.

Why do you want to play this character?:

Ever since I received my CP whitelist at the end of August, I've enjoyed Civil Protection RP and what it gives ever since. With this event, it gives me the opportunity to play a Civil Protection character much differently than I ever could on the main server (given where my current character stands). Corruption is my main goal here. I personally would like to experiment with corruption to see just how much it can influence RP or the overall storyline.

Full Backstory:

PART 1 - LONGING

rp_city30001.png
From the start of his life, he found himself waist-deep in the muck of gang relations. He grew up as their muscle, the person to get things done. Being tasked to infiltrate the ranks of their local Police Force, he very easily weaseled his way into the force and provided protection for the Triad. Whenever an investigation got too close for comfort, he took care of it. Someone get too close, he took care of it.

The fall of humanity and the invasion of the Combine intensely disrupted his life, as it did to many. It dislocated his family and severed his ties to the Triad, both of his families being smushed under the boot of the Combine. Friends, children, cousins, and many of those close to him had their lives swiftly stamped out. Xen creatures, portal storms, nothing stopped their lives from being saved. Being native to China, he found himself quickly assimilated into the populous of City 51.

PART 2 - CONSCRIPTION

rp_city30002.png
Just as fast as the gang he was submerged in was wiped, he found himself in the Midnight Marauders just as fast. Míng fit into the gang just as well as red paint mixed with red paint. However, once the Civil Protection program kicked up, he instantly knew what sort of opportunity it could provide and naturally, enlisted. Sort of a play-by-play of his pre-ascension life. The growing pains of the program reflected heavily on his person, destroying his mental state and throwing his physiology into a state of disrepair. He has only meer years to live if his mind or external elements don't get to him first.

PART 3 - DOWNFALL
rp_city30003.jpg
Currently, Míng follows the protocol instilled in the precinct day in, day out. Every day he goes on-duty, his body battles with itself, killing itself with no support from anyone or anything else. His co-workers may have suspicions, but, nothing has been confirmed with his continuous gang involvement.

Part three will continue to be open-ended and will come to a close upon event conclusion.

Tell us about yourself:
I've been apart of the roleplay scene for a while, outside of HL2RP and Garrysmod as a whole. I like dairy products regardless of how detrimental it is to my pain receptors.
Are you new to Willard Networks?:
I am not new, but my activity has been intensely sporadic until August. I had a time where a played a lot around April that didn't last long until, well, August.
Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?:
I am! I'm close with Nesh, Madpro, and Xtra, as we've both come from the same server. I know Willum from another server as well.
What's your favorite thing about Half Life?:
My favorite thing about Half-Life in general is the overall dystopian feel of it. I've always loved dark and gritty things, I am naturally drawn to such settings. It just strikes a certain niche with me.

Last edited:
--- Section Two ---

<:: ACCESSING 51/CCA FILE ::>
<:: WARNING: ANTI CITIZEN SCAVENGING WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE PROSECUTION ::>
<:: PLEASE ENTER YOUR IDENTIFICATION ::>
<:: **** ::>
<:: ********* ::>
<:: ATTENTION: UNKNOWN USER DETETEC---
<:: ... ::>
<:: ACCESS GRANTED. DATA HAS BEEN LOGGED ::>

image_2022-10-07_062148996.png
<:: LAST KNOWN IMAGE OF FUNCTIONARY, DATED 2 YEARS ::>
  • *Character Name: Yang Meng
  • *Character Role: Civil Protection
  • *Brief summary of the character: A secret undercover gang member posing as a CP.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: If this gets accepted, it would be my first CP character and I'm just wanting to get a hold of it before I get a real CP char on the main server.

• Full Backstory:

Life before the invasion

Yang was born to two Asian parents, who were very strict and wished to overthrow the government at the time, especially after what had happened in Tiananmen Square. That fuelled both his parents and him with rage, which is how he gained his 'rebellious' side of himself. As time went on, he became more and more familiar with weaponry and the likes... and then the Combine struck.

THE SEVEN HOUR WAR

It was sudden and unexpected. Whatever those scientists did in Black Mesa, it certainly ruined Yang's plans along with inter-dimensional space freaks committing genocide, taking the lives of his family. He then proceeded to go hiding somewhere in now modern City 51, where he survived the war. After that, he went out. He blended in with the other civilians, observing the combine's operations.

TODAY

Fast-forward, Yang has infiltrated the ranks of the Civil Protection, giving classified intel to other gangs including the one he is in.. He hopes none of his colleagues will suspect anything.. Then, as the rebellion started and the CCA overwhelmed, he thought it was now his turn to get involved.

His fate is unknown....

Last edited:

greatleap.png

1665117524048.png

THE DE-FACTO ORGANIZATION RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING CITY 51'S ECONOMY. FORMED SHORTLY AFTER THE ESTABLISHMENT OF COMBINE'S RULE. WITH CHINA'S ECONOMY ENTIRELY DESTROYED IN THE NEW ERA, THE CLAN WAS RELEGATED THE TASK OF HANDLING THE DIGITAL CURRENCY CREATED, THE CREDIT.

WITH THE GRAVE SITUATION OF BEIJING, EFFORTS MADE TO REFORM THE BANKING CLAN TO THE MINISTRY OF COMMERCE HAVE FAILED.

CITY 51'S FAILING ECONOMY NOW RESTS IN THE HANDS OF THE BANKING CLAN'S EXECUTIVES.

重建。刷新。重新創新和重建。刷新。重新創新和重建。刷新。重新創新和重建。刷新。重新創新和重建。刷新。重新創新和重建。復活

greatleap 3.png

greatleap 2.png1665122274813.pnggreatleap 2.png

INTERIM CHIEF EXECUTIVE
HAN MINGYU
UNDER THE MIDNIGHT MARAUDER'S PROTECTION

HAN MINGYU, AN ELDERLY AND INFLUENTIAL MEMBER OF THE CLAN'S BOARD. PREVIOUSLY TASKED WITH FLAGGING TRANSACTIONS FOR VIOLATIONS. HE NOTABLY MADE NO ATTEMPT TO PROPERLY REPORT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY DURING HIS TENURE.

FOLLOWING THE MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE OF THE PREVIOUS CHIEF EXECUTIVE, BOARD MEMBER HAN MINGYU WAS APPOINTED AS INTERIM CHIEF EXECUTIVE. IN THE MIDST OF A FAILED TAKEOVER, THE BANKING CLAN HAS SUCCESSFULY MAINTAINED ITS INDEPENDENCE.

THE DISASTROUS ECONOMY HAS BEEN DUMPED ONTO MINGYU, NOW RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THE CITY'S RESERVES AFLOAT.

GIVEN THE IMPORTANCE OF HIS POSITION, AND THE NEW TARGET ON HIS BACK. HAN MINGYU ELECTED TO ALIGN HIMSELF IN SERVICE OF THE MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS. IN EXCHANGE, MINGYU WAS GRANTED PROTECTION.

AWAITING THE IMPENDING DOOM OF BEIJING, HE NOW WORKS TIRESSELY TO ENSURE THAT BOTH THE TRIAD'S DEMANDS ARE MET. A POWERFUL ALLY TO BE SOUGHT OUT.

greatleap 3.png
Steam Name: Furious
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:543970363
Discord Name & ID: Furious#3632
Character Name: Han Mingyu

Character Role: CCA Member [De-Facto Minister of Commerce]

Brief summary of the character: An elderly member of Beijing's upper echelons of society. He was recently appointed to temporarily oversee Banking Clan 51, an organization tasked with overseeing the city's economy. An organization that managed to maintain its independence throughout the early era of the Combine's reign. Left vulnerable in the dangerous gang-controlled Beijing, he aligned himself with the Midnight Marauders.

Why do you want to play this character?
I like roleplaying as a member of the Administration. I believe the current year allows for more creativity in regards to the oppression / freedom during the early Combine reign. This character is essentially in charge of the economy. However, they're essentially a heavily corrupt pawn to the Midnight Marauders. An independent organization that's not "officially" apart of the Combine Civil Administration allows for more conflict to brew between the Administrator and their subordinates.

To clarify, Banking Clan 51 is intended to be an early rendition of the Ministry of Commerce currently present in 2018. Post-liberation with the establishment of the urban centers, the duty of the Credit Economy was hastily bestowed upon them. Numerous delays and the city's current state have prevented their full integration under the Administration's banner.

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • Steam Name:
  • Travis​
  • Steam ID:
  • STEAM_0:0:219592730​
  • Discord Name & ID:
  • Travis#5678​
--- Section Two ---

art.png

Character Name:
Zeng Cai
a.png
Character Role:
City Administrator
Brief summary of the character:
Zeng Cai is the city administrator of City 51, having served his term with reasonable
comfort since the invasion.
Physically, Zeng Cai is a forty five year old man, standing at a height of 5'7".

He's often seen as a scornful man, belittling those around him in a feeble attempt to increase
the size of his ego which is evergrowing.

Why do you want to play this character?:
This character would be an opportunity to play something I haven't played before,
giving me and others a new experience during the event.

I tend to stray away from loyalist characters, so to play the opposite of that would be interesting.

• Full Backstory:
    Early Life
  • Zeng Cai was born to a working class family in Wuhan, 1963. Due to Wuhan's Largely rich
  • population, Zeng was often looked down upon by his peers for being poorer, though this only strengthened his resolve.
  • Zeng quickly surfaced to the top of his class becoming a renowned financial advisor, soon after leaving to Bejing,
  • leaving his family behind. In his eyes, his family held him back due to them not working hard enough to lift themselves from
  • poverty, and sticking around them would be a weakness.
  • In Bejing, Zeng Cai used his wealth to empower his elitism, surrounding
  • himself with those of similar and less power than himself so he'd appear more popular than he actually was,
  • keeping up this facade for many years until finally, the world ended.
  • Wuhan.png
  • The Invasion
  • When the combine invaded, Zeng grabbed as much power as he could, bribing those in positions
  • of power to look upon him with more favour, rising in the ranks until finally it was time to pick an
  • administrator. Zeng was elected easily, his power was immense and absolute.
  • Zeng Cai was the administrator, he had achieved all he wanted to achieve- but what now?
  • He doesn't know how to run a city, he doesn't know what to do with his power now he was it...
  • Will he ruin the city, or is this a sign from God? We will see.
  • china2.png

• Super funny, so cool.
  • Nope, been playing for over a year!
  • Many people!
  • Probably overall my favorite thing about half life is the atmosphere and the engine,
  • and the maps within it.

Last edited:

1665416712245.png
1665659563504.png

AN INITIAL PRODUCT OFFERING, "SOUL" WAS CONCEIVED BY THE MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS TRIAD WITH THE GOAL OF EXPANDING THEIR INFLUENCE, AND GAINING CAPITAL OVER THE EVER-GROWING NARCOTICS TRADE IN CITY-FIFTY ONE.

MARKETED AS A PSYCHOACTIVE AND ENTHEOGENIC DRUG, "SOUL" IN ITSELF IS HARD-NARCOTIC AKIN TO THAT OF HEROIN.

CONSUMERS OF "SOUL" HAVE REPORTED MYSTICAL EXPERIENCES AND SPIRITUAL REVELATIONS, WITH A HAPPY AND EUPHORIC 'RUSH' IN EFFECT. THIS SURGE IS FOLLOWED BY AILMENT WHICH GROWS IN SEVERITY OVER TIME. SYMPTOMS SUCH AS DROWSINESS, DRY MOUTH, AND A LOWER HEART RATE ALL BEGIN TO SHOW DURING WITHDRAWAL.

"SOUL" IS DISPENSED AS BOTH A WHITE OR BROWN POWDER, WHICH IS EITHER TO BE SNORTED OR INJECTED. THE TRIAD MOVES IT'S PRODUCT THROUGH VARIOUS CLANDESTINE METHODS.

"与其玷污灵魂,不如让肉体得到满足."

1665139401448.png

1665141100706.png 1665661943157.png1665141115171.png

THE CHEMIST
"RED-EYE"

“红眼睛”

A PSEUDONYM, A SOBRIQUET, THE MASTERMIND BEHIND CITY-FIFTY ONE'S MOST PREVALENT OPIOID NARCOTIC.
DISCERNABLE BY HIS REVOLTING YET DAUNTING BLOODSHOT EYES, "RED-EYE" WAS RECRUITED BY THE MIDNIGHT MAUDERES EARLY IN THEIR FORTHCOMING WITH THE INTENT OF EXPANDING THEIR INFLUENCE WITH A NEW AND ORIGINAL IPO IN THE NARCOTICS TRADE.

ESOTERIC TO THOSE OUTSIDE HIS EMPLOYERS AND CLIENTELE - LITTLE IS OFFICIALLY KNOWN ABOUT HIM, WITH DATABASES ACROSS CHINA COMING UP SLIM WITH ANY CONCRETE INFORMATION OF HIS PROBABLE IDENTITY.

ONLY FROM THE FAINT UNDERGROUND WHISPERS AND STORIES FROM A FEW ONLOOKERS, WE CAN GUAGE THAT HIS LAST KNOWN RECORD WAS BOARDING A BOAT FROM JEJU TO TIANJIN. IT WAS THERE THE FIRST SAMPLES OF HIS HANDIWORK BEGAN POPPING UP ACROSS DIVERGENT MARKETS IN THE NORTHEAST, BEFORE EVENTUALLY REACHING THE CAPITAL.

A NARCISSIST WITH A SHALLOW WALLET, "RED-EYE" VIEWS HIMSELF AS THE CHOSEN PROPHET OF THE PEOPLE, WITH THOUSANDS FLOCKING IN BULK TO GET ANOTHER DELECTABLE TASTE OF HIS NEW CHEMICAL CONCOCTION. HE CONTINUES TO WORK OVERNIGHT IN HIS LAB, PERFECTING HIS CRAFT AND CONCOMITANTLY TEACHING HIS FEW CHOSEN STUDENTS. HE MARKETS HIS BRAND ON SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE AND SUSTENANCE, WITH DECLARING HIS MOST RECENT NARCOTIC, "SOUL" TO BE FOOD FOR THOUGHT, AND NOURISHMENT FOR THE OTHERWISE FRAIL BODY.

1665674003373.png

"I WILL FEED YOU, I WILL COMFORT YOU, I WILL KEEP YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE.
I SHRED A SLICE OF MY MIND AND VITALITY TO SUSTAIN YOURS."

1665139401448.png

*Steam Name: ella
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:104557387
*Discord Name & ID: elaina#8000

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: "Red-Eye"
*Character Role: Midnight Mauderers Chief Chemist
*Brief summary of the character:
A narcissistic yet calculated chemist, working his magic across the city with the intent of keeping it hooked on his product.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Because, Breaking Bad.

Last edited:

--- Section One ---

• *Steam Name:
  • The Sniper
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • Kaisler#3325
--- Section Two ---

AvhGAYv.png
  • *Character Name:
Li Jin (Madam Li, Li Jiang)​
  • *Character Role:
  • Leader of the Red Guards, the paramilitary street-gang of the underground Chinese Communist Party and member of the Politburo.
A bandit, terrorist... to others a hero of the people and of the downtrodden. Proclaimed leader of the notorious 'Red Guards' (Hóng Wèibīng) or the Society for the Restoration of China and the Party of the People; claiming itself as the spokesperson of whatever remnants there is of the underground Communist Party of China.

Despite claiming to strive for the liberation of the people of all classes, the movement is known for its brutality and thug-like control over the underworld it controls. Beneath the low, the people under the rule of the Hóng Wèibīng are known to like according to collectivist principles based upon the thoughts of Mao Tse-Tung and now Madam Li. The Neo-Maoist ideology of the movement characterises itself in its extreme nationalism - with the group actively pursuing "non-chinese" they deem unworthy; whilst waging an insurgency against the Combine authority in Beijing and the surrounding countryside.

• A chance to create more of a dystopian-like resistance/criminals, whilst still holding a sense of dignity for the community.
  • Full Backstory:
Born into a rural peasant family at the end-stages of Mao's Cultural Revolution, Li Jin would essentially be groomed in the thoughts of Maoism during her early childhood, during which members of her family would rise in the echelons of the party politics following the death of the Chairman. Not much is known about her life prior to the invasion, being acknowledged in the years after the invasion as a prominent "gang-leader" within the underworld of Beijing. Her and the rise of the Red Guards was one incited by violence, although the party ideology was oriented towards a more lenient socialist model; it would become more and more totalitarian in nature as the years went by and the methods became even more extreme.

kgf-XxS1tYaZw3RhCJj6Gguxcr23kqUYXdn1DqbY8JRBr47JhTmdQldVDvPWWqnyNywblCSmrBs2HVujQ9MXvgXNmZBpxnrfGX017VB4rNENZPEEW54nsvfYP7Cv0KLCgAHFDJQaPi5590lnllSAqClqSEaXjusJrEjxoWKSDISkPpOQN3MqRf6jZw

“It is up to us to organize the people. As for the reactionaries in China, it is up to us to organize the people to overthrow them. Everything reactionary is the same; if you do not hit it, it will not fall. This is also like sweeping the floor; as a rule, where the broom does not reach, the dust will not vanish of itself.”

• - Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung​

Ideology of Neo-Maoism

Fanatical Chinese Nationalism
-"We must depend on our own to advance rather than relying upon others. We are stronger alone."

Xenophobic
-”Non-chinese are no better than the off-world invaders… we have not forgotten the great humiliation bestowed upon us in past time, and we cannot allow ourselves to rely upon foreigners any more.

Collectivist
-”Private ownership is not criminalized, but the means of production have been seized by the party to drive forth the armament of the proletariat.”-

Madame Li thought
-”The revolution of Chairman Mao was brought about by the peasantry. We do not afford that luxury. Instead, we rely upon the proletariat as the revolutionary vanguard. We must embrace violence and hardness against our enemies to succeed.”-

Structure

Section I - Hóng Wèibīng
  • The overall body of the Movement, representing leadership and fighters. Actively participates in a majority of the operations engaged in as combatiers.​

Section II - Intelligence and Counterintelligence​
  • The intelligence network of the Movement, a crucial and important branch tasked with espionage and infiltration. Operated under a Political Commissar.​

Section III - Logistics and Economy​
  • Logistics and economy, tasked to ensure a steady line of supplies. Both civil and combative roles. Also in-charge of the production of both illicit substances, firearms and more. Operated under a Political Commissar.​

Section IV- Information and Propaganda​
  • Tasked with supplying the people with the truth, Section IV handles the reconstruction of literature, propaganda and information as well as the distribution of such content to the people. Operated under a Political Commissar.​

Section V - Associations​
  • Other cells funded and operated by, together or with the movement. Works co-independently with another chain of command.​

Hierarchy

Chairman/Chairwoman (Leader)
1x
The overall leader, although de facto representative of the underground Communist Party of China. This position is the highest within the organization, but the difference between politics and crime become smudged in the lines in-between. Upon death, succession draws from between the Political Commissars.

Political Commissar (Underboss)
3x
Political Commissars are the privileged. Tasked with ensuring party discipline and loyalty, they are also considered de facto commanders of “brigades”. Acting as Underbosses and consigliere, they are part of the Politburo, the inner-circle of the organization.

Squad Leaders (Capo/Captains)
3x
The overall leadership, with each “captain” commanding their select number of enforcers. They are the militant-arm of the party and the enforcer of its will.

Red Guardists (Enforcers)
x
The footsoldiers of the movement. The Red Guards are indoctrinated into the political thought, whilst acting out the party’s order. Although they different themselves from others, they are naught more but fanatical thugs.

• I'm The Sniper, mainly a webul player.​
  • No​
  • Yes!​
  • Grimdark dystopia.​

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Ansty
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:89141544
  • *Discord Name & ID: Ansty#0269
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: C51/CSU( Civil-Service-Use ).SCN-32
  • *Character Role: CCA Scanner
  • *Brief summary of the character: A modified scanner both hardware and software wise to serve the needs of civilian authorities of City 51. As well as report any shady business to Civil Protection. It has no authority over Civil Protection and reports directly to the CCA. Who may (and are encouraged) to assign the scanner to work directly in assisting the citizen unions such as the CWU, CMU and BRI. It speaks with a voice identical to the standard Dispatch. Its exact authority beyond this core condition that it cannot command Overwatch Forces will be determined in game by CCA. Will it obey only the top of the city and simply choose by its own choice to obey those below the top ? Will it have to obey the lowliest of CWU workers or somewhere in-between ? and does it truly obey you or does it report you're every move back to someone above you ?

• *Why do you want to play this character?:I think id be a cool little robot to play. And if truly used to work with all Citizen subfaction it could very well enhance it. Whether it be something like briefing a Citizen workshift by projecting an instruction movie on the wall and showing the citizens that a literal robot is above them as they trust it more since it cant be bribed etc. Scouting infestations for the needs of infestation control before sending in a human crew. Heat cameras reporting on severity of fires during fire extinguishing efforts. Using its projector display propaganda on sanctioned public gatherings and many more. True loyalists will welcome its absolute inability to lie or be corrupted while those against the combine will always be on the lookout when it is around or potentially be plotting to capture it, reprogram it and make it serve them instead.
1665171746320.png
  • Full Backstory: Civil-Service-Use Scanner-32 left the factory assembly line just 16 hours ago. It is currently shut down and being shipped to the City 51 Nexus where activation awaits. It is part of Project Marshal a small scale project to see how well scanners could work in Civilian roles beyond the needs of Overwatch similarly to the Construction Striders. Due to particularly high corruption in this City, an uncorruptable robot servant may also prove to be a far better choice then a human. As these scanners report to a civilian authority it has been stripped of any authority to command Overwatch forces. However sufficiently Ranked Civil Protection and any OTA may still requisition it for their own use in the event of a regular scanner not being available. The exact details of its authority are yet to be decided as it is of the first batch arriving so it will be largely left to the CCA to figure it out.
The modifications to the Civil-Service-Use Scanner include :
-Screen projector built into its one eye. Usable for both propaganda and practical training films, images or perhaps a movie night if you are so high up the chain the robot has to obey you no matter what you want it to project.
-A thermal camera, primarily useful for detecting fires and where the fire is strongest.
-Geiger Counter.
-Chemical sample collector. Whether it be gas, liquid or a particularly light solid object the Scanner can fetch it from dangerous locations and return it back to the BRI, CMU or Infestation Control for analysis.
-pH-EC monitor. (Potential of Hydrogen-Electronic Conductivity) Monitor useful primarily to precisely report two conditions of indoor farms. Although it can also help with reports about the status of infestation growth.
-2 Sling connectors installed on its belly. Although not good at carrying heavy loads. It can still carry letters, deliver breathing masks to people inside burning buildings, or get electrical wires into position easily or other light items.
-Built in translator for all common languages. The combine only took the planet over recently and although English was chosen as the new standard the gap is still large. This allows the scanner to both translate for those who are lacking in English as well as monitor the Citizens better.
-Shutdown, factory reset and total software purge codes. These codes will be issued primarily to the BRI high ranking CCA and Overwatch Forces. The shutdown code can simply order an immediate shutdown for any reason. Factory reset will cause a total memory wipe and restore the Scanner towards the same condition when it was first activated and total software purge should only be used in the event of the Scanner falling into the hands of Anti-Citizens. Should it receive this signal it will delete all code from its software and render itself completely unusable. Requiring the memory card to be replaced entirely for it to work.
-Spare Scanners. Being easily replaceable the Scanner has no fear of death and a small number of other scanners can easily replace it (Debatable how much lives i get and such)
-An roof mounted lamp, more powerful then an ordinary flashlight but not nearly as powerful as a fully sized spotlight (If going into dark area as part of event staff could possible weld and invisible lamp on me)
-Orange Stripes to differentiate the Scanner from its standard Overwatch counterparts (Description only)
-Anything else these who control the scanner can come up with if approved by Staff.
-All standard abilities of a normal scanner although it will not obey commands to open restricted doors.
  • Tell us about yourself: I am Ansty, I have made the popular rebel Discord pinned meme known as Rebelrp_The_Movie
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: No
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Travis and Liam
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Physics, you are not a proper Half Life fan if you didn't do at least one playthrough of Half Life 2 or the Episodes using only the Gravity Gun.

====================================================
Screenshot_20221007-180718_Cut Paste Photos.jpg

VICE ADMINISTRATOR

"ZHOU ZHÀNZHĒNG"

"周占正"

Zhou Zhànzhēng, a once meager worker doing his part in a much larger machine now sits atop the Ivory tower of Civil Administration as The Vice Administrator of City Fifty-one where he works mercilessly alongside the City administrator in an attempt to re-establish order in the Once peaceful City of Bejing.

Originally finding his position through his promotion of a Junta-like Ideology, Zhou is seen as a public figure, often making speeches or addressing situations to the public as he took various jobs in covering the City administrator for more work.

After the disaster in which The Universal Union pulled out of Bejing, Zhou was tasked with keeping up the masquerade of how "everything is fine" and "Nothing is wrong at all".

Due to the nature of the current situation in the city, Zhou has become paranoid, believing everyone was out to get him, even his fellow Cohorts in the CCA...even going as far as to question his own City Administrator as he begins to doubt them and deem them as "Unfit to lead" as he seems to be willing to do anything in order to restore order to this once great City.

Zhou in his latest desperation is now is willing to converse with lowlifes and scum of the City, making deals with gang members in order to satisfy his need for power and control, promising almost anything for anyone only for their undying loyalty.

As the days go by, Zhou's fate is unknown as the pieces of his plan begin to come together.

"时代变了。这个世界不同于我们所知道的。这个城市需要一个强大的领导者……我打算填补这个角色"

• *Steam Name: General_Claw36
  • *Steam ID: 76561199149030942
  • *Discord Name & ID: Craw#9525
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Vice Administrator Zhou Zhànzhēng
  • *Character Role: Vice Administrator of City 51
  • *Brief summary of the character: An Insidious man of Asian Descent who has a twisted dream for to try and fix Bejing no matter how many lives are lost during it. Paranoia and military based ideals cloud his mind as each passing day goes by.

• *Why do you want to play this character?: I've always wanted to truly play an 'Villain character (especially a CCA member) and so I have prepared this character for a while now and really hope I can help provide some good RP for some players during the event.
  • Full Backstory: (see above)

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • Omega
  • *Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:70142626​
    *Discord Name & ID:
    Omega#5347​

--- Section Two ---
<:: ACCESSING C51/CCA ::>
<:: ATHOURIZATION:VICEADMIN ::>
<:: GRANTED ::>
<:: ACCESSING DATAFILE/C51/CPT ::>
<:: AUTHOURIZATION:VICEADMIN ::>
<:: GRANTED ::>

1665161363959.jpeg
  • *Character Name:
    Han Shihong
    C51:CpT.DRAGON-100
  • *Character Role:
    Civil Protection Captain
    The killing machine once known as Han Shihong now goes by the designation DRAGON-100. Sent to Beijing towards the beginning of The Ascension, this former Chinese Government Official was given his position due to his belief in the cause, a belief he had even during the starting moments of the 7 Hour War. In City 51, there is no Overseers or Ministry of Civil Protection. There is only DRAGON-100.​

• I’ve seen complaints about lack of antagonists on Willard. Well, here’s one, and lucky for everyone I genuinely enjoy playing as a bad guy.​
  • Full Backstory:
  • Born in 1958 on a small island off the coast of the mainland, Han had always disliked the regime he was under. He had realized Mao's tactics could never fully achieve the dream of a proper union, learning quickly though that the best way to change the regime is to become the regime. Ever since he was a child he had prepared himself to achieve this dream, working day and night to educate himself, and harness not only the power of his mind, but his body and even soul. Later in life he had gained permission from the government to study abroad, allowing him to see the other nations of the world, experiencing their life and culture. In the end, he had still believed he was right, continuing to work up to his position in the government.
    During his time as an Official, his duties consisted of​
  • <:: DATABASE REDACTED ::>
  • <:: CCA DATABASE END ::>
Tell us about yourself:

I am Omega ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are you new to Willard Networks?:

Yes and No
Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?:

Yes

What's your favorite thing about Half Life?:
The setting, and mystery.​

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Vittani Member
  • *Steam ID: 76561199180201313
  • *Discord Name & ID: Pog#8801
--- Section Two ---
1665186155740.png

• *Character Name: Kai "The Bull" Zeiji (First Name, Last Name)
  • *Character Role: Lieutenant and Chief Interrogator of The Red Tigers.
  • *Brief summary of the character: Ex-Military turned Red Tiger Lieutenant.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: This is a back-up in case my first character, Adolf Weismann, doesn't get accepted.
  • Full Backstory:
  • Early Life
  • Kai was born on the 22nd of Janurary 1983 in Beijing, China to factory workers. Due to Kai's parents being factory workers, he grew up in the poor slums of Beijing and he had to regularly beg people for food, despite how his parents tried to care for him, but that was difficult has he was the youngest out of 7 siblings. This stayed the same for 18 years till he was conscripted into the Chinese Military like all people his age.​
Military Service
When Kai joined the military, the Resonance Cascade just happened so he was pretty much consistently fighting the new Xenian forces that came out of portals, with brief moments to rest, when he was allowed to rest he taught himself how to read and write and was taught many different torture techniques, examples being water-boarding and bamboo sticks underneath fingernails, as the Chinese Military thought the Xenian forces was a ploy by Capitalist America to take over China, even though Kai never thought the same, but before they were able to 'retaliate' it was 2004 and The 7-Hour War started. Kai was one of the millions of other soldiers forced to fight on the frontlines but somehow managed to survive.

Post 7-Hour War
When the war ended and the entire world surrendered, Kai was sent off to Beijing, this is where Kai met Yeong-Jin Park and since both of them wanted to help the poor and improvised of over-populated City-51 and didn't like The Combine, he was quickly recruited into the Red Tigers. Due to the time spent in the Red Tigers gang and his skill in Interrogation, his actual name became only known to the people in the Red Tiger inner-circle and everyone else out of it has given him the nickname "The Bull" as when he interrogates someone, the next time they are found they are just a pile of gore. He was also promoted to rank of 'Lieutenant' in 2007 and is still in that position today, finally seeing a chance to take over the city, potentially, and make it a better place for everyone, not just the corrupt officials in their 'Ivory Tower'.​

Last edited:
--- Section One ---

*Steam Name: esim boost
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:190762082
*Discord Name & ID: EBoost#8665

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Pfc. Sing Hau
*Character Role: City Administrator Bodyguard / MAA Soldier
*Brief summary of the character: One of the last surviving members of City 51’s Military-Arm Arteria 51st Division, and current personal bodyguard and friend to the City Administrator.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I’ve played a handful of MAA characters and want to see how they could fit into this storyline. I’m also interested in roleplaying close to the City Administration as I’ve never had the opportunity to roleplay closely with them before.
Full Backstory:

XR6WNYe_zm16eghdXEWcS6GZToPBZW2VRFSnbPLFmqnLwybSMetDhvBk8M8xx4e1gOCemYDT9Ax-WHiVluUDGR_qiQ7jG2S74_IiySrRV7LnmpnD6KVk7V4Qz0FkdTjpTQyMXE5qu9OMHQ1S1StOqR92zzvlCdV0CC5PKC5FrpYYRilcLTeYXoXnpQ

The Red Son

Sing Hau was born in 1982 in the City of Beijing. Under the watchful eye of his mother Sung and Pai, along with the Chinese Goverment, Sing Hau grew to understand order the first moment he drew breath from the womb, as he was one of three triplets born the day he entered the land of the Rising Sun. After a hard birthing, his Mother Sung died of complications of delivering her three children. Unfortunately for Sing’s father Pai, Sing was going to be the only surviving child after a few hours. In a sad twist of fate, the Sing’s other two baby brothers stopped breathing due to SIDS.

Sing Hau grew up his entire life under the close watch of his father. The Chinese Government's watch was nothing compared to the ‘care’ his dad Pai Hau gave him during the first 18 years of his life. All Pai would ever talk about to his son is how he would become China's greatest Doctor, perhaps to make up for the loss that he endured those many years ago. Yet, Sing did not share the same ideals as his father. While he was against what his dad had to say, he stayed silent. He studied for his Father, he prayed for his Father, yet most of all, he hated him.

A Son Turned Soldier

In the year 2000, as soon as Sing turned 18 he joined the Chinese military, enlisting to spite his Father. Despite his Fathers mental breakdown as Sing closed the door on him to join the growing army of the Chinese Government, he persisted at what he really wanted: To be a soldier.

He got a letter 7 days after joining boot camp that his Father commited suicide by jumping off the apartment he lived in for 18 years of his life, yet Sing seemed not to care. He grew emotionally distant from his peers in the military, spending nights alone drawing to keep himself sane as drill instructors yelled at him similar to the way his Father did. After months of training, he finally graduated from boot camp, becoming a full fledged soldier as he always dreamed of.

That was cut short.

The Burning Sun

The portals appeared out of nowhere, just only a year after joining the Military. The Chinese electrical systems were the first to collapse under the weight of the Xen, the entirety of China without power. In a desperate plea to survive, the Chinese population rushed to the larger cities in the millions to escape the death that was awaiting them in the Outskirts of the Chinese wilderness.

It was Sing’s job to keep these refugees at bay as they flooded the City. Holding off bridges for days as families pleaded for their lives, only to be turned away to save resources. The days of guarding the cities turned into weeks, and weeks into months. The portal storms had only gotten worse. The City was able to defend itself from the Xen successfully, but the same could not be said for the ones who could not make it in.

Surrounding the Cities of China lay miles of corpses, festered by flies and the maw of Xeno creatures munching on their bodies. Ping was a witness to the horrors of Xen, wanting nothing to do with it, he did whatever he could to avoid being placed into Outlands patrols. His anti-social behavior seemed to do him well, as he was kept in the back of the line, guarding the City walls and patrolling Beijing safely.

They Came

The Combine. They took over Earth in Seven Hours, and Beijing along with it. The remaining Chinese military was quickly formed into the 51st Military Arteria Arm under the watchful eye of the Combine. This Military Arm was under the firm grip of the newly formed City 51 from the very beginning, strengthening its City walls with the help of Ping and tens of thousands of other soldiers. For some time, the 51st Division of the MAA was the biggest of all Divisions on Earth, but that was short lived of course.

After nearly four years of the Combines' reign on earth, Beijing’s powder keg exploded. The people began to riot, the streets filled with the Resistance of the people's will to fight the new Alien Empire that so wished to rule them. Their first targets? The 51st Division of the Arteria Arm.

The sheer population of Beijing overwhelmed the MAA, the majority of them being killed in the first few days. The remaining MAA who survived to escape the walls of the City, only to be consumed by the Xen wildlife, or find their way into one of the few Combine outposts left. Sing was one of the lucky few.

Sing became acquainted with City 51’s City Administrator as he was set to guard the Nexus with the few OTA and Civil Protection left in the walls of Beijing. An unmasked soldier was easy to talk to, compared to the anonymous units of the Combine. While the remaining majority 51st MAA was dissolved into the Civil Protection and Overwatch, the City Administrator allowed Ping to stay as one of the few remaining soldiers of an old era of the Combine. Stuck under the City walls and the arm of the City Administrator, Ping has nowhere else to run.

Tell us about yourself: I’ve been playing here for a few months and have been really enjoying it. These short stories allow me to play new characters and practice things I have not done before, so I think this would be the perfect role for me.
Are you new to Willard Networks?: No
Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: Yes
What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: Combean :angrycop:

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: ZeroPants
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:94990857
  • *Discord Name & ID: ZeroPants#9511
--- Section Two ---
  • *Character Name: Tai Yang
  • *Character Role: Vice administrator
  • *Brief summary of the character: Tai is a power-hungry misanthropist focused purely on advancing his career in the administration. He is willing to sacrifice anything and anyone to achieve his goals.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?: I want to play a really evil character, I want to give *everyone* an antagonist.
  • Full Backstory:

angry.PNG

--- Early life ---

Tai was the only child in a "Traditional" Chinese household, his parents raised him in an authoritarian manner, constantly imposing incredibly high standards on him and shaming him when he failed. Should Tai have gotten anything less than an A on his schoolwork, his parents would shame him for his failure, among other things.

This parenting method made Tai incredibly critical of himself, constantly attempting to improve in hopes of earning his parent's love. He never truly earned his parent's love, by the time he became the chairman of an accounting firm, his parents had already passed away.

Tai ran his company how his parents raised him; like a dictator. Anyone that underperformed was fired on the spot, this left only the very best in the company. Tai's methods helped the company thrive, but his actions ended up causing a number of suicides over the years.

--- Post Cascade ---

When the cascade tore the world apart, the Chinese government gathered the surviving population in a secured city center. Tai survived the years of the cascade in hiding, fearing that the employees he had treated terribly would use the chaotic situation to take revenge.

The Combine's liberation was a breath of fresh air for him, although cruel, the Combine brought order to the planet, something that had been missing ever since the cascade. It was bittersweet, while Tai had the safety he wanted under the Combine, he lacked the authority and power he once had, and he once again began to climb the career ladder.

After "The culling" in 2005, many positions in the administration opened up, Tai hastily applied for the position of Vice Administrator, hoping his skills in management would get him the job

• Tell us about yourself: I'm ZeroPants, I'll let you guess how I got the name. I've been part of the HL2 community ever since late 2016, the first server I ever played on was Nebulous.
  • Are you new to Willard Networks?: Nope, I've been here for a while now.
  • Are you familiar with anyone around Willard Networks?: I know most of the people here, I think.
  • What's your favorite thing about Half Life?: The mystery, there is so much about the lore that isn't ever shown, and there is so much you can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back