Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Guide for newbs in hl2rp

Leon

Radio Bob Approved
Introduction

Hello there folks. My name is Leon. I have been around the hl2rp community for many years, and I always stumble across new folks who only just started to take an interest in the
Roleplay community. Willard Network is one of the most advanced hl2rp community that you could ever see. So let us get started with things you should know about the server.

The server itself has some different approaches to combat here. We are going to start with the combat system straight away cause it might be confusing. The combat system here is mainly
TBC, which stands for turn-based combat. It means that every player has a turn. In each turn, you have AP- Agility points, which are wasted on movements and attacks. Let me show you an example.

This is how the combat will look like on Willard. It is much better than doin' /mes all the time. You can actually shoot, hit a punch, or run based on turns, which more comfortable than whole pain in the ass in the /mes.

BUT it doesn't end there. A new rule has been added that if a person with no sort of melee or ranged weapon you will have to engage in /mes, you will have to perform an action= /me if you attack an unarmed person.

I want to say I instead write in the informal language since it's more attractin' at least to me to read unless borin' long pages with no meanings, so you get me. Well, I hope I uncovered and show you how the combat works in the server. Let us get to another subject.

Economy

Screenshot_50.pngThe economy of the server. Welcome to the digital world, WOW, you got a credit card. Most vendors will have a POS terminal, which is like the mall you swipe your credit card. To check the number of creds you got you to need to head to the terminal, insert your card and check your wallet. Beware, If your CID is taken, most likely your credits as well and your personal information.

To get credits, You can go and get rations at the ration center, Which is located at the plaza.
Ration gives you per two hours 10/15 Credits. The number of credits can change if you find yourself a suitable work place and loyalty level. The higher the loyalty, the more benefits you will gain over others. If you want to get a lot of MONEY, you can open businesses, work, and even trade.

Character customization

Screenshot_55.png
So you have come to the server downloaded the content pack, Now you need a character, and you reached this tab. I recommend the starter to try to think about the biography and origin of the character. From that point, you can select a language to speak. You can speak two languages.

For example, We can make a character named Pi'erre and he from France, Paris. So if you are playing at the server, you can speak in the game the French language, and only French people or folks who learned the language can understand what you wrote.

Screenshot_56.png

By using the command /Fre, your character will "speak" french.

Screenshot_57.png

Appearance here you can customize your character, You can change gender as well. At Willard, you can add disability to your character to make your roleplay more passive. This is a challenge. For example, people who take their glasses will see a blur. If your character can't read, it will force you to ask people to understand what is written on the notepad/news papers since words are mixed.

For the male characters, You can add facial hair, and if you don't like it. You can style it with a beard razor, which can make you lookin' like a chad.

Screenshot_58.png

Attributes!

Attributes are factors that build your character. You can be good with firearms and weapons but don't know how to craft or really handy with crafting but not good with weapons.
You gain eight points, so use them wisely! It can also help you to make a background story of your character, like what work will be most suitable for your character.

Screenshot_59.png

Background

This is the section where your story begins. You can be relocated from other cities, and You can be a local citizen who happens to live in the city and know his way around the block.

You can be a supporter citizen!
You are truly loyal to the combine. You believe in them with your eyes closed, and anyone who against them you should report him.

Outcast, Is the most difficult background to start with since you start empty-handed in a slump, So if your character is handy dandy so you might survive or... NOT

Attribute points and Skills

Now let's get to your character. Your character will have an Attribute points. You can spend on strength, prospection, Agility, and intelligence.

Strength and Agility will provide support to the combat.
Strength improves
- Guns and minority to crafting.'
Prescription- a significant boost to Bartering
Agility- Major boost to Agility
Intelligence- Major to crafting and Medicine

Perms and meanings

Metagame- Metagamin' is usin' Out of character knowledge (OOC) and invert it into In-character (IC). For example, there is a rebel called bonny in general, and you make an ew char and come to him and say, Hi Bonny. That metagame.
For example, let's say you know a known rebel in-game, and you are civil protection, and you are preformin' a frisk with no fundamental reason and arrest them. It's Meta.

FearRp: You need to show fear in-game, yes. You need to Think someone put a gun on your head IRL, and you probably be terrified, so you need to act it in the game if someone threatens you while you are unarmed.

PainRP: If you get shot somewhere in the body, you need to play wounded and seek medical attention soon as possible you are not the terminator Afterall, bud.

s2k-shoot to kill

s2m- Shoot to miss mainly focuses on /mes

Pk-Perma Kill

If I forgot anything or said anything wrong, please comment, and I will update it. :)

Last edited:
The outcasts section seems to have been outdated it is no longer as difficult as it used to be, you get the chance to live with a CID still, and to see a new light on your character, but you begin with 80 SC now, and begin with a flashlight and a few chips (not sure if its only outcast), your entire goal still is to survive but you begin with a bad reputation you can fix on your own by participating in workshifts, every side now has an opportunity to do specific activities that might be a violation, but who knows if you violated it if no one saw it :)

Back