Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Heartwick's unban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastian

New member
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
27
Steam Name: Heartwick
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:439152943

Name of the Admin you were banned by: Fedora

How long is the ban for?: Permanent.

The reason you were banned?: Reasons were stated as "Usage of Characters that are similar / are characters that people have: Willard Newell , Heartwick , Minge behaviour"

Why do you wish to be unbanned?: I wish to be unbanned as I personally believe I haven't done anything worthy of the "minge behaviour" aspect. And relating to the usage of characters that people have, Once I realised my mistake the Character was deleted. Further on this topic I don't believe the character "Willard Newell" is in any violations of the naming conventions.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: No I do not.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them): None.

Side note- I can understand you have your reasons for automatically banning people but I would much rather have a PM saying that I cannot do something, I'm sure that you're a reasonable person and I'm sure we won't have this issue again regardless.
 
Should it be of aid to your choice, I will change my character name from Willard Newell should that become a necessary detail to my unbanning process.
 
Hey,

I looked a bit into this and I noticed that you had a forum account previously that you had deleted:

On the forum and on the server I think as well you have a VPN that geolocates to America, but your original IP is from the UK, so could you provide any information about that as well.

The overall playtime I looked at as well seemed super minimal and from the start, you had a character with Zeus in it and the other characters were variations of "Von-Cyrodiil". I'm letting the admins make the final call on this, but I'll let you provide more information on this as you may know what it looks like right now with the minimal playtime, VPN, old deleted forum account and all that. Also want to note that "Von-Cyrodiil" was your old steam username and now Heartwick is your current username like the in-game character name.
unknown.png
 
Hey,

I looked a bit into this and I noticed that you had a forum account previously that you had deleted:

On the forum and on the server I think as well you have a VPN that geolocates to America, but your original IP is from the UK, so could you provide any information about that as well.

The overall playtime I looked at as well seemed super minimal and from the start, you had a character with Zeus in it and the other characters were variations of "Von-Cyrodiil". I'm letting the admins make the final call on this, but I'll let you provide more information on this as you may know what it looks like right now with the minimal playtime, VPN, old deleted forum account and all that. Also want to note that "Von-Cyrodiil" was your old steam username and now Heartwick is your current username like the in-game character name.
View attachment 10209

I do use a VPN. I deleted the old forum account as I didn't have access to the email.

"and now Heartwick is your current username like the in-game character name." My character is "Willard Newell". The one I believe you're speaking of was deleted when I learned the name was already taken.

As it seems right now, I'll assume you believe i'm running an alt account to avoid a ban? If that is the case you are wrong.
My obscure naming choices simply come from lack of serious RP experience. I left Willard before due to a general disagreement and resentment for the community. And since then I've had a recent resurgence of interest.

I can understand that you have issues with my former name choices but a deleted character is not an active character.

Edit: After some further thought I would like to emphasise that I am a mostly semi-serious player with little to no experience in terms of serious RP. My capacity for roleplay will develop, But it will not develop when I'm blocked from doing so. Should should there be an issue with "lack of RP interactions" then you must understand these will continue to grow in number as my roleplay capacity develops.
 
Last edited:
I've spoken with the staff involved with this ban and are in an agreement to remove the ban but preferably suggested changing of names. So generally in the future as a tip is to avoid having characters that either exist already in the server such as known figures or having characters with 1:1 name copies of famous people in real life such as celebrities or somebody from history. Technically able to have similar first names and surnames but recommend thinking about it before going with such a choice as the name of choice would just be considered super rare nowadays as the server takes place after Half-Life Alyx (Which takes place around 2018).

Ban appeal ACCEPTED
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top