Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I posted this to cause drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Milkman

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Messages
548
no im not making a proper argument or complaint because im too lazy but also this is stupid so i want everyone to see it

nw expedition goes public by accident
1653694673884.png
wraygun reacts
days later wraygun (ota) plans an expedition coincidentally in the exact same location
1653694732550.png
ota shows up to PK rebels via metagame info

1653694829402.png

LOL ok sure

same faction that did a 'training' in the sewers 30 minutes before planned vort escape btw

also i wasnt in the expo at all and im the only one who wanted to make this so all ota mains get mad at me not anyone else ok?
 
Last edited:
When I brought this up in private it was clarified to me that the OTA expedition was also being planned weeks in advance. Whether this is true or not, I don’t know. I will give the expedition managers the benefit of the doubt and trust their word.

It’s a very unlucky coincidence and the OTA being allowed to intercept the rebels only because the rebel expedition was delayed several times sucks, but that’s life.
 
if it truly is a coincidence then i will take it back but also I don't trust ota OOCly so I doubt it
 
Sadly these things happens and the best thing is to move on and make another character with a new plot and develop.
 
Sadly these things happens and the best thing is to move on and make another character with a new plot and develop.
nobody who actually got captured cares whether they stay captured or PK'd or whatever at all, but i still wanted to post this cus i thought it would be funny to call them out
(plus it isn't the first time ota have used ooc information to try to deploy and pull something)
 
When I brought this up in private it was clarified to me that the OTA expedition was also being planned weeks in advance. Whether this is true or not, I don’t know. I will give the expedition managers the benefit of the doubt and trust their word.

It’s a very unlucky coincidence and the OTA being allowed to intercept the rebels only because the rebel expedition was delayed several times sucks, but that’s life.
if it was delayed, I wouldn't necessarily perma PK people because of that, NLR or Temp PK maybe, but a delay is an OOC issue and shouldn't translate IC
 
As it stands, the original idea of deploying to the checkpoint was thrown out the window and was changed instead to an interception (if rebels kicked the hornets nest enough) or OTA arrives afterwards.
 
When I brought this up in private it was clarified to me that the OTA expedition was also being planned weeks in advance. Whether this is true or not, I don’t know. I will give the expedition managers the benefit of the doubt and trust their word.

It’s a very unlucky coincidence and the OTA being allowed to intercept the rebels only because the rebel expedition was delayed several times sucks, but that’s life.
Since you were OTA lead shouldn't it have been okay'd by you first anyways? Or at least mentioned. Smh
 
again, im literally the only one who cared to make a post like this (read the title for my reasoning) and nobody cares and doesn't want it voided ok? But I still think it's sus so i wanted the public to know before im assassinated by EOW hit squad
 
I was one of the vortigaunts on the expedition and am fine with it all, especially considering the fact they're doing a follow-up event.

However, I think this was a mis-use of the interception system, if this was that. I can't speak entirely on behalf of Robert, but I'm sure his intent with the interception system was for rebel groups to intercept one another. OTA shouldn't see an expedition request, then write up an interception request in response just so they can deploy to fight them. OTA presence should be determined by the location and GM, as well as the current level of infamy or whatever of the rebel group.

Seeing as this was the first expo with this new system, the group should have no infamy, and if so certainly not enough to warrant an OTA hunting-party.

However @RedHotGinger could probably explain rather this is a traditional interception or a planned response in the event. However, from what I've seen, I understand this to be OTA seeing an expedition going somewhere, then deciding to intercept it, which I feel is not the point of the system.

(Note: I'm not advocating for any sort of void or re-do of the situation, I just want to establish precedent.)
 
I was one of the vortigaunts on the expedition and am fine with it all, especially considering the fact they're doing a follow-up event.

However, I think this was a mis-use of the interception system, if this was that. I can't speak entirely on behalf of Robert, but I'm sure his intent with the interception system was for rebel groups to intercept one another. OTA shouldn't see an expedition request, then write up an interception request in response just so they can deploy to fight them. OTA presence should be determined by the location and GM, as well as the current level of infamy or whatever of the rebel group.

Seeing as this was the first expo with this new system, the group should have no infamy, and if so certainly not enough to warrant an OTA hunting-party.

However @RedHotGinger could probably explain rather this is a traditional interception or a planned response in the event. However, from what I've seen, I understand this to be OTA seeing an expedition going somewhere, then deciding to intercept it, which I feel is not the point of the system.
(especially with no actual IC information leading them to the expedition party)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top