Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is Black Mesa Incident Common Knowledge?

Silta

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Mar 20, 2021
Messages
147
As the title asks, is Black Mesa known commonly, or is it a rumor/legend?
In Half-Life Alyx there is a common book you find that is a conspiracy about Black Mesa.

Also, I'd put this in the Question thread but I don't have access to it.
 
As far as I can tell, it is common knowledge that there is a big radiated restricted area in center US (supposedly location of Black Mesa) but not sure regarding IC knowledge of what it exactly contains


Note that there was a big operation funded by the government to supress any knowledge of the cascade to the public when it happened
 
I don't really know but I've seen citizens and Cps talking about it a while ago
 
As far as I can tell, it is common knowledge that there is a big radiated restricted area in center US (supposedly location of Black Mesa) but not sure regarding IC knowledge of what it exactly contains


Note that there was a big operation funded by the government to supress any knowledge of the cascade to the public when it happened
Yeah I realize that but in Half-Life 2, Gordon is like a legend for closing the portal to the border world, everyone's talked about him for years and there is even a scene where a citizen blames Black Mesa for the situation they are in
 
Probably. Black Mesa was supposedly a very well known lab. Dozens of military helicopters being sent there followed by a nuclear explosion and alien invasion... not that hard to figure out
 
Depending upon what country your character is from, yes. The United State and its citizens were probably very well versed with the Incident due to large scale media coverage that followed. Something akin to a WMD explosion would hardly go unnoticed. Other countries maybe not so much, depends on how in depth they are as far as foreign politics.
 
Yeah I realize that but in Half-Life 2, Gordon is like a legend for closing the portal to the border world, everyone's talked about him for years and there is even a scene where a citizen blames Black Mesa for the situation they are in
Probably this:
Depending upon what country your character is from, yes. The United State and its citizens were probably very well versed with the Incident due to large scale media coverage that followed. Something akin to a WMD explosion would hardly go unnoticed. Other countries maybe not so much, depends on how in depth they are as far as foreign politics.
 
yeah breen literally mentions it in one of the casts in the main game so i doubt there is point to try and hide it.
I forgot about that! :0 So yeah I guess it is a well known thing
 
The BMI is indeed common knowledge in our lore with pretty much a lot of people being aware that it was the cause of the Portal Storms, the Xenian Invasion and the Seven Hour War. It is not hard for anyone to figure that out with BMI also sometimes referred to in newspapers back in the early years of the occupation and was quite the talk of the world for the first 4-6 years during the portal storm crisis and after the 7HW.

It is still known today, including that of the ECHELON characters (Who know of the story a bit differently due to the Combine Propaganda they have their heads filled with) but yes, it is pretty much publically known.
 
Back
Top