Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JUDGE-1 - The Devil Incarnate's Regrets

  • Thread starter Thread starter Goose
  • Start date Start date
G

Goose

Guest
1670961853212.png

It's been roughly a month since Lambda closed the connection to the Combine Overworld.

You’ve been traveling for several days, your relentless pursuers never far off your trail.

No matter your past affiliations, they hunt you down
relentlessly.

You see an access trail that branches off of the main road, and decide to take it for the chance of losing your pursuers.

The dirt-trail takes you through a forest environment, seemingly a trail used a long time ago.

You begin to pick up the pace, hearing the metallic pounding of the creatures pursuing you in the distance.

You break off the main path, running deeper into the forest hoping the vegetation will cover your trail.

There, you spot an old rundown house, slamming yourself through the door, closing it behind you and barricading it with an old bookshelf and couch.

There's a desk with a computer atop it. Approaching the terminal, you can clearly see the blinking light of the power button.


You take a seat. Turn it on.

Emergency Protocol Activated. Clearance Level Safeguards Removed. Full Access Granted.

Loading...

Loading..

Loading...

Loading..

Loading...

Loading..

You hear footsteps just outside the door. Every first step comes down heavy, the second trailing slightly behind.

Loading...

Loading..

Loading...

Loading..

Loading...

Loading..

Loading...

Loading..

Loading...

Authenticating...

..

..

A dark tripod shape bolts past the window to your right, momentarily blocking out the natural light that flooded in through the windows.

..

...

..

Authenticating...

..

...

..

...

..

Authenticating...

..

...

You tense up, waiting with bated breath, praying it will pass. The echoing synthetic growl of the creature is heard as it scans the environment.

Please Wait...

..

...

..

...

..

Please Wait...

..

...

..

Please Wait...

..

...

..

The creature recedes, you hear it’s thumping footsteps run off towards the trail once more. You let out a long sigh of relief, just as the screen comes to life.

Opening File




AUTOMATED SECURE SYSTEM NOTIFICATION CODE 235 (CMB-235)

There has been an error in retrieving the current iteration of the JUDGE-1 file. You are currently viewing revision #3. Newer revisions can be accessed at the bottom of this page.

Revision 3/12 updated 1312 days ago
Youth & Adulthood
Artyom was born into a life of poverty in the year 1972, in Moscow Russia, under the Soviet regime. Growing up, Artyom had experienced a rough childhood. His parents divorced when he turned 4, after his mother hospitalized his father utilizing a broken beer bottle. Artyom was placed into his fathers custody, and his mother was taken away by the Militsiya. Besides this rather twisted turn of events, life was regular for Artyom until he reached middle school. From there, it became common practice for Artyom to tussle with other students, whether it be verbal or physical due to word spreading about his mother abusing his father.. This is when he first began his smoking addiction, where he'd regularly steal cigarettes from adults, utilizing this minor dopamine boost daily to keep himself as straight as he possibly could.

Once he graduated high-school, life returned to normal for Artyom. He was free of the constant bullying, and instead was appointed to a factory job. His old street-fighting habits would begin to die down, and his belief in the ideals of the soviets increased. This was until the collapse of the soviet union in the year 1991, where he'd lose his factory job. Instead of seeking further employment, Artyom relied on alcohol and his cigarette addiction to resolve his depression due to the collapse. He'd once more begin to fall back onto his old habits of constantly getting into tussles, arguing that the soviets were better than the modern Russian Federation. This all changed when a certain incident happened in an American research facility. He'd begin to pick up the ideals of the Russian Federation, understanding them to be communists, sharing similar goals as the Soviet Union. Once more becoming a working man, though still relying on his addictions for his late-night thoughts.

Post Invasion
Once more, he lost his occupation when the intergalactic alien threat took over earth in merely seven hours in 2004. Artyom was one of the first waves into the new cities, where he'd once more become lost. He'd once more rely on his addictions to solve his crippling depression. Lost without the Soviet and Federations guidance. This wouldn't last long, as he'd soon find this new empire heavily shared the ideals of the Communist party. Artyom felt at home, and became a proud working man, attending every shift he could. Though he wanted to provide more to this government that had given him a new purpose, and thus was in one of the first waves of Civil Protection.

In 2005 he was assigned to City 10 as the Civil Protection began to militarize properly. He'd faithfully serve the Civil Protection, hastily climbing the ranks due to his loyalty and outstanding leadership, which seemed natural to him with his renewed motivation. By 2006, he was officially awarded the title of Rank Leader. Coincidentally, this is the same year the outbreak occurred. During this chaos, Artyom and three of his fellow units had been isolated by the resistance forces that took advantage of the outbreak. Having been captured, they were held as ransom against the union, however they refused negotiations due to the chaos. Artyom and his team attempted to escape custody, successfully doing so. However he'd lose the rest of his squad during the week-long escape of the city. He'd reach a stabilization team two days after his escape, with a torn bloody uniform, a .357 in his right hand, and three objects clutched tightly in his left - souvenirs which he holds to this day. These objects being one object taken from each of his deceased friends, one of which being his love interest before he was awarded the title of Rank Leader.

Rank Leader

Artyom was relocated to city three, where he was diagnosed with the very virus present in City 10. Luckily, yet rather strangely, a vaccination was ready. He’d receive the vaccination, which would destroy any trace of the virus in his system. Thankfully saving him from a rather gruesome fate. However, the virus had heavily damaged his bodies immune system, while leaving him with half of his liver functioning.

Pain overcame Artyom in the years following. He’d abuse his position as Rank Leader to have a constant flow of medigel. Anytime his pain would overwhelm him, he’d frantically apply medigel, hoping that it would prevent the pain in his internals. He’d have several of these so-called pain attacks over the years due to his worsening condition. However, during the years 2016 and 2017, his attacks would surge.

Unfortunately, this caused Artyom to develop cancer due to his abuse of the medigel. Artytom’s symptoms began to slightly emerge in 2017, where he’d have trouble breathing. Mainly after running long periods of time, or after smoking. He was relocated to city twenty four a few months later.

Revision 4/12 Updated 1000 days ago
The Regrets of The Devil
<:: I - didn't know I could still access these files, I figured they'd have turned off my access. Huh... ::>

<:: You know what's funny? I've lived my entire life not fearing death, not fearing anything. I was the toughest, meanest Rank Leader the Union had even seen. Sure, I was brutal, but I was effective. Nobody could kill me, at least not permanently. I tortured, I killed - I did everything for the Union. To what purpose? It's all gone. My life's work, my guaranteed safety. Everything. I spent my entire life, not afraid. Yet, as this illness takes my life away, the only thing I can do is regret and be afraid of what comes next. I'll never be forgiven by any god for the sins I've committed. Could I have done more with my life? ::>


The camera was turned on while the vocoded figure spoke, revealing a rather massive individual. He's sitting in-front of the computer, covered in dried blood. The eye-pieces on his mask are long-since broken, revealing run-down eyes. They seemed - red, as if he had just finished crying. He paused, letting out a shaking sigh. He opens his mouth to speaks more, but stops himself. Shaking his head, before reaching forward and turning off the camera.

Revision 5/12 Updated 995 days ago
I remember people?
<:: I've been thinking about all the people I've interacted with throughout my time, yet, for whatever reason, I can only think of those from city twenty four. Never the less, maybe it'll help me come to terms with myself if I take a moment and state my thoughts on some of the more memorable people. ::>

The civil-protection unit readjusts himself, audibly cracking his back before slouching down into his chair. He lets out a heavy sight, before looking back towards the camera. Still covered in a mixture of dry-blood and dirt, however, one with a keen eye could notice some flesh blood on his neck.

<:: Lysa Vayre. I remember you, at least partially. You were a bit of a bitch, and lacked a couple of brain cells. You wanted me dead - I knew it, but I didn't act on it, because I didn't have definitive proof. I don't regret killing your lover. Yet, I partially regret not killing you myself. A lost soul, maybe, but she would've killed me one way or the other. I didn't have a choice. ::>

<:: XRAY-6... That's.. a name I haven't thought about in awhile. It's funny, she was always a lazy and selfish bitch, yet if you could dig through all that muck she was an amazing woman. Even if I did want to strangle her quite often, I'd never genuinely harm her if I could avoid it.
Her life was thrown away by JURY-181. Coward. ::>

<:: QUICK-7, one of the more troubled units I'd ever deal with. While she was extremely disobedient, we connected after some time when I came to understand her, and prove her wrong. I'm not a robot, I'm a human... right? I miss her bitchy tone and bad jokes. ::>

<:: JUDGE-4, someone I don't remember much, yet his name comes to mind for whatever reason. He's was an alright guy, even if I wanted to deck him sometimes. ::>

<:: Jennifer Maesroe. This woman needs no introduction, at least not to me. She saved my life on more than one occasion, from both medical illness and mental. I'd have committed suicide several times if it wasn't for this woman. She was an amazing doctor and psychiatrist. You know, maybe I'd be better off if she didn't help me. She only fixed me because she had to, I was a goddamn demon. ::>


<:: JUDGE-2 / HELIX-7. I remember you. You were a shinning light amongst the dimness that was the universal union. You were always excited, and never lost faith in yourself. You were a good command unit, despite what most think. I wonder if she's still around, she could probably survive all of this shit. I never wronged her, at least not in my eyes. ::>

<:: Stansfield. There's a lot I could stay about Stansfield, but it's not hostile. I enjoyed Stansfields presence, he was an interesting person to talk with, and just as nonsensical as I am. He's probably amputated just as many units as I have. I miss that guy. ::>

<:: VICTOR-8. That was awhile ago, but he was an alright patrol buddy. I kinda miss the guy actually, he was like a hound on a leash I could release at my problems. Cool guy. ::>

<:: LINE-3 - The name wrings a bell, yet he's not as familiar to me as the others. Strange. I probably should've interacted with the guy more. ::>

<:: UNION-2 - One of the few units I deserviced that had a crush on XRAY-6. I'm not quite sure about the guy, though I know he had a bright future ahead of him if he wasn't chasing a girl. I feel bad for amputating him. ::>

<:: JURY-181 -
You killed Emma. I wish I'd have put that bullet in you myself, you low-down coward.::>

<:: JURY-4 - Honestly, I don't remember much about this guy. Strange that his name comes to mind. We had the occasional chatter, but he avoided me as most other units did. ::>

<:: HELIX-5 - Another name I came to respect. Even if we had our differences, this man did something I could not. He beat his alcoholism, and he was a damn good field medic. I honestly feel bad for how much shit I gave this guy. I'm sure he survived all this, man had nerves of steel. ::>

Revision 6/12 Updated 800 days ago
Intrigue and Evasion
Beginning video playback...

A sound similar to someone placing a VHS tape into a player echo's throughout the room, followed by a rewind.

The camera slowly sputters to life, the ancient speakers on the computer struggling to keep-up with the high-definition audio. The video-feed takes a moment to render, however in the mean-time you hear the familiar sounds of civil-protection jackboots sprinting, and gear shuffling. Finally, the camera renders the footage. It appears to be taken from the perspective of a body-camera on the officers Kevlar. The officer appears to be sprinting through a dense forest, panting rather heavily, firmly holding an Mp7. Behind him, you'd hear the distant echoing of a synthetic howl, followed by metallic thumping behind the unit.

The metallic thumping grows ever prevalent, as the synthetic creature rapidly approaches the officer as he tries to escape. Suddenly, the unit spins around, coming face-to-face with a synthetic remnant of the Universal Union. A hunter. The officer behind the camera pulls the trigger of their firearm roughly, holding it down as they spray a volley of rounds towards the Synthetic beast. After a few moments, and pained howls from the synth, the officers firearm clicks empty. In clear panic, they pull a secondary trigger, sending a grenade launching-out from the bottom barrel of the Mp7. The camera footage cuts to static as the grenade makes contact with the synth. The only audio heard is the officers rapid panting, and the distorted howls of the synth.


ERROR... Fast-forwarding footage past corruption.

The camera sputters to life again, this time in a completely unfamiliar location. The camera appears to be resting on a fallen log, before the officer approaches the camera and grapples onto it. Briefly peering into the lenses, allowing you a good view of the officers blood-shot eyes. After a few moments, and raspy-breathes, the unit spins the camera around, showing a smoke stack off in the distance.

Error.. corrupt footage, fast-forwarding...


The camera suddenly cuts into the video, the officer has drawn closer to the smoke stack. The camera appears to have been clipped back onto the officers Kevlar. As they approach the smoke-stack, there's a rather clear picture of what can only be described as a metallic pod. Suddenly, the officer is thrown off their feet by some unseen force, letting out an echoing vocoded cry as the video feed cuts off. The officers vocoded cry glitches for a few moments, cutting off. After a few moments of silence, a bone-chilling indescribable language is heard.

⊬⍜⎍'⍀⟒ ⋏⍜⏁ ⌇⎍⌿⌿⍜⌇⟒⎅ ⏁⍜ ⏚⟒ ⊑⟒⍀⟒.

Revision #7/12: Video File
Revision 6/12 Updated 799 days ago

A Corrupted City
The next file is... strange to say the least. It seems to be constantly popping in-and-out of existence, as if it's in a state of being half-deleted. Regardless, after a couple of clicks you manage to access the file. The logo of the universal empire flashes for a moment as the video loads, which is soon followed by what appears to be a corrupted image with text underneath it.


IF THEY CAN'T KILL ME...
NEITHER CAN YOU.

After a few moments, the video loads, displaying a familiar sight. The massive Russian seems to be fiddling with the camera once more. After realizing it was turned on, he sat back, removing his mask. Setting the bloodied embodiment of his sins to the side, looking to the camera. He appears 'shellshocked', though in reality he was just deep in thought as he remembers his past. The camera flashes another image, this one seemingly of an abandoned city. He speaks after sometime of awkward silence.



<:: City ten, the start to my nine-layers.. ::>

He pauses, seemingly hesitant to delve further into the topic, but nevertheless presses forth.

<:: I had been a Rank-Leader for about a year when I was transferred to that city. I was there for a brief time, but that's all that needed for my life to get flipped on it's head. I had gotten myself a girlfriend at the time, and a squadron of amazing units. True friends, people I knew I could trust until the day I died... ::>

<:: At least I thought so. ::>

<:: Turns out during my time in that city, I procured a bounty on my head. Fifty-thousand chips. Interesting. ::>

He pauses for a moment, flashing a chip towards the camera. It seems heavily degraded by time and weather. He continues further after a breath.

<:: One day I awoke to the whole-city in chaos. Something about a combine planetary research team 'accidentally' letting out a chemical. With our filters in, I took my team and began to evacuate the city under the orders of the captain. Just before the train departed, I took my team of 'friends' out, in search of any lost blue-suits. We had just entered the slums - the last thing I heard was a singular shot from an Mp7, before my world was black. ::>

He visibly clenches his fist, slamming it into the table. Taking a moment to collect himself.

<:: I got shot in the back of the head. All over a bounty. I awoke sometime later, I believe a week and found those 'friends' handing my apparent dead body over to a resistance black-market dealer. My at-the time 'girlfriend' was flirting with him. I don't recall much after that, but when I came back to, everyone in that room was dead. It took me another week to escape that city.. ::>


<:: My own girlfriend. Ain't that a bitch? ::>

The video feed cuts out, stating that the data has been corrupted. You are booted back to the main file once more.

​
 
Last edited:
Will add a new revision for relationships in the future. If you want added, DM me or write here.
 
Back
Top