Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

JUDGEMENT FEEDBACK - DAY 2

D

Donavin Jones

So, the event got real wacky and even a little goofy.
But, it is what it is.

What did you like about the final event?:

What did you dislike about the final event?:

Did you have fun?:

1/10:

What did you like about the final event?: That we all, surprisingly, managed to S2RP without little to no GM intervention. Amazing.

What did you dislike about the final event?: The whole military train thing was weird, but overall, I enjoyed it.

8.5/10

DO. NOT. DISRESPECT. TITAN.

Last edited:
What did you like about the final event?: The roleplay was kind of on point as soon as I met up with Emmett. We got a car running, we got over to the house as soon as we could, we sorta failed immediately because soldiers panicked and friendly fired. I got peppered with some pistol rounds but some Crossed decided to lift me off the table and brush me off because he thought I turned and to join in on the carnage. I just went ahead and set the kitchen to blow before going out with him and letting the house destroy itself. I was in the middle of trying to reveal my character as human to him but we got killed by S2K-hungry people in the PD later.

What did you dislike about the final event?: Even when S2RP was agreed on, people kept pushing S2K for a while. Some Crossed went ahead by many actions while I was still busy typing my second, and they took all that time to run me over and kill me. I'm doubling down on my Day 1 critique that it moved really fast there, but it was eventually resolved.

Did you have fun?: Yes.

1/10: 7 sounds good. Would've been an 8 if not for the above.

What did you like about the final event?: I got to use the M4.

What did you dislike about the final event?: confusion over whether when I had been shot with infected bullets lead to me assuming I was infected which led to my death, I also saw a cremator get run over by a car which was hilarious.

Did you have fun?: Definitely

6/10:

What did you like about the final event?: I got to play as Titan again and final holdout at Farmhouse was fun.

What did you dislike about the final event?: Entire mess with train and that Crossed and Military didn't even encounter each other until they already got the train running, it was kinda a bummer but thankfully it didn't ended with "Crossed were too late".

Did you have fun?: Yea I had lot of fun.

1/10: I say around 6?

Note:
- Personally I feel like applications should stay up for next event, as I did seen few people just doing s2k and running around holding w + left click.

For example before server ended, I saw one of Crossed just typing one emote and hammering a guy to death, not letting the RP play out. (Survivor had intentions of RPing this encounter)

- There should be some objectives set in for survivors to do like:
* Fixing a radio
* Barricading a safe zone
* Attempting to find a important character with information.
As it did mostly felt like we were just running around, trying to find each other to fight or something. Maybe even have specific roles like Police stay in Station and attempt to turn into safezone, instead of driving widly around and leaving other survivors behind.

What did you like about the final event?: The S2RP was pretty good, and went by without GMs intervening, surprisingly enough.

What did you dislike about the final event? (criticisms): The moment when I realized that escaping this map was actually possible. On day 2 of the event, some of the military men managed to escape through a tunnel that was collapsed (the one with the 2 road barriers and the bus). The end of this tunnel was oocly collapsed and had rubble at the end. I knew this because I had been down the tunnel during day 1, and had already gone across the whole map once if not twice- there were no viable exits as far as I could tell, besides perhaps that one fence-wall that could have been scaled relatively easily (though I did not find this on day 1, admittedly).

Thus, I say this: considering the objective was to escape the city, the possible exits should have had clear signs outlining them as exits. I would have been able to escape day 1 and been able to play as the military men :(

Did you have fun?: Yes, although I couldn't really say the same about day 1. This was probably just a me issue, though (i simply avoided all of the Crossed and went solo for an entire hour on day 1).

6/10

edit: sorry for disregarding the format, don’t feel like remaking the whole thing to fit the format

for the second day i tried RPing as a serial killer type civilian that had a zodiac killer type of thing working in the background of the city before it all went to hell, but that character arc went out the window when the event started. slammed my truck into a car or two trying to get into the city and i get shot at by 2 crossed, managed to escape. then later on i met up with a fucking Senator of the United States, then the military, then people got ran over by trains, a barn fight ensued, i get turned into a crossed, event ended.

not gonna lie today was kinda lackluster in terms of what day 1 presented to us. the complaints seemingly haven’t been addressed at all today and nothing was made to try and improve what has been criticized. another negative thing that really shined in this event was the fact that the GMs had no idea what they were doing, which is bad considering you normally have to plan out an event like this especially since it takes over a week or two to prepare it. a simple question regarding the train station prompted 3 separate answers from 3 different GMs with different opinions of how it should go before they said “fuck it” and then allowed it to be magically opened for a train station sequence.

this doesn’t mean the event was totally bad though. it was a lot of fun and i really enjoyed all of the moments i had in the event. a lot of mistakes were made but they can be improved upon in due time, and with that i can safely say that Bark is a really, really good starting event master and he did a great job hosting this event.

overall, 8/10. barely any bad roleplay came out of anyone and it was really fun. minus two points for the GM confusions and some lackluster nuke ending for day 2. can’t wait to see Bark as an official event master sometime down the line.

Back