Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justwats' ban appeal - 76561199179351835

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustWats
  • Start date Start date
J

JustWats

Guest
Steam Name: justwats
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:609543053

Name of the Admin you were banned by: Robert
How long is the ban for?: Two months
The reason you were banned?:
Mass/Excessive Chip Looping & Exploiting | Malicious Group Behaviour | Appeal at Willard.Network
Ban Reduced to 2 months in accordance with finalized evidence | Appeal at Willard.Network

Why do you wish to be unbanned?: I'll make it short and sweet with each point. I know you guys will be dealing with a lot of these.

To start, I have played the server regularly for the last three months, more or less. I am getting banned for the same amount of time. I have poured almost 700 hours into the server in these three months. I play frequently, am experienced, and put the utmost effort into improving the situation for every player on the server, regardless of faction or niche. I intend to give anyone I interact with on the server an enjoyable experience or story.

I made the group Altruism's Apostles and led it until my character, Saviour, died. I want to initially conceptualize most of the ideology with my group's doings, which was to impose care for others and take care of them by ensuring they were safe, fed, and healed. I rarely ever engaged in combat and always. preached that I intend to do things on the world map and make things more enjoyable in a story for the characters involved. I hardly ever intended to do anything malicious within the group. If anything, I tried as best as I could to make it conducive for all players.

I won't sugarcoat or downplay anything. I used the smuggler to gain monetary affluence. I hate to claim ignorance, but it genuinely was. I was unaware it was looked down upon as recently affirmed. I did not interpret it as exploiting; I thought it was just a feature of the administration's design and setup. I looked at other players doing it from the time between the previous map by looking at what was traded historically from the current items in stock that were sold. This is all I've had to experience on the server being new in the last three months, and all I've seen between the community claiming that it's part of the RPG gameplay mechanics. I made a spreadsheet that explored more than one option and categorized this. I never shared that information with other players. Feel free to ask anyone banned from the same issue. I make many products after RP, from research reports to writings for characters. It's just how I enjoy spending time on an RPG.

These autonomous and passive systems previously assembled a lousy notion that promoted a bad climate for the rebel populace. Everyone could see how the economy devolved. It was not complex, and there were multiple ways to do it. It promoted an innocuous system that gave players the false idea that this was okay. No admin is responsible for it, truly. I think this could have been entirely a situation that could been more or less better officiated with less intense punishment. I understand the blanket ban appeal. I understand the safety net approach to safeguarding the server. Aside from the shock value response, I don't hold any qualms about how things are being handled.

I no longer possess any items on an active character that utilizes chips from these issues in the last few months. That income is on a character outside the economy aside from one new one, which I've used the process to develop my skills through crafting bandages and blood bags. I've done only a minute amount on my active rebel characters, around 1k chips, and focused on developing RP around the Grotto instead. I have zero issues with wiping every one of my containers or inventories on rebel characters. I have no warnings, no prior bans, and I've gone the measures to report other exploits and players in the past. I wouldn't like this misunderstanding of mine to tarnish that notoriety.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: If you want, I can maintain an agenda/spreadsheet for the rebel population of all known exploits to promote better fidelity and understanding of what you should not be abusing and that you will be punished.

Were there any witnesses who could help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them): N/A
 
Last edited:
Ban Information
  • Ban ID: 7cfeb27c-c682-4a3f-b9b2-455d8777a067
  • Reason: Ban Reduced to 2 months in accordance with finalized evidence | Appeal at Willard.Network
  • Length: 60 days 20 hours
  • Date Banned: Sat Sep 16 2023 21:47:27 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Date Unbanned: Thu Nov 16 2023 17:47:27 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Banned By: 76561198032327315 (Robert)
 
Hello @JustWats

I will be taking care of your Ban Appeal. First of all, the Staff Team has seen your Ban Appeal, and we have agreed to ACCEPT your Appeal. Your Ban is going to be turned into a Warning instead. The Warning can not be Appealed!
 
Back
Top