Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Luca Carusso's ban appeal - 76561198880609679

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucaa

Certified Italian man
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
138
Steam Name: Lucaa
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:460171975
Name of the Admin you were banned by: Neonity
How long is the ban for?: 2 weeks.
The reason you were banned?: Metabaiting in pm's, Assassinating a character as a joke, creating a sibling of a pk'ed character to commit a crime for no reason.

Why do you wish to be unbanned?: Firstly, I didn't assassinate anyone I was simply walking on the street when my character had a mental breakdown (my character was a heavy drug user so it happened a lot) which the civil protection asked me to get on the wall. Knowing that I had contraband I decided to fight the protection teams which of course resulted in my death. The people that brought this whole situation stupidly further to kill Uwe to "avenge me" makes no sense at all... I literally spoke to them on that character ONCE. I assume they wanted to use me dying as an excuse to kill someone to which I had no connections to killing him WHATSOEVER. in regards to the Uwe situation I have no clue how it spiraled this much out of control.

Secondly, in regards to "creating a sibling of a pk'ed character" I presume you're on about Luca Carusso which is not pk'ed he is just in France, and I was setting up a lot of lore for this character as you may see in Luca's biography so I wasn't playing her just to piss around she was supposed to be an in-depth character and was supposed to intertwine with Luca.

Thirdly, I will admit me and Uwe have joked around in each other's pm's even on my main character about us randomly murdering each other in which of course we wouldn't murder each other. It is literally an inside joke that every time we see each other we say that we're gonna murder one another.

Finally, I feel like I should be given some sort of chance I've been in this community for close to a year and I've had not even one bad interaction with staff or even a rule break in general. I am known as very friendly in the community and I'm sure people can vouch for the fact that I roleplay seriously and I don't rule-break on any level. This whole situation has completely gone out of control because some people took it upon themselves to avenge me when the person they killed had absolutely no affiliation to the situation apart from just being there. There was 100% no prior thought for any of this to happen. I am not a rulebreaker in this community and the characters I make when I am not playing Luca benefit other people's roleplay.

The whole situation that I was involved in was finished completely fine IC with no problems whatsoever. It was only when these people got randomly involved the problems occurred the only reason I knew they were planning to assassinate Uwe was because I was rping as a bird. The actual problem itself I had no involvement in. And the "victim" of the whole situation referred to me as more or less a bystander anyway.

I would appreciate it if I could at least speak to someone about the whole situation so I could perhaps give further insight or at least explain better since none of this would've happened if people didn't kill Uwe for no reason other than "Oh well he snitched so" My discord is: Lucaa#4469.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
No since I didn't know anything bad would even happen.
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
Perhaps @Lekoboi could give something
 
Last edited:
this was quoted from the Pk appeal "I discussed with Luca in PM's to find out the extent of Uwe's snitching. The result of that showed that Sofia intended on assassinating Uwe" I stated that I threatened him, not assassinated him. The only person that my character ever harmed was the CP she stabbed in the head.
 
Ban Information
  • Ban ID: 5717f494-3f82-48a9-80bc-94d1aa3387d0
  • Reason: Confirmed metabait in PMs, assassinating a character as a joke, creating the sibling of a PKed character to then commit crime for no discernible reason. Appeal @ willard.network
  • Length: 14 days
  • Date Banned: Tue May 30 2023 18:42:13 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Date Unbanned: Tue Jun 13 2023 18:42:13 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Banned By: 76561198070464037 (Neonity)
 
Hello Lucaa, I'll be handling the appeal.

The Staff team has gone through pages upon pages of logs and evidence and discussed your ban in detail.

Secondly, in regards to "creating a sibling of a pk'ed character" I presume you're on about Luca Carusso which is not pk'ed he is just in France, and I was setting up a lot of lore for this character as you may see in Luca's biography so I wasn't playing her just to piss around she was supposed to be an in-depth character and was supposed to intertwine with Luca.

Luca was indeed PK'd, whether this meant he was in France or not, once a character is PK'd - There is no real way of interacting with them unless a PK appeal is made and their situation is voided. Besides that fact, your own characters are not supposed to intertwine or communicate with each other. OOCly its against the rules - And ICly it's /VERY/ rare that siblings would be in the same SECTOR let alone the same District as each other at any point. It's in the Combine's nature to split up families and is why you commonly see CPs relocate/deport characters that are said to be blood relatives with another character. (The rare exception being very high-tiered Collaborators/Loyal CPs/CCA Members)

Thirdly, I will admit me and Uwe have joked around in each other's pm's even on my main character about us randomly murdering each other in which of course we wouldn't murder each other. It is literally an inside joke that every time we see each other we say that we're gonna murder one another.

Had nothing occured to Uwe after the fact of the supposed 'joking', perhaps that would be the case. But your interactions with him over PMs, along with the incident that happened suggest metabaiting, intentional or otherwise.
Had you not discussed this with Uwe prior to your own incident, and when you observed him as your Bird character - Him being assassinated for 'snitching' likely would have been entirely coincidental and could be chalked up to IC reasons - Though it's debatable if such an incident were to happen the way it did without the aforementioned Metabaiting.

--

A lot of care and effort goes into player's characters - Not simply scripts and items either. Character Development that goes on for months, sometimes years, being brought to a complete end for very little reason is extremely unfair to the player themselves. Thankfully Uwe was able to get Un-PK'd, but this sort of thing is an ongoing problem where others irrepealably lose their characters and sometimes their appeals are not accepted. (especially following OOC jokes of assassination to them). Such is the reason why factions such as Civil Protection has spent time reforming their OOC policy on unnessecary PKing as a first choice - Nobody likes losing their character's lore and development over basically nothing or extremely petty reasons...
Whether Uwe was un-PK'd or not has no bearing in what was done. If you break a server rule but the damage is un-done, you nonetheless broke the rules.



After a lengthy discussion with the rest of the staff team, in which all of the evidence and logs and PMs were reviewed, the following determination has been made:

Your Ban Appeal will be Denied and the ban will stay in place.

It's your first ban and should serve as a stern warning; Metagaming/Metabaiting has always been a big issue in Willard. You're a seasoned player and should know full well the consequences of this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top