Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lucaa's ban appeal. - 76561198880609679

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucaa

Certified Italian man
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
138
Steam Name: Lucaa
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:460171975
Name of the Admin you were banned by: Fedora
How long is the ban for?: Permanently
The reason you were banned?: Metagaming using noclip ESP.

Why do you wish to be unbanned?: I don't even know where to start since I have no idea when this presumed rule break took place or how others viewed it but I can just say a little about my side before more evidence is shown. Firstly, I don't like using noclip ESP since it keeps crashing my game as @MazuzaM helped me the other day by telling me to turn it off after I crashed over five times since the names and all the other details make my 1050 blow up.

The only times I used Noclip in the last couple of hours was to one, remove a scenetext of my dead body that I placed after it was moved (Which I found I could've just did /scenetextremoveall or something like that which was a lack of knowledge on my part but nothing malicious) or a sit responding to two civil protection officers that were stuck so I unstuck them. Now something tells me it was the first one that caused this whole mess because no sit was made I just placed down a scene text and moved the prop as well as my CID to make the area actually fit with the scene text, in which I removed after the RP was done and then returned to my original position.

Quite frankly, I have no actual clue what's going on and I'm just throwing out things that could've been seen as questionable by you guys, I didn't become a mentor to abuse the powers or act maliciously on a server I love to spend my free time on but it seems I am now regretting the fact I became one as now I am in this mess, I am a grown man and honestly I have never intentionally acted out of pocket, especially given the new role, which fueled me to enhance my RP's and represent myself better in the community, I will await the evidence and discuss after seeing it.


Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
No since I cannot clip every play session.
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)
@MazuzaM can confirm that I kept crashing when ESP was enabled, turning it off stopped me from crashing. I have also been RPing with @Ekrell for most of my time in the cell so I have no idea what I could've possibly done.
 
Last edited:
Ban Information
  • Ban ID: bdafc98b-b9ed-42e3-9e52-e848f6d59365
  • Reason: Metagaming via No-clip ESP (An abuse of Mentor powers), this is a perma-ban and you will have a one-time appeal at https://willard.network/forums/wn/ban-warn-appeals.31/
  • Length:
  • Date Banned: Wed Jan 24 2024 19:55:50 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Date Unbanned: Thu Jan 01 1970 00:00:00 GMT 0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Banned By: 76561198041459603 (Fedora)
 
Hello! Sorry this took awhile for me to post. I've been very sidetracked with everything going on at the moment.

I would like to preface this by saying that having access to admin tools (such as observer & esp) always puts a lot more scrutiny on you. This is due to a number of reasons. One of them being that, if someone abuses admin tools, it makes us all look bad. The other one is related to trust. Once someone abuses admin tools, it erodes the trust the rest of the staff team has in someone.

Now, the first thing I'd like to point out is your history of metagame. You've been banned twice in the past- once for three weeks, another time for a month. Both of these bans were metagame/metabait:
1706261679957.png

Here is the main bit of evidence that we have which supports this ban.
1706262852011.png
Here in this log you're selling Charles Biglot a pistol in exchange for a CID. He approaches and just says "I'm looking to buy tings.", and you directly say "I'll give you a pistol for your CID". Before opening your stash and selling him the gun, you turn on your powers and enter observer for three seconds. To us, it appears to some of us as if you were checking out your surroundings with ESP.

From there, you remain with your mentor status toggled for over seven hours from between 11:19am through to 6:51pm (est)
1706263237503.png
During this time you entered observer eleven times while still playing Luca Carusso.
1706263459674.png
Almost all of these instances are entering observer for one to three seconds at a time. That isn't realistically enough time to move props, add text panels, or perform sits as you've claimed. Each time you go into observer, you are able to see everyone's name, their steam name, their group, and see them through walls with ESP. Its near impossible to prove that during these eleven instances of using observer, you never knowingly or unknowingly used the information received from the tool on Lucca. Especially given that you were doing it while in RP with him.

Firstly, I don't like using noclip ESP since it keeps crashing my game as @MazuzaM helped me the other day by telling me to turn it off after I crashed over five times since the names and all the other details make my 1050 blow up.
I know that many of us certainly turn off ESP during peak hours due to crashing issues. However, whether ESP is on or off is impossible for us to tell. At the same time, it doesn't mean that you still cannot abuse the tool for metagame, as it allows you to go anywhere and see while being unseen.

Taking into account the multiple bans for metagame on your record, and the logs above indicating clear abuse of observer & esp, as well as the heightened level of scrunity placed on positions of trust (such as mentors like yourself), I believe that a perma ban is appropriate.
 
I guess I will be replying to this after a long wait with me second-guessing myself and whatnot but I guess it's time for it. After reading the statement from mint I acknowledge how this looks quite suspicious on your guys end and I'll admit fair enough if I was you it would clearly ring some alarms. Obviously, it's impossible for me to show what I was really thinking/doing at the time as I wasn't streaming or I don't use any clipping software so it's just my word against everything else.. which to you guys can be taken with a grain of salt, which I understand.

I'd first like to talk about what caused this matter, me giving a pistol to a man for his CID card, what I am about to say has already been spoken about but I will briefly mention it again; I know it was a shitty tradeoff and albeit looks a bit weird.. but as stated my character was in a stage of desperation, in which the pistol was the best thing to "Grab his attention." He was some completely random guy and I would *NEVER* even think about risking my place on this server for even a friend let alone a complete stranger. I was stuck, used the no clip to get out of it then went on my way, and I believe that's why he said "Shit" in looc.

Secondly, I'd like to speak about my prior bans on meta-gaming.. Yeah, I fucked up, I made mistakes in the past which I learned from them, none of my bans actually involved me meta-gaming to gain things from my character they were all just mistakes of actually mentioning his name on other characters, which I have learned that you cannot do, and I would never do again. I am ashamed I have those bans on my profile and I tried to become a mentor to get away from those tarnishes and prove to the community that I am better than those bans.

Thirdly, with keeping my mentor on I have realised that it should be only used for sits and that it should be turned off as soon as an issue has been dealt with, it was my first role on the server with that kind of ability.. I didn't know much, I barley even knew how to use the ESP settings, and mistakes were made.. I am human I guess. But for that, I apologize.

Fourthly, with the going in and out of no clip they were from issues with being stuck or issues that were related to issues but no sit was made, if I'm also aware I might've accidentally pressed V once or twice as I was not used to having it do anything and sometimes I start typing without actually pressed Y and I start pressing commands. I know you'd have to take my word for it, but it's all I can do, I wish I had proven otherwise.

Finally, I am not sure what I could say to you to possible show you that I am telling the truth and that this is complete coincidence, the last couple of months (when the server was active) I never did anything malicious nor even try and break the rules, I just wanted to have fun RPing with the friends I made in this community and I wanted to help out that's why I became a mentor. I was incredibly looking forward to the future of me and my friends RPing and making a change on the lore of the server but I guess that is short-lived. I completely understand the suspicion and the action you have decided to take to shield the community and I would've done the same if I was in your position. There's else I can say from here other than it was a complete coincidence and I would never think to meta-game or even break a rule in the first place, despite my prior record.. if this appeal is denied then it was fun RPing on the server and I made a lot of friends on the way, thanks.
 
hi lucaa

sorry for the long wait, this situation is one of the harder ones to discuss about and there has been plenty of discussion. @Kappatalist and I have decided to reduce to 3 months, however, since this appeal has been up for a month. It will be two months for you now.

we don't have a say on your mentor status, i believe it has been removed as done by the mentor managers at the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top