M3ntal
Radio Bob Approved
- Joined
- Mar 4, 2022
- Messages
- 642
- Thread Author
- #1
Steam Name: M3ntal
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93450871
Name of the Admin you were banned by: Robert
How long is the ban for?: 131400 minutes
The reason you were banned?: 'Mass/Excessive Chip Looping & Exploiting | Malicious Group Behavior
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: Because the ban reason is completely deceptive and untrue. I never looped any particular items, only selling the supplies I've gotten from crates spawned at the beach. I was grinding those and selling what I got from said crates, the only item I've sold in particularly large quantities was disinfectant bandages and that was only because I was leveling my medicine skill. None of the items that I had were majorly distributed at any point in time, nor did the items particularly influence my acquisition of my weapons or my armor. The weapon, my Helsing, was obtained through craft with materials gained from the crates. My armor was likewise obtained through craft utilizing this.
I strongly oppose the insinuation that I was willingly and systematically exploiting the smuggler system for my benefit, rather selling the goods available from the crates that you allow the existence of upon the beach. I should not be punished for selling the goods that I yield from the crates, just because I happen to consistently be able to loot these crates due to me figuring out how their spawn timers worked. I'm not particularly sure how that's exploiting when that was how it is by design, and I did not find a loophole in it, I merely sold the items I acquired.
The disinfectant bandages in particular, which I sold in larger quantities, were not for profit. They were to clear my inventory, and the chips were reinvested back into leveling my medical skill. I actually received a net loss of chips because my goal was not profit but leveling my medical skill, which I achieved and then used to merely stockpile the meds I needed for the expo about to occur at the time.
The last accusation is the most false by all. I never at all aligned myself with any groups, nor devised literal spreadsheets of profit with which to maximize profit per smuggler run. Frankly this double standard of punishment application is rather irresponsible on the staff team's part, considering that there were numerous times certain items allowed a net profit and were exploited but went unpunished, and unwarned.
EDIT: Additional context. The quantity of the items I possessed can be explained by the fact that I often get on very early and grind the crates. For me, at around 8 or so in the morning, I keep track of time when I loot the crates, and then wait, and repeat. I've done this many times, and all these items, apart from what I've used to level medical experience, and those items were bought with chips I've earned from selling things from the crates, were obtained from crates.
EDIT2: I recognize that my language came off as aggressive during this, but I don't want to be accused of something I didn't do.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: I wasn't recording at the time I was leveling my medical skill or selling the items from the crates, but it can be attested by multiple people that I frequented the crates at the beach and did not occupy myself primarily with profiteering from the smugglers. I did roleplay as well, and a substantial amount of it.
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them) I do not have any specific witnesses because, I did not keep a track of who saw me looting crates, but I believe that Tuki can perhaps attest.
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93450871
Name of the Admin you were banned by: Robert
How long is the ban for?: 131400 minutes
The reason you were banned?: 'Mass/Excessive Chip Looping & Exploiting | Malicious Group Behavior
Why do you wish to be unbanned?: Because the ban reason is completely deceptive and untrue. I never looped any particular items, only selling the supplies I've gotten from crates spawned at the beach. I was grinding those and selling what I got from said crates, the only item I've sold in particularly large quantities was disinfectant bandages and that was only because I was leveling my medicine skill. None of the items that I had were majorly distributed at any point in time, nor did the items particularly influence my acquisition of my weapons or my armor. The weapon, my Helsing, was obtained through craft with materials gained from the crates. My armor was likewise obtained through craft utilizing this.
I strongly oppose the insinuation that I was willingly and systematically exploiting the smuggler system for my benefit, rather selling the goods available from the crates that you allow the existence of upon the beach. I should not be punished for selling the goods that I yield from the crates, just because I happen to consistently be able to loot these crates due to me figuring out how their spawn timers worked. I'm not particularly sure how that's exploiting when that was how it is by design, and I did not find a loophole in it, I merely sold the items I acquired.
The disinfectant bandages in particular, which I sold in larger quantities, were not for profit. They were to clear my inventory, and the chips were reinvested back into leveling my medical skill. I actually received a net loss of chips because my goal was not profit but leveling my medical skill, which I achieved and then used to merely stockpile the meds I needed for the expo about to occur at the time.
The last accusation is the most false by all. I never at all aligned myself with any groups, nor devised literal spreadsheets of profit with which to maximize profit per smuggler run. Frankly this double standard of punishment application is rather irresponsible on the staff team's part, considering that there were numerous times certain items allowed a net profit and were exploited but went unpunished, and unwarned.
EDIT: Additional context. The quantity of the items I possessed can be explained by the fact that I often get on very early and grind the crates. For me, at around 8 or so in the morning, I keep track of time when I loot the crates, and then wait, and repeat. I've done this many times, and all these items, apart from what I've used to level medical experience, and those items were bought with chips I've earned from selling things from the crates, were obtained from crates.
EDIT2: I recognize that my language came off as aggressive during this, but I don't want to be accused of something I didn't do.
Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: I wasn't recording at the time I was leveling my medical skill or selling the items from the crates, but it can be attested by multiple people that I frequented the crates at the beach and did not occupy myself primarily with profiteering from the smugglers. I did roleplay as well, and a substantial amount of it.
Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them) I do not have any specific witnesses because, I did not keep a track of who saw me looting crates, but I believe that Tuki can perhaps attest.
Last edited: