Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Maine's appeal - 76561198148221864

Maine

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
262
Steam Name: The Fog Deluxe
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:93978068

Name of the Admin you were banned by: Maroon
How long is the ban for?: Permanent
The reason you were banned?: Apparently for ''High-Risk predatory behavior''

Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
This appeal goes a lot about an appeal from another community in 2021, as I believe this is what got me banned. I don't have the screenshot of the appeal, though I do believe it's still in the Unity chats as Pandafish seemed to frequently post them there for whatever reason.

From what I've gathered, I believe this ban was made upon the sighting of a Ban Appeal I had back in RUG, 2021 which was quite a time ago. Now I somewhat understand Maroon's reasoning for it, although I was left confused as Pandafish had posted the same screenshot of it times before. The first one I believe was 2-3 months back with Memesky present in the chat. Now I was under the assumption it was dismissed as I believe it was stated that it had been brought up before and didn't go anywhere. Though If I'm wrong then do correct me.

Firstly for the screenshot. I used to play with a group of Semi-Serious players who were actually the ones who introduced me to RUG. I was new around there and still wasn't all too used to RP in general. So one day an update had broken the height limitations on the server and I checked it out to see if it really was broken. And the kicker? It was broken so I made an awfully short character which I was going to delete right after as it served no purpose. But one from the group insisted that the char be a meme child char. Which was a "Fuck around and find out what happens" scenario. And looking back, following along with it was the dumbest possible decision I had made back then. which I do regret to this day.
And to mention I only did this one time which was what resulted in the ban appeal. Nothing major happened other than the character eventually being amputated, and after the Appeal, I decided to leave that behind as a mistake.

Secondly, Age ties in with the appeal screenshot. The age in the screenshot is accurate, I was 13 in May 2021 when it was taken. Currently, I'm 14 and I turn 15 on August 27th. Even though it's a common statement I'll have to say that kids make mistakes. And back when the screenshot was taken, I wasn't the brightest of minds.
Though one thing I need to clear up is how I had been lying about my age in Unity. I've said I was 16 (For a couple of months I believe?). And the only reason I do this is that back when I used, to be honest with my age a lot of people used to act differently than they usually do. Which just made me say that I was 16 so that people wouldn't treat me differently than others and I just kind of wanted to ''Fit in'' with the rest.
But even then, I apologize for having lied about it.
(Though If possible I'd like for the age to not be mentioned to others outside of the appeal.)

So to summarize.
-The occurrence which got me banned happened over a year ago. I made a mistake that I acknowledged and learned from. I made sure to not make the same mistake after that
-I'm underage. Which obviously didn't give me any right to what happened, although It was a mistake as mentioned. I was dumb back then and didn't realize it until after the appeal was made.
-It happened over a year ago in another community and only once. As stated, I rendered it a bad mistake that I didn't want to look back on.

I just feel as if the decision of an immediate ban due to a screenshot that was over a year ago with missing parts was a bit too harsh. And I'd gladly be up for discussion on this if Maroon / Ban managers want to talk. Although one thing to mention is that the 2021 Ban Appeal was accepted and cleared up. Even though it wasn't included in the screenshots that Pandafish has been posting.

Note: I'm not the best writer so if there's anything that isn't understood then I'll try to say it in the comments if a discussion is made.


Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: N/A. Don't think I have anything that can support it.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal: Not sure? Only "Witnesses" may be those who are in Unity in the Underground discord.
 
Last edited:
Apologies, but a lot of information linked you to the ban reasoning. With everything being reviewed however it seems to be clear that this was a mistake on our part.

Accepted​
 
Back
Top