Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MedRP mortality

Would you be okay with MedRP carrying the chance of death when seriously injured (Critical or worse)

  • Yes

  • No

  • Undecided


Results are only viewable after voting.

RedHotGinger

The Owl
GALUNGA
Joined
Sep 25, 2020
Messages
852
This was discussed briefly within the Discord and it got me wildly curious as to whether or not people would be okay with the possibility of potentially dying on the table when seriously injured. Technically as of now MedRP is a formality and you are 100% certain to live once you make it to the table. So, if by simple reasonable assessment of wounds, or by game mechanics such a rolling Would you be (In general) okay with MedRP carrying the chance of death when seriously injured (Critical or worse)?
 
But what would happen to my epic character development and grind if I die?
 
I think the underlying issue is the Civil Medical Union in general. I think it needs to be removed. It is a horrible faction that caters to girlish men & lesbians (women ugh). The people there do nothing but waste five hours of my roleplay writing extremely long /mes on why I have testicular cancer and I kid you not, the only other thing they do is sit behind the counter all day doing... Something. It's terrifying, these people are NOT normal.

Please react with Agree if you Agree with my assessment.
 
Personally would be fine with dying if I got blown up or something.

If it's something that doesn't revolve me missing 3/4ths of my body and has a chance of me surviving, I'd rather have my character temp-PK for a few days or so, presumably being stuck in a medical ward under extended care. Of course, that wouldn't make sense gameplay wise, since you can just eat a few medkits and get saved from missing half of your torso, but I think that would kinda be nice.

Wheelchair RP when?
 
If this has been the case before, yes. If someone ambushes you and the ambusher dies but the victim is critically injured and not going to survive he should not get NLR if he gets to the ER, his death is not the doctors' doing/fault, making it NLR(?)
 
There needs to be a way to bandage yourself if this is the case, Realistically if you're shot and downed you can bare minimum bandage yourself to stop yourself from bleeding to death there and then or at least apply a tourniquet. You should be able to at least temporarily stabilize yourself as you're downed but from here you'd need to be moved and properly treated. I.E Surgical kit. Medkit. Medgel. ect.

Drugs should also effect the stats and how this system mentioned in the thread above would play out.


I'd rather lay there as a vegetable needing medical help because I got my shit kicked in then just flat out bleeding to death in under 60 seconds. Beacuse hardly anyone patches up people who are downed.
 
I want to say no because I think ideally this should be in the power of the player, debilitating wounds are inherently more fun to deal with than being... dead. Though I'm not quite sure where I'd draw the line. I think an admin could force a death under certain circumstances, whenever I've been in the CMU and somebody has had wounds which would kill their character generally this gets met with a brief chat that they will die if they RP it this way, the only people I've seen take the L on the operating table are event characters/CCA types with one or two exceptions since I joined on and off close to a year ago.

CMU is currently limited to surgeries no longer than 45 minutes unless everyone agrees otherwise, which does remove the worry of waiting forever in surgery RP only to lose your character to chance. But also it's that... without supporting this idea across the board it would make it entirely pointless travelling to the CMU, there is best I can tell no obligation for you to do anything other than grab a few bandages and wait out the healing timer as opposed to rolling the PK dice at the clinic.
 
if there was a system for this I would prefer that, I would rather not have my shit all down to a dice roll with complete random chance especially when I have to sit through a doctor reaching their over the top word count
 
While not necessarily advocating for more deaths in medRP (though it should always be a risk), I'd love to see more permanent, physical disabilities spawned from surviving harsh, dangerous procedures from injuries (i.e. permanent limp, respiratory struggles, general disfigurements). This should be especially exemplified for rebels who manage to survive grave injuries, as they may not be blessed with the proper tools and medications to completely recover.

Not only do these types of injuries create more depth and visual progression for what a character's undergone, but it could also spawn a level of resentment, anger, discontent, and many other negative emotions to push a narrative against whatever specific group or character put them through the ringer -- the scars exist both physically and mentally.

What's egregious and terrible storytelling is having a character get lit up like a Christmas tree and put to the brink of death, only for them to be walking around the next day like they scraped a knee.
 
Last edited:
This was discussed briefly within the Discord and it got me wildly curious as to whether or not people would be okay with the possibility of potentially dying on the table when seriously injured. Technically as of now MedRP is a formality and you are 100% certain to live once you make it to the table. So, if by simple reasonable assessment of wounds, or by game mechanics such a rolling Would you be (In general) okay with MedRP carrying the chance of death when seriously injured (Critical or worse)?
No, it's a violation of the rules of the server under:
2) Powergaming
It is not allowed to perform actions that would not be possible in real life either, this is not limited to roleplay through /me. It is not allowed to force actions upon another player. You are not allowed to roleplay a non-player character.
Powergaming Explanation:
E.G.
3. Roleplay through a /me to shoot a player with the result of the player ending up dead in the process.

We can extrapolate this to extend the rule to MedRP executions, as it would effectively be the same thing (roleplay resulting in the death of a character without them being able to retaliate).
This will be used by the CMU (which is one of the most OOC'ly unstable civilian Combine factions on the server) to destroy players with total volition. They already exterminate people for going to them for help with their spore meter, and just get Civil Protection to finish them off.

This is an evil suggestion. Please do not even entertain this garbage. We play on a server primarily populated by people who speak English as a second language, and it would be stupid to assume the average citizen can accurately depict their injuries to save their own life. CMU is notorious for killing off people who don't adhere to their personal standards regarding pain/injury RP and giving them the agency to actually wipe out these people is straight out batshit insane. They literally copy-paste Mayo Clinic crap from a shift+tab, it's the most uninspired and monotonous form of RP ever and the weight of death from it is entirely unnecessary.
 
Fine with dying if the vast majority knows what they are doing - which is a high bar since you can't expect many to be very knowledgeable in the field...
Otherwise it'll be a diceroll and I'm not sure I'm a fan of death being decided by that.
Ideally, like it kind of is already, the player and perhaps in collaboration with the person treating them, should decide the types of wounds and injuries and the consequences thereof from a good P2L mindset - but that's also a high standard to wish for...
 
I think the underlying issue is the Civil Medical Union in general. I think it needs to be removed. It is a horrible faction that caters to girlish men & lesbians (women ugh). The people there do nothing but waste five hours of my roleplay writing extremely long /mes on why I have testicular cancer and I kid you not, the only other thing they do is sit behind the counter all day doing... Something. It's terrifying, these people are NOT normal.

Please react with Agree if you Agree with my assessment.
I agree but fuck u too lol
 
Back
Top