Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

NIGHTFALL - Feedback Day 1

Ekrell

Radio Bob Approved
Post your thoughts here!

Here are some fun facts while we're here:

Total Death Count (Number of Boogeymen): Eight
Total Death Count (Caused by GMs): One
Total Death Count (Caused by Players): Seven :angrycop:

Logs found: #1, #3, #5, #7
??? found: 0/3

Current Day: Four

Mental Warfare worked out in my eyes.
vuh7gnV.png

For those who left early Day 1 or couldn't attend, all the logs will be posted on the announcement channel.

See you on Sunday!

T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S T H E V O I C E S

Whoever stole Gary will answer for it, in the end i got him back. But overall good job with the music and setting up the map so far.

Felt like the Leader of the expedition held no power. No one had any need or intention to follow a word he said. While it might be realistic that this could happen, it does cause a complete lack of organized direction that was most definitely needed and intended by the GMs of this event.

Really good event. Up there together with your purgatory event. As the “leader” of the expeditionary force playing Wilde, the second leader being the rank-leader (played by Wraygun) I enjoyed it. Of course, degradation of command happens when total havoc is unleashed. But there were schisms with Wilde; seeking to ensure the safety of all his expeditionary members whilst Civil Protection RL was more concerned for his men. Enjoyed it though and felt very realistic…

The madness, guided by apparitions Wilde strove our alone and found the church with their help. The total dissociation and madness, with “doppelgängers” coming into the play was really awesome and well thought out. Got really surprised upon seeing my own character running past me and into the “hideout”… before the subsequent conflict of whom was the real one.. can’t wait until Sunday.

Well done, Ekrell.

10 out of 10 SS

Fun event, for what I played of it. I played an evil ass vortigaunt alongside @Raptorian and we definitely had a lot of fun with it. We'd finish each other's sentences, constantly affirm eachother, and just generally do whatever twin vortigaunts do.

We didn't have too many in depth relationships outside each other and the spirits. We went off and schemed on our lonesome, gathering info that we shared only for our own benefit. Our end game was to replace the Wendigo creature in the crystal as wardens of the valley. Obviously, that didn't pan out.

We were suspicious to the humans throughout the event. People didn't really notice how blatantly sinister we were (carrying around dead bodies for "experiments", whispering to each other, etc) until we let in the spirits on the first nightfall. The hooded models were pretty intimidating so the humans didn't like it one but, especially because it involves opening the door.

That's pretty much what led to our demise.

On the second nightfall we opened the door to let more spirits in but were baited by GMs spawning in some of the Cry of Fear NPCs. We couldn't really of known whether we were being baited which was fair enough, though it is a shame because it lead to our deaths. When we first saw them we wanted to kill them ourselves to avoid attracting attention. Turns out the NPCs had stringer hands than us though and managed to put me into bleed out (I tried to run at about half health but I got stuck by something, probably the NPC). The rest of the players came and after some internal conflict shot us both to death for letting the creatures in.

There was a lot of drama before our death, a sort of "will they won't they" that we weren't in too much control over. By the time that door opened and the Cry of Fear NPCs were spawned there wasn't much we could actually do, given it out a massive target on our back for basically every other player in the event and we were stuck in a confined space with them. We certainly made quite a few mistakes (namely, being so openly suspicious, and then falling for the door trick), though we were basically in control for the large part before our deaths.

The event was set up very well. The use of intros to break the days apart was very visually interesting, the day/night mechanics were very intelligently designed and the ID system is great for letting in other GMs on what's going on. The danger was real but done in a way that made it easy for GMs to punish since the mistakes players would have to make were so clearly telegraphed

Drying is rarely that fun but my only real major complaint was the ridiculously long setup. Setup began at 5:30 and the event started at around 7:20. I understand setup is actually one of the more stressful parts of an event since everyone wants your attention and has nothing else to occupy them but this is way too long, even with the extended player count and whitelists that needed setup. I'd strongly advise rethinking how you organise the setup so that it doesn't take as long (maybe even create containers beforehand for people that you can just give them the password to if you have to).

The event also was pretty long itself which was starting to drain me even though I left early due to my dying (If my fellow vortibro has survived since the spirits gained knowledge of a lot of stuff ICly that would've been an interesting (especially since our vortigaunts were quite entrenched in macabre arts, I don't even think being a spectre would've disturbed them - they would've been completely objective about things and been able to commune calmly with eachother for the best result), but given both of us were the only ones alive that were able to talk to the spirits we didn't see much point since our interactions would've been limited. That, and it was getting pretty late on my end and I still had to eat (figured I'd do it after the event since I didn't realise it'd last so long).

Overall, extremely solid event. 8/10 for me for day 1.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Boy where do I even start. I'm a fan of horror. I'm a fan of Half-Life 2 Roleplay. Who knew that combining these two could lead to not only an intriguing narrative and plot, but a RICH roleplay environment? The voice acting, the lighting, the map itself are all a 10/10 in my eyes.

As for my own experience, I have two words: PRAETORIAN GUARDS.
I'm eager to see what the 2nd day will look like, and I'm very much interested to see IT. The fact that cops and rebels have to cooperate during this is what spices things up, because you can tell that it's an uneasy alliance, bound to break down.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 1
Having a blast so far, can't wait for today for part 2.
I compiled a video of some of the things that happened on part 1. I still have more clips to go through, so I'll probably release the rest after today.

Last edited:
Having a blast so far, can't wait for today for part 2.
I compiled a video of some of the things that happened on part 1. I still have more clips to go through, so I'll probably release the rest after today.

The first part is so fucking good

Back