Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Operation Darkest Hour

Cengiz

Admin
Staff Member
Admin
Creative Team
QHPH4g3TVWNoSvU9oNUKzn1toJxOmQb7gsR_5a5MdmPRe0l8NeGR3eeKAcMKYBFS2LILfgAKHoNBlpogI4QToyKWrMvSsx26S7c7m16jNYqbBrCL13FPNLTtB48wP1m7bwANPWwO2NzewiCmV4B9-dG55FjCBqYtXcBXNwEcAVzF-i4ZmDWNW9nT84ZlvA

Synopsis

DvrwTfCTD87jMU7E2ao-w_HVrKNiQXQ3ot5fptMKMQiGX91tf36QYDqx569kCgAAuM8WJFrDe_wh4oktK8wu007sp-TAFhCQpuVn7JIFjbrGUDY2Vn-D1U0HKimBgUvjrCEI-jpbgcL6gxvT1AvwLdFSRUzY9d2gIa03qFHkGO3u_Br-nyogrX9yBtIjEg

( Overwatch Standard Forces )

You are an MAA Soldier from the Overwatch Standard Forces currently Deployed in City 24. You have received orders to reinforce the Exclusion Zone-024...currently, there are Overwatch forces and various synthetic units deployed there. When your unit left the city, they lost radio contact with the Overwatch units on the ground in Exclusion Zone-024. Your orders are to hold Exclusion Zone-024 at all costs and find out what happened to the rest of the units on the ground. More Overwatch units are being sent in ...but for now, you are on your own​

WczBqb5KYIbYSXtRePNbE5afjCpyfREZa5S3CJNatcsvWAcisBK0-uE-fzR_nuERreGXiIQtvpA1U-7Gns6AkUXmupkouk9T2rGkB8Ela46sVuHYQfERNTvux9m5Z1IhJmCnX2jglEdkUVOWeUVBCEJd-BnJ9BYH_8Zjv_ERTx8L8u_A9u_FT26mejh6Pg

( Overwatch Transhuman Arm )
The remaining Overwatch Transhuman Arm forces from the Exclusion-Zone 24 have been cut off...they have lost Radio Contact with Dispatch and are trying to find the remaining Scientists. To protect them from Threats? To evacuate them from the Exclusion Zone? Only time will tell …​

B4Mnbi8g00UeUMpDXRgPCpzITNiJtelNg5Pu1j0X94QMn-3zpW680ZVIhQmwL6TCkgX3YydBcxCc7DmSlg0SXrcGlWy8zVoQ850JGPslzWxzFiOpoBjdVZNhMBbTECA2vL_m9qmMHftuL2879mVww2pcSAMDRnLrUmnf_eP82RHJuzE7aVy26Pqb1zjwfA

( CPRD Scientists )

"Huh...everything is going to shit, if anybody can hear this I am Researcher [REDACTED] currently working on Project [REDACTED] inside the Exclusion-024. The Containment of the Test Subject has failed and it has killed nearly all Researchers and Overwatch Soldiers on Site! We are currently inside a Secret ......*Loud Footsteps can be heard....something is trying to open the door* No! No!....Sta-*Load Screams can be heard *

You are one of the remaining or surviving CPRD Scientists in the Exclusion Zone-024, your mission was to study and examine the Test Subject that broke the Containment. Your only mission is now to survive and leave the Exclusion Zone. You know that the Combines will not accept your Failure...so you should avoid them and find another way to leave this hellhole​

The Environment

"Your surrounding will be hostile....there will be Creatures you haven't seen before and danger you never thought existed, you will need to watch every step you take. The Main dangers however lurk near...Chornobyl the Old Nuclear Power Plant. This should not be entered under any circumstances. A 2-minute stay in the vicinity of Chornobyl is fatal, Bad Weather near Chornobyl and in the Exclusion Zone has worsened radioactivity. You should be ready to find shelter to escape Bad weather every minute.

"Mutations in the Exclusion Zone-024 are not something new....so be prepared to face dangers, mother Natur, and even your own kind..... Although many dangers lurk...you can also find many treasures left behind...I have heard rumors...about a part of a scientific experiment...however, this overrides my salary...if you find notes or any other information about this experiment...you will be generously rewarded."

"I have also received information that something is moving in the vicinity of Exclusion Zone-024, we have not been able to find out exactly who or what is hiding in the woods near Exclusion Zone-024 but stay on alert. Always wear your protective gear and never take it off...whoever may request it. You will not survive in Exclusion Zone 024 without your protective gear. and finally..Overwatch forces have written reports of strange noises or whispers at night...so avoid working in the dark at night...rather stay in a safe shelter .... where nothing can happen to you"

When will the event be held?

10.12 -11.12 6 pm BST

How do I take part?

To take part, you must be part of the OSF or the OTA.

Or, if you do not hold an OSF or OTA whitelist, do not worry, as you can also sign-up to partake in the event as a CPRD Scientist

5 / 6 OTA Members [ Applications for OTA OPEN ]
@Dej
@Astro
@reece
@Mullet
@SSN571

12 / No Limit OSF Members
@The_Grass_Man
@GopnikPizzafox
@Donavin Jones
@zzeflinggt
@No.6
@neongaze
@Niklas
@HalfLife2CitizenMale09
@Fallizs
@AppleFlavoredFox
@afibon
@AgentImperiya

4 / 8 CPRD Scientists [ Applications for CPRD Scientists OPEN ]
@JakaSmith
@felixpiuskiller
@Landon
@Imperator RAD-X

1 / 1 CPRD Project Overseer [ Applications for CPRD Project Overseer CLOSED ]

[ Killed in Action]

CHARACTER FORMAT

The * symbol represents a required filling, below.
Please DO NOT put your answers in bold, as to make the entry easier to read.
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID:
  • *Timezone:
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
*Brief summary of the character:
*Why do you want to play this character?:

--- Section Three ---

( if you are applying for a CPRD Character )
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: Y / N
  • What position are you applying for? Scientist or Project Overseer
  • The backstory of your character

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: The_Grass_Man
  • *Steam ID:
  • *Discord Name & ID: The_Grass_Man#6549
  • *Timezone: Italy, GMT+2
--- Section Two ---
  • *Are you applying for an event character?: No
--- Section Three ---
  • *Character Name:
  • Paolo Menta
  • *Brief summary of the character:
  • A young private of the OSF's 24th Battallion, he's a designated marksman. He's a kind lad who loves his comrades and the OSF. He's likeable, charismatic, and intelligent. He's a true Italian patriot, if you dare touch his country be sure there'll be a brawl.
  • *Why do you want to play this character?:
  • Because he's my OSF character and he'd probably be prosecuted for desertion if I don't participate in this event. Also because I love these kind of events and I'm sure my character will bring some cool interactions. The standard motives basically.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Dej
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68827315
  • *Discord Name & ID: ShockyC#0978
  • *Timezone: GMT+8
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/ORD.MONARCH-12
*Brief summary of the character: Overwatch Ordinal
*Why do you want to play this character?: I need my fill of EVENTS, and also I'm very bored.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: willumhf
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:133779472
  • *Discord Name & ID: willumhf#0507
  • *Timezone: GMT -8
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.JUDGE-32
*Brief summary of the character: Overwatch Soldier of the Transhuman Arm
*Why do you want to play this character?: Boredom!

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Leudoberct
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80190
  • *Discord Name & ID: Leudoberct#7951
  • *Timezone: GMT +0
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.MACE-14
*Brief summary of the character: Overwatch Soldier
*Why do you want to play this character?: For fun, I guess.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Apollo7771FO3
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40787669
  • *Discord Name & ID: Nezoose#5231
  • *Timezone: GMT-6
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.PAYBACK-45
A living example of the future of humanity.
I need my Willard fill.

--- Section One ---
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/OWS.SUNDOWN-21
A standardized unit of the Transhuman Arm
Mostly practice and fun! Need to get into the groove of OTA RP sooner than later.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Gopnik Pizzafox
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54081766
  • *Discord Name & ID: AlextheFox212 🌹🌈#9626
  • *Timezone: GMT+2
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Deyan Markovich
A private in the OSF. A young Serb man, Markovich has served in one deployment so far, and is eager to participate in more, for rewards, bragging rights, and to fight with his comrades.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Well, since my character is in the OSF, events like these serve as major points for character development. And well, this is his job, so.

--- Section One ---
*Steam Name: wackyTiger
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:506620259
*Discord Name & ID: wackyTiger#7899
*Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
--- Section Two ---
*Character Name: Paul Kent
*Brief summary of the character: One of the eggheads of the CPRD, responsible for running the project in the first place. Paul is an Englishman, particularly from the United Kingdom and is renowned for his knowledge and prominence in the field of science. He's stern, authoritative, though weak and helpless during a firefight.
*Why do you want to play this character?: For a while, I've mostly been playing badass characters that get themselves into fights and know how to handle themselves in any given situation. Playing as a scientist in a situation like this would give me some pros and cons, that of which being that I'm practically the smartest person in the room but is defenseless against practically anything that has a gun or sharp limbs.

--- Section Three ---

*Are you applying for an event character?: Y
What position are you applying for?: Project Overseer

Background

Before the invasion of Earth, Paul dabbled in almost every field of science throughout his life. His successful and popular status as one of UK's brightest minds was out of his grasp until he was in his mid-50s, of which earlier in his young adult life he spent most of what he knew teaching other students in universities. Sadly, his teaching resources were often wasted as many didn't particularly seem to grasp the knowledge that he possessed, resulting in him leaving the university to become an independent scientist of his own.

He tried inventing, it failed. He tried chemistry, it failed. It took him ten to twenty years of dedication to get where he is today. He dabbled in the world of sci-fi and contributed to the invention of technologies such as the computer, at one point lending a hand to design the first ever world-wide web.

One day, as he was exiting his local office... he saw what would eventually lead to the end of an era. The Combine had invaded Earth and quickly swept the world on its back, turning it into a dystopian future that many scientists like Kent himself had feared in the past. Though, Paul didn't worry to much as many had attempted to negotiate with the Combine in order to contribute to the Overwatch Forces.

Paul was able to work as a scientist under the Combine, proving his worth to his benefactors and showing that he's capable of anything when it comes to science in any field. At the age of 57, he was tasked with being the Project Overseer within the CPRD, of which he would accept... not knowing what would be ahead of him for the future.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Mullet
  • *Steam ID: 76561199046515986
  • *Discord Name & ID: Mullet#8928
  • *Timezone: GMT+0
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: S10/EOW.RANGER-01 (if allowed) / S10/OSL.QUICKSAND-13
*Brief summary of the character: Overwatch Elite / Overwatch Squad Leader
*Why do you want to play this character?: Yes.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Meme_Lord_Satan
  • *Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:460104247 (I've found it)
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dog#2267
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Gorgika'in khija
A Vortal Conscript of the Overwatch Standard Forces.
*Why do you want to play this character?: So I can play as my Vort in the OSF in the event.
Yeah...Vorts can't join the OSF

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • [DEFN]Madpro187

• *Steam ID:
  • STEAM_0:1:15521284

• *Discord Name & ID:
  • Samual#7417

• *Timezone:
  • EST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
S10/OWS.HURRICANE-09

Merely a member of the Transhumans of which remain.

I am very bored, I need my Willard-Fill for now.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Meme_Lord_Satan
  • *Discord Name & ID: Dog#2267
  • *Timezone: Est
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name: Amari Abara
A African male of Sudanese Origin. They stand of 5'9 and are well fit.
Since I found out that I was lied to and OSF vorts arent unshackled, I decided to scrap that and decide to make a character I plan to actually transfer to main, since I actually have a neat storyline for him, if he survives.

--- Section One ---

*Steam Name:
JakaSmith
*Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:50764615
*Discord Name & ID: JakaSmith#4304
*Timezone: PST

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Dr. Isaac Davies
*Brief summary of the character: An American Doctor imported from the remnants of Los Angeles’s best minds, or what's left of them at least. He graduated from UCLA with a Doctorates in Engineering. The Combine have used Doctor Davies for years now, with him doing their bidding without question.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I’d like to try something new. I know this is a very limited event for a small number of people but I’d like experience in this kind of setting!

--- Section Three ---

*Are you applying for an event character?: Yes
What position are you applying for?: Scientist
The backstory of your character:

combine-propaganda.gif

<::LOADING DATABASE::>

<:: PLEASE INPUT CREDENTIALS ::>

….

<::ACCESS DENIED::>

….

<:: PERMISSION LEVELS GRANTED ::>

<::WELCOME, OVERWATCH::>

<::SELECT A DATABASE::>

>CWU
>CMU
>CITYADMIN

>CPRD
>BIOTIC

<::SELECT OPTIONS::>

>EMPLOYEEDATABASE
>PROJECTS
>PROMOTIONS
>NOTES

<::SELECT OPTIONS::>

….
….
….

>ISAAC.D
….

<::LOADING::>
combine-half-life.gif

fw3hJMjSIZBium4K9S61CjTEGot-OCLladEOXFSdwuXZlw2A8HO_3CuxL3_d8CqDCPWDZvFNzdTAdVmvOe1wUQGanGGb4Mpa1FizHYCt3atuULdbSLhP_aWw7ZnRGvzT1D4XMqIEKKmfzkg-Y0eJyZ42XigNnC7u83LcNOrT7Zoe-A0JJHP1emcBQ11NZQ

Isaac, Pictured 1999, at Lockheed Martin R&D Facilities in Los Angeles

Hight: 6’1
Weight: 200lbs
Eye Color: Green
Ethnicity: Ashkenazi-Jewish American
Civil Status: CPRD Engineer
Education: Doctorates in Engineering from UCLA
Experience: Former employee of Lockheed Martin

Background:

Isaac Davies was born in the City of Los Angeles, California in the year 1965. His only known family member, his mother Jackie Davies, a Nurse at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, died when he was a teenager. Davies lived couch surfing and worked two part time jobs at McDonalds and OfficeMax to pay for his college education at UCLA, which he graduated from in 1989.

After graduating from UCLA with a Doctorates in Engineering, Isaac got back in touch with one of his former friends he used to couch surf with during his late teens. This friend, named Jacob Gale, worked for a contracting firm for Lockheed Martin at the time. Through Jacob, Isaac was eventually hired into the Research and Development sector of Lockheed and Martin in 1990.

During his work at Lockheed Martin under R&D, Isaac helped develop weapons and aircraft for the company, most notably being part of the creation of the A-4AR Fightinghawk, which was still in service during the 7 Hour War with humanity. Isaac’s contributions to the A-4AR Fightinghawk project landed him a promotion to Assistant Engineering Lead in December of 1997 after the first flight of the Fightinghawk.

During the next few years before the Portal Storms, Isaac continued his work at Lockheed Martin. Notably, Isaac had little social life at the time other than keeping in touch with his friend Jacob Gale. Isaac had no known relationships, lovers, or remaining family members during his professional career, making him especially focused on his work, and in turn very wealthy during his final years under the soon to fall United States.

The Portal Storms swept over America with deadly haste. Isaac was lucky, being well protected for the time being under the care of his company during these troubled times. That would not last for long though.

The Combine swept over America like a wave of death, the weapons and aircraft Isaac helped develop evaporating under the plasma weapons from the portals above. America's army fell in a matter of hours to the might of the Combine, most Soldiers being killed, the rest integrated into the Aliens own army.

Isaac was one of the many researchers swept into the Combine’s arms, being sent to Exclusion Zone-024 for a secret project spearheaded by the CPRD. Isaac has fit in quite well with the small research team in the Exclusion Zone, building close friendships with the scientists for once. So far, his contributions to the team have helped the [REDACTED] move along quite smoothly.

<::END LOG::>

Last edited:
--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name: Omega
  • *Steam ID: I Forget
  • *Discord Name & ID: Omega#5347
  • *Timezone: EST
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Dr. Seto Takanaka
*Brief summary of the character: Former Aperture Scientist turned tester for the Combine, Dr. Takanaka graduated in the top of his class from Harvard with a PhD in Theoretical Physics. Usually preferring to be left alone with his work, Seto worked under the Combine as he did under Aperture. Happily.
*Why do you want to play this character?: I think it’d be fun to actually be the one with answers rather than running around everywhere questioning everyone about everything.

--- Section Three ---

• *Are you applying for an event character?: Y
  • What position are you applying for?: Scientist
9989AD39-1C9F-4CC3-A191-A96152E4C2D4.jpeg

Background
Born and raised in Kyoto, Japan, Seto was always a smart kid. Being interested in music and physics as a child, the boy quickly made a name for himself throughout his school years, graduating from his class at the age of 14. Not wasting any time after graduation, Seto immediately went abroad to study at Harvard, staying at the top of his class throughout his education. His thorough love and understanding for Theoretical Physics at such a young age caught the eye of the infamous Cave Johnson, Johnson offering Takanaka an internship at Aperture as well as a job there the moment he graduates. Seto, simply just wanting to focus on his work, agreed. Working at Aperture up until the actual invasion of the Combine, even ignoring the portal storms, Dr. Takanaka showed the Combine that he was a man of dedication. A man that, once working on something, will stop at nothing to finish his research. It’s for this reason he’s even been kept around for as long as he has. Not like Seto cares, though… he just wants to focus on his work.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:
  • VI

• *Steam ID:
  • STEAM_0:0:56942766

• *Discord Name & ID:
  • JACK#6757

• *Timezone:
  • CEST - GMT+1

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
S10/OWS.SIEGE-61

A standard Overwatch delegate.

Been pretty bored ever since the server's been down, would like to get involved and give this event a shot.

--- Section One ---
  • *Steam Name:FelixPiusKiller
  • *Steam ID:Steam-ID: 76561199063170343
  • *Discord Name & ID:felixpiuskiller#1603
  • *Timezone: UTC/GMT +1
--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:Ryan Anderson
*Brief summary of the character:Ryan Anderson worked as a asssistant in chemical lab prewar and took the opputunity to work for the CPRD after the war
*Why do you want to play this character?:because i like the setting of the event and im interested in the CPRD.

--- Section Three ---

• What position are you applying for? Scientist
  • The backstory of your character :
Ryan Anderson was born in 1985 in Chicago.He was born into a middle-class family and took early interest in phyiscs and chemistry. During his schooltime he was in various school clubs that incoporated physics and wrote always A's and B's in Chemistry and and physic classes.After he left Highschool he studied phsysics in the departement of physics at the University Of Chicago and worked as a lab assistant as a part-timejob.
He nearly graduated from the University with a Bachelor but then the portal rifts opened.His family died during the events,but he escaped with a with the help of a RV in the wilderness.He only had a rusty shotgun for his safety and a few bullets for it. In the Rv he had his own little lab and managed to keep researching during the portal storms in it.After the 7-hour-war his talent was found for the sciences and not long after,he got a offer to work for the for CPRD and he took the offer without hesistation.As he was working in Exclusion Zone-024,he felt somthing bad will happen there

Last edited:
CHARACTER FORMAT

The * symbol represents a required filling, below.
Please DO NOT put your answers in bold, as to make the entry easier to read.
--- Section One ---

--- Section Two ---

*Character Name:
Dr. Kirby Brassington
*Brief summary of the character: A post-war pencil pusher for the Combine, having been shoved into a harsh life he is not familiar with-- and certainly isn't adapted to.
*Why do you want to play this character?: Cool premise and cool role.

--- Section Three ---

• What position are you applying for? Scientist

• Kirby was born in a cushy home in an upper-class community deep within the heart of Maryland. He had aspired for the job of a marine biologist and had been led on from birth into believing he was much more special than any of the other children. In a way, it was true, his parents were notorious for buying their way into anything they so desired. This was no different for Kirby, who grew up being constantly showered with only the most lavish of items. He became a cold, awful person to be around-- and as he gained a footing, he also gained quite the monstrous ego.​
  • Towards the end of his not-so-grueling college years, a wake-up call tore through his life in the form of the Resonance Cascade. Fleeing back to mommy and daddy's embrace, he and his family had pulled some strings and were one of the first intakes of civilians for the evacuation orders. Being given the largest bunks and biggest tents, Kirby was in just a slightly worse state than he was before. He was enraged, however, that he couldn't finish his studies. Eventually, though, it all didn't matter when the Combine came-- massacring most of the soldiers and apprehending those that surrendered.​
  • Kirby was tossed around cities, struggling immensely to fit in with the working class. When all hope seems lost, he managed to tap into a skill he still had... if he couldn't work, he could at least charm. And so charm he did, continuing to do so until he managed to reach up to the high chambers of the Urban Centre he lived in. Being offered a job at the CPRD, he was promised to never have to worry about work anymore. He took the offer, a much better deal than toiling away at the work shifts!​
  • However, he's been sent on his first-ever- and most likely last- mission... toward the 024 Exclusion Zone. Ever since he and the expedition of CPRD scientists were whisked away, they were never seen again... and Kirby became another expendable nameless face, lost to time... unless?​

Back