Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

OPERATION FROSTBITE FEEDBACK

Adminges spawned themselves an M249 SAW while I got shot at and took no damage because I had plot armour 💀. We also got given Five-SeveNs instead of real guns because adminges have to win every time. Yes I am coping.

Adminges spawned themselves an M249 SAW while I got shot at and took no damage because I had plot armour 💀. We also got given Five-SeveNs instead of real guns because adminges have to win every time. Yes I am coping.
1673750065664.png

seems biased, ngl.
But, not shoking for willard adminges

I mean they gave us all unsilenced pistols and made us fight rebels with LMG’s, the rebels had captured the remnants by the very beginning of the event, the only cache full of weapons was in the middle of nowhere, the highest ranking OSF member there was pked, someone got us to pretend to be SRF to try to trick the LFC, it failed, we lost our high value extraction target, the dog randomly died despite being healed extensively, the vortigaunt that was helping us was pked immediately after the event started, and any attempt at stealth was dropped when a humvee with two unavoidable rebels came out and we had to capture them because no one wanted to kill them, and even if we had it would have probably made the situation even worse, and the dropship didn’t even have enough seats for everyone so we got forced to leave someone behind.

Overall, could’ve gone better.B476C8B0-DFDB-4874-85DA-3945EC1E1C49.jpeg

I quite enjoyed the event from my perspective of one of the rebel event characters, that being said there's a few things to say from my point of view;

- James, one of the captives, decided that being a hostage just wasn't for him anymore, and just walked out of the trailer mid standoff despite me telling him to stop.
- I had some decent interactions with OSF, most were pretty lacklustre though - I was unarmed and RPing wounded on the floor for example, when OSF decided to try and execute me in s2k randomly with exactly three words between them. Also, it was kinda odd having a Vortigaunt join the Combine conscripts and turn on the rebels, though I know this probably wasn't anything to do with the event staff.
- Again, I don't think this was anticipated but OSF arrived at the camp pretty quickly so the rebel characters never got much chance to build a rapport with their two captives or really each other

I brought up a lot of negative things, but it's easier to name these specific instances - overall I quite enjoyed the event itself.

1673773645125.png

James, one of the captives, decided that being a hostage just wasn't for him anymore, and just walked out of the trailer mid standoff despite me telling him to stop.
You should've shot me cause I took my time exiting that building

I enjoyed the event but being captured at the start was smh

its actually part of a secret agreement to PK as many OSF as possible so u join the LFC
I ain't never joining that shit on god, if I gotta be a rebel I don't want admins spawning me scripts, I gotta work hard for it and enjoy my reward 😤 😤

Quite a refreshing event
  1. Rebel characters P2L'd pretty good even when they were way better equipped than us, combat was enjoyable
  2. If some things were scripted to happen the GM hid it very well, never felt like we were on a rail-shooter event
  3. Loved that retreating was an option, all milsim events should do that instead of allowing players to suddenly steamroll their way out of trouble after they encounter just the most minimal of obstacles
  4. Player decisions basically directed the event instead of the GM deciding to force evertything to go by a script
Cheers

Last edited:
Back