Welcome to Willard Networks!

Experience a next-level Half-Life 2 Roleplay experience. Taking inspiration from games such as Divinity Original Sin and Xcom 2. Featuring a completely overhauled combat system, gameplay and UI.

Our Mutual Destruction Feedback

G

Goose

We had many deaths...
And lot's of bitching because of those deaths....

How was the event in it's entirety?
Be honest, we need the feedback.
No, I don't care that you hate clockwork.

Good, A more dull period for passive/char dev between the refugees and HECU Would've been nice.

When the final assault happened thought I was gonna die and my FPS Just ate shit

Last edited:
I got to watch a man jump off a waterfall thinking there was water below, end up hearing cracking of bones and a death scream upon impacting rocks then a PK message appeared.

I've missed that for a long time.

Lived through the whole thing, got a cool dead space suit, and killed a whole lot of scrombine.

I know some people didn't like the brutality of the event and I kind of get it. We were forced to play cautiously throughout the whole event considering how easy it was to die. I thought it added to the experience, and I think it should be continued if there is a second season.

I should say though, that giving us more direction and better incentives for passive RP would be nice. As the majority of the sessions suffered from extreme script-whoring and sometimes a lack of direction. And when we had direction we often did not have the time to be passive, which could be frustrating.

Other than that though, I thought it went really well. Shocking moments like the massacre in session 3 will remain in my mind for a long time to come.

Wasn't too bad imo. I had a great deal of fun, even though I had to go use the bathroom during the intense part of it.
The combat was challenging, and the roleplay between characters was pretty developing.
Can't wait to see more down the line.

I would say there should've been more direction during that last part, but I can't comment on that because I didn't hear whatever briefing there was during the large combat segment.

Either way, it was fun.:smug:

Felt messy in some parts- not 100% on the PKs. I'm curious how you qualified why each person died (HECU bajillion deaths, then suddenly our SSGT eats shit). Thankfully I died right near the end so my asshole hurt was minimal
My experience as HECU
SSGT being hardass
LT being based
Speaking mainly with shotgunner on firewatch
Machinegunner quiet and unnoticed by me
Dragged about 15 corpses to medic to fix
AWP didn't live up to my expectations (mad cuz bad)

Overall solid event. Finale felt a bit clunky and rushed but that'll happen when 99% of the event was passive.
FUCK YOU HEX

Genuinely my favourite event I've ever attended? Tied for that spot with the final Pointbreak beta, actually.

I went through a great character arc on my refugee, Jason Mayhew. I think he's one of my favourite characters just because of how much he changed in these four hours. At least for me, there was plenty of time to passive, and the passive was that much better because of the fact that it was surrounded by quite eventful circumstances, meaning the conversations reflecting on these events could inform on one's character development a lot more than a passive RP in a peaceful city, for example.

People will mald about CW but it really made the event that much more exciting due to the increased risk of death... which happened. A lot. A lot of people died, and that was part of the reason the event worked so well. The downside, of course, being that if you died you're shit out of luck and you're not allowed to make a new character, but that was necassary to suit the tone of the event.

Even though I haven't played it fully, the Dead Space references were a bit on the nose, and the power armour looks a bit out of place, but I get it's the best model with what we've got, and it's a Dead Space inspired event, so idrc.

Good to see Hex again, and everyone gunning him the fuck down at the end was funny, and Rad-X kills it with the broadcasts he sends ICly... as well as killing us. With rockets. A lot... of rockets...

TLDR: Fuckin' loved it. Thanks Goose...

I got to watch a man jump off a waterfall thinking there was water below, end up hearing cracking of bones and a death scream upon impacting rocks then a PK message appeared.

I've missed that for a long time.
I did that jump- and I DID land perfectly fine because there is water below. I used it to try and skip a long ass walk to get back with the main group and was PK'd for it, after being PM'd that I couldn't be tended to doing things because I was split from the main group and need to get back with them.

So, I was only there for the last 2 hours, but;

I thought there wasn't a lot of down time for roleplay between making the plans and enacting them - some more passive RP moments may have been cool! To be fair, though, I wasn't with the main group very long.

It was also the finale, so a big moment with no time for dilly dallying make sense.

Ultimately, I really liked the gritty feel and how hard it was; people were dying left, right, and centre, and that was very cool - made it feel very rewarding when you did survive a situation! I killed an OTA soldier!

I died to a different OTA soldier up on a podium, when I was trying to meet back up with the main group!

Didn't see them make their way there, and they definitely weren't on there when I approached, so I was a little confused.

While the chapter was overall solid, I was surprised there were so many combat sections against OTA soldiers as the climax for a campaign that peaked during the survival sections against necromorphs, but the monsters were suddenly sidelined after we crossed the first tunnel. Would have been cool to have them play a part during or after the storming of the tower.

About the overarching story I'll say that it's hard to engage to the 'save the world' kind of plot when most characters are just people trying to escape to safer lands but somehow ended walking right into the combine doomsday device fort, that's where I think having necromorphs literally closing in from all sides as the tower did its thing would have helped with giving a sense of urgency for even the most grounded of characters (maybe there was and I misinterpreted it, but the /events did a bad job at explaining any context throughout the season).

What I mean is that the first half of the season would have been a more fitting narrative for the cast of characters from yesterday, as it was more about survival; while the second half, more action-oriented, would have been a better fit for the group of rebels from the first half which travelled all the way to America to fight the Combine specifically.

We had a serious problem with NPC nodes. We had a lot more, they just refused to do anything. Map nodes is what hurt the overall atmosphere. Wouldn't be scary with necros when they just stood infront of you to get shot and die. We spawned a lot, they just didn't move to engage and by the time they did - they were corpses.

We had a serious problem with NPC nodes. We had a lot more, they just refused to do anything. Map nodes is what hurt the overall atmosphere. Wouldn't be scary with necros when they just stood infront of you to get shot and die. We spawned a lot, they just didn't move to engage and by the time they did - they were corpses.
We've gotta do a setting like we had in Venus with the OMD Crew. Featuring the necros instead of the XMZ

Back