Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Denied ozymaniac | STEAM_0:0:140054272 | Ban Appeal

ozymandias

Radio Bob Approved
Protector
Joined
Feb 6, 2024
Messages
257
Steam Name: ozymaniac
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:140054272



Name of the Admin you were banned by: Imperator Rad-X
How long is the ban for?: Permanently
The reason you were banned?: Unsavoury Comments Deemed Highly Inappropriate - Behavioural Maturity Golden Rule
Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
This will be somewhat long, but I would like to begin by saying I fucked up. Really, I did. What I did in /cp OOC was not intended to make other players feel unsafe, but it was also just stupid of me to say. Although it doesn't justify it, I grew up with this sort of humor on other servers I've played, and it was the middle of the night and I just wanted to give people a laugh. Clearly, I went overboard with this.

What I said was
I'm 23 but I pretend to be 15 so I can prey on younger people. along with sending a gif of CWU artwork someone made on Synapse and said even without consent, I still would. This was not serious at all, but it was also not a good thing to say at that. I only assumed that this sort of humor was acceptable there, simply because I know people on this server who are just weird. Horseki saying the N word, MazuzaM posting softcore porn, Asimo(?) posting an image of him wearing thigh highs and a skirt on a desk. It was in reference to something somebody said in another server, but I never specified that. Again, this doesn't make it any better but I am a minor myself. I am 15 years old, to be exact. I don't condone people who seriously do this stuff in-real-life at all.
1742827359702.png (Said on another server, Deep Gaming. This isn't me, just to clarify.)

I seriously apologize for what I said. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody at all, and I was being dumb and immature in these messages. I sincerely apologize to the staff team, and just playerbase who heard this sort of stuff in general. I simply wish to just play the server, be able to just roleplay with people and have fun on it + bring fun for others here too.

Even if I'm not unbanned instantly, I'd still be completely okay with serving time for this ban, if it does get accepted. What I said was not okay at all, it was highly inappropriate and I only did it because I heard this sort of stuff on other servers, and grew up with this sort of humor which isn't a healthy thing at all.

I completely understand that I broke the rules here, and if there's any questions about this, please do ask. That's all I can say. Have a good day, people.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any edits I make will be posted down here.

People post stuff like this (it'll be below), and if memes can be posted about people who kill people just because of their skin color, I assumed it'd be okay. 1742829152830.png
























Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?: If it counts, I have an image of Horseki and Mazuza posting weird shit + my ban message. I dunno if I should post my ban message.

1742828998212.png1742829005651.png


Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?: (List the steam and/or character names of them or tag them)

No.
 
Last edited:
I really don't know where to begin with this thread, at the moment of writing this. I could start from the very top or I could start from the very bottom.

I'll start by giving you a little bit of server history so the very bottom. We started in 2018 with but a few scraps and a discord to call a server, and as time goes on the server goes through a few bumpy rides that are equally equivalent to the number one spot for serious roleplay on the Half Life 2 RP end of things. We as a community uphold that seven years to date.

Normally ban appeals don't warrant my attention but this is obviously a special occasion. Day in and day out I have to hear some of the most insane or inert nonsense that people have to put up with on the server, which is mostly just "people doing dumb shit" - and that's usually fine until said instances get very crazy.

This server has standards to keep up with, the community has standards to keep up with. This is what I would call absolutely crazy if you somehow found this to be funny.

I'm going to say it straight. If you're around people who genuinely think the way that was mentioned above and it comes down to you wishing you hadn't addressed and it's not coming from Willard, I will give you some life advice:

DITCH THOSE PEOPLE.

You've got to ditch them far and wide before your personality becomes warped by those that are obviously unhinged and mentally deranged and are likely so terminally online they have no sense of actual self-awareness.

It's very hard to tell between the lines whether or not someone means what they say in that regard, versus those that see it "as a joke". Willard is a community & social server, so there's zero tolerance on this, it's one of our golden rules you see stated in Behavioural Maturity when you first read our guidelines. I wrote that one myself, personally.
------

Now, the appeal itself. I'm pleased that you have come to a sensual conclusion and your apologies are very sincere. I'm in the belief in giving people chances when I feel they have earned it. A lot of people tend to respect a the case that I am proportionate in seeing whether or not individuals are deserving a small case of trust. But for situations like these, it forces me to be placed into a hugely disadvantageous position which brings me pause, y'get what I'm saying?

As for the last part of your appeal, those threads - I'm frankly tired of seeing them because everyone is trying to get their "minute of fame" on the starboard. I consider it somewhat brain-rot at this point.

I know @Neonity is not serious in any form about the above. Elaborating on its origin, we were dealing with minge characters that were made by players just to be on the extremes to deliberately antagonise and annoy others and they were swiftly banned from the server by @Neonity, herself. So the image is taken out of context. Shouldn't be on the starboard, but still.

@HOKI, their message was from March 2022. I believe it's easy to say things have changed since then as we have community banned slurs from being preached in Willard.

Mazuza's... that's an odd one. I'll investigate that anomaly and clean that up but it appears be from last year which somehow escaped our radar. So I'll be sending a memo out that we'll be actively scouring the chats for this type of ilk. Still close enough to be considered strange and I don't endorse it on Willard by any means and I consider it NSFW. Thank you for the report because I had no idea that's even there.


I'll revisit your ban in 30 days, perhaps longer if my team feels it completely valid to be extended before we want to deliberate further. I'm hesitant because shit like this is inexcusable and I want to run a friendly and mannered community. We do not think jokes like that are funny and there was a reason your post was reported on mass by the players.

I've got some spring cleaning to do in this server as it seems, some things get beyond our notice and that's clearly evident until today.
 
Hello @ozymandias

The Moderation Team have decided not to unban as of now. We don't feel comfortable enough, to bring you back into our Community. You may re-appeal in 3 months
 
Back
Top