Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Petski ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petski

Radio Bob Approved
Joined
Jul 17, 2021
Messages
90
Steam Name: Petski

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17461532

Name of the Admin you were banned by:
@Jinx

How long is the ban for?:
10080 minutes (1 week)

The reason you were banned?:
''Used alt-character to loot CP-3 you just destroyed on another character.''

Why do you wish to be unbanned?:
I don't believe i did anything wrong, genuinely. I went down into the sewers on my Bulgarian Character after an entire hour had passed to do my routine chip farming. I did not go straight to CP-3 looking for left-over loot from the battle, nor did i intend to. If you look at the logs, i cleared a very high amount of trash piles before i actually arrived at the deserted battlefield, which should give a clear indication of i was in no hurry to try and loot whatever valuables that were left behind. Just finding trash to sell to the smugglers. What i believe also shows that i had genuinely no malicious intent is that i contacted staff (twice) in regards to whether or not i could take the destroyed turret with me.

Do you have any picture or video evidence to support your reason?:
1642449423885.png
1642449442806.png
The first image is the first message i could find that marks when the battle ended and we got charbanned as we escaped to the Outlands. The Second image is of a discord message that got sent right after i got banned, which was aproximately 8-10 minutes after i had been at the scene of CP-3 as my alt-character. An entire 60 minutes (if not more) had passed since the last shot was taken and we escaped, when i had arrived down there again on my alt-character.

Were there any witnesses who can help in this appeal?:
I don't know who could be of use here.
 
So, since this Ban was authorised by Booile and requested by them. I am going to state that I will leave the judgement of this appeal up to them.

I will however provide my opinion;
From the fact that you were involved within this situation it seems a little suspicious that you went back towards the location. Even if you left time before the situation you knew that the area had loot, and downed combine appliances that you could scavenge from.

Although it does seem like you attempted to avoid returning immediately after (from what you have said).
 
I've been unable to find what rules state the specific amount of time that has to pass before you are allowed back into the area & interact with objects/stuff. As far as i know, there is no such specific statement in the Guidelines & Rules section anywhere. I personally feel as though an entire hour would have sufficed, but i honestly might just have missed where it's written.
 
1642451755716.png

1642451768427.png

Going back on another character to the scene of the combat to grab a turret...

It speaks for itself, me thinks.
 
I understand what you're getting at, but again, an entire hour had passed; am i to ignore that entire section of the sewers due to the actions of another one of my characters who were there an hour ago? Realistically you'd think everything would already have been picked clean by the OTA-salvage team & rebels after an hour.

I don't see why you assume i had the intention to try and break a rule from the get-go.
 
Last edited:
I understand what you're getting at, but again, an entire hour had passed; am i to ignore that entire section of the sewers due to the actions of another one of my characters who were there an hour ago? Realistically you'd think everything would already have been picked clean by the OTA-salvage team & rebels after an hour.

I don't see why you assume i had the intention to try and break a rule from the get-go.

Should have waited the day instead of hopping on another character and trying to scavenge the area that you know had loot because of the combat that happened there.

I had to ban another player for a similar reason except a more extreme case.

If other administration wish to weigh in their opinion on a reduction of a ban, sure, but a ban of some sort will stay for this.
 
Should have waited the day instead of hopping on another character and trying to scavenge the area that you know had loot because of the combat that happened there.
Again, i don't see a specific cooldown time anywhere on the Guidelines & Rules section. If an entire day is what you'd call the official cooldown, then i really don't think that's public knowledge, of which it should be.

My logs will show that i just performed a standard trash-run, instead of just going straight for whatever loot was leftover from the scene. My character simply stumbled upon a broken turret (long after everything else is gone) & i acted how my character would act; ''Can i sell this?''. If the Guidelines & Rules section would have specified the time that has to pass, i would have followed it & ignored the turret, but since no official information can be extracted from said page, i told myself an entire hour would be fine, as it was pure coincidence that i found the turret anyway.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but i think it's important.
 
I don't think there is anything i can say that will remove 100% suspicion from me or my actions. I do believe however that there should be an official cooldown or delay before you are allowed to interact with objects or locations with an alt-character, of which you have already done on another character in the past, and put that in the rules section.

I'll take whatever reduction you may give and be grateful for that or stick with the week. It's not like I'll quit the server, as i very much enjoy the gameplay & the community (Staff included)

Grunk Gang out :blanky:
 
Considering no one has put anything else, im going to remove the ban; you will have waited out 3 days or so and its your first infraction.

Please do not use another character to loot a battlefield you were part of on your main character next time. Use common sense; we don't have to put everything in the rules for players to know something isn't right. Otherwise our rules list would be 10 pages long with legalise in it to deter every loophole possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top